Author Topic: HIJINX  (Read 50774 times)

Burt Ward

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 519
Re: HIJINX
« Reply #120 on: April 08, 2020, 09:07:43 PM »
Jeez. I really went into bat for Beagle here.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2020, 08:26:35 AM »
You guys realize that was basically a bonus episode right?

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2020, 03:11:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Well that one sucked. Let's go for a little bit more quality over quantity Beagle. I've loved most of them so far though.
[close]

Yeah these clips could be 5 minutes long and some would still be long.
[close]

Y’all understand that this is just the raw tapes right? If he’s doing any editing it’s very minimal, you’re gonna be seeing a lot of filler and a LOT of trick attempts that go nowhere. Beagle is basically archiving all of his tapes online and letting us be a part of it. Go Beagle.
[close]

Interesting take and fair call
[close]

Not only is it an interesting take, its the LITERAL explanation Beagle gave for putting these online after all these years.

But I get it, vintage never before seen, behind the scenes footage isn't enough in today's age. You're somehow owed more for mustering the energy to click a link... Better editing, better tricks, better music, all quality, no filler etc.

Show some appreciation you fucking kook.

Chill you gimp. I love seeing the raw footage, all I'm saying is that it would be more watchable if he was a bit more stringent in what he included. Kook
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 424
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2020, 09:21:53 PM »

Did Heyl say the n-word at 2:13? Gonna have to start calling him Shane Heil.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

ProjectBluebeam

• Rep: 59
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2020, 09:40:20 PM »
I wonder if Beagle is contractually obliged to act that way

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2020, 12:26:01 AM »
I like beagle,but i really didnt need to see 20 minutes of him not landing a basic line.

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #126 on: April 10, 2020, 01:19:47 AM »

HERMAN! fuck

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #127 on: April 10, 2020, 10:35:38 AM »
^Theyre a gang of idiots -what do you expect?  The Gersh had to reach out and touch Andrew Reynolds edit and hes the smartest one of them.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:16:25 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #128 on: April 10, 2020, 06:23:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

HERMAN! fuck
sounded like heyl

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2020, 10:59:22 AM »
Who was trying the backside flip and frontside flip?

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2020, 10:15:58 PM »

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2020, 10:22:24 PM »
That was a good one

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2020, 10:25:18 PM »
Who was trying the backside flip and frontside flip?

Frontside flip over the fence gap was someone named Paul Flores, guess he never got put on. He has more footage in the recent episode 17 upload.

WobbleHeadBob

« Reply #133 on: April 14, 2020, 02:03:05 AM »

that nosegrind was sick! wonder why he never made it

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2020, 04:21:17 AM »
is it usual for non-sponsored boneless enthusiasts to crash a demo? (other than the regular gathering of the dougalos)

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2020, 06:01:49 AM »
is it usual for non-sponsored boneless enthusiasts to crash a demo? (other than the regular gathering of the dougalos)

I'd be surprised if one DIDN'T crash a demo. "Dougalos" is hilarious

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2020, 07:02:30 AM »
I love Beagle and all, but I don't think I can listen to any more high-pitched Beagle cackles after every trick attempt.

Hyped for all these Herm clips.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2020, 07:49:25 AM »
After these started coming out this kid who sometimes films around here came to an event and kept doing the typical Beagle noises as everyone was trying tricks. It was hella awkward.

Kolostrum

• Rep: 21
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2020, 11:17:27 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that nosegrind was sick! wonder why he never made it

Paul Flores rode for Warco (Tosh Towend's company), and had last part in their promo from 10 years ago. I'm guessing Beagle filmed a good portion of his tricks in this:

FLstrange

• Rep: 324
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2020, 09:40:01 PM »
big hot take incoming, but beagle is not a good filmer imo and the sole reason he is kept around is his homie status. things that take away from his footage include constant blown highlights from over exposure, frequent follow filming shakiness, claustrophobic straight on long lens compositions at the bottom of stairs where you only see the person roll away for a foot and half after they land, heads needlessly cut off way to often because he usually doesn't point the fisheye up at all when the skater pops, and times where he even completely misses trick attempts because he became distracted with filming someone else who's not skating goofing off.

all that being said ive still been watching the edits because raw footage is entertaining and its interesting to see the behind the scenes stuff that was going on during this era of baker. in his defense he definitely does have an eye for funny antics and is good at keeping people's mood for the session light so he seems good for the crew's morale. but damn so many errors with his actual filming, during his nine club interview a while back when he was talking about operating a camera he didn't really grasp the absolute day one beginner basics of setting aperture, shutter speed and iso which really shows when watching these tapes, im guessing alot of this is just auto in-camera settings that he locked so they don't change mid trick. im not suggesting that everyone should try to be like ty evans or something and over produce everything, but i guess my whole point here is that many of his clips could have easily been alot better if he was more competent at what he does.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 10:01:53 PM by FLstrange »

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 424
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2020, 11:23:50 PM »
big hot take incoming, but beagle is not a good filmer imo and the sole reason he is kept around is his homie status. things that take away from his footage include constant blown highlights from over exposure, frequent follow filming shakiness, claustrophobic straight on long lens compositions at the bottom of stairs where you only see the person roll away for a foot and half after they land, heads needlessly cut off way to often because he usually doesn't point the fisheye up at all when the skater pops, and times where he even completely misses trick attempts because he became distracted with filming someone else who's not skating goofing off.

all that being said ive still been watching the edits because raw footage is entertaining and its interesting to see the behind the scenes stuff that was going on during this era of baker. in his defense he definitely does have an eye for funny antics and is good at keeping people's mood for the session light so he seems good for the crew's morale. but damn so many errors with his actual filming, during his nine club interview a while back when he was talking about operating a camera he didn't really grasp the absolute day one beginner basics of setting aperture, shutter speed and iso which really shows when watching these tapes, im guessing alot of this is just auto in-camera settings that he locked so they don't change mid trick. im not suggesting that everyone should try to be like ty evans or something and over produce everything, but i guess my whole point here is that many of his clips could have easily been alot better if he was more competent at what he does.

I personally just find him annoying as shit.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Davethedavedave

• Rep: -101
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2020, 11:33:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd be surprised if one DIDN'T crash a demo. "Dougalos" is hilarious
after covid, the next demo that comes to my area im unleashing my boneless and no comply tricks on. Im gunna refuse to leave until im assaulted or restrained. It will be my magnum opus of kookery

Glurmpz

« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2020, 12:16:16 AM »

Do people really ever praise his filming skills though? I agree with you 100% on all of that, but I don't feel like anyone was ever trying to say Beagle was a great cameraman. Just the homie who could film 'good enough'. God damn though it really does bug me how overexposed a lot of his stuff is, looking back.

Ingenting Polisen

• Rep: 0
    • https://imgur.com/a/ErQuTFP avatar image
« Reply #143 on: April 15, 2020, 01:41:01 AM »

How you film is far from everything what makes a good filmer, it's what you film and he is the king of hijinx.
Even though i might agree with the over exposure and sometimes shakyness it has also become the Baker aestetic.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #144 on: April 15, 2020, 07:33:14 AM »
Very common. The same aspect of cluelessness that leads to that kind of trick selection must also make them think demos are their time to shine

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2020, 01:29:47 AM »

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2020, 06:09:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Very common. The same aspect of cluelessness that leads to that kind of trick selection must also make them think demos are their time to shine

I'm personally really enjoying this side topic regarding Dougalos and bonelessing demo-crashers. What constitutes a "Dougalo" exactly? Is it quantifiable? Or is it more mysterious? Does defining a Dougalo destroy the Dougalo? Can I become a Dougalo through practice, or is it genetic? How many utterances of Dougalo is too many?

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2020, 06:50:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I'm personally really enjoying this side topic regarding Dougalos and bonelessing demo-crashers. What constitutes a "Dougalo" exactly? Is it quantifiable? Or is it more mysterious? Does defining a Dougalo destroy the Dougalo? Can I become a Dougalo through practice, or is it genetic? How many utterances of Dougalo is too many?

Well, for starters it seems that you are not aware of the Doug Brown Appreciation thread, which is of course a serious offense in the Dougalo world. Start reading and accept you new god.

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2020, 06:52:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Well, for starters it seems that you are not aware of the Doug Brown Appreciation thread, which is of course a serious offense in the Dougalo world. Start reading and accept you new god.

Damn, I know who Doug Brown is and still never put it together. I am enlightened.

deathturd

• Rep: 88
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2020, 02:32:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

HERMAN! fuck
[close]
sounded like heyl

There was some dude in the Baker crew called "Jigga". I don't know why or what his deal is, but there you go.