Author Topic: SLAP PALS Flatground Kickflip Heelflip Shalom-Off  (Read 21836 times)

nouhcomply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: SLAP PALS Flatground Kickflip Heelflip Shalom-Off
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2020, 06:55:38 PM »
Expand Quote
I tried my best to kickflip and make a gif because this thread is sick (not sure why it slow mo’d, not a fan of that)
[close]

That catch was sick, and when you want to have a gif show up you just need to rightclick the image on the page and "copy image address" then press the image button when posting and put the link inbetween there

thanks man and I’m on mobile but I’ll make sure to do that next time lol, thanks for the tip

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2020, 06:56:52 PM »
Expand Quote
^ killer sticker job.

I'm voting something fakie for the next one.
[close]

fakie v flip

Oh boy, that's gonna be a lot of ugly videos. I think there are only like three pros who can do those properly.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2020, 07:00:15 PM »
Varial flips and fakie varial flips are still pretty much illegal to me

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2020, 07:04:31 PM »
I want to do pop shove it next. Mainly because that is 1000x easier for me to pop. Although the feeling of waiting to be in the right spot for the camera is annoying as fuck.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2020, 07:31:14 PM »
What about a full cab? I wanna see some 45 degree pop and 315 degrees of skid.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2020, 09:13:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Petition to call all Pal kickflips Shalom Flips
[close]
Shalom kick and shalom heel?
[close]

I'm backing this.

I avoid posting shit on Instagram but I would use it for #shalomoff, which we should make a compulsory hashtag.

Feb 2020 - Shalom kick and heel
March 2020 - Shalom shuvs
April 2020 - Shalom big spins
(and we'll work out way to ledges and flatbars)

I would fully be down for a SHALOM Shitcrete/non-spot extravaganza.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2020, 09:35:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
yea I’d be down for more of these as long as we never do anything switch or nollie
[close]
Next trick: Nollie hardflip
[close]
I actually like it when people knock me out of SKATE quick. That means I can go back to not skating flat.

Yes, please end me quickly so I can go back to spending 20+ tries on a basic ledge trick. I don't have time for flat ground foolery.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2020, 10:58:39 PM »
Have a terrible heelflip so I hope y’all don’t mind I subbed in a back heel

https://youtu.be/t83OgqXDZXw

I also like the idea of doing varial flip and/or fakie varial flip for the next challenge. Not necessarily because I like those tricks, but moreso because it would be funny to subject everyone to doing varial flips as well as watching everyone else do them

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2020, 11:11:44 PM »
Have a terrible heelflip so I hope y’all don’t mind I subbed in a back heel

https://youtu.be/t83OgqXDZXw

I also like the idea of doing varial flip and/or fakie varial flip for the next challenge. Not necessarily because I like those tricks, but moreso because it would be funny to subject everyone to doing varial flips as well as watching everyone else do them

Get out of here with that BS Heelflip nonsense, save that for the March 2020 Shalom-off!

For real though that BS Heelflip is the stuff of envy.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2020, 01:20:00 AM »
I’m pretty much learning to flip my board from scratch over here. I’m two nights in, no points on the board. That’s the most time I’ve ever spent on flip tricks in my life. I’m going to try again tonight. If I don’t get it by the end of feb I’ll post a primo fail so you can all have a laugh.

I like the idea of a monthly challenge, motivation for learning new things...

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2020, 02:46:32 AM »
I’m pretty much learning to flip my board from scratch over here. I’m two nights in, no points on the board. That’s the most time I’ve ever spent on flip tricks in my life. I’m going to try again tonight. If I don’t get it by the end of feb I’ll post a primo fail so you can all have a laugh.

I think this thread's purpose is also to help one another learn new things or figure out different techniques, and not just to be a barrage of .gifs. If you post about what exactly you can't seem to be able to do on both tricks, people might be able to give you pointers and help. For both tricks the key is to think of them as normal ollies and then you add that little extra motion at the peak, depending on which one you're trying to do. That's how you stay over the board and then you 'only' have to figure out the technique for the right flip.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 02:48:56 AM by silhouette »

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2020, 03:46:20 AM »
Expand Quote
please stop hounding this man for a clip. we know he cant kickflip
[close]

If only you knew who I was. It would be so much fun to tell you all, and have you guys ask me a million questions afterwards. it’s way more fun to be anonymous and have y’all keep speculating tho and never figuring it out.

U Tracer?

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2020, 04:06:52 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think this thread's purpose is also to help one another learn new things or figure out different techniques, and not just to be a barrage of .gifs. If you post about what exactly you can't seem to be able to do on both tricks, people might be able to give you pointers and help. For both tricks the key is to think of them as normal ollies and then you add that little extra motion at the peak, depending on which one you're trying to do. That's how you stay over the board and then you 'only' have to figure out the technique for the right flip.

Nah, this thread is about outing all the haters on these forums, luring them into reality so they don't hate so hard. Every time posters expose an inch of  their true selves they will chill on the hate 1000%. Its a trap and so many guppies are swimming into it.

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2020, 04:25:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah, this thread is about outing all the haters on these forums, luring them into reality so they don't hate so hard. Every time posters expose an inch of  their true selves they will chill on the hate 1000%. Its a trap and so many guppies are swimming into it.

I feel like it fills both, and it should, everyone wants to learn and progress though and this would be a great reason to learn something new.

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2020, 04:30:33 AM »
finally a day where its not 40mph winds, will try  and get some shit this afternoon

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2020, 06:14:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Keep fighting the good fight ! It’s in your hands now to be a pussy and stay anonymous, for thy rest of us were much too foolish to show us Actually. Skateboarding. 

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2020, 08:19:24 AM »
Expand Quote
https://imgur.com/gallery/PpGPPEL

Not from today, and no heel but i did find this from my phone.
Might have to brave the snow later
[close]
You got the gift kid. Use it wisely.

Glad this picked up. Lot's of people manning up!
Thank you kind sir, but as 35year old man, all gifts I may or may not have been given are fading away rapidly.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #167 on: February 04, 2020, 08:57:18 AM »

I really don't disagree with you (and agree with Paperclip20 that it fills both), but I have a hard time trusting how broad your vision of reality is after encountering takes of yours such as this one:

Also I know this doesn't apply to all girls but if they don't want to be objectified, then why wear sexy ass skin tight / revealing clothing? Don't give me that 'its more comfortable' story either, thats up there with male bike riders shaving their legs and wearing lycra to get extra aero-dynamics BS. Women love to flaunt their shit but get all up tight when a guy notices. Go figure! I'm sure an army of gender police will fire off at this post, but all they are doing is proving the point. Women don't want equality, they want asylum from all things bad in this world.

Anyway I just filmed two kickflips, fuck heelflips, I just have everybody's average form on those and it'd be pointless to post one, just picture a normal semi-mobbed heelflip and it's exactly how I do them. I'll wait for backside heelflip. Slow mo'd the flicks because apparently my way of doing it confuses people, those are also decent representations of what I mean by the ollie then flick-through-the-nose-when-at-the-peak technique I occasionally describe on here.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 09:30:54 AM by silhouette »

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #168 on: February 04, 2020, 09:09:32 AM »
worst flip on slap confirmed. havent really skated any flat over winter mostly indoor mini and what little flatground game i had has been sent to the shadow realm so i chucked an old clip of a decent flip in for good measure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvDlT6aSs7Y

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #169 on: February 04, 2020, 09:38:10 AM »

BWAH! I don't know why but that's the sound I make when I see a gangster ass flick like that. Gotta love the weird colloquial skater lingo you pick up that may or may not translate to anyone from another place and time.

Damn good kickflip silhouette
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: February 04, 2020, 10:05:52 AM »
^^ Appreciate it, to be fair though kickflip has always been one of my favorite tricks. I always kind of broke my skating into games and as a kid I remember I distinctively had the 'kickflip game', where I'd just try kickflips from unusual foot positionings and try to get different forms. A lot of my favorite skaters have very unique kickflips (from Quim to Donger to Gonz to Carroll to Maalouf etc.), so I've always found the trick itself fun to toy around with.

I remember Ben Gore catching me playing the kickflip game once and laughing at me, then doing the same thing, except he did a gigantic flatground kickflip from some fucked up foot positioning, laughed again, kept going then somehow casually hippy jumped through a tire standing upright (which I know doesn't sound right, but it was what it was) that happened to be there on the tennis court we were skating. I kind of started taking it easier on the kickflip game after that.

« Reply #172 on: February 04, 2020, 10:38:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Fair point. Here’s where they are at, then...
Heelflips:
I had heelflips when I was a teenager, but I used to credit card myself if they went wrong, and I remember getting myself a couple of bad one’s in one session, so I gave up. Now they feel like they are within reach, I can flick the board, but it either moves just forward enough for my back foot to miss or goes a little behind me and my front foot misses. If I manage to keep it under me then it flips half way or I land primo. They’re nearly there, just a bit more practice working out how to keep my weight over the board whilst still giving it a solid flick.

kickflips:
No idea! If I kick my foot off the nose the way it looks like everyone else does I just do an Ollie north. I can’t flip the board that way for whatever reason. I’ll keep trying and hopefully something clicks.

Cheers.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #173 on: February 04, 2020, 10:40:49 AM »

I’m gonna have to delete and redo mine yall keep posting shit like this

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #174 on: February 04, 2020, 10:55:56 AM »
Heelflips:
I had heelflips when I was a teenager, but I used to credit card myself if they went wrong, and I remember getting myself a couple of bad one’s in one session, so I gave up. Now they feel like they are within reach, I can flick the board, but it either moves just forward enough for my back foot to miss or goes a little behind me and my front foot misses. If I manage to keep it under me then it flips half way or I land primo. They’re nearly there, just a bit more practice working out how to keep my weight over the board whilst still giving it a solid flick.

kickflips:
No idea! If I kick my foot off the nose the way it looks like everyone else does I just do an Ollie north. I can’t flip the board that way for whatever reason. I’ll keep trying and hopefully something clicks.

For kickflips it sounds like you're missing that ankle flick, you need it to work against the concave. Ollie norths happen when you just kick off the nose, but for kickflips you also need to brush off the concave at the right spot, basically you should aim for the heel-side corner of the nose, feel the side of your foot then your toes against the griptape as you kick your leg out, and experiment with different types of front foot action from there on.

For heelflips to stay under you, pretend you're sitting on an invisible chair, so that your back is standing upright and your knees are what you're bending (it's tempting to just lean over the whole thing at first, but that basically causes you to jump off and away from the trick all the while assuming it's the board that's going away). Landing on the board upside down is always better than completing the flip and barely catching it. Maybe focus on that and just experiment with foot positioning and flicks until you've optimized the flip. From the sounds of it (e.g.. the board going vertical, implying that you tend to miss the flick), it sounds like forcing yourself to 'sit' over the board weakens the momentum of your kick, hence the reduced flippage, but getting away from the board is never going to help you catch it, so you should just focus on optimizing your flip. You're supposed to kick your leg out but while doing so, also extend your heel so that it catches the concave on the way up and kicks it down. When one gets either half flips or credit cards on that trick, the problem usually comes down to lack of control over that part of the motion. Would be cool if you got them back after all these years.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 12:47:18 PM by silhouette »

Whitedude

« Reply #175 on: February 04, 2020, 11:12:00 AM »
https://imgur.com/gallery/uFFRbYh
Didn’t have a heelflip trick i worked that one out today kinda surprised myself
Kick flip definitely not my best my board is waterlogged to shit so I can’t seem to get the right pop
« Last Edit: February 04, 2020, 11:15:48 AM by Whitedude »

moneen

• Rep: -41
« Reply #176 on: February 04, 2020, 11:21:47 AM »
https://imgur.com/gallery/uFFRbYh
Didn’t have a heelflip trick i worked that one out today kinda surprised myself
Kick flip definitely not my best my board is waterlogged to shit so I can’t seem to get the right pop

sickkk half cab heels are mean

« Reply #177 on: February 04, 2020, 12:46:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Heelflips:

kickflips:
[close]

For kickflips it sounds like you're missing that ankle flick, you need it to work against the concave. Ollie norths happen when you just kick off the nose, but for kickflips you also need to brush off the concave at the right spot, basically you should aim for the heel-side corner of the nose, feel the side of your foot then your toes against the grippe as you kick your leg out, and experiment with different types of front foot action from there on.

For heelflips to stay under you, pretend you're sitting on an invisible chair, so that your back is standing upright and your knees are what you're bending (it's tempting to just lean over the whole thing at first, but that basically causes you to jump off and away from the trick all the while assuming it's the board that's going away). Landing on the board upside down is always better than completing the flip and barely catching it. Maybe focus on that and just experiment with foot positioning and flicks until you've optimized the flip. From the sounds of it (e.g.. the board going vertical, implying that you tend to miss the flick), it sounds like forcing yourself to 'sit' over the board weakens the momentum of your kick, hence the reduced flippage, but getting away from the board is never going to help you catch it, so you should just focus on optimizing your flip. You're supposed to kick your leg out but while doing so, also extend your heel so that it catches the concave on the way up and kicks it down. When one gets either half flips or credit cards on that trick, the problem usually comes down to lack of control over that part of the motion. Would be cool if you got them back after all these years.

Thanks man!
I’ll read over this again right before my next session. I haven’t been this motivated to learn something in a long time.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #178 on: February 04, 2020, 12:47:02 PM »
^^ Appreciate it, to be fair though kickflip has always been one of my favorite tricks. I always kind of broke my skating into games and as a kid I remember I distinctively had the 'kickflip game', where I'd just try kickflips from unusual foot positionings and try to get different forms. A lot of my favorite skaters have very unique kickflips (from Quim to Donger to Gonz to Carroll to Maalouf etc.), so I've always found the trick itself fun to toy around with.

I remember Ben Gore catching me playing the kickflip game once and laughing at me, then doing the same thing, except he did a gigantic flatground kickflip from some fucked up foot positioning, laughed again, kept going then somehow casually hippy jumped through a tire standing upright (which I know doesn't sound right, but it was what it was) that happened to be there on the tennis court we were skating. I kind of started taking it easier on the kickflip game after that.

To be honest, hardly anyone can beat Ben Gore at the kickflip game.

This thread is making me much more appreciative of the California sunshine at my disposal (despite getting ass-reamed on my rent/cost of living).

Mort Garson

• Rep: 13
« Reply #179 on: February 04, 2020, 02:21:40 PM »

rad rat's ex-wife