Author Topic: "Last Resort AB" Pontus Alv on making skate shoes  (Read 55087 times)

Mr.Jenkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 156
Re: "Last Resort AB" Pontus Alv on making (skate?) shoes
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2020, 01:45:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So the brand was called 3-3-20 for two years and now they are a skate shoe company called Last Resort AB starting on 3-3-20? Is that coincidence or what? What was Pontus' connection to the company previously? It's supposedly skater owned now so does that mean the old company was as well or did Pontus take over? What the hell does the AB stand for? I have so many questions.
[close]

Sami who started it is an OG sthlm skater. Rode for Vans back in the days, probably something more but that is what I remember. Sweden is kinda small, and all the older heads from Malmö, Gothenburg, and Stockholm basically all know each other or have meet each other on many occasions.

And comparing this to Jordans etc, is really missing the point. As pointed out, In Europe the clean high.end silhouettes sell really well. Mind that shoes in general is more expensive here as well. I just bought a par of Veja V10´s for 150$, and that is a large upscale company. I Used to buy Acne sneakers, around 210$, before they reaised the price to 300. This is a one man operation basically, small scale shoes made in Portugal with pretty exclusive materials. Ive been itching to see them live and probably buy a pair to support. That was before Pontus jumping on though.
[close]

Would that decrease the hype for you? I saw someone being bummed on Pontus earlier in this thread - did I miss something? Does Slap not love him anymore? What did he do?

Well Pontus is not exactly especially friendly, and is quite known for that. As for me.. I rode for the largest skateshop in Sweden, the OG team with EJP and Björn who is owner of Sour. Pontus got in the team - he had one condition though. Kick me of the team. Bear in mind I always been nice to him, never had any beef or so, so not sure why. He rode quite short on the team, had a beef with the owner and left. As you might understand, dudes not my cup of Tea..

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2020, 03:24:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So the brand was called 3-3-20 for two years and now they are a skate shoe company called Last Resort AB starting on 3-3-20? Is that coincidence or what? What was Pontus' connection to the company previously? It's supposedly skater owned now so does that mean the old company was as well or did Pontus take over? What the hell does the AB stand for? I have so many questions.
[close]

Sami who started it is an OG sthlm skater. Rode for Vans back in the days, probably something more but that is what I remember. Sweden is kinda small, and all the older heads from Malmö, Gothenburg, and Stockholm basically all know each other or have meet each other on many occasions.

And comparing this to Jordans etc, is really missing the point. As pointed out, In Europe the clean high.end silhouettes sell really well. Mind that shoes in general is more expensive here as well. I just bought a par of Veja V10´s for 150$, and that is a large upscale company. I Used to buy Acne sneakers, around 210$, before they reaised the price to 300. This is a one man operation basically, small scale shoes made in Portugal with pretty exclusive materials. Ive been itching to see them live and probably buy a pair to support. That was before Pontus jumping on though.
[close]

Would that decrease the hype for you? I saw someone being bummed on Pontus earlier in this thread - did I miss something? Does Slap not love him anymore? What did he do?
[close]

Well Pontus is not exactly especially friendly, and is quite known for that. As for me.. I rode for the largest skateshop in Sweden, the OG team with EJP and Björn who is owner of Sour. Pontus got in the team - he had one condition though. Kick me of the team. Bear in mind I always been nice to him, never had any beef or so, so not sure why. He rode quite short on the team, had a beef with the owner and left. As you might understand, dudes not my cup of Tea..

I see, but that seems more personal than anything but definitely a bummer.. What shop was it? Junkyard? I also wonder why dudes on here who might not have met him writes shit about him

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2020, 01:59:05 AM »
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2020, 03:13:50 AM »
The sole is a jab on Cons?

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2020, 04:01:22 AM »
actually, im kind of stoked. for starters, i think its tight that he is trying a big shoe company on its own out of europe and I would not have thought anybody (with his possible impact, as polar and pontus is huge in europe) trying to compete with the big 3 (4) corporations.

we'll see!

flat shapes is blasphemy

« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2020, 04:12:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I see, but that seems more personal than anything but definitely a bummer.. What shop was it? Junkyard? I also wonder why dudes on here who might not have met him writes shit about him

Growing up skating in Malmö i hated skating the same park as Pontus, he snakes people, charges full speed with no respect for anyone else, screaming at the top of his lungs at kids(kids, not teenagers) etc.. Cant deny his skating and legacy tho he has done alot for the swedish skate scene but hes a bit of a dick.

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 156
« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2020, 04:40:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Junkyard yes. And of course its personal. Buy its also a general opinion of any one whos been around him.

Here is a classic Pontus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTJO5y9KpWk

The clip is an old skatecompetition in the old skatepark where im from- superfun event, bit unorganized, people a bit drunk but an amazing fun time and people loved it. They do a interview with an OG skater, Magnus, who is going of how great it was, and it doesnt need to be superorganized, and everyone is pumped etc. then simultaneously they interview Pontus, who is complaining about everything, how bad it was organized, bad judges etc. Im the guy winning the senior. Björn getting 3rd in juniors is the guy running Sour. Ali is in it in when he was into Penny as well :)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 04:48:14 AM by Mr.Jenkins »

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2020, 05:01:57 AM »
I like how he complains about the skate shoe industry after years of taking money from cons and doing collabs with nike.

Agnarnomous

« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2020, 05:26:50 AM »
I like how he complains about the skate shoe industry after years of taking money from cons and doing collabs with nike.

Was thinking the same thing. Cons and Nike collabs funded this shit. But then you get into the whole "selling out" argument. It's a hard line to draw. Sometimes you need help from people you don't agree with to make shit happen. I'm really torn on the whole big shoe companies in skateboarding issue. I don't like them personally, but they do give a lot of people the ability to make a living off skateboarding that wouldn't have otherwise. It's a tough one. I'm trying to stay away from the big companies as long as possible.

Roald Dahnkle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2020, 06:17:22 AM »
If you look at the image on the side of the shoe box and the pile of shoes, it looks like the skate shoe is gonna look just like this without the V....

« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 08:14:23 AM by Roald Dahnkle »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2020, 06:30:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Was thinking the same thing. Cons and Nike collabs funded this shit. But then you get into the whole "selling out" argument. It's a hard line to draw. Sometimes you need help from people you don't agree with to make shit happen. I'm really torn on the whole big shoe companies in skateboarding issue. I don't like them personally, but they do give a lot of people the ability to make a living off skateboarding that wouldn't have otherwise. It's a tough one. I'm trying to stay away from the big companies as long as possible.

Honestly, I can't recall Pontus ever being shy regarding his Robin Hood intentions. He's always been pretty vocal about his stance on big corporations in skateboarding and its overall direction in general. Polar got back to being run independently again months, if not one or two years before people even realized Pontus was off Cons (and Carhartt) because the image of his affiliation was so strong. But no one not new to skating around the time Polar came about should have reasonably thought the dude was actually into those deals for anything but resources to invest back.

Agnarnomous

« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2020, 07:18:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Honestly, I can't recall Pontus ever being shy regarding his Robin Hood intentions. He's always been pretty vocal about his stance on big corporations in skateboarding and its overall direction in general. Polar got back to being run independently again months, if not one or two years before people even realized Pontus was off Cons (and Carhartt) because the image of his affiliation was so strong. But no one not new to skating around the time Polar came about should have reasonably thought the dude was actually into those deals for anything but resources to invest back.

That's what's up, good to know. Can't really hate on a guy for taking advantage of the big dudes to do some grassroots shit.

Krill

« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2020, 07:47:03 AM »
Hey in case anyone is wondering about the story behind the 3-3-20 brand, here's an article:

The Inside Story of Street-Inspired Footwear Brand 3-3-20
Just a random number or signs of the Illuminati? Interview with 3-3-20 footwear mastermind Sami Tolppi.

https://illpaper.com/sneaker-footwear-brand-3-3-20/

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2020, 07:49:12 AM »
I hope he is going to push on that "ethical" argument and make a decent vegan skate shoe.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2020, 07:57:45 AM »
Clea footwear 2.0

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2020, 07:58:36 AM »
imagine pontus too busy coming up with shoe designs sitting in the attic of his porto mansion to attend his own eyes wide shut themed orgy happening downstairs

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2020, 07:59:31 AM »
I really hope they something similar to this cupsole.

Really clean model. If I wasn't on a shopping hiatus I would snag some of these to chill in.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:24:02 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #108 on: January 30, 2020, 08:02:50 AM »
As for if it’s a skate shoe brand or not... product description just says:
The functionality and purpose of the shoe is determined by the end user and context. Re-interpretation is highly encouraged and at the core of our design philosophy.
Lol what. "ey are these shoes any good?" "that's totally up to you bro!"
If they're doing some decent priced skate shoes then I'm down with them making fancy shit to sell to upriver types to keep them going. Will be interesting to see
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2020, 08:30:15 AM »
Expand Quote
The orange and midnight blue are pretty fresh.  $200 isn’t outrageous if they’re truly well made out of premium materials.  They’re obviously not trying to cater to dudes who’ve been skating Etnies Maranas, and they’re not stupid because they will def sell.
[close]

The fully lined cow leather is definitely fresh I’ll say that, but like personally it looks too basic to warrant that money regardless of the material. If I’m spending good money on shoes outside of boots and dress shoes then I want them to be fucking out there to a degree. No one wants something that basic looking for $200, I’m sorry. Why do you think a lot of dunks do so good, and they aren’t even close to that expensive before resale. I’m not even talking about skating.

If we are talking about skating, Vans wins J Scott handsdown, and it’s not even fucking close, like not even fucking close. There Vulc sole is the best bar none although it kills your feet to barge a city day long and skate impact, and their new tech for cupsole is definitely as good as anything on the market, plus if you go to their outlets you can buy a shitload for cheap af, and I don’t know about u guys but I fucking destroy skate shoes quick af. So why spend like $100 plus on some dunks or adidas, when you can snag like 3 pairs of quality ass vans for the same price. Not saying I don’t own adidas and Nike skate shoes for fashion, but I don’t skate in them shits. Now if you’re gettin them for free that’s a whole other story, but I’m just sayin for those who pay for there shoes it’s a no brainer imo.

I feel like you have a very narrow view of what people are willing to pay for designer sneakers and what they want them to look like based only on your preferences. As many people said, there are a lot of people willing to pay a lot for basic sneakers designed by big brands.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 355
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2020, 08:44:00 AM »
On the one hand, I get it and we have all skated around this type of person, but also “Pontus snaked me in 1994 and was a loud teenager” is maybe the most diaper baby bullshit I’ve read on here in a long time.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2020, 08:55:51 AM »
Pussys butthurt cause he is an ass..who cares . Wearing Nike shoes who knows what kind of people are involved in those etc. Don’t buy them .end of story. If he doesn’t make hi top I’m not buying as well mayne

$¥@\oM

9/11 was a national tragedy

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2020, 08:56:24 AM »
imagine pontus too busy coming up with shoe designs sitting in the attic of his porto mansion to attend his own eyes wide shut themed orgy happening downstairs

if an orgy is eyes wide shut themed, does that just make it an eyes wide shut orgy or is still considered a themed orgy?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2020, 08:59:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Why are so many people upset about this company being created? First of all, it has been mentioned several times that a 100$ shoe will be released, which isn't outrageous by any means if it's a quality shoe made in Europe. Anyone who has been buying dunks or other 100$ skate shoes lately will probably back me up when I say that you sure as fuck aren't getting what you pay for quality wise - that leather and suede is fucking trash.

This company looks to be marketed towards dudes in their late 20's++, who skate or are into skating and that are willing to pay extra for fair working conditions, sustainability responsibility and quality materials. Maybe they're not for going through 3 pairs a month - maybe they're for using everyday and cruising the streets and skating a little after work, that's how my old ass uses shoes now so this surely caught my interest.

Can't wait to see how this unfolds, I haven't had a skate focused shoe with nice materials since that first run of HUF shoes came out. Damn that suede was butter.
[close]

Fucking thank you. Jesus. I was losing my mind reading some of the hate/‘just buy a $40 Reebok’.
I would absolutely like to pay a bit more, for something that’s created in a kinder environment, and is (hopefully) better made.

Depends what you mean homie. I completely agree with you if we are talking straight fashion. I spend absurd amounts of money on shoes and clothes because I make good money and don’t like buying cars and don’t like the mobility of owning a house. Like I’m not saying shit in that fucking regards go spend your money to look however you feel, I would never say that. I’m just saying personally as a sneaker collector I’m not ever gonna spend my money on a $200 pair of GENERIC ass looking shoes like that. It’s your money, go spend it how you fucking please.

In regards to skating though are you fucking kidding me? I don’t know about y’all but I go through a pair of shoes in 20 sessions maximum, usually the soles start falling thru the bottom of the shoes. Why the fuck would I even want to pay $100 for a shoe then? Like i spend $170-$200 on shoes I plan to keep for years, so like why spend half that money if it lasts me less then a fucking month. Like I have money to spend on shoes, but that’s kind of s worthless as investment even if the shoes look better then others. Over here in the United States you can grab a pair of vans from an outlet mall for like $25-$30 for a classic silhouette like the high top, slip on, era, etc. and $40 for a pro shoe. Now obviously that shafts over the shops because I know they can’t sell Vans that cheaply or shoes that cheap in general to make a buck which sucks. This is why I think it’s funny y’all fuckers talking shit on Nike and Adidas. In America unless you buy shit online you can’t buy adidas skate shoes and Nike skate shoes outside of core shops, which drives there business. This is why I buy fashion skate shoes from shops to help them out, but buy cheap vans from the outlets to actually skate in. You can talk shit all you want, but the ethics of it are more complex then some of y’all want to make it out to be.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2020, 09:07:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Why are so many people upset about this company being created? First of all, it has been mentioned several times that a 100$ shoe will be released, which isn't outrageous by any means if it's a quality shoe made in Europe. Anyone who has been buying dunks or other 100$ skate shoes lately will probably back me up when I say that you sure as fuck aren't getting what you pay for quality wise - that leather and suede is fucking trash.

This company looks to be marketed towards dudes in their late 20's++, who skate or are into skating and that are willing to pay extra for fair working conditions, sustainability responsibility and quality materials. Maybe they're not for going through 3 pairs a month - maybe they're for using everyday and cruising the streets and skating a little after work, that's how my old ass uses shoes now so this surely caught my interest.

Can't wait to see how this unfolds, I haven't had a skate focused shoe with nice materials since that first run of HUF shoes came out. Damn that suede was butter.
[close]

Fucking thank you. Jesus. I was losing my mind reading some of the hate/‘just buy a $40 Reebok’.
I would absolutely like to pay a bit more, for something that’s created in a kinder environment, and is (hopefully) better made.
[close]

Depends what you mean homie. I completely agree with you if we are talking straight fashion. I spend absurd amounts of money on shoes and clothes because I make good money and don’t like buying cars and don’t like the mobility of owning a house. Like I’m not saying shit in that fucking regards go spend your money to look however you feel, I would never say that. I’m just saying personally as a sneaker collector I’m not ever gonna spend my money on a $200 pair of GENERIC ass looking shoes like that. It’s your money, go spend it how you fucking please.

In regards to skating though are you fucking kidding me? I don’t know about y’all but I go through a pair of shoes in 20 sessions maximum, usually the soles start falling thru the bottom of the shoes. Why the fuck would I even want to pay $100 for a shoe then? Like i spend $170-$200 on shoes I plan to keep for years, so like why spend half that money if it lasts me less then a fucking month. Like I have money to spend on shoes, but that’s kind of s worthless as investment even if the shoes look better then others. Over here in the United States you can grab a pair of vans from an outlet mall for like $25-$30 for a classic silhouette like the high top, slip on, era, etc. and $40 for a pro shoe. Now obviously that shafts over the shops because I know they can’t sell Vans that cheaply or shoes that cheap in general to make a buck which sucks. This is why I think it’s funny y’all fuckers talking shit on Nike and Adidas. In America unless you buy shit online you can’t buy adidas skate shoes and Nike skate shoes outside of core shops, which drives there business. This is why I buy fashion skate shoes from shops to help them out, but buy cheap vans from the outlets to actually skate in. You can talk shit all you want, but the ethics of it are more complex then some of y’all want to make it out to be.

he literally addressed that in the post you're replying to
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2020, 09:27:38 AM »
cheetah trying to make a post without performing autofallatio...

before ultimately failing.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2020, 09:45:10 AM »
cheetah trying to make a post without performing autofallatio...

before ultimately failing.

Thank you for this, it made my day brighter :)

Although please explain how I’m blowing myself, I wish I still could blow myself, I used to be able to when I was younger, i have good dick, and had flexible back. But after growing up and taking enough bails that back can’t handle it anymore.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

kid casserole

• Rep: 6
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2020, 09:45:22 AM »
Was the chorus of that second song repeating “sorry about your penis”?  That’s sick if it was

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2020, 10:00:15 AM »
Poontus is silly. The only polar board I ever had was an 8.5 on the nose and tapered to 8.2 on the tail. I bought it without thinking cause they were new at my local and no one noticed the taper until i gripped it. Needless to say I snapped it which is very rare and I didnt enjoy its lifespan all that much.

Beyond that, his artwork is contrived. The shoe logo is basically some cropped krooked eyes
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2020, 11:41:08 AM »
Not for your average Slap head in Dickies and Half Cabs but I can see the market for this. I know a dude who has all the Common Projects in all the colors and those are like $400, I think.

I'd rather buy Wallabees, some Gazelles to chill in, a pair of skate shoes, and a deck but whatever. Can't knock the hustle.

yeah people jizz for those condom projects shoes

these shoes be skate shoes for the distinguished gentleman
good come sausage