Author Topic: SkateVideoSite Updates  (Read 15288 times)

Mike Oxwelling

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
Re: RIP SkateVideoSite
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2021, 01:06:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Hey peeps, I'm currently working on the rebuild. Sorry it's coming along slowly, I'm a software dev for my day job and I can only endure so much screen time :) BUT we are close to being "done" with the first phase of the transition.

The new site has all of the data up to 2020, next step is to import all of the 2021-2020 data.

I also have a private discord, I will open up to slap people soon in order to get more feedback/contribution.

Thanks for being patient and I'll have another update soon.

Cheers
[close]

Bless you

Second this.  Thank you! 

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2021, 01:11:01 PM »
Thank you for all you do! This is legit the most useful skateboarding site in history (yeah...that's right).
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2021, 02:34:58 PM »
Hey peeps, I'm currently working on the rebuild. Sorry it's coming along slowly, I'm a software dev for my day job and I can only endure so much screen time :) BUT we are close to being "done" with the first phase of the transition.

The new site has all of the data up to 2020, next step is to import all of the 2021-2020 data.

I also have a private discord, I will open up to slap people soon in order to get more feedback/contribution.

Cheers

Best shit i've read in months! I kinda enjoy working on this sorta stuff (contributing to discogs, etc) so very interested in that private discord!

Thank you for your efforts and no rush!

wil540

• Rep: -13
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2021, 05:36:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Cheers
[close]

Bless you
[close]

Second this.  Thank you!

Third this! We and many others are rooting for you, so let us know if can help in any way. Thank you again.

backone

• Rep: 8
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2021, 04:10:41 AM »

Cheers

Praise be

Rumpelnoskin

• Rep: 77
    • SkateVideoSite avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2021, 08:25:33 PM »

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2021, 09:40:34 PM »
thank you for your time and effort - skatevideosite is all time!
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Brguy

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2021, 10:21:59 PM »
Song search is back, fuck yeah.

edssexTOY

• Rep: 21
« Reply #68 on: October 14, 2021, 05:14:10 PM »

Cheers

Stumbled upon the updates today. Had no idea it was coming back to life. So sick. THANK YOU!!!!!

"The next time I see those fucking French dudes Vivien is dead!"

edssexTOY

• Rep: 21
« Reply #69 on: October 14, 2021, 05:30:37 PM »
https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2021/08/16/meet-minds-behind-skatevideosite/

sounds like something new is in the works?

Also just saw this for the first time. Not sure how I missed it. Great article!

"The next time I see those fucking French dudes Vivien is dead!"

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #70 on: October 15, 2021, 01:41:41 AM »
Awesome

Huge thanks to the people working on it

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2021, 05:17:11 AM »
Are skatevideosite and skatevideo.site different things?
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

wil540

• Rep: -13
« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2021, 05:30:11 AM »

I'm interested in this question to. It seems like Skatevideosite.com is still adding new videos, I.E. Natural Koncept – Creepin’ in the City, that was just released; however, it is not searchable by rider. Meanwhile, Skatevideo.site is searchable, but does not have the new content.

What's going on here?

Rumpelnoskin

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: October 15, 2021, 08:03:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm interested in this question to. It seems like Skatevideosite.com is still adding new videos, I.E. Natural Koncept – Creepin’ in the City, that was just released; however, it is not searchable by rider. Meanwhile, Skatevideo.site is searchable, but does not have the new content.

What's going on here?

Hey, skatevideo.site dev here, sorry if there is confusion between the sites. I'm working with the original site folks to make this new site. I still chat with them regularly.

Basically
- skatevideo.site is the new site that is under active development
- it has all of the data from skatevideosite.com up until January 2020
- I'm currently trying to import the rest of the data from January 2020-Today into the new site (the data format change so I'm having to do some custom data parsing and some manually cleaning)
- Updated data should arrive within the next week or two
- I'm also building out a few management tools for creating/editing skaters/videos/songs etc, once those are done we will likely switch over and start adding new videos to the new site and officially switch

I'm adding periodic updates here: https://skatevideo.site/updates

cheers

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2021, 04:52:18 PM »
Legend, doing gods work. Should team up with nbd_archive and make every trick and spot searchable too. Gotta be pretty easy lol.

Is it sortable by date?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2021, 06:07:57 PM »
Thank you. This is the best skateboarding website to ever exist.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Rumpelnoskin

« Reply #76 on: October 20, 2021, 08:18:22 AM »
Legend, doing gods work. Should team up with nbd_archive and make every trick and spot searchable too. Gotta be pretty easy lol.

Is it sortable by date?

That would be dope! Do you have a link to nbd_archive?

> Is it sortable by date?
Eventually you will be able to sort by all of the dimensions, date, year, company, etc

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #77 on: October 20, 2021, 08:23:27 AM »
Would be dope is we could get a name change on this thread now that we know the sites alive and thriving…

Much respect for all the hard work you’ve put into the site and continuance of updates.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
Re: SkateVideoSite updates
« Reply #78 on: October 20, 2021, 08:33:20 AM »
Would be dope is we could get a name change on this thread now that we know the sites alive and thriving…

Much respect for all the hard work you’ve put into the site and continuance of updates.

Fixed the title, forgot i was OP.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2021, 03:49:06 AM »
Expand Quote

Is it sortable by date?
[close]

That would be dope! Do you have a link to nbd_archive?

> Is it sortable by date?
Eventually you will be able to sort by all of the dimensions, date, year, company, etc

https://www.instagram.com/nbd_archive/

Dude logs the first time tricks are done on video.  Maybe there's something you could do together, i've always wished his stuff wasn't locked into an insta profile and was loggable and searchable.

Rumpelnoskin

Re: SkateVideoSite Updates
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2021, 06:05:36 PM »
Just posted a new update: https://skatevideo.site/updates

Still making incremental improvements, trying to get the admin tooling in a good state so we can eventually switch over fully to our new site.

Also making search even better is a top priority.

Let me know if y'all have any feedback for other comments.

Cheers

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2021, 05:38:47 PM »
@Rumpelnoskin , it's a great start. just having the stuff public facing again is a huge achievement. Thank you!

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2021, 09:01:44 PM »
Great work.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2021, 04:42:22 PM »
Just posted a new update: https://skatevideo.site/updates

Still making incremental improvements, trying to get the admin tooling in a good state so we can eventually switch over fully to our new site.

Also making search even better is a top priority.

Let me know if y'all have any feedback for other comments.

Cheers

big thank you <3

Rumpelnoskin

« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2022, 06:55:07 PM »
Just posted the 1/16/22 update.

https://skatevideo.site/updates

Cheers

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2022, 02:58:51 AM »
Suggestion - All the video cover thumbnails are absolutely tiny, same as on the old site. I'm guessing they're not all uploaded at this size and just displaying in thumbnail size. It'd be great if the larger versions were viewable somehow.
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Rumpelnoskin

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2022, 07:07:47 AM »
Suggestion - All the video cover thumbnails are absolutely tiny, same as on the old site. I'm guessing they're not all uploaded at this size and just displaying in thumbnail size. It'd be great if the larger versions were viewable somehow.

Yeah unfortunately a lot of the larger images on those older videos were lost in one of the hacking instances of the original site. When I took over development of the site I had asked the same.

Here's an old convo between me and the o.g. site owner

We used to have a large collection of high res DVD covers of many of the videos but sadly when the site got hacked and everything was deleted that was the only part that I didn't have in backups.  Well I found 75 of them on a usb drive but I don't know if they're worth processing.
Many of the oldest covers are bad quality because they were auto resized back in the day and I don't have the originals
anymore.

With that said, if anyone has access to higher res images please reach out and let me know! I would love to swap out the low res versions.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2022, 03:05:46 AM »
Ahh that's a shame. I started making a Plex library of skate videos and have about 400 so far all with covers. Happy to send them over if you let me know how

Rumpelnoskin

« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2022, 05:19:42 PM »
Ahh that's a shame. I started making a Plex library of skate videos and have about 400 so far all with covers. Happy to send them over if you let me know how

Oh damn! That would be amazing if you could share the images, we would definitely use them.

If you could send me a DM I can give you a link to a Google Drive folder for upload, would that work?

Rumpelnoskin

« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2022, 10:24:10 AM »
Just posted a new update, it's a fun one! Hope y'all enjoy.

https://skatevideo.site/updates