Author Topic: Versace Plug part  (Read 11834 times)

Cranberry Relish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
Re: Versace Plug part
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2020, 01:45:03 PM »
I finally know his name, phewwwwww

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2020, 01:49:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You know you're old when this is the first thing you think of when you hear this kid's nickname.  I'm in the same boat.

My god, I wanted to bang Elizabeth Berkeley so bad back then.

Relevant to video, kid has some fast feet that I appreciated a few times, but other than that, had to watch with sound off, and can't remember a single thing he did ten minutes later.

Anyone remember when Jessie Spano lost her shit over caffeine pills?

Pretty much sums up how I feel about this part.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2020, 02:09:12 PM »
The normal switch flip he did down that last set was infinitely better than that double shit.

There’s some good shit in there but I feel like he wasted a lot of clips on Instagram that could’ve made this part a bit better.  Song is crap, but that was 100% expected.  I guess I’m old, but I can’t wrap my head around that garbage.

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2020, 02:15:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

You know you're old when this is the first thing you think of when you hear this kid's nickname.  I'm in the same boat.

Relevant to video, kid has some fast feet that I appreciated a few times, but other than that, had to watch with sound off, and can't remember a single thing he did ten minutes later.
[close]

Loved that episode.  I still swear that it was ephedra that caused her to lose her shit and not just caffeine.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2020, 03:28:01 PM »
he skates good

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -392
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2020, 03:51:08 PM »
He's good but always doing the same shit. This is one of the only clips I really liked of him because it seemed so random for him

dmemz

• Rep: 26
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2020, 04:01:48 PM »
His style is pretty unique and he is talented but not a very memorable part. Is Versace Plug like his stage name like J Casanova?

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2020, 04:25:31 PM »
Why does this dude ride away from everything like a whiny teenager whose parents just told him to go to his room?

music critic

• Rep: 0
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2020, 04:42:16 PM »
Man, everything in me wants to dislike the part but I'm honestly shocked that this part was pretty good.  Eboy internet skater who never needs to touch the streets to get hooked up, films a full part with hard tricks.  Im also down for chief keef, only complaint is double flips but fuck it I dont even care just still surprised.

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2020, 05:10:48 PM »
Don’t get the hate for this guy. He has a lot of followers and skates to music you don’t like?.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3421
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2020, 05:25:12 PM »
o man dis slaps i could really move to somethin' like dis in da klub

Nicki

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2020, 05:41:49 PM »
Expand Quote
not really my thing and plenty of questionable parts of this..

but dude sort of has Antwuan thing goin' for him. ridiculous levels of ease and control.

for example, the lines at 0:31 and 1:23, like no upper or lower body movement at all
[close]

Though, I agree with some of the other comments that he should have redone a coupe of those clips (the switch  flip up, switch flip down, and the handrail shuv out trick)

kid needs to learn from the boss and redo a few of those. second to last switchflip was mob as fuck. if his whole schtick is doing really good fliptricks that one needs to be redone.

Yeah, there’s a lot of floppy bouncy going on - really inconsistent part, sometimes clean, but often just seems to be falling onto his flips. The slides (x2) and grind (x1) and the fluffed nose manual all seemed kinda thrown in to try to balance it, but it didn’t really work. And no proper lines (not counting “2 tricks lines”) makes you wonder about his consistency. Maybe he should stick to releasing individual tricks on the gram.

I’ll save my judgement for the rough cut....
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 05:45:31 PM by Nicki »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1064
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2020, 05:48:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Loved that episode.  I still swear that it was ephedra that caused her to lose her shit and not just caffeine.

It seemed like all those 90’s shows had to do that “a very special” episode where they deal with some serious thing all the sudden. Like that one Fresh Prince of Bel Aire where they found out Geoffrey was a cutter.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

LittleJerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -16
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2020, 06:11:37 PM »
the nollie heel and tre flip was nice but thats about it
Thats why you're a reject Paul .

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2020, 06:16:51 PM »
This part would go great bundled as a url code with bootleg supreme merch on eBay

Nth syd bear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 328
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2020, 06:22:00 PM »
Songs sucks but heard way worst

Dude good a skater is I like it.. the whole stage name instagram skater thing
he is probably going to be considered a pioneer if that trend really takes off...

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 473
« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2020, 06:42:41 PM »
He's really good but seems, willy nilly, to be hell bent on making slap hate him (sw double/nollie flip, kickflip fs noseslide halfshuv body varial thing out, the song), which is actually kind of funny.

I also agree that this part was inconsistent, gave the impression of some insta clips being thrown together, rather than a coherent whole. Kids won't mind (I saw clips from it reposted on Chinese social media like three times only a few hours after it was up on Thrasher, that's a hell of a turnover), but my old-fashioned self is not really feeling it.

kid casserole

• Rep: 6
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2020, 06:57:28 PM »
I feel like 40 year old me with some 30 years skateboarding should shake my fist at the guy, but every time I see him,  I see a guy who doesn’t appear to take himself too seriously,  it’s even somewhat self deprecating at times and genuinely appears to be having a great time.  Fuck guys,  I like Versace Plug,  I do and I don’t fucking care.  He’s got a pretty style too,  that big back tail 3 shove it was lovely among lots of other shit.  Good part.

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2020, 09:21:31 PM »
I liked it. I did not expect Reynolds's part in Stay Gold, but I was pleasantly surprised at this guy's first street part.

no name cargos plug

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2020, 09:22:41 PM »
If you don’t think this is good skating you’re out of your mind! Dude looks like he’s having a blast and not sweating it at all too.. That said his push sucked sometimes.

Anyone hating on his insta post a insta.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2020, 09:30:09 PM »
The pop out of that smith grind was my favorite part

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2020, 09:39:18 PM »

listentoaheartbeat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 187
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2020, 01:31:08 AM »
I love this generation’s approach (hell, they are actually a generation apart from myself): putting stuff out there, always in an instant, wildly inconsistent, less concerned with the endless refinement and sophistication I have learned to worship. Reminds me of the Live From Earth collective challenging my idea of how music should be produced and published. I won’t start doing things this way, but I find it inspiring. Also, the Sw Flip up, Sw Flip down was beautiful in all its sloppiness. And he knows it, as the slow-mo shows.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 02:10:50 AM by listentoaheartbeat »

Nth syd bear

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 328
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2020, 01:39:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not really my thing and plenty of questionable parts of this..

but dude sort of has Antwuan thing goin' for him. ridiculous levels of ease and control.

for example, the lines at 0:31 and 1:23, like no upper or lower body movement at all
[close]

Though, I agree with some of the other comments that he should have redone a coupe of those clips (the switch  flip up, switch flip down, and the handrail shuv out trick)
[close]

Expand Quote
kid needs to learn from the boss and redo a few of those. second to last switchflip was mob as fuck. if his whole schtick is doing really good fliptricks that one needs to be redone.
[close]

Yeah, there’s a lot of floppy bouncy going on - really inconsistent part, sometimes clean, but often just seems to be falling onto his flips. The slides (x2) and grind (x1) and the fluffed nose manual all seemed kinda thrown in to try to balance it, but it didn’t really work. And no proper lines (not counting “2 tricks lines”) makes you wonder about his consistency. Maybe he should stick to releasing individual tricks on the gram.

I’ll save my judgement for the rough cut....

Haha.. could you be anymore high and mighty

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 530
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2020, 02:11:27 AM »
I feel like 40 year old me with some 30 years skateboarding should shake my fist at the guy, but every time I see him,  I see a guy who doesn’t appear to take himself too seriously,  it’s even somewhat self deprecating at times and genuinely appears to be having a great time.  Fuck guys,  I like Versace Plug,  I do and I don’t fucking care.  He’s got a pretty style too,  that big back tail 3 shove it was lovely among lots of other shit.  Good part.

40 y/o here too and I feel pretty much the same way.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2020, 03:26:59 AM »
three threads about him and his part and interestingly the threads slightly differ in the evaluation of the guy

juuhnuuh

• Rep: -157
  • i love the 90's
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2020, 04:10:36 AM »
I liked it, not the best use of sosa ever but a good one. To be honest the part surprised me in a nice way, it is kinda like when a rapper is really good at creating singles but you are wondering what an album would sound like.

The Nollie Heel - Tre flip line was great, the first bs flip is insane, the sw flip up & down was really nice and last but not least the nosewheelie on the ledge was a great surprise. Overall some miss but more hit excited to see what will be next. A solid board sponsor maybe.   

FrostedPancake

• Rep: 0
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2020, 04:25:51 AM »
dudes got a unique style and has the rare ability to make ugly tricks like vflips and nollie double flips look half decent

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 410
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2020, 05:33:57 AM »
Never really paid attention to this guy.
But I must admit that the part is pretty good.

He does have a certain 'fuck it' attitude that I like, IF it's genuine:
"Fuck these 'expensive' shoes, fuck your sponsorships, fuck it that I landed a 'bit sketchy' ..."

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2020, 06:20:39 AM »
I know I said in the other thread that I didn’t care for this, but I actually kinda enjoyed it. Huge Chief Keef fan, sloppy tricks are cool, he unfollowed me on Instagram, and everyone else seems to hate it. Good enough for me
username checks out
Versace Versace Versace