Author Topic: favorite philly spots  (Read 5317 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
Re: favorite philly spots
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2020, 05:54:49 PM »
Expand Quote
title 10
[close]
Still upset I never got to skate there.

The bowl was amazing. Mini was good too. The street area was all wrong but had enough functional stuff to be worthwhile (a pyramid that actually launched you!). Plus you had a few tiny things in the kid area to learn on or dork around with - something Philly has lacked for the last decade at least. I wish I had taken advantage of it more.

I’ve always figured that place was a scam to pocket city grant money. They supposedly got $800,000 from the city but packed it up after a year. Big sound system was installed but never hooked up and was probably listed as a loss then resold. They didn’t run climate control after a few months. Shit was not on the up and up.

Sam Katz came by during his mayoral campaign and tried to high five me on camera while skating the bowl and I ignored him.

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2020, 07:41:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just skate around, there's "spots" everywhere. 9th and poplar is also always solid as long as you're not a kook. Baldi way up north if you feel like getting buck. Ledges on broad and oregon are pretty solid and never crowded. Really depends on what part of the city you live in. Penn campus is nice but a bust if you're out west, buncha random spots around drexel campus too.
[close]

9th and poplar is always solid if you're running 58mm soft cruiser wheels
[close]

or looking to shoot up

Haven't seen junkies there in a hot sec, mostly just randoms smoking up but maybe I'm just lucky

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2020, 03:59:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Just skate around, there's "spots" everywhere. 9th and poplar is also always solid as long as you're not a kook. Baldi way up north if you feel like getting buck. Ledges on broad and oregon are pretty solid and never crowded. Really depends on what part of the city you live in. Penn campus is nice but a bust if you're out west, buncha random spots around drexel campus too.
[close]

[close]

or looking to shoot up
[close]

Haven't seen junkies there in a hot sec, mostly just randoms smoking up but maybe I'm just lucky

Mainly just homeless dudes sleeping on the obstacles.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2020, 05:20:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

or looking to shoot up
[close]

[close]

Last summer I was working a little later in the day than normal and would get up early to go skate there on the way in. No matter what I was skating or how much noise I made, nothing would wake the sleeping junkies. I kind of chilled on going there after one too many instance of almost falling on human feces.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2020, 05:58:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

or looking to shoot up
[close]

[close]

[close]

Last summer I was working a little later in the day than normal and would get up early to go skate there on the way in. No matter what I was skating or how much noise I made, nothing would wake the sleeping junkies. I kind of chilled on going there after one too many instance of almost falling on human feces.

It ain't a philly spot unless there's feces in the nearby vicinity

Robby

• Rep: 15
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2020, 07:49:36 PM »
I’ve been going to 9th and Poplar in the morning on weekdays and it has been pretty tame.

There are these downward slanted curbs with angle iron on 16th by spring garden. The metal has gaps in it every 8’ or so. Been meaning to JB weld it because I pass it often but keep forgetting.

There’s also this rail right along the fence there that looks pretty well worn in.

Not very big stuff, but I suck so they keep me entertained.

Couple stair sets and stuff at the community college on that block that I’ve skated at night without trouble, but I might just be lucking out.

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2020, 04:30:24 PM »
Can any pals help me out with a pin to this spot? I’ll be in philly this weekend hoping to skate here and Muni. If any pals wanna link hit me up

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFCqUwUp79t/?igshid=1gvt5yorvkgb6

Robby

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2020, 05:02:12 PM »
Looks like the Shakespeare memorial by the parkway central library in Logan square.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2020, 02:03:24 PM »
nah it's 14th and dickinson

There’s also this rail right along the fence there that looks pretty well worn in.

Ricky feebled it at 2:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs6wIMYH0eM

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2020, 02:45:43 PM »
Damn this thread makes me miss living in Philly.

Robby

« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2020, 06:27:36 PM »
I thought that was the one from EE3, was second guessing myself for some reason cus something looked off in the video. That’s totally it tho.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2020, 08:28:22 PM »

There are these downward slanted curbs with angle iron on 16th by spring garden. The metal has gaps in it every 8’ or so. Been meaning to JB weld it because I pass it often but keep forgetting.

There’s something pretty similar on the building next to the Free Library that looks just like the library. You can pop the little gaps.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2020, 09:37:17 PM »
There’s some fun stuff up north. Small pole jam and a couple fat, round thigh high bars (like smaller versions of the long one in Chinatown) in front of the Pet smart on Aramingo and Westmoreland. Some fun wallride spots, banks, etc...if you head north of that and branch a block or two off of Aramingo

themeangreen

• Rep: -75
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2020, 09:57:29 AM »
Can any pals help me out with a pin to this spot? I’ll be in philly this weekend hoping to skate here and Muni. If any pals wanna link hit me up

If you're skating Muni and you're on your way to paines you take the Ben Franklin Parkway there. It's on the right hand side right after Logan square park its across from the Parkway Center Library building. They also just built some new stuff at 9th n poplar and booted out all those junkies. I've been skating there a bunch lately and haven't seen any sketchy people hanging under the bridge next to the park. It's crusty but that's what makes skating Philly fun nothing is perfect here, Muni is falling apart it's getting tougher to skate there as well.

There's a fun DIY the street behind from the Target on Columbus ave south with some fun curbs and a nice small ledge. On 9th and market there's a fun wall ride spot around the new mall there but they have mall security so just depends on where you are around the mall at the time but they just built it and there is some stuff to skate around. If you're in that area Chinatown is fun to skate around. Also the curved ledge on 16th and market is still un-nobbed and if you go a few more blocks up market there's a wawa and behind there is a 3 up 3 down with a long middle part that's fun to skate at night, you go a little farther down on JFK ave is the Comcast building with really nice ground and plenty to skate but it's a bust a lot of the time.

There's a bunch of jersey barriers people built into long steep quarter's a flat bar across a grass gap and some wall rides along North American street and 2nd I think.

Head out to Manayunk to do some hill bombs, there's some stuff to skate in bak ally's and behind houses. But the hills are steep and fun out there and only 10 minutes from the spots I was just talking about. From 4th and market down to Penns landing there's lot's to skate esp Penns Landing that has everything from small ledges to huge handrails you've seen in video parts. Down front and market and around Old City there's fun little street gaps, ledges, plenty of fun stuff to hit. 

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 429
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2020, 12:35:34 PM »
Jim's on south for sure
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

themeangreen

« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2020, 03:52:14 PM »
Jim's on south for sure

Nah Ishkabibbles is way better

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2020, 07:41:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Jim's on south for sure
[close]

Nah Ishkabibbles is way better

Ishkabibbles always.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2020, 07:46:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you're skating Muni and you're on your way to paines you take the Ben Franklin Parkway there. It's on the right hand side right after Logan square park its across from the Parkway Center Library building. They also just built some new stuff at 9th n poplar and booted out all those junkies. I've been skating there a bunch lately and haven't seen any sketchy people hanging under the bridge next to the park. It's crusty but that's what makes skating Philly fun nothing is perfect here, Muni is falling apart it's getting tougher to skate there as well.

There's a fun DIY the street behind from the Target on Columbus ave south with some fun curbs and a nice small ledge. On 9th and market there's a fun wall ride spot around the new mall there but they have mall security so just depends on where you are around the mall at the time but they just built it and there is some stuff to skate around. If you're in that area Chinatown is fun to skate around. Also the curved ledge on 16th and market is still un-nobbed and if you go a few more blocks up market there's a wawa and behind there is a 3 up 3 down with a long middle part that's fun to skate at night, you go a little farther down on JFK ave is the Comcast building with really nice ground and plenty to skate but it's a bust a lot of the time.

There's a bunch of jersey barriers people built into long steep quarter's a flat bar across a grass gap and some wall rides along North American street and 2nd I think.

Head out to Manayunk to do some hill bombs, there's some stuff to skate in bak ally's and behind houses. But the hills are steep and fun out there and only 10 minutes from the spots I was just talking about. From 4th and market down to Penns landing there's lot's to skate esp Penns Landing that has everything from small ledges to huge handrails you've seen in video parts. Down front and market and around Old City there's fun little street gaps, ledges, plenty of fun stuff to hit.

I built that spot haha

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2020, 08:02:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I built that spot haha

Always wanted to know who painted those curbs, thanks for doing that.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2020, 08:08:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I built that spot haha
[close]

I live right by there so as soon as Covid happened we started making it happen. Skate there after work at least a few days a week.

themeangreen

« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2020, 11:45:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I built that spot haha
[close]

[close]

I live right by there so as soon as Covid happened we started making it happen. Skate there after work at least a few days a week.

I skate there from poplar to meet buddies someday's when it's nice out. Thank you for building that!!!

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2020, 12:09:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I built that spot haha
[close]

[close]

[close]

I skate there from poplar to meet buddies someday's when it's nice out. Thank you for building that!!!

absolutely! if you ever see a dude down there with long hair pulled back drinking a six pack of corona cans and doing half cab noseslide variations every way possible say what's up.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2020, 06:27:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jim's on south for sure
[close]

Nah Phillip's is way better
[close]

Phillip's always.

Fixed

Willie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2020, 03:22:28 PM »

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2020, 04:00:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jim's on south for sure
[close]

[close]

Phillip's always.
[close]

Fixed

If I'm at 22nd and Snyder I'm just hitting the halal cart for better food and spending half the price.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2020, 04:37:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jim's on south for sure
[close]

[close]

Phillip's always.
[close]

Fixed
[close]

Cosmi’s
it’s delasandros, but cosmis is such a niche call i want to put respect on it

themeangreen

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2020, 04:55:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jim's on south for sure
[close]

[close]

Phillip's always.
[close]

Fixed
[close]

Cosmi’s
[close]

For sure, Delasandro's as the top for take out I also think Cleaver's does a good one (they're greeks though), oh brother for a sit down or Musi for their frizwit night which is pretty bomb for a bunch of foraging hipster's that charge too much for their food. It'll never be the same as NYC but right now Philly's pizza scene is the best it ever has been, there's about 7 awesome places that have opened within the past year or so.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2020, 07:46:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jim's on south for sure
[close]

[close]

Phillip's always.
[close]

Fixed
[close]

Cosmi’s
[close]
[close]

For sure, Delasandro's as the top for take out I also think Cleaver's does a good one (they're greeks though), oh brother for a sit down or Musi for their frizwit night which is pretty bomb for a bunch of foraging hipster's that charge too much for their food. It'll never be the same as NYC but right now Philly's pizza scene is the best it ever has been, there's about 7 awesome places that have opened within the past year or so.
Honorable mention Cosmi's. Their hoagies are wild.
Geez, Philly's food is the best

Slap meetup social hour at Target curbs soon?

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2020, 07:53:42 PM »
Which Target? I think they all have curbs now except for the center city ones haha

themeangreen

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2020, 09:18:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jim's on south for sure
[close]

[close]

Phillip's always.
[close]

Fixed
[close]

Cosmi’s
[close]
[close]

[close]
Honorable mention Cosmi's. Their hoagies are wild.
Geez, Philly's food is the best

Slap meetup social hour at Target curbs soon?

Whenever just DM me! I just dusted my ankle today at Poplar will be good in 2 weeks hopefully, swellings not too bad but doesn't feel very good at the moment.