Author Topic: Brad Staba horror stories  (Read 23623 times)

Agnarnomous

Re: Brad Staba horror stories
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2020, 04:58:10 AM »
Maybe I'm just not hip, or I'm uninformed or whatever. But I've always wondered who TF stabba was and why he is so intertwined in the industry. I've never heard anything about his skating, or his past, or anything else really for that matter. He's always just been some rando with industry connects in my eyes. I'll never be the guy to claim I know everything, and I love learning new shit especially about skateboarding. But it amazes me that after skating for damn near 20 years that I have no idea who this guy is, where TF he came from, and why he is still tolerated after seeming like such a fucking kook for so long. There has to be a reason for this.

Escape Hell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2020, 05:03:54 AM »
Maybe I'm just not hip, or I'm uninformed or whatever. But I've always wondered who TF stabba was and why he is so intertwined in the industry. I've never heard anything about his skating, or his past, or anything else really for that matter. He's always just been some rando with industry connects in my eyes. I'll never be the guy to claim I know everything, and I love learning new shit especially about skateboarding. But it amazes me that after skating for damn near 20 years that I have no idea who this guy is, where TF he came from, and why he is still tolerated after seeming like such a fucking kook for so long. There has to be a reason for this.
His part in Nervous Breakdown was good. Other than that... He’s a meme at this point. Good ol’ Tab Soda

Agnarnomous

« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2020, 05:32:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
His part in Nervous Breakdown was good. Other than that... He’s a meme at this point. Good ol’ Tab Soda

One good part in exchange for a lifetime in the industry? Damn, that's what's up lol.

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2020, 05:38:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

One good part in exchange for a lifetime in the industry? Damn, that's what's up lol.
i think he had a few parts, no?
he had a 411 part, the curtains in Nervous Breakdown and maybe another Foundation vid? Pig Wheels? he was best buddies with BA so that will open doors for you. wait, did he have a part on a Toy Machine vid?
Lady Fanny from Omaha

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2020, 05:40:59 AM »
Expand Quote
I was at the skatepark once and Brad Staba showed up in a pimped out black 97 ford taurus with pea green flames. He complimented my tits and said "get hungry on it girl" while handing me a roll of nickels. What a strange person i thought to myself while blasting a mondo kickflip better than most girls ever dream of. He seemed like he is from long island
[close]
FPOTY!!!
finally some strong female representation on the boards. Yass Queen!
Nothing against you or yours but I hate "Yass Queen" All the gay people I used to hang around used to scream that and now that shit annoys me. Nothing against you though. I'm just a grumpy fuck.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2020, 07:29:59 AM »
I was at the skatepark once and Brad Staba showed up in a pimped out black 97 ford taurus with pea green flames. He complimented my tits and said "get hungry on it girl" while handing me a roll of nickels. What a strange person i thought to myself while blasting a mondo kickflip better than most girls ever dream of. He seemed like he is from long island

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #126 on: January 31, 2020, 07:34:26 AM »
There’s a long, mellow square handrail in Ohio that the locals call the Brad Staba rail. Apparently, he 5050d it with z roller trucks back in the day. The ones that have the giant roller wheel so you don’t really grind.

I think that story is pretty funny.

Gotta be on campus in Cleveland.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

SantaMonca

« Reply #127 on: January 31, 2020, 08:00:06 AM »

was it heath flick or more dylan technique?

ratscavage

• Rep: 2
« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2020, 12:18:21 PM »
Expand Quote
I think it's creepy that you can't spell his name without the word "stab". Or "rad". Or the word "bra". Also the soda brand "tab" is in there. If you rearrange the letters shared by his first and last name, you can get the band name "abba". All of that stuff adds up to one big horror story to me.
[close]

Mind... blown... someone tell Bobby Puleo! This has got to be a part of a larger sinister conspiracy.

Bobby Puleo... or do you mean, Bulb Bye Poo..?

Mongoloid

« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2020, 12:22:27 PM »
I always enjoyed his skate footage, and wish he just put out more.

I’m pretty sure the one time I met him at a demo he was wearing a jacket on a hot day. He was also one of the friendlier individuals on that particular Toy Machine tour.

Unrelated, but Elissa was the coolest.

biggietoms

• Rep: 8
  • take acid
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2020, 08:05:22 PM »
savier era staba was sick.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #131 on: August 29, 2020, 03:06:17 AM »
He had a few good clips in a TWS vid from memory. Maybe The Reason or Modus?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #132 on: August 29, 2020, 05:13:49 AM »
he had a nice frontside flip

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #133 on: August 29, 2020, 05:30:31 AM »
Pointed a gun at the cameraman for an episode of Cribs.

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #134 on: August 29, 2020, 06:12:13 PM »

His interview in transworld was a top 3 for me. I wore the same pants for a year bc of him.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2020, 06:45:46 PM »
Not that this helps but his pizza spot in Point Richmond is pretty decent. He even set it up with some cool Parra art, Iris Skateboard stools and other cool skate things. It's just too bad it's in the middle of no where.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2020, 06:48:24 PM »
i wonder why Tom K quit
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Jimmy The Saint

• Rep: 11
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2020, 10:39:36 PM »

But dude owns a pizza shop and is a huge enthusiast witch

Brad Staba a Warlock: confirmed. 
"Give it a name."

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 185
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2020, 10:50:56 PM »

he had a little guest part at the start of BA's modus part. Hits this insanely steep hubba with a kink on the end, fs tail to fakie i think...

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2020, 12:08:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he had a little guest part at the start of BA's modus part. Hits this insanely steep hubba with a kink on the end, fs tail to fakie i think...

Yep that's what I was thinking of
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Squidbeeksmuth

• Rep: -297
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2020, 12:13:08 AM »
Ahh man the Brad Staba and BA rumor that happened at a Slam City Jam after party in the early 2000s. After all these years I guess that shit was true, I helped troll and push that one for fun on the old TWS messageboards lolz
"get fucked, racist red pill incel scum" - Nice lil outrage bro, 4 more years

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -761
« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2020, 12:19:21 AM »
Ahh man the Brad Staba and BA rumor that happened at a Slam City Jam after party in the early 2000s. After all these years I guess that shit was true, I helped troll and push that one for fun on the old TWS messageboards lolz

What is it
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Squidbeeksmuth

• Rep: -297
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2020, 12:31:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What is it
It may have been done as a dare or a drunk joke but they were supposedly caught kissing/making out at a bar in Vancouver after the Slam event. This one could be far fetched but another time Jon West barged through the washroom door at some house party and inside there was Brad Staba and BA ass naked wearing nothing but studded belts wanking each other off.

And I mean no disrespect to gays it was just back then it was funny gossip
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 12:43:06 AM by Squidbeeksmuth »
"get fucked, racist red pill incel scum" - Nice lil outrage bro, 4 more years

ricky bobby

« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2020, 01:15:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What is it
[close]
It may have been done as a dare or a drunk joke but they were supposedly caught kissing/making out at a bar in Vancouver after the Slam event. This one could be far fetched but another time Jon West barged through the washroom door at some house party and inside there was Brad Staba and BA ass naked wearing nothing but studded belts wanking each other off.

Imagine not knowing either of these guys personally and thinking this was funny gossip. You're a kook

captaindoody

• Rep: -72
  • A turd for you
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2020, 06:29:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What is it
[close]

[close]
Imagine not knowing either of these guys personally and thinking this was funny gossip. You're a kook
I know right ? Can you imagine a message board where everyone talks about guys they don’t know personally and think it’s funny gossip? Crazy

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #145 on: August 31, 2020, 09:45:10 AM »

I got in trouble there all the time. This was during that period where 75% of the threads were about PJ Ladd. Believe it was dudes from Coliseum doing that.

Gbeerme

• Rep: -4
« Reply #146 on: August 31, 2020, 11:51:41 AM »
He had a ridiculous backside 360 kickflip(blizzard) off a kicker for a Savier ad. It was in a video as well, but I can't find it.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #147 on: August 31, 2020, 12:41:29 PM »
He kick my dog

"You're daughter she come over to my house, and she kick my dog!"

Tab Soda 150% confirmed, etched in Slap stone.

Hi Christine from New Jersey

Highonangeldust

• Rep: 623
« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2020, 12:45:10 AM »
Needle in the hay...

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180