Author Topic: New Emerica video coming.  (Read 22425 times)

MOUNTAIN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 211
Re: New Emerica video coming.
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2020, 05:50:24 PM »
Expand Quote

Side-note: who the fuck builds stairs like this?
[close]
Must’ve been one of Tommy Gunz’s first contracts.

I grew up skating this spot, this is NBD haha
We used to skate on a sculpture by Henry Moore. Good times.

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2020, 08:21:48 PM »
bouta be sickkk

Hellyeahfuckyeah

• Rep: -12
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2020, 08:30:51 PM »
I feel a bit sour towards Emerica since they cut Hsu and Herman when they were still producing for them. Isn’t Jon Miner gone too? Anyone know who’s handling this project?

Edit: no hate to the other guys on the team, I’m sure it’ll be sick

Going to assume you are young, but thats not how it went down

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2020, 10:08:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

was wondering if the building was built after the sTaiRcAsE?

thisisnotepic

• Rep: 88
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2020, 10:58:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

was wondering if the building was built after the sTaiRcAsE?

The building is actually the Ministry of Silly Walks.

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2020, 11:01:14 PM »
So this is gonna be the A-roll footy from Progamming Injection?

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2020, 11:06:28 PM »
someone told me that with Active going under, Sole Tech will be hurting because they were apparently had a six-figure debt with the shop.
can anyone confirm?

satan

• Rep: 38
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2020, 11:14:09 PM »
someone told me that with Active going under, Sole Tech will be hurting because they were apparently had a six-figure debt with the shop.
can anyone confirm?
Don't know about this time around but I'm pretty sure Soletech and Crailtap were owed 7-figures, pushing 8..
Iirc, they had 12mil or 9mil Nike debt, and that has the biggest. Sole and Crail were in the top 4-5?

Nvm. My memory sucks
https://sgbonline.com/active-ride-shop-latest-retailer-to-file-for-bankruptcy-protection/
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 03:20:26 AM by satan »

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #68 on: January 23, 2020, 05:12:19 AM »
They owe black box over 200 000?
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #69 on: January 23, 2020, 01:54:14 PM »
Expand Quote
I feel a bit sour towards Emerica since they cut Hsu and Herman when they were still producing for them. Isn’t Jon Miner gone too? Anyone know who’s handling this project?

[close]

2 full parts in the video. Looks like Tim Cisilino (TM) is covering this project.
I filmed the entire thing pretty much but we've got someone else handling the editing. It's looking great and I couldn't be more stoked on it.

Emerica TM, please make DVDs for us.
Already on it.

can anyone confirm?
We haven't sold to Active in years so we're all good.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #70 on: January 23, 2020, 02:34:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hahahah yoooo

EnalE

• Rep: 5
« Reply #71 on: January 23, 2020, 03:04:54 PM »
can anyone confirm?

Haven't sold to them in years.  They're not hurting due to Active

Little Debbie

« Reply #72 on: January 23, 2020, 03:22:27 PM »
it was good to see Miner still out there with the crew on the story the other day...

Plop

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2020, 05:47:07 PM »

pabloalvarado

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
  • Elissa Steamer is a superstar.
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2020, 07:49:43 PM »
Spanky with the moustache ftw. I can´t wait for this new Emerica video !!

https://twitter.com/Emerica/status/1221624913082978304

thisisnotepic

« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2020, 08:06:39 PM »
Did they cut their design team too? Hideous typography for the title. The Emerica logo already has an 'E' when it's right side up. This looks ass.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2020, 08:37:50 PM »
Did they cut their design team too? Hideous typography for the title. The Emerica logo already has an 'E' when it's right side up. This looks ass.

Pretty sure that’s the point.

Although it does bother me that the logos aren’t blatantly positioned to look like it.

thisisnotepic

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2020, 08:53:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Although it does bother me that the logos aren’t blatantly positioned to look like it.

I guess I didn't realize the use of 'Green' is in the sense of "fresh, new to the job" or whatever. Dumb on my part, but still, making it look shitty on purpose is too on the nose.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2020, 09:35:11 PM »
there are also way too many emerica logos. if you have two in the name, the word emerica under that, the entire right side bordered by logos, do you really need the wonky one in the top left corner?

SlapTM

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2020, 10:18:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I guess I didn't realize the use of 'Green' is in the sense of "fresh, new to the job" or whatever. Dumb on my part, but still, making it look shitty on purpose is too on the nose.
Yes, the meaning of the title is us saying that Green is going to be something fresh for the brand. It's Dakota's first Emerica part, Jon's first Emerica shoe, Miner's first video project since he left and just pretty much a fresh start with everything that has happened over the last several years.

Expand Quote
[close]
there are also way too many emerica logos. if you have two in the name, the word emerica under that, the entire right side bordered by logos, do you really need the wonky one in the top left corner?
I know that it wasn't mentioned in any of the posts but this was actually our ad in the latest issue of Thrasher and the combo box logo on the top left corner is on every ad this year so that's why it may seem like a lot in this photo in particular.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2020, 12:02:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Yes, the meaning of the title is us saying that Green is going to be something fresh for the brand. It's Dakota's first Emerica part, Jon's first Emerica shoe, Miner's first video project since he left and just pretty much a fresh start with everything that has happened over the last several years.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I know that it wasn't mentioned in any of the posts but this was actually our ad in the latest issue of Thrasher and the combo box logo on the top left corner is on every ad this year so that's why it may seem like a lot in this photo in particular.

How is it a 'fresh' start by bringing back someone who only left, in what 2017? Who more or less made every Emerica video for 15 years, and pretty much carved an image for a shoe company for the better part of two decades. That sounds like Emerica is going back to the well to what has worked in the past, while the rest of the industry moves forward. Nothing about that says 'fresh start' or 'green'.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2020, 12:14:19 AM »
eh, i’m just excited miner is editing it. the layout of that ad is kinda strange though.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

SlapTM

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2020, 12:26:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

How is it a 'fresh' start by bringing back someone who only left, in what 2017? Who more or less made every Emerica video for 15 years, and pretty much carved an image for a shoe company for the better part of two decades. That sounds like Emerica is going back to the well to what has worked in the past, while the rest of the industry moves forward. Nothing about that says 'fresh start' or 'green'.
Clearly, you didn't understand that I didn't say a fresh start is solely based on having Miner edit it. What I meant was everything happening right now is pretty "green" on where the brand is going as a whole. Dakota's first Emerica part, Jon's first Emerica shoe, and the first year/video without Reynolds so now all of our riders can be the main focus of the brand instead of one person basically being the face of the brand. The combination of new things along with some classic heritage (Miner helping out) is pretty exciting and I hope everyone is stoked on the video. Miner has been doing an incredible job on it.

eh, i’m just excited miner is editing it. the layout of that ad is kinda strange though.
It may be a little strange to some for sure but sometimes you've got to be different to stand out and because of that people are now talking about the ad regardless if they like it or not.

JapanAirCombYourHair

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2020, 12:45:21 AM »
Will Baekkel have a part?

SlapTM

« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2020, 12:54:37 AM »
Will Baekkel have a part?
It's only Dakota and Dickson having full parts but there is a team section which Baekkel along with everybody else will have clips in.

RapedByRepublicans

• Rep: -17
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2020, 01:06:13 AM »
Expand Quote

Yeah I'm almost sure Jon miner is gone too and... I love me some spanky I've got two of his more recent ads (the one from the drain pipe and the one where he wallies off the roof) hanging on my wall but yeah, I mean hsu had second to last part in a video that bad only been out for a year and a half ish and they kick him off for not producing... That ain't a good look sole tech (or whoever the fuck owns Emerica) I had every pair of the hsu the purple ones from skate two, grey and red hsu 2, and black s with red accent hsu g6...i really dig the new Romero "Americana" as worn by someone else in black with white laces (I think the as was in thrasher the month before they announced Dakota) anyway, they looked sick as fuck but I don't think I can support them any longer... Need a pair of those debut edition hunter green mid top Tyshawn adidas ,some suciu adidas or maybe those bitchin' Sean Pablo cons ...i just can't see chucks being that good for skating but they're excellent for kicking it...   I'm interested to know if those blondey clear adidas hold up... Fuck Nike...  "don't do it"  consolidated, "stay pure, stay poor"

[close]

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2020, 01:06:24 AM »
Be cool if Wimer has a part.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

RapedByRepublicans

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2020, 01:11:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I feel a bit sour towards Emerica since they cut Hsu and Herman when they were still producing for 7them. Isn’t Jon Miner gone too? Anyone know who’s handling this project?

Yeah I'm almost sure Jon miner is gone too and... I love me some spanky I've got two of his more recent ads (the one from the drain pipe and the one where he wallies off the roof) hanging on my wall but yeah, I mean hsu had second to last part in a video that bad only been out for a year and a half ish and they kick him off for not producing... That ain't a good look sole tech (or whoever the fuck owns Emerica) I had every pair of the hsu the purple ones from skate two, grey and red hsu 2, and black s with red accent hsu g6...i really dig the new Romero "Americana" as worn by someone else in black with white laces (I think the as was in thrasher the month before they announced Dakota) anyway, they looked sick as fuck but I don't think I can support them any longer... Need a pair of those debut edition hunter green mid top Tyshawn adidas ,some suciu adidas or maybe those bitchin' Sean Pablo cons ...i just can't see chucks being that good for skating but they're excellent for kicking it...   I'm interested to know if those blondey clear adidas hold up... Fuck Nike...  "don't do it"  consolidated, "stay pure, stay poor"

[close]

[close]

If you are talking to me, thanks b/c "I don't wanna grow up cause if I did I couldn't be a toys r us kid... I don't wanna grow up, don't wanna grow up, I wanna be a toys r us kid."

Incidentally, young people can have insight and wisdom too though admittedly I suppose it is something of an outlier... That said I wish I was young but I'm thirty seven actually

RapedByRepublicans

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2020, 01:36:13 AM »
But I act young I just made a dook in someone's shoe (it's a DC actually)... I can't wait to see the look on someone's face come the morn... I don't know how I'm going to watch for it without giving away that it were me...

Wait a second, you think that's immature for a thirty seven year old to be playing hide a Dook in a house in which he is guest... Well fuck you

Oh wait, I live alone?  I just dooked my own shoe...!?   Fuck me running!

Mad Max

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2020, 02:08:08 AM »
Back the video?

Buy the shoes.