Author Topic: Worst board graphics ever?  (Read 77904 times)

Mr.Jenkins

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 159
Re: Worst board graphics ever?
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2020, 01:48:47 PM »
Josh Casper gifted me this after a pizza-eating contest (I won). It litterary says worst graphic ever so.. /thread

« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 02:03:10 PM by Mr.Jenkins »

pizza bitch

• Rep: 129
  • mhmmmmmmmm
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2020, 02:13:19 PM »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2020, 03:11:15 PM »
Well this thread has taught me Plan B is fucken dogshit these days.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2020, 03:17:57 PM »

• Rep: 31
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2020, 03:49:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That Gator graphic is a classic, doesn't deserve to be on this list.  Also, I like the Durao graphic.  I always dig what Numbers puts out, though.
[close]

i've never understood why people thought the Gator graphic was sweet--for that matter, really any of the original Vision graphics, and that's coming from someone who has the original Mark Gonzales graphic tattooed...although, that "Old Ghost" John Grigley graphic was kind of cool...but fuck, this shit right here is awful:

[close]

Surprised you don't like it since Andy Takakjian drew both the first Gonz and Psycho Stick. As for the original Vision graphics, Greg Evans designed the op-art Gator and early text-based decks, as well as the ads. In '84 the first Gator graphic was so popular, 3 of 4 skaters I ever saw had one. In a way, those early graphics saved skateboarding. I kept only one deck from the '80s, a Sims Rocco streetstyler, the graphics comprised only of bold "Rocco" typeface, which I believe was designed by Greg Evans.

Damn, you don't fuck with the classic Jinx Batman deck?

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2020, 04:11:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

everybody seems to love this stuff. It’s boring and sterile to me
[close]
this is so funny, yeah these pendeleton boards not the best, but when you scratch it up it looks tite.
[close]

I'm triggered by this. Don P's tenure at workshopalongside Castrucci is fucking magical, best art department of that late 90s-early 2000s era by far IMO. Pendleton decks were utterly original at the time and have been endlessly imitated and bitten from ever since. I have 2 on the wall.

Sorry to be mad. Just didn't expect one of the GOATs to end up in this god-forsaken thread
[close]
Justified anger. Pendleton represents a glorious time in skateboarding, that was lost along the way.

I definitely don't think his graphics should be in discussion of "worst ever".However, while I like that era of Alien, seeing every pro series be some sort of creature or animal over and over again got a bit repetitive. I prefer seeing his art from time to time for different companies.

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 25
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2020, 04:30:30 PM »
This, lol

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2020, 04:32:42 PM »
That Gator "parody" that Gentie Jones did is the correct answer as far as I'm concerned.

It goes beyond being just the worst graphic. 

But he's a fucking psycho, so whatever.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2020, 04:38:23 PM »
I'm triggered by this. Don P's tenure at workshopalongside Castrucci is fucking magical, best art department of that late 90s-early 2000s era by far IMO. Pendleton decks were utterly original at the time and have been endlessly imitated and bitten from ever since. I have 2 on the wall.

those are even worse than the ones i posted

art is subjective, but that is pointless scribbling to me. no edge or personality

no better than the doodles on a ninth grader’s trapper keeper

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2020, 04:40:10 PM »
DGK has some horrible ones.

jennevert

• Rep: 3
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2020, 04:49:08 PM »
anything Nora.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1063
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2020, 04:59:46 PM »
Santa Cruz is the worst because of stuff like this:

Modern day Powell is atrocious as well.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2020, 05:12:45 PM »
DGK has some horrible ones.

[/url]
I weed weed.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2020, 05:52:02 PM »
Josh Casper gifted me this after a pizza-eating contest (I won). It litterary says worst graphic ever so.. /thread

I think this is a take on a big brother cover or some ad.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2020, 05:55:16 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah it was a big brother cover

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2020, 06:07:49 PM »
^The “Worst Issue Ever”.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2020, 07:19:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
this is so funny, yeah these pendeleton boards not the best, but when you scratch it up it looks tite.
[close]

Sorry to be mad. Just didn't expect one of the GOATs to end up in this god-forsaken thread
[close]
Justified anger. Pendleton represents a glorious time in skateboarding, that was lost along the way.
[close]

I definitely don't think his graphics should be in discussion of "worst ever".However, while I like that era of Alien, seeing every pro series be some sort of creature or animal over and over again got a bit repetitive. I prefer seeing his art from time to time for different companies.

This era of AWS (Photosynthesis, Mosiac) had a defined artistic identity, the moved passed the Alien graphic and having every team member as a different animals helped that identity. The current run of graphics feel like generic team boards with the Alien icon being recycled. It's still better than when they had Dyrdek boards with Monster Energy logos all over them.

I know Dyrdek was trying to save the brand but they really shit the bed with these graphics and bastardized the brand identity.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

d00000000000000000000000d

• Rep: -2
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2020, 09:27:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

This era of AWS (Photosynthesis, Mosiac) had a defined artistic identity, the moved passed the Alien graphic and having every team member as a different animals helped that identity. The current run of graphics feel like generic team boards with the Alien icon being recycled. It's still better than when they had Dyrdek boards with Monster Energy logos all over them.

I know Dyrdek was trying to save the brand but they really shit the bed with these graphics and bastardized the brand identity.

Most if not all of those boards were pretty much promo for Monster distributers and such if I remember correctly?

goo goo goo joob

• Rep: 40
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2020, 11:54:01 PM »

How fuckin corny is this shit

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2020, 08:42:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That Gator graphic is a classic, doesn't deserve to be on this list.  Also, I like the Durao graphic.  I always dig what Numbers puts out, though.
[close]

i've never understood why people thought the Gator graphic was sweet--for that matter, really any of the original Vision graphics, and that's coming from someone who has the original Mark Gonzales graphic tattooed...although, that "Old Ghost" John Grigley graphic was kind of cool...but fuck, this shit right here is awful:

[close]

Surprised you don't like it since Andy Takakjian drew both the first Gonz and Psycho Stick. As for the original Vision graphics, Greg Evans designed the op-art Gator and early text-based decks, as well as the ads. In '84 the first Gator graphic was so popular, 3 of 4 skaters I ever saw had one. In a way, those early graphics saved skateboarding. I kept only one deck from the '80s, a Sims Rocco streetstyler, the graphics comprised only of bold "Rocco" typeface, which I believe was designed by Greg Evans.
[close]

Damn, you don't fuck with the classic Jinx Batman deck?

nope, can't do it--never been a big fan of bats myself...am i weird?

i dig this though:

and hey, any of you old-timers remember this shit right here--one of the first decks to have a serious nose if i remember...pretty sick graphic too actually:

GoneWithTheSchwinn

• Mods
  • Rep: -9957
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2020, 02:27:02 PM »
Bobby DeKaiser’s new Quasi graphics are dog shit. Real step down for Quasi.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
FUCK 12

"Watch out or the gazpacho police will get you!"

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2020, 02:48:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

No, it was an old Heath graphic

There's some really fucking good ones in here - nearly all are hilarious

I weed weed.

And I have this one to add. I loved 1031 in the early teen days, cause they were nearby and I was desperate for anything 'punk'. So I was searching for one graphic they had with a goblin coming out of a toilet, and the phrase BEWARE THE BUTT GOBLIN in bold green text. I honestly had that graphic on a t-shirt and would wear it almost every day to school at age 15 or so... Anyway those were silly & golden days, but I digress. I wanted to post the butt goblin graphic, couldn't find it, and found this shit instead

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2020, 03:00:08 PM »
i still love this

TheFandangler

• Rep: 14
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2020, 03:22:36 PM »
There are so many shit brands out there in this day and age of digital globalism, where any kook from Nebraska can just slop his own ‘pro’ graphic onto Chinese plywood.. Probably an app out there somewhere that uses a facial recognition based algorithm to randomly spit out a board graphic for you with the option to in-app purchase and have the board amazon primed to your doorstep. There is a long list of board brands, old and new, that are simply not worth mentioning or acknowledging.

As far as actual, established, recognizable brands go I will say that I have never seen a Real board that I’ve even kind of liked. How they can still afford Ishod is mindblowing. Any board that has ever had the name t-puds, p-rod, shane, nyjah or chris haslam on it one can assume with 100% certainty the graphic is trash. Also any board with the Shake Junt grip tape is instantly trash regardless of the actual graphic.

They can still afford Ishod because they sell a lot of boards. Just because you don't like their graphics 1) doesn't mean they don't sell, and 2) doesn't mean everyone else hates their graphics as well. Also, a lot of people buy Real boards because they're DLX and DLX decks are objectively great.

cherrypepsi

• Rep: 3
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2020, 04:21:15 PM »
Anything Plan B

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2020, 04:39:05 PM »
i still love this

yeah, this rips.

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2020, 04:46:22 PM »
i still love this

Nah, this is one of the best graphics.

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2020, 05:21:11 PM »
Anything Plan B

It really does seem that Plan B has absolutely no art direction...or if they do have a art direction, it's super wack and cheesy

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2020, 05:34:09 PM »
Santa Cruz is the worst because of stuff like this:

Modern day Powell is atrocious as well.

Are you talking about Powell before they rebranded themselves as Powell-Peralta again in like 2009-2010? I would agree that fun era Powell was fucking terrible. Since the renaming they brought back VCJ and he is arguably the greatest skate artist ever in my opinion. So many fucking amazing graphics.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2020, 05:46:31 PM »
haha somebody actually likes modern powell graphics
🤙