Author Topic: favorite philly spots  (Read 5313 times)

urbneathme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
Re: favorite philly spots
« Reply #90 on: December 01, 2020, 02:42:58 AM »
Add another to the Artisan Boulanger praise. I live a few blocks from there and don’t eat meat, so their tofu banh mi is my go to when I eat out. Hardena isn’t far away on the other side of broad and has some great Indonesian food, veggie and non.

Also - any decent places in south philly under a bridge or anything to leave ramps and stuff? I made a kicker out of some spare plywood and pallet wood at work. I was gonna keep it in my bands practice space and use it on rainy days on the floor above in the warehouse, but that place has gotten even more sketch than usual during covid and I’m pulling out. I have enough stuff around for a grind box too, but haven’t bothered cus I don’t have anywhere to put stuff.
in the grays warehouse? hard to imagine that place getting sketchier than it was, but covid times probably have that place wild

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 26
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2020, 03:51:58 PM »
Anyone scoped those abandoned tennis courts in Mannyunk area near Ridge ave? It's not far from Venice Island playground, has some semi-skateable benches built in there and an extremely rough but *maybe* skateable little bank (calling it a bank at all is really giving it too much credit tbh). Some people already put some dinky wood ramps and a flatbar there but seems like it has some potential as a legit new diy if anyone's trying to go in on some crete or cinderblocks or whatever

Weekend96

• Rep: -4
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2020, 12:12:49 PM »
Skated 9th and poplar a bunch. Same with Cecil. Going to skate muni for the first time this weekend... anything i should be aware of before heading there?

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2020, 01:36:18 PM »
Skated 9th and poplar a bunch. Same with Cecil. Going to skate muni for the first time this weekend... anything i should be aware of before heading there?

Keep your eyes on the ground. Those tile gaps will take you out quick if you aren’t paying attention. Also, don’t pick up random McDonald’s fish sandwich wrappers. There may be poo inside