Author Topic: Anyone fuck with HDtracks?  (Read 280 times)

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Anyone fuck with HDtracks?
« on: January 30, 2020, 07:11:53 AM »
https://www.hdtracks.com/

I was pleasantly surprised with how much better the Cocteau Twins albums they offered sounded than my original CDs or even remasters.

Unfortunately, my hearing took a shit from the years of machine noise I suffered through when I was stationed onboard a ship so I can't fully appreciate these, but does anyone else enjoy some audiophile quality listening of the HD variety (including bluray audio discs, etc.).

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1303
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Re: Anyone fuck with HDtracks?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 09:11:09 PM »
I back these in theory just because it's nice to have audio quality move forward instead of the backslide that's happened over the past few decades but they're kinda spendy so I haven't bought much. Maybe when I stop being a broke boi I'll rebuy some classic albums.

I got a Tidal subscription for free for a few months and liked that they had a lot of higher bit rate/depth uploads but I have so many playlists on Spotify and my algorithm just so that I didn't wanna retrain a new service. Maybe I need to suck it up and make it happen.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.