Author Topic: New Emerica video coming.  (Read 22334 times)

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: New Emerica video coming.
« Reply #150 on: February 14, 2020, 05:31:21 PM »
Ah the age old “you suck, therefore you can’t comment on pro skater x y or z’s skating”

Bette not complain about the president. Maybe if you had decided to run for office YOU’D be the one in the Oval Office.

Says a team manager for food stamps skateboarding footwear.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

doublesteveburger

« Reply #151 on: February 14, 2020, 05:38:02 PM »
Hey EmericaTM are you guys hiring? My buddy Anthony from Tucson needs a job.

BrockSamson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2020, 05:47:35 PM »
Ah the age old “you suck, therefore you can’t comment on pro skater x y or z’s skating”

Bette not complain about the president. Maybe if you had decided to run for office YOU’D be the one in the Oval Office.

except they weren't commenting on  his/their skating.

they were complaining about his grammar on an instagram post. which is silly.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #153 on: February 14, 2020, 05:53:14 PM »
2/21 let’s get it. Sucks waiting a week

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8jp6MHpg8M/?igshid=18ij8ul5jxu6

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #154 on: February 14, 2020, 06:24:37 PM »

It was a joke about him caring too much about how somebody posts on their Instagram which clearly went over your head.

Tracersbrother

• Rep: -195
« Reply #155 on: February 14, 2020, 07:49:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
yeah looking forward to watching once available online

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8fgsDcA0oq/
[close]

Hey EmericaTM, can you ask Dakota to use periods to separate his sentences? Please and thank you.
[close]
Haha grammar definitely isn't his strong suit but luckily he's a gnarly skateboarder. I know we got a few SLAP Pals showing up tonight and would be stoked if anyone else decides to come hang out. After party at Black LBC to follow so let's get some beers if anyone happens to make it out tonight.
[close]
Please talk to your riders about posting shit on insta that makes them look like a nimwit. Dude is gonna be fucked after skating. He seems like he has a 3rd grade education. I wonder if he can spell his name correctly
[close]
Nah I let the guys do what they want and let their skating do the talking. Dakota has made some solid financial investments so I think he will be all right. If you put as much effort into your skating as you did caring about somebody's grammar and instagram captions maybe you would be the one with a pro board.

Expand Quote
EmericaTM, anyone word on a hardcopy release?
[close]
Yes, we will be getting some DVD's made.

Are you sure he knows how to correctly spell his name? His name could quite possibly not be spelled correctly on his board since his grammar is as bad as his trick selection therefore neither of us have our names on boards. I could however just write mine on a board and as long as it's spelled correctly I would win. And I would never do the horrible tricks Dakoti does. And will you hire Anthony from Tuscan please, he needs a job. He could be the teams spell checker

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #156 on: February 14, 2020, 08:02:52 PM »
i’m having a little bit of trouble believing dickson back noseblunted el toro and dakota back 180d into car wash bank..

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #157 on: February 14, 2020, 08:13:42 PM »
i’m having a little bit of trouble believing dickson back noseblunted el toro and dakota back 180d into car wash bank..
troll post by Tracersbrother, like all of the rest

Tracersbrother

« Reply #158 on: February 14, 2020, 08:28:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
troll post by Tracersbrother, like all of the rest

That's what I heard. A troll got trolled by a troll

DiscountCanofTuna

• Rep: 7
« Reply #159 on: February 14, 2020, 10:31:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
yeah looking forward to watching once available online

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8fgsDcA0oq/
[close]

Hey EmericaTM, can you ask Dakota to use periods to separate his sentences? Please and thank you.
[close]
Haha grammar definitely isn't his strong suit but luckily he's a gnarly skateboarder. I know we got a few SLAP Pals showing up tonight and would be stoked if anyone else decides to come hang out. After party at Black LBC to follow so let's get some beers if anyone happens to make it out tonight.
[close]
Please talk to your riders about posting shit on insta that makes them look like a nimwit. Dude is gonna be fucked after skating. He seems like he has a 3rd grade education. I wonder if he can spell his name correctly
[close]
Nah I let the guys do what they want and let their skating do the talking. Dakota has made some solid financial investments so I think he will be all right. If you put as much effort into your skating as you did caring about somebody's grammar and instagram captions maybe you would be the one with a pro board.

Expand Quote
EmericaTM, anyone word on a hardcopy release?
[close]
Yes, we will be getting some DVD's made.
[close]

Are you sure he knows how to correctly spell his name? His name could quite possibly not be spelled correctly on his board since his grammar is as bad as his trick selection therefore neither of us have our names on boards. I could however just write mine on a board and as long as it's spelled correctly I would win. And I would never do the horrible tricks Dakoti does. And will you hire Anthony from Tuscan please, he needs a job. He could be the teams spell checker

Aye but like what would you give to post something important/relevant enough for people to care about your grammar?

For what it's worth i find Dakota's insta captions sick, like he's too stoked on skating to fuck around with punctuation, that sounds a'ight to me
2023 Slap Pals Fantasy Football Champion

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #160 on: February 15, 2020, 05:27:45 AM »
Agreed, just stoked and enjoying the process

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #161 on: February 15, 2020, 08:53:39 AM »
shalom
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #162 on: February 15, 2020, 10:13:36 AM »
who went to the premiere

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #163 on: February 15, 2020, 11:24:46 AM »
Should've named it "Mustache". Still could've used the Emerica logo at the end.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #164 on: February 16, 2020, 08:52:58 AM »
This shits on page 2 already? Seriously? I miss the days when you could come on Slap and people would actually be talking about the tricks in the video instead of just trying to fucking dunk on the riders instagrams and shit talk the team managers

Ghost Lurker

• Rep: 17
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2020, 09:24:45 AM »
It was a solid video. 2 stand out tricks by Dickson were a
kickflip fs noseblunt a picnic table in a line and
a fs half cab flip fs noseslide down a hubba.
I was also coincidentally sitting behind manchild and his crew and completely forgot Dickson kickflips that bump to wall he tried to get for The Flare. They didn’t cheer.

All of this sounds awesome.

We have a Deathwish board with all the DW riders *then
signature on it at the local shop here. It’d be sweet to have the Dickson pro model up on the shelf next to that.

Isn’t Jon from Midwest? Illinois somewhere or something? Was he RQ board ranch team?

I like the cool no nonsense hammer skating these guys do a good job of carrying on with the progression of quite well.

DrunkleJesse

• Rep: 1
« Reply #166 on: February 16, 2020, 10:57:45 AM »
I actually think Jon is dope and Dakota never bothered me. Admittedly, I've never had a "holy shit, this guy goes" moment with Mr. Servold. Who knows, this could be the part that converts me. I'm just psyched on a new Emerica video in general, though.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2020, 11:48:10 AM »
This shits on page 2 already? Seriously? I miss the days when you could come on Slap and people would actually be talking about the tricks in the video instead of just trying to fucking dunk on the riders instagrams and shit talk the team managers

Maybe people will talk about the video once we can see it on thrasher in a few days. Until then, let the shit talking continue.

Tracersbrother

« Reply #168 on: February 16, 2020, 12:08:34 PM »

Focus your account brah

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #169 on: February 16, 2020, 12:37:47 PM »
a fs half cab flip fs noseslide down a hubba. I was also coincidentally sitting behind manchild and his crew and completely forgot Dickson kickflips that bump to wall he tried to get for The Flare. They didn’t cheer.
Damn that sucks for Manchild. He could have made that if he didn't bail this attempt, it was perfectly under his feet. https://youtu.be/8fgwby2XRgw?t=639

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #170 on: February 16, 2020, 03:26:08 PM »
Expand Quote
a fs half cab flip fs noseslide down a hubba. I was also coincidentally sitting behind manchild and his crew and completely forgot Dickson kickflips that bump to wall he tried to get for The Flare. They didn’t cheer.
[close]
Damn that sucks for Manchild. He could have made that if he didn't bail this attempt, it was perfectly under his feet. https://youtu.be/8fgwby2XRgw?t=639

this thing is huge and has no 'real' bump to speak of. even ollie over it is insane.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #171 on: February 16, 2020, 09:53:50 PM »
Expand Quote
a fs half cab flip fs noseslide down a hubba.
I was also coincidentally sitting behind manchild and his crew and completely forgot Dickson kickflips that bump to wall he tried to get for The Flare. They didn’t cheer.
[close]

All of this sounds awesome.

We have a Deathwish board with all the DW riders *then
signature on it at the local shop here. It’d be sweet to have the Dickson pro model up on the shelf next to that.

Isn’t Jon from Midwest? Illinois somewhere or something? Was he RQ board ranch team?

I like the cool no nonsense hammer skating these guys do a good job of carrying on with the progression of quite well.
Jon is from Antioch, IL so yeah he's from the Midwest which is also one of the reasons we went with Wolverine's pig suede for the burgundy colorway of The Dickson with the Midwest connection.

I actually think Jon is dope and Dakota never bothered me. Admittedly, I've never had a "holy shit, this guy goes" moment with Mr. Servold. Who knows, this could be the part that converts me. I'm just psyched on a new Emerica video in general, though.
Glad you're stoked, I hope you like it. I think this is Dakota's best part yet. He filmed about 10+ minutes of footage in the last year for it and is looking the best he ever has. This is basically Dakota's first ever non Tum Yeto part and Miner did an excellent job on Dakota's part which hopefully opens up a new perspective for people.

Ghost Lurker

• Rep: 17
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2020, 11:26:06 AM »
https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/deadline-emerica-s-green/

Pumped to see the full edit, this teaser is up on Thrasher.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2020, 11:27:19 AM »
https://www.thrashermagazine.com/articles/videos/deadline-emerica-s-green/

Pumped to see the full edit, this teaser is up on Thrasher.

Siked! Jeremy Wray quality backside 180

sufferthejoy

« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2020, 11:36:43 AM »
I just can't imagine going that fast towards a bump to bar, especially for a backside 180. Dakota was going faster than some people do skating downhils

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2020, 12:45:58 PM »

brutal

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2020, 05:12:19 PM »
Damn brutal. Can’t wait for the full edit

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2020, 05:52:15 PM »
There are some interesting facial hair choices going on in that Thrasher preview.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2020, 05:57:41 PM »
There are some interesting facial hair choices going on in that Thrasher preview.
If Jon Miner and Jon Dickson combined their facial hair they'd look somewhat normal

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #179 on: February 20, 2020, 06:31:50 PM »
Miner looking rough