Author Topic: "Last Resort AB" Pontus Alv on making skate shoes  (Read 55130 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
Re: "Last Resort AB" Pontus Alv on making skate shoes
« Reply #420 on: September 26, 2020, 10:46:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Just bought the yellow colorway from Cowtown. If these skate and last anywhere near blazers I will fully back these. Would gladly pay 10 more bucks just to know who I’m supporting. Hopefully they skate well. Those pics look good I’m hyped.
[close]

Doesn’t Pontus have a sketchy rep?   People have been alluding to it for years on here

He's crazy but the right type of crazy in my opinion - the kind skateboarding needs to bring originality to the table. Super dedicated to his vision of skating and of what the ideal brand should be (which you have to be if you're going to start one, or several), which occasionally clashes with people, there are some funny stories but nothing extraordinarily indecent that I know of. Think Puleo with business sense, and socially harmless, who also used to film his dick. Also a phenomenal skateboarder in person.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #421 on: September 26, 2020, 11:07:23 AM »
I’ve heard sketchy Pontus rumors about him not being able to come back to the states.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #422 on: September 26, 2020, 01:08:27 PM »
I’ve heard sketchy Pontus rumors about him not being able to come back to the states.

Such as
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #423 on: September 26, 2020, 01:34:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just bought the yellow colorway from Cowtown. If these skate and last anywhere near blazers I will fully back these. Would gladly pay 10 more bucks just to know who I’m supporting. Hopefully they skate well. Those pics look good I’m hyped.
[close]

Doesn’t Pontus have a sketchy rep?   People have been alluding to it for years on here
[close]

He's crazy but the right type of crazy in my opinion - the kind skateboarding needs to bring originality to the table. Super dedicated to his vision of skating and of what the ideal brand should be (which you have to be if you're going to start one, or several), which occasionally clashes with people, there are some funny stories but nothing extraordinarily indecent that I know of. Think Puleo with business sense, and socially harmless, who also used to film his dick. Also a phenomenal skateboarder in person.

I remember being a younger teen and getting a copy of 'strongest of the strange', put that shit in only to see it opening with super 8 footage of a man in white long johns with a covered face dropping his pants and showing his dick. I was very confused as the last video I got before that was Almost round 3 and Flip Really Sorry.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 02:20:24 PM by Deekay »

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #424 on: September 26, 2020, 03:59:03 PM »

heh why would he want to with the way shit is going here
ok thanks

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #425 on: September 27, 2020, 12:38:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I remember being a younger teen and getting a copy of 'strongest of the strange', put that shit in only to see it opening with super 8 footage of a man in white long johns with a covered face dropping his pants and showing his dick. I was very confused as the last video I got before that was Almost round 3 and Flip Really Sorry.

https://vimeo.com/14367478

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #426 on: September 27, 2020, 11:43:35 AM »
Haha yea, that's the one.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #427 on: September 27, 2020, 12:43:13 PM »
SOTS is the greatest skateboard film ever. fite me.
ok thanks

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #428 on: September 27, 2020, 01:20:39 PM »
SOTS is the greatest skateboard film ever. fite me.

Oh, for one I certainly won't fight you over this. Honestly I always found it kind of crazy how people used to worship In Search Of The Miraculous all the while having never seen the first film, which I find is so much more authentic.

EvaporatedMilk

• Rep: -15
« Reply #429 on: September 27, 2020, 01:28:22 PM »
more shit made in China... but it's sk8r owned!

make a team, pay them an awesome wage. maybe give them health insurance.

Otherwise, this, like every other brand is no different than Lakai Korea.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #430 on: September 27, 2020, 01:33:56 PM »

What's so fucking wrong with 'Lakai Korea"?

I'm skating two pairs at the moment. Amazing shoes.

You've been brain washed by the corpos to think skate shoes are bad. You just buy those sneakers nike makes.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #431 on: September 27, 2020, 02:39:48 PM »

China =/= Vietnam
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

EvaporatedMilk

« Reply #432 on: September 27, 2020, 04:49:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You've been brain washed by the corpos to think skate shoes are bad. You just buy those sneakers nike makes.

absolutely nothing.
im saying ppl that care about 'sk8er owned' are dumbasses

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #433 on: September 27, 2020, 05:20:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Anyone else noticed the Vans Salman Agah vibes here? Good to see euro riders building their thing.
[close]

AB-solutely. It's way more that first Agah shoe minus the toecap than it is a cons one-star.

Edit: I'm with Silhouette on the clean shoe argument. Also, while I can understand how someone might think of skating as aspirational--I'd say Stevie Williams could be a good example of that--it's definitely not that for many of us.

Glad I'm not the only one. This is exactly what I described them as. I'm game but don't want to order online, would rather try on.

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #434 on: September 27, 2020, 10:25:40 PM »
Tried a pair on last week and was really impressed with the quality.
They fit true to size in my opinion and felt great right off the bat. Hoping my local shop still has a pair in my size come Friday.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

pops

• Rep: 220
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #435 on: September 27, 2020, 10:39:02 PM »
These look interesting. I wonder if they come out soon.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #436 on: September 28, 2020, 01:00:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Anyone else noticed the Vans Salman Agah vibes here? Good to see euro riders building their thing.
[close]

AB-solutely. It's way more that first Agah shoe minus the toecap than it is a cons one-star.

Edit: I'm with Silhouette on the clean shoe argument. Also, while I can understand how someone might think of skating as aspirational--I'd say Stevie Williams could be a good example of that--it's definitely not that for many of us.
[close]

Glad I'm not the only one. This is exactly what I described them as. I'm game but don't want to order online, would rather try on.

skating agah's now, like them altough abit low and flat

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #437 on: September 28, 2020, 01:08:35 AM »

I know the canvas mid are dropping in April for the third drop, so maybe those suede will drop sooner.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

HeapsCool

• Rep: -171
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #438 on: September 28, 2020, 01:24:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

absolutely nothing.

BILLIONAIRES RULE!! BILLIONAIRES RULE!! FUCK TRYING TO SUPPORT PEOPLE WHO NEED IT! BILLIONAIRES ALL DAY BABY! G6! TRUMP PAID $750 TAX IN 2015!! BILLIONAIRES! SUPPORT THEM!! VERSACE SHIT!! YOU AIN'T GOT FREE HEALTHCARE OR COLLEGE BUT PEOPLE HAVE PRIVATE JETS AND PRIVATE POWER PLANTS! SUCKED IN LAKAI, YOU SUCK! NIKE NIKE NIKE. GT ISHOD SHANE COREY KENNEDY SHIMIZU TODD JORDAN DANY SUPA!! EVERYONE CAN BE BILLIONAIRES!! DUMBASSES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT EXTREME WEALTH DISPARITY AND OLIGOPOLIES!!! PHIL KNIGHT ALL DAY BABY!! BILLIONAIRE LONG DISTANCE RUNNER CAN HAVE MY MONEY OVER MIKE CARROL/RICK HOWARD/ PONTUS ANY DAY OFF THE WEEK.

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #439 on: September 28, 2020, 01:54:50 AM »
I don´t know why but these look like old US-made Vans to me, which is a good thing. I also really like the no branding approach. Would try but I don´t skate any vulcs these days.

EvaporatedMilk

« Reply #440 on: September 28, 2020, 05:48:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

absolutely nothing.
[close]

BILLIONAIRES RULE!! BILLIONAIRES RULE!! FUCK TRYING TO SUPPORT PEOPLE WHO NEED IT! BILLIONAIRES ALL DAY BABY! G6! TRUMP PAID $750 TAX IN 2015!! BILLIONAIRES! SUPPORT THEM!! VERSACE SHIT!! YOU AIN'T GOT FREE HEALTHCARE OR COLLEGE BUT PEOPLE HAVE PRIVATE JETS AND PRIVATE POWER PLANTS! SUCKED IN LAKAI, YOU SUCK! NIKE NIKE NIKE. GT ISHOD SHANE COREY KENNEDY SHIMIZU TODD JORDAN DANY SUPA!! EVERYONE CAN BE BILLIONAIRES!! DUMBASSES IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SUPPORT EXTREME WEALTH DISPARITY AND OLIGOPOLIES!!! PHIL KNIGHT ALL DAY BABY!! BILLIONAIRE LONG DISTANCE RUNNER CAN HAVE MY MONEY OVER MIKE CARROL/RICK HOWARD/ PONTUS ANY DAY OFF THE WEEK.

thats right dumbass, I dont want to support wage disparities.. How much do ppl on Nike and Adidas get paid compared to people on State footwear, FP insoles or Lakai?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #441 on: September 28, 2020, 05:56:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

absolutely nothing.
[close]

https://youtu.be/BqwWUNZlTOA
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #442 on: September 28, 2020, 05:57:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

absolutely nothing.
[close]

Totally unrelated question, but is Lakai/Crailtap still owned by Altamont Capital?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #443 on: September 28, 2020, 06:10:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

absolutely nothing.
[close]

[close]
Totally unrelated question, but is Lakai/Crailtap still owned by Altamont Capital?

It would appear not unless it's corp has a name I dont recognize: https://www.altamontcapital.com/portfolio/all/
ok thanks

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #444 on: October 16, 2020, 04:59:07 AM »
Upon a few shipping issues, I finally had the chance to try them and it feels like walking on clouds.

Not sure if I'll skate them being a low-top but the quality is insane.

Good fucking work Pontus.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #445 on: October 16, 2020, 05:57:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I know the canvas mid are dropping in April for the third drop, so maybe those suede will drop sooner.
I actually emailed them about these the other day. They said December.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #446 on: October 16, 2020, 06:00:42 AM »
great shoes ! i like how simple it is. i ended up getting the mustards, but all the colorways are well executed. if it was a non-skate brand these would be 50-100 more and have a much more limited reach. hope it stays in business long enough so they can have a whole line of these.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #447 on: October 16, 2020, 06:04:50 AM »
great shoes ! i like how simple it is. i ended up getting the mustards, but all the colorways are well executed. if it was a non-skate brand these would be 50-100 more and have a much more limited reach. hope it stays in business long enough so they can have a whole line of these.

You’ve got to be kidding me
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #448 on: October 16, 2020, 06:17:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You’ve got to be kidding me

I was skeptical too, but the quality is really good.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #449 on: November 13, 2020, 06:40:23 AM »
Canvas mid as seen on their Insta story :

Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.