Author Topic: Reynolds vs. Ave vs. Kalis vs. Chico  (Read 7826 times)

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
Re: Reynolds vs. Ave vs. Kalis vs. Chico
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2021, 08:37:44 PM »
isnt AVE a shortarse?

He is tiny but his head is massive. He looks like Beavis. Every punch would be drawn into his giant heads gravitational pull.

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2021, 04:47:28 AM »
A lot of 90s skaters are still shreddin' in their 40s. Reynolds is def my fav, but i would rank with him AVE and Daewon too.  All the others mentioned are still kickin it hard at this age. It would be dope to see more video parts from the old dogs but even the instagram posts are nice and inspiring. So many names.... Kalis, Chico, Guy, Flo Marfaing, Sarmiento, Kevin Taylor, Gall, Markovitch, Ellingtion, Greco, BA, Pat Channita, Jeremy Wray, Jamie Thomas, Rowley, Penny, The Butcher, Kristian Svitak, Tyrone Olson ... maaan, the list goes on
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 04:54:50 AM by El Freegano »

IpathCats

« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2021, 08:34:41 AM »
Just based on the level of what they're currently putting out
AVE
Reynolds
Kalis
Chico

But it's close between 1-2 and 3-4. Chico looks great on his board though, no disrespect at all. Tough tier list.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2021, 08:59:28 AM »
AVE
Reynolds
Kalis
Chico

But it's close between 1-2 and 3-4. Chico looks great on his board though, no disrespect at all. Tough tier list.

That's funny my top 4 is yours just in reverse.... In terms of who I like to watch.

Everytime I open insta it's straight to Chico
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

whoami

• Rep: -43
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2021, 09:32:21 AM »
I grew up in Florida and am maybe a year older than Andrew. We entered a few contests together and he's been doing sw 360 flips in runs since like 92-93. Thats like almost 30 years of having that trick.

IpathCats

« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2021, 09:51:09 AM »
Expand Quote
AVE
Reynolds
Kalis
Chico

[close]

That's funny my top 4 is yours just in reverse.... In terms of who I like to watch.

Everytime I open insta it's straight to Chico

I was trying to be a bit more objective. Basing it on difficulty/gnar i guess. I probably like watching kalis the most out of all of them because you dont see quite as much footy from him, and hes still got a beautiful tre. But I do feel like AVEs recent shit holds up to todays standards, regardless of his age and legacy. 

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1310
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2021, 10:11:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
there is no comparison. AVE all day. Reynolds can't switch tre
[close]

@3:27

[close]

He meant in more recent times versus like a decade and some change ago. Reynolds still ss tre stuff AVE wouldn't even think of so I'm not sure what that argument even means.
[close]

do people really think that Andrew Reynolds can't switch 360 flip?
 (in a line that starts at 3:30)

There's been more filmed Reynolds sw tres than filmed Ave frontside flips.

HiResDes

• Rep: -39
Re: Andrew Reynolds vs. Ave vs. Kalis vs. Chico
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2021, 10:35:32 AM »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2021, 10:38:52 AM »
What Henry Sanchez is somehow doing after being off the board for 10 years is just ridiculous.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2021, 12:02:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
AVE’s on another level still as demonstrated in Dancing on Thin Ice. When Guy or Reynolds drop another full length part (especially with Reynolds’ new lower impact, more manual/ledge-based trick selection which I like a lot) I’m sure they’ll both shoot back up to the AVE tier of older pros in my mind.

I know he gets clowned on here for various things, but Chris Cole’s descent from relevance still blows my mind.  He was skating at such a high level in his early/mid-thirties I really expected him to be someone who would push his progression into his 40’s.  Now he’s disappeared into a sea of CBD and tactical knife ads.  I was hoping the return to Zero would come with a full length street part but that still hasn’t happened…
[close]

Lol

How depressing is that
[close]

They should really do a documentary on the cursed careers of everyone who joined DC when they tried to revamp their brand and use that flag as a new logo with Berra as their brand manager.    Mike Mo, Chris Cole, Darrell, PJ, Wenning (was already on but rose to prominence)
[close]

Add Mikey Taylor to that list, mid 2010s DC team was cursed, only Wes Kramer and Kalis got out unscathed.

Nyjah was also part of this DC squad. Of course it didn’t “derail” his career, but I feel it’s when people started to notice that he was a douche

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2021, 01:12:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
AVE’s on another level still as demonstrated in Dancing on Thin Ice. When Guy or Reynolds drop another full length part (especially with Reynolds’ new lower impact, more manual/ledge-based trick selection which I like a lot) I’m sure they’ll both shoot back up to the AVE tier of older pros in my mind.

I know he gets clowned on here for various things, but Chris Cole’s descent from relevance still blows my mind.  He was skating at such a high level in his early/mid-thirties I really expected him to be someone who would push his progression into his 40’s.  Now he’s disappeared into a sea of CBD and tactical knife ads.  I was hoping the return to Zero would come with a full length street part but that still hasn’t happened…
[close]

Lol

How depressing is that
[close]

They should really do a documentary on the cursed careers of everyone who joined DC when they tried to revamp their brand and use that flag as a new logo with Berra as their brand manager.    Mike Mo, Chris Cole, Darrell, PJ, Wenning (was already on but rose to prominence)
[close]

Add Mikey Taylor to that list, mid 2010s DC team was cursed, only Wes Kramer and Kalis got out unscathed.
[close]

Nyjah was also part of this DC squad. Of course it didn’t “derail” his career, but I feel it’s when people started to notice that he was a douche
Evan Smith escaped it too.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 902
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2021, 02:44:31 PM »
I really like Chris Pullmans skating these days. Style for miles.