Author Topic: New Emerica video coming.  (Read 22383 times)

SlapTM

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 242
Re: New Emerica video coming.
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2020, 09:03:12 AM »
I know the car wash is legendary for being crazy. But does anyone know how dicksons ender incline bank compares to the incline of the car wash? Like someone know the incline degrees or geometry or something. It doesn’t matter I’m just curious.
I can't give you exact dimensions of the spot but I will say it's fucked. It's at a famous school (Leo bump to 5-0 TSM cover, 17 rail/hubba Zion and Foy skated in that ETN event, 15 rail that has been skated quite a bit) so everyone has seen it or looked at it. It's been tried but no one has been able to do it and the first time we went there Jon got rocked just dropping in 3/4 of the way up and we left. The bank goes straight down the last foot or so of it where it meets the asphalt so it's pretty much taking a drop so quick and going that fast.

BieberStance

• Rep: -18
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2020, 10:39:29 AM »
I think most of want to see both the skater and the spot in the same frame and just think that looks best but that's just my opinion.
[/quote]

THANK YOU <3

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2020, 08:00:53 AM »
I could barley even see the last trick because of the text!
Idiots.

yeah the gifs.com text was distracting, I hope they got paid well for putting that plug in there
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2020, 08:49:54 AM »
Expand Quote
I could barley even see the last trick because of the text!
Idiots.

[close]
yeah the gifs.com text was distracting, I hope they got paid well for putting that plug in there
Gosh it takes away from the gif itself,super bummed on it!

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Ghost Lurker

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2020, 12:07:15 PM »

how I’ve been feeling lately, SLAP Fam

SlapTM

« Reply #245 on: February 27, 2020, 10:04:57 PM »
What i loved about TiS was the dark vibes. The music like Danzig, the smiths, the cure... The dark green athmosphere, Skaters that were kinda hip kinda punkish dressed without leaning in to goth or the zero metalhead vibes. This all mixed with super heavy tricks.
Back then it opened to me the perspective that skateboarding can be rewarding, aestetic and all that without having to necessarily be "fun" or "happy" or cool to watch. It even showed me that skateboarding can be finding reward in pain. And that you can be punk without being gimmicky too much.

Zero did this aswell tho and i was a fan BUT they did it super clichee and kinda cheesy. TiS felt true.

Flip sorry did kind of the same to me but with adding the "fun". But the kind of desperate dirty, drug addict, english humor fun. I loved that aswell.
And i was not the only one by far because we all looked and heshed like emerica/baker clones. were i am from it had a bigger impact than the baker video at that time. Baker felt like for stoners. Emerica for the more hip punks.

Dylan Rieders parts hit me and others exactly in the same vain. Skating stylish and dark and not necessarly fun. minimalised on the gimmicks.

Who is doing that right now is Bobby D.

What i wanted to say, sorry i got lost in reminicing, was that i hoped Green would continue were TiS left. I saw the tries but for me what lost me was all the smily "bro"ness in it. and it was too bright.

Still amazing skateboarding and i enjoyed it alot!

Sorry for bothering with my two cents

Stoked that you're down to be open and honest. I will say that the "bro" ness isn't fake or anything like that. That's just how it is when we go out. It's literally me, Dakota, Dickson and a crew out skating every day and hanging out. We love skating together and always have a good time. Nothing about this video was forced or fake. Just totally natural from Dakota getting on, to putting the video plan together and the overall filming of it but in my opinion that's what made it so special to all of us. Just some skaters doing what we do for a brand we all love and are stoked to be a part of.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #246 on: February 27, 2020, 10:11:35 PM »
Expand Quote
What i loved about TiS was the dark vibes. The music like Danzig, the smiths, the cure... The dark green athmosphere, Skaters that were kinda hip kinda punkish dressed without leaning in to goth or the zero metalhead vibes. This all mixed with super heavy tricks.
Back then it opened to me the perspective that skateboarding can be rewarding, aestetic and all that without having to necessarily be "fun" or "happy" or cool to watch. It even showed me that skateboarding can be finding reward in pain. And that you can be punk without being gimmicky too much.

Zero did this aswell tho and i was a fan BUT they did it super clichee and kinda cheesy. TiS felt true.

Flip sorry did kind of the same to me but with adding the "fun". But the kind of desperate dirty, drug addict, english humor fun. I loved that aswell.
And i was not the only one by far because we all looked and heshed like emerica/baker clones. were i am from it had a bigger impact than the baker video at that time. Baker felt like for stoners. Emerica for the more hip punks.

Dylan Rieders parts hit me and others exactly in the same vain. Skating stylish and dark and not necessarly fun. minimalised on the gimmicks.

What i wanted to say, sorry i got lost in reminicing, was that i hoped Green would continue were TiS left. I saw the tries but for me what lost me was all the smily "bro"ness in it. and it was too bright.

[close]

Stoked that you're down to be open and honest. I will say that the "bro" ness isn't fake or anything like that. That's just how it is when we go out. It's literally me, Dakota, Dickson and a crew out skating every day and hanging out. We love skating together and always have a good time. Nothing about this video was forced or fake. Just totally natural from Dakota getting on, to putting the video plan together and the overall filming of it but in my opinion that's what made it so special to all of us. Just some skaters doing what we do for a brand we all love and are stoked to be a part of.
seeing as you all are so tight, how was the conversation with figgy and dickson about rollers? do you feel anything strongly about their close association with the white power flirtation?

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #247 on: February 28, 2020, 06:03:57 AM »
Emerica for the more hip punks.

I always thought Gravis was doing what Emerica should have done at the time. The Hip feel behing the Gravis project was really close to TIS, while Emerica kinda Zero-ed itself going for a more Baker/Gimmicky/bro/rednecky feel.
At the time imagine a parallel world where you take out Figgy, Collin and Braydon and put Dylan and Jake Johnson and Frostner on Emerica

SlapTM

« Reply #248 on: February 28, 2020, 11:32:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
seeing as you all are so tight, how was the conversation with figgy and dickson about rollers? do you feel anything strongly about their close association with the white power flirtation?
Baca is heavily involved with Rollers and he's sick as fuck.