Author Topic: "Last Resort AB" Pontus Alv on making skate shoes  (Read 55128 times)

squintharder

Re: "Last Resort AB" Pontus Alv on making (skate?) shoes
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2020, 06:40:04 AM »
I doubt they're gonna be skate shoes. There's just no more room in the market and it SEEMS like he's smarter than that

honey island

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2020, 06:54:44 AM »
pontus, just remember to take a book to hide your erection when you're at various beaches in porto for 5 days a week for the rest of your life

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2020, 07:05:52 AM »
Cut my life into pieces...

V.I. Lenin

• Rep: -12
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2020, 07:08:34 AM »
Seems weird. I heard that nike(converse) give him 100k to start polar. I still love pontus so might buy pair.

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2020, 07:18:51 AM »
Sorry not sorry but pontus can get fucked and not in the fun way. Unless that shoe lasts me at least half a year with full function ability then im not spending $200..i spent $100 on a pair of reissue lynx and thats where i cut it.  Still dont have a hole in them either.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2020, 07:20:20 AM »
Ugh, looks like one of those Globe/dvs shoes they sell in sporting goods stores.

Still Tippin

• Rep: -33
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2020, 07:38:35 AM »
Cut my life into pieces...
beat me to it!

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2020, 07:38:58 AM »
Good design
Made in Portugal
Good materials

They aren't expensive for "designer" sneakers. I wouldn't skate them.

The J's on my feet cost the same as these. Might as well give that fancy shoe money to Pontus for more ethically made, better quality kicks.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2020, 07:53:38 AM »
Looks like those goodfellow shoes they sell in Target for $20.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 08:01:36 AM by CrimsonGhost »
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2020, 08:03:39 AM »
Holy fuck you guy's are dense! These are not skate shoes, the skate shoe is not out yet. I understood that before Pontus story, but you still don't get it, with picture evidence? Jesus...

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2020, 08:14:47 AM »
Yes, this is expensive for most of us here. Too expensive for me unfortunately...

But the shoes are made in Portugal, and as you already know is more expensive than China and probably more responsible in terms of ethics.

When I started skateboarding in 2001 I begged my dad to buy me a pair skateshoes (can’t remember the brand, but China made for sure) but it was like 110 euros ! Didn’t get them anyway haha.

I’m not sure to understand his story, he said « the skate shoe will be under 100 » so there will be a more skate-oriented shoe ?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2020, 08:24:01 AM »
Only skate in Rone footwear myself

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2020, 08:34:29 AM »
I'll wait and see what the skatable version looks like. Highly doubt they will have a sz 13 or 14 though.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2202
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2020, 09:11:41 AM »
I just posted about this in the Upcoming Shoes thread but here's what I've figured out about it. Not because I have insider knowledge, just because it's not that hard if you just click on a couple instagram accounts. (Most of it has been mentioned here already.)

This was already a project named 3-3-20 by this guy @sami_sthlm that has existed since October 2018. Seems like Pontus is a part of it now and they're moving in a skate direction. The shoes and prices that are currently on the website are not meant specifically to be skate shoes but they are skateable. As Pontus said in that post, there is a skateable shoe coming out that will be under $100.

In the last two days or so they changed the name of the instagram account from @3320_manifesto or something to @lastresortab and deleted all the posts to start new.

I'm stoked to watch this develop.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2020, 09:22:25 AM »
Sorry not sorry but pontus can get fucked and not in the fun way. Unless that shoe lasts me at least half a year with full function ability then im not spending $200..i spent $100 on a pair of reissue lynx and thats where i cut it.  Still dont have a hole in them either.
If you actually looked at the thread before posting you’d see there will be a skate shoe sold for less than your lynx reissue.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2020, 09:27:54 AM »
this is the skate version of common projects.

agree or disagree
good come sausage

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2020, 09:38:43 AM »
this is the skate version of common projects.

agree or disagree

similar to rone as ok boomer noted above, clae too i guess. with lifestyle shoe brands if it hits you can make serious bread, so maybe was worth it for pontus to take a shot

curious what the silhouette of the skate shoe will be
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 09:42:38 AM by huggs »

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2020, 10:00:55 AM »
Just get Reebok Revenge shoe for $40. Same basic design

always wondered why rickk never used this template for a pro shoe

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2020, 10:14:43 AM »
I just posted about this in the Upcoming Shoes thread but here's what I've figured out about it. Not because I have insider knowledge, just because it's not that hard if you just click on a couple instagram accounts. (Most of it has been mentioned here already.)

This was already a project named 3-3-20 by this guy @sami_sthlm that has existed since October 2018. Seems like Pontus is a part of it now and they're moving in a skate direction. The shoes and prices that are currently on the website are not meant specifically to be skate shoes but they are skateable. As Pontus said in that post, there is a skateable shoe coming out that will be under $100.

In the last two days or so they changed the name of the instagram account from @3320_manifesto or something to @lastresortab and deleted all the posts to start new.

Glad someone has a funcional brain over here!

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

Torvox

• Rep: 0
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2020, 10:51:21 AM »
Get it while is hot,polar clothes are  trendy   outside the skate shithole...impressed took this long to capitalize on the fashion fuccbois  that dont skate.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 10:52:59 AM by Torvox »

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 156
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2020, 11:51:12 AM »

Like I wrote before in the thread. Been following the brand since Sami released the shoes a while back. Been cool to see it form into an actual product - Sami is a cool Guy. A lot nicer then Pontus. The 3-3-20 are not skateshoes, but designer with inspiration from Classic skateshoes.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2020, 12:16:05 PM »
Amazing that this thread's hit two full pages and there's only a handful of dudes with brains in here.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2020, 12:44:36 PM »
Rip cans/vons :'(

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2020, 12:47:40 PM »
Amazing that this website is over a decade old and there's only a handful of dudes with brains in here.

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2020, 01:23:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Amazing that this thread's hit two full pages and there's only a handful of dudes with brains in here.
[close]

heckler on high IQ big brain confirmed

this is some lame as hell, unoriginal, and overpriced fashion shit that doesn't even look good. and you are surprised it gets hated on when posted in a skateboarding forum? lmao

also im calling bullshit on it being made from high quality materials. literally no proof of that or reason to believe it

skaters trying to start businesses should stick to t shirt, hoodie, hat, and board companies. you know, stuff where you can just buy blanks and through a ripped off graphic onto.

maybe leave the difficult stuff like designing and manufacturing shoes to companies that actually have some expertise in that area

So you didn't read the thread?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2020, 01:39:29 PM »
I just want it to take fucking Golden Goose down. For all I know those guys are a fraud and they're tackling the exact same market. Would be satisfying to see Pontus win this.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2020, 01:51:02 PM »

good for you  8)
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2020, 02:17:41 PM »
I have spent a shitload of money on shoes in my lifetime. Prolly had 500 pair if I’m being realistic with myself(I know it sounds insane but it’s real). I personally would never drop over $230 for a shoe unless it something I would literally be foaming at the mouth to buy. In my case that’s rare Lebrons and Jordan’s, and also Cole Haan when they were owned by the swoosh. I’ve honestly been thinking about getting some red bottoms as of late just because I’ve always wanted some legit non-sneaker prada. What I’m getting at is there is no way in fucking hell I would pay $208 for those fucking shoes, no way in hell.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2020, 02:20:11 PM »
Balenciaga Triple S or fukkaouttahere

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2020, 02:24:05 PM »
The orange and midnight blue are pretty fresh.  $200 isn’t outrageous if they’re truly well made out of premium materials.  They’re obviously not trying to cater to dudes who’ve been skating Etnies Maranas, and they’re not stupid because they will def sell.