Author Topic: New Emerica video coming.  (Read 22421 times)

winecrab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: New Emerica video coming.
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2020, 06:05:15 PM »
I forgot to say great job on the filming EmericaTM! I love how the company sticks to its roots and doesn't follow trends.

Are the hard copies going to have b-sides and bonus footage or features? I loved the "deadline" feature and it would be great to see more behind the scenes stuff.

Also hard copies are obsolete, only people with a PS4 can watch them so I've been transferring all the videos I've bought on iTunes to cool looking individual usb drives and having them painted and laser engraved by a friend. I use minidv tape cases with a foam insert as the case for each and do the artwork and sometimes make little photo books. I also made an engraved leather case that holds them all. I already ordered a green flash drive to add this video along with deadline, the teaser, a photo slide show and the b-sides.

I'm still gonna buy a hard copy when they drop because I've bought every Emerica video the first day they came out and I like having the official dvd but have you ever thought about selling hard copies in a flash drive format? Every tv and laptop has a USB drive and you can get a usb otg adapter for $5 to use it on any phone or tablet and if companies added bonus features I think a lot of people would start buying hard copies again.

One last question: Is there gonna be a made chapter 3?Please get rid of Zach Allen and put Cole Wilson on.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2020, 06:55:42 PM »
I forgot to say great job on the filming EmericaTM! I love how the company sticks to its roots and doesn't follow trends.

Are the hard copies going to have b-sides and bonus footage or features? I loved the "deadline" feature and it would be great to see more behind the scenes stuff.

Also hard copies are obsolete, only people with a PS4 can watch them so I've been transferring all the videos I've bought on iTunes to cool looking individual usb drives and having them painted and laser engraved by a friend. I use minidv tape cases with a foam insert as the case for each and do the artwork and sometimes make little photo books. I also made an engraved leather case that holds them all. I already ordered a green flash drive to add this video along with deadline, the teaser, a photo slide show and the b-sides.

I'm still gonna buy a hard copy when they drop because I've bought every Emerica video the first day they came out and I like having the official dvd but have you ever thought about selling hard copies in a flash drive format? Every tv and laptop has a USB drive and you can get a usb otg adapter for $5 to use it on any phone or tablet and if companies added bonus features I think a lot of people would start buying hard copies again.

One last question: Is there gonna be a made chapter 3?Please get rid of Zach Allen and put Cole Wilson on.

hahaha fucking hell

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2020, 07:53:47 PM »
What was up with the THIS IS Emerica & THIS IS SKATEBOARDING. titles on Jon Dickson's last trick? Looked completely amateurish.
I liked the video but my friend told me that it shiowed those titles in the default font Adobe chooses when it can't find the font file on your computer. Aka the render got fucked up and nobody watched it before the final upload

winecrab

« Reply #213 on: February 22, 2020, 08:42:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hahaha fucking hell

I'm a huge DIY guy, I love making/customizing shit. I like staying busy so I'm always working on different projects. You don't think selling custom Emerica flash drives is better then making dvd's? 4k skate videos are gonna be the norm and then eventually 6-8k. You can't do that on dvd or VHS.

For those of us that still give a fuck about having a tangible version of the videos we love it's either gonna have to be an SD card or a flash drive and you can do a bunch of cool shit with flash drives. They could include a small Emerica logo shaped key chain  attached to Jon's new shoe or something.

ZERO OR DIE motherfucker.

SSBS1080CBBSNP

• Rep: 18
« Reply #214 on: February 22, 2020, 09:06:28 PM »
I liked the video a lot, don’t have any real font criticism either, and agree this is canon. The shoe itself could probably be summarized similarly. This is shoes.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #215 on: February 22, 2020, 09:48:37 PM »

Thanks Winecrab. Definitely challenging on filming the majority of the video by myself on top of working a 40 hour week at the office but I wouldn't change a thing because I love it so much. I've been filming way too long in my own way to change it up now and go with the new trendy filming this generation seems to love so much. I think most of want to see both the skater and the spot in the same frame and just think that looks best but that's just my opinion.

Wow that's really rad that you put so much time into your skate video collection. I like the flash drive idea but it's probably both easier and cheaper to rip it off YouTube where ripping it and burning it to DVD is a little bit more work.

There won't ever be a Made Chapter 3. That campaign is over and as everybody knows we don't have the same team from those videos and it's just time to move forward and not focus on the past. I'm taking this brand in a classic yet somewhat refreshing direction and hope this video helped show that as it was just the start. As I mentioned in the thread about Emerica being done in 2020, I have a lot of ideas for the brand and still have some tricks up my sleeve and we've only just begun.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #216 on: February 22, 2020, 10:29:39 PM »

I disagree, recently been upping my collection, copped a tube TV with VCR player built in and I got homies with DVD players, though I'm guilty of the PS4 tech. Was happy to see Heroin drop Earth Goblin on VHS, and I'm glad Emerica is doing DVD.

winecrab

« Reply #217 on: February 23, 2020, 12:51:22 AM »
Yeah, recently got rid of a tube tv (along with pretty much everything I own) with a built in vcr cuz I  need to pull a Reynolds and start living a minimalist lifestyle  I hate VX1000 footage unless it's on a tube tv so I got rid of all my skate videos. VX2100 footage looks a bit better. The othèr day I found Man Down and Baker summer tour 2001 which I think is kinda rare so if anyone wants it I'd be more than happy to mail it to you. 

Back on topic: Thanks for the suggestions,  I'm gonna go ahead and order a pair of Wino G6 slips. I might need to get a pair of footprint insoles though cuz muy feet are pretty fucked.

EmericaTM, , what's going on with Chris Wimmer. Do you know why Clint Walker never got fully on?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #218 on: February 23, 2020, 05:07:30 AM »
EmericqTM any comments about Dakota’s front blunt? We wanted additional angles! Trick is too gnarly.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #219 on: February 23, 2020, 05:21:11 AM »
Expand Quote
What was up with the THIS IS Emerica & THIS IS SKATEBOARDING. titles on Jon Dickson's last trick? Looked completely amateurish.
[close]
I liked the video but my friend told me that it shiowed those titles in the default font Adobe chooses when it can't find the font file on your computer. Aka the render got fucked up and nobody watched it before the final upload

oh shit yeah! I knew that font was familiar. (I am an editor) Must have brought the project onto another computer at the last minute that didn't have the font they used.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #220 on: February 23, 2020, 05:54:21 AM »
Yeah, recently got rid of a tube tv (along with pretty much everything I own) with a built in vcr cuz I  need to pull a Reynolds and start living a minimalist lifestyle  I hate VX1000 footage unless it's on a tube tv so I got rid of all my skate videos. VX2100 footage looks a bit better. The othèr day I found Man Down and Baker summer tour 2001 which I think is kinda rare so if anyone wants it I'd be more than happy to mail it to you. 

Back on topic: Thanks for the suggestions,  I'm gonna go ahead and order a pair of Wino G6 slips. I might need to get a pair of footprint insoles though cuz muy feet are pretty fucked.

EmericaTM, , what's going on with Chris Wimmer. Do you know why Clint Walker never got fully on?
I have no idea. That was years before my time there.

EmericqTM any comments about Dakota’s front blunt? We wanted additional angles! Trick is too gnarly.
Which one? I filmed the one in Long Beach and it was just me filming. In the photo that was posted on here it looks cool for sure cause the stairs which is a little decieving but for me personally, I like being able to see how fast he goes with that 4 foot or so gap in which you don't see from the bottom. If you're referring to the one in Texas, I wasn't there for that one. There were two angles which both have been floating around on the internet now. I can't speak much about it since I obviously didn't put the video together but it would have been rad to have another angle on the same side of the rail as the top angle but just down more closer towards the landing. Then again, there's no rules in skateboarding and/or filming so that's just my thought as a filmer.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

oh shit yeah! I knew that font was familiar. (I am an editor) Must have brought the project onto another computer at the last minute that didn't have the font they used.
Nope. I can't remember if I posted it in this thread or the other Emerica video thread but no one seems to realize that A. every video has said This Is Skateboarding and This Is Emerica at the end after TIS came out and B. it has said those things in that font in every video post Stay Gold.

Dr Dew

« Reply #221 on: February 23, 2020, 06:55:41 AM »
Um.. Maybe it’s just me, but I feel that cutting to a black screen/textured color screen with the text in a characterful and energetic typeface (animated handstyles in Stay Gold were ❤️❤️❤️) has a totally different visual and emotional effect than superimposing the text over the skate clip in the most ugly default text, before he even fully rolled away from the trick..

Great skating all around, but the titling/branding in this video seemed terrible and really amateur to me, normally not something I pay much attention to, but Emerica was that one brand that always came through with amazing graphic design, titling, and branding, and this video was a huge drop in quality on that front.

Whatevs, I’m probably in the minority feeling this way, and an asshole for being so critical after y’all just worked hard for so long on this project. Idk why this shit matters to me it just does lol

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #222 on: February 23, 2020, 09:11:11 AM »
Um.. Maybe it’s just me, but I feel that cutting to a black screen/textured color screen with the text in a characterful and energetic typeface (animated handstyles in Stay Gold were ❤️❤️❤️) has a totally different visual and emotional effect than superimposing the text over the skate clip in the most ugly default text, before he even fully rolled away from the trick..

Great skating all around, but the titling/branding in this video seemed terrible and really amateur to me, normally not something I pay much attention to, but Emerica was that one brand that always came through with amazing graphic design, titling, and branding, and this video was a huge drop in quality on that front.

Whatevs, I’m probably in the minority feeling this way, and an asshole for being so critical after y’all just worked hard for so long on this project. Idk why this shit matters to me it just does lol
Yeah, I think you might be a minority because It hit at home with me and a lot of people I know. It was just a simple way of saying that Emerica is 100% skateboarding. I’ve rewatched it a few times now and that Dickson part still gives me goosebumps. Song , part, and editing was really on point. Miner has had some shortfalls over the years but he hit this one out of the park. Loved it.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #223 on: February 23, 2020, 09:27:55 AM »

I wanna see pics of these
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Dr Dew

« Reply #224 on: February 23, 2020, 09:34:27 AM »
Yeah the thing is I can already tell it’s skateboarding by the fact that the whole video was of people skateboarding.

At this point in my life I feel like I care more about seeing the trick without distracting stuff, and less about some marketing slogan

fastlane

• Rep: -5
« Reply #225 on: February 23, 2020, 09:36:37 AM »
Did not like Made Chapter 2, hated the soundtrack, something about the whole thing being instrumental felt contrictive, it all seemed a bit too curated. Thought this was a massive return to form.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 09:42:30 AM by fastlane »

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #226 on: February 23, 2020, 10:49:26 AM »
Yeah the thing is I can already tell it’s skateboarding by the fact that the whole video was of people skateboarding.

At this point in my life I feel like I care more about seeing the trick without distracting stuff, and less about some marketing slogan
Theres no reason to say “at this point in my life”  It gives the idea that you’ve done some creative thinking and growing in your taste and we all know that isn’t true. Your complaint reads like a redneck yelp review.

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #227 on: February 23, 2020, 11:39:50 AM »
Did not like Made Chapter 2, hated the soundtrack, something about the whole thing being instrumental felt contrictive, it all seemed a bit too curated. Thought this was a massive return to form.

winecrab

« Reply #228 on: February 23, 2020, 11:52:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Jon Dicksons part was great though.

Dr Dew

« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2020, 12:12:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Theres no reason to say “at this point in my life”  It gives the idea that you’ve done some creative thinking and growing in your taste and we all know that isn’t true. Your complaint reads like a redneck yelp review.

Lol didn’t realize I came of that pretentious saying that. I was just trying to say that when I was younger I might have fallen for a marketing slogan over layed onto skate footage as being a cool addition to a vid, but now I’d kind of rather just see the skate footage without the distracting advertising added in on top of clips.

That being said, I feel like you’re projecting a bit with the “creative thinking and growing” comment. Doesn’t everyone progress over the years and their tastes and thoughts on things change and develop?

I am a real life kook though, so you’re probably not wrong

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2020, 12:58:22 PM »
I could barley even see the last trick because of the text!
Idiots.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 04:33:57 PM by bbk »

Dr Dew

« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2020, 03:06:26 PM »
Your gifs not loading on my phone (maybe too big a file?) but I rewatched the ending and yeah it wasn’t as bad as I was recalling it. They waited til after he left the frame. Still not hyped on that editing choice though sorry for nitpicking y’all I’m sure little to no people care

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2020, 06:20:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Lol didn’t realize I came of that pretentious saying that. I was just trying to say that when I was younger I might have fallen for a marketing slogan over layed onto skate footage as being a cool addition to a vid, but now I’d kind of rather just see the skate footage without the distracting advertising added in on top of clips.

That being said, I feel like you’re projecting a bit with the “creative thinking and growing” comment. Doesn’t everyone progress over the years and their tastes and thoughts on things change and develop?

I am a real life kook though, so you’re probably not wrong

Both of you can smoke my pubic hair

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2020, 06:22:30 PM »
I could barley even see the last trick because of the text!
Idiots.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #234 on: February 23, 2020, 06:57:05 PM »
I know the car wash is legendary for being crazy. But does anyone know how dicksons ender incline bank compares to the incline of the car wash? Like someone know the incline degrees or geometry or something. It doesn’t matter I’m just curious.

drcroc

« Reply #235 on: February 23, 2020, 07:08:07 PM »
I watched this today. Great vid. Makes me want to go skate

Dr Dew

« Reply #236 on: February 23, 2020, 07:13:27 PM »
I'm not saying it blocked me from seeing the trick, I'm saying it fucked with the vibes a bit for me, on the ender of the whole video

It would be like if Cheetahsheets was giving me the best head of my life, and just moments after i had finished pumping a hot load of dew down his throat my phone binged and i saw that my bank charged me for the overdraft fee. it didn't make the blow job any less good, but it still kind of did..

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2020, 07:15:11 PM »
I'm not saying it blocked me from seeing the trick, I'm saying it fucked with the vibes a bit for me, on the ender of the whole video

It would be like if Cheetahsheets was giving me the best head of my life, and just moments after i had finished pumping a hot load of dew down his throat my phone binged and i saw that my bank charged me for the overdraft fee. it didn't make the blow job any less good, but it still kind of did..

I snorted reading this.

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2020, 08:52:12 PM »

+1

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #239 on: February 24, 2020, 08:56:59 AM »

I’d love to have those videos, PM’d ya