Author Topic: SLAP PALS Flatground Kickflip Heelflip Shalom-Off  (Read 21944 times)

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
Re: SLAP PALS Flatground Kickflip Heelflip Shalom-Off
« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2020, 02:31:12 AM »
I honestly don’t know of anyone in the whole world who could do a better job at being a high level competitive skate coach, and I mean that in a ll honesty. I would be the fucking Gregg popovich, bill bellichick combo on steroids for skateboarding. I have a higher skate IQ then just about anyone on this planet, and I’m not saying this shit to brag, it’s just the fucking truth.

homie is kinda like a new gipper
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2020, 03:56:19 AM »
I thought it was a slight my G. I might have gotten triggered. No harm friend, you’re one of my favorite posters.

Nah no slight and I gnar you all the time. It's only logical that us peasants will pick up the crumbs of skate enlightenment you occasionally dare to drop on the collective table. I'm sorry to hear you can't skate right now and hope you will be able to soon.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 03:58:17 AM by silhouette »

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2020, 11:29:53 AM »
Expand Quote

Learned these like last week  :'(
[close]

sick man!

These took me like 6 months to learn, and somehow I feel like i used to have them better even though I never landed it? Idk. Here's a pic of my trying back last July. My front foot would never land back on the board...

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2020, 11:33:02 AM »
I thought that one was good man. You've got some finesse on the flick and make it look casual, I definitely wouldn't suspect you just learned them if you didn't mention it.

On your old screenshot, your center of gravity was very obviously off. But it looks like you learned it with the 'proper' technique from the get go, which most people don't do.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 11:35:01 AM by silhouette »

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2020, 12:02:01 PM »
Kickflip

Bonus 360 flip
Sorry for the slo mo, my chick filmed both of the clips(also need help on how to post a youtube clip, tried different ways and went back to posting like this)
Edit:finally fucking got it
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2020, 12:05:42 PM »
Knew that was going to be a good kickflip just from your position on the thumbnail, you've got good style, on the 360 flip too, I admit I totally cracked up at the slow-mo'd homie mall grabbing a questionable set-up all the while holding a bottle at the landing though.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2020, 12:12:23 PM »
Expand Quote
I thought it was a slight my G. I might have gotten triggered. No harm friend, you’re one of my favorite posters.
[close]

Nah no slight and I gnar you all the time. It's only logical that us peasants will pick up the crumbs of skate enlightenment you occasionally dare to drop on the collective table. I'm sorry to hear you can't skate right now and hope you will be able to soon.

Ha Love you Silhouette, shit made me laugh my ass off. Y’all aren’t peasants, I mean shit there are plenty of people who kick my ass in skating certain things on here i would imagine considering I shitpost here, but what cheetah does good, oh cheetah does world class. Skate IQ just happens to be one of those.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2020, 12:18:57 PM »
I was skating a park yesterday for my 30th day straight of skating. Was doing kickflips every try on my way back to what I was skating. As soon as I thought, I'm better with this board, I'm gonna redeem myself on SLAP, I landed primo, slipped out and crushed my hand. I thought I broke that shit because it hurt way worse than breaking my other hand in October.
I could hardly hold my board when I continued to go for what I was doing. I was just trying to go fast and 50-50 this long ass box and 180 out clean. This fat fuck was trying to show me up doing the slowest, ugliest, 5ft long 50-50, not even landing in a grind half the time, getting the shittiest excuse for a 180 ever. I just thought fuck this guy, I can do a shitty one if I wanted. With my hand throbbing I went Super Saiyan and as fast as I could, grinded the whole box, 180 out so nice, got a couple props because people knew I could do them but just wanted it to look perfect. I can do 50-50's all day but I hate coming out of them ugly. I forgot that people do that dumb shit and try to show others up. I've never done that ever. But it was nice to see his, and then I do mine and it was like what to do, and what not to do.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2020, 12:31:24 PM »
One-uppers fucking suck, the phenomenon is everywhere but I've observed this was even more blatant in the US (on my humble little visits). I remember pulling out my camera at a spot in Oakland just to catch a candid shot of something specific my friend happened to casually be doing (big stylish ollies over a volcano thing) just because, well, I thought it looked nice; before I could even fix my settings, some dudes were dropping in on my friend to try fucking 360 flips and whatnot already. I just had no way of seeing that coming and eventually felt bad because it actually ruined the session for my friend.

In Europe (again, from my experience), it's mostly the little kids who do it, and in general they'll be a bit more sneaky (e.g.. casually move to the part of the spot people are filming at, to then regularly snake the skater between turns to try a trick just in case the filmer would catch it; or sometimes even just stand there in the fucking background just to be in the shot). I guess in all cases it's repressed people who in turn are super opportunistic.

Proper etiquette when you see somebody try a trick that inspires you to try too is to come up to them and ask if they mind, that should be a given. Hope the hand gets better.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2020, 12:47:29 PM »
One-uppers fucking suck, the phenomenon is everywhere but I've observed this was even more blatant in the US (on my humble little visits). I remember pulling out my camera at a spot in Oakland just to catch a candid shot of something specific my friend happened to casually be doing (big stylish ollies over a volcano thing) just because, well, I thought it looked nice; before I could even fix my settings, some dudes were dropping in on my friend to try fucking 360 flips and whatnot already. I just had no way of seeing that coming and eventually felt bad because it actually ruined the session for my friend.

In Europe (again, from my experience), it's mostly the little kids who do it, and in general they'll be a bit more sneaky (e.g.. casually move to the part of the spot people are filming at, to then regularly snake the skater between turns to try a trick just in case the filmer would catch it; or sometimes even just stand there in the fucking background just to be in the shot). I guess in all cases it's repressed people who in turn are super opportunistic.

Proper etiquette when you see somebody try a trick that inspires you to try too is to come up to them and ask if they mind, that should be a given. Hope the hand gets better.
Thanks for the well wishes. Yeah, exactly. It's nothing new but I forgot about it since I hardly am at a good enough park that I stick around. I was annoyed but didn't really give a fuck because the dude was dressed like, skated like, and acted like an all around kook.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #220 on: February 06, 2020, 05:08:27 PM »
I was skating a park yesterday for my 30th day straight of skating. Was doing kickflips every try on my way back to what I was skating. As soon as I thought, I'm better with this board, I'm gonna redeem myself on SLAP, I landed primo, slipped out and crushed my hand. I thought I broke that shit because it hurt way worse than breaking my other hand in October.
I could hardly hold my board when I continued to go for what I was doing. I was just trying to go fast and 50-50 this long ass box and 180 out clean. This fat fuck was trying to show me up doing the slowest, ugliest, 5ft long 50-50, not even landing in a grind half the time, getting the shittiest excuse for a 180 ever. I just thought fuck this guy, I can do a shitty one if I wanted. With my hand throbbing I went Super Saiyan and as fast as I could, grinded the whole box, 180 out so nice, got a couple props because people knew I could do them but just wanted it to look perfect. I can do 50-50's all day but I hate coming out of them ugly. I forgot that people do that dumb shit and try to show others up. I've never done that ever. But it was nice to see his, and then I do mine and it was like what to do, and what not to do.
Hope nothings broken in the hand. Sometimes you just need to go Super Saiyan on a trick, the faster you push and less you think about, the more successful you are.

I'm having zero success kickflipping on my current setup which has a twin tail. I can only kickflip popping off my nose, off my tail and I ghost pop.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #221 on: February 08, 2020, 01:17:00 AM »
Is "Shuv It to cancer February" a real thing or did skatecrunchmag see this thread and bite my shit? I said I wanted to do shuv it next and now I see them doing some dumb shit about shuving it to cancer, and how you are supposed to tag a pro and see if they will post a shuv it. Fuck them. What you guys want now? Shuv/shove its? I'm down and can get one probably tomorrow or Sunday. Gonna do a bunch of yard work tomorrow.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #222 on: February 08, 2020, 07:34:53 AM »
Let's do shove-it flips/varial flips/dog flips etc.

I skate this indoor park where helmets are mandatory and the only one that fits me is a slimer green one. I'm down to film a varial flip in a slimer green helmet and post it here using my real name.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #223 on: February 08, 2020, 07:51:02 AM »

I skate this indoor park where helmets are mandatory and the only one that fits me is a slimer green one. I'm down to film a varial flip in a slimer green helmet and post it here using my real name.
What's a dog flip??

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #224 on: February 08, 2020, 08:00:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
What's a dog flip??

Just another name for a varial flip. At least in my neck of the woods it is.

I was going to say, maybe we can add fakie varial flips in the mix as well.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2020, 08:29:00 AM »
Ok, if a few others could chime in this is what I want to start next. Just want to see if everyone is down.

It would be Pop Shove/not pop lol along with Varial flip or fakie varial flip. So kind of 4 tricks to choose from. I like the varial flips because it makes it fun and goofy. Ill try to do all 4 but I have done a fakie varial flip in years.

Just like last time, you can do any one of them or all of them if you want. Same rules. Nothing old, flatgound, etc. If I hear a couple others say they are in I will post a locked topic just so people have a heads up, and unlock it tomorrow when I should have some footage. Otherwise get filming, I don't see anyone having a major problem with these. And fuck skatecrunchmag for the record. Cancer excuse or no cancer excuse.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:31:18 AM by 50mm »

Rein

• Rep: -21
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2020, 09:07:03 AM »
Kickflip, slow one

https://imgur.com/a/yxID661

Older one:

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2020, 09:20:04 AM »
Kickflip, slow one

Older one:

Though I cannot gnar you since you did it over something, I will say that was beautiful. And I’m pretty stoked to see people from all over willing to take part in something fun and not be so serious about skating! Give us one more on flat! Not over anything.

Rein

• Rep: -21
« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2020, 10:58:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Kickflip, slow one

Older one:

[close]
Though I cannot gnar you since you did it over something, I will say that was beautiful. And I’m pretty stoked to see people from all over willing to take part in something fun and not be so serious about skating! Give us one more on flat! Not over anything.

I posted an imgur-link above the Instagram post of a flatground one, although it's not with a lot of speed

Glurmpz

« Reply #229 on: February 08, 2020, 11:22:58 AM »
Full disclosure - I haven't read the whole thread, but god damn, Silhouette has a beautiful kickflip!

Cheetah, on the other hand... wow. I have never, in my entire life, heard someone brag so much while also saying they don't want to, and have no reason to brag. I mean, there's Trump, but Cheetah seems to be even worse than him. The world is an interesting place.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2020, 11:25:34 AM »
Snow melted. Not my best but it’s cold so my knee and ankle was aching. Shalom pals!

https://imgur.com/gallery/bnd5CIG

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #231 on: February 08, 2020, 11:36:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Kickflip, slow one

Older one:

[close]
[close]

I posted an imgur-link above the Instagram post of a flatground one, although it's not with a lot of speed
My mistake. Gnar’d and Shalom to you!

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #232 on: February 08, 2020, 11:39:26 AM »
Is "Shuv It to cancer February" a real thing or did skatecrunchmag see this thread and bite my shit? I said I wanted to do shuv it next and now I see them doing some dumb shit about shuving it to cancer, and how you are supposed to tag a pro and see if they will post a shuv it. Fuck them. What you guys want now? Shuv/shove its? I'm down and can get one probably tomorrow or Sunday. Gonna do a bunch of yard work tomorrow.

The shuvit cancer thing is a Just Giving appeal by a skater's mother who is trying to learn how to skate at 68, to help pay for her chemotherapy and for Breast Cancer Research.

https://www.tuesdaysskateshop.co.uk/blogs/news/shuvitcancer-elaine-shallcross

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #233 on: February 08, 2020, 12:02:21 PM »

Kinda weird but I’m quite happy with it.
Sorry for shit filming couldn’t get a better angle
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 12:07:09 PM by Bigalo »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2020, 12:46:03 PM »
Ok, if a few others could chime in this is what I want to start next. Just want to see if everyone is down.

It would be Pop Shove/not pop lol along with Varial flip or fakie varial flip. So kind of 4 tricks to choose from. I like the varial flips because it makes it fun and goofy. Ill try to do all 4 but I have done a fakie varial flip in years.

I too haven’t done a fakie v flip in years but I’m confident I can pull that one out.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2020, 12:51:30 PM »
Is "Shuv It to cancer February" a real thing or did skatecrunchmag see this thread and bite my shit? I said I wanted to do shuv it next and now I see them doing some dumb shit about shuving it to cancer, and how you are supposed to tag a pro and see if they will post a shuv it. Fuck them.

dude you’re a kook
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2020, 01:21:25 PM »
Full disclosure - I haven't read the whole thread, but god damn, Silhouette has a beautiful kickflip!

Cheetah, on the other hand... wow. I have never, in my entire life, heard someone brag so much while also saying they don't want to, and have no reason to brag. I mean, there's Trump, but Cheetah seems to be even worse than him. The world is an interesting place.

I mean if anyone could brag it’s me. I don’t want to but I feel like it’s healthy for me. It’s hard to explain because I’m a very complex 64 dimensional character without giving away who I am. But trust me my friend it’s much more complex then U could imagine because u just don’t know who I am. Like imagine u have Harry Potter behind my account, u would never imagine a wizard is behind the sheets therefore you don’t understand the complexities.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #237 on: February 08, 2020, 01:30:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Is "Shuv It to cancer February" a real thing or did skatecrunchmag see this thread and bite my shit? I said I wanted to do shuv it next and now I see them doing some dumb shit about shuving it to cancer, and how you are supposed to tag a pro and see if they will post a shuv it. Fuck them.
[close]

dude you’re a kook
I’m 30 years old on a skateboarding MessageBoards. No shit. But you are core for reminding me.

Fre$HPrince

« Reply #238 on: February 08, 2020, 01:34:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

dude you’re a kook
[close]
I’m 30 years old on a skateboarding MessageBoards. No shit. But you are core for reminding me.
Your 30 and you talk this much shit? You ever been punched in the face for real or just internet beef?

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: February 08, 2020, 01:53:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

dude you’re a kook
[close]
[close]
Your 30 and you talk this much shit? You ever been punched in the face for real or just internet beef?
Plenty. Don’t worry you’ll be there soon. It goes by quick. Everyone getting triggered by a question about the shove it thing being real or not? Cry me a fucking river. Whether you’re 18 or 30. You’re all here doing the same thing. If you know it’s lame don’t do it yourself. If you’re done defending your boyfriend please punch me in the face and teach me your life lesson. Fucking clown. “Ever been punched for real fool?” So hard.