Author Topic: Last purchase you regretted  (Read 49776 times)

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Last purchase you regretted
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2020, 12:46:44 PM »
Expand Quote
This one will obviously solve itself but I’m impatient, I bought 53mm wheels and the change from my year old 52s is throwing me off way more than I expected. It’s probably more like jumping from 51 to 53.  I want smaller wheels back but I don’t wanna waste these so I guess I’ll just deal until they wear down.
[close]

I was pretty impressed with: how much this (bigger new wheels) fucked with me, and with the durability/longevity of the wheels. F4s fuckin last. They take awhile to get smaller.
I started to like the more pop tho.
huge respect to the cats who ride the classic 60s to sub 50mm. contemplated doing it but id have to go: 1/4 > 1/8 > no risers just for the wheels alone.

basically hell and back just for some huge ass contact patch in the end
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Vintagebody

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2020, 01:35:14 PM »
Enjoi R7 8.125 Deck. I've been skating alot latly, before I got this board aswell, and I just cant seem to get comfy with it. Its way too stiff and "dead". Like skateboarding something that doesnt work with you, but against you. 

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2020, 01:37:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
This one will obviously solve itself but I’m impatient, I bought 53mm wheels and the change from my year old 52s is throwing me off way more than I expected. It’s probably more like jumping from 51 to 53.  I want smaller wheels back but I don’t wanna waste these so I guess I’ll just deal until they wear down.
[close]

I was pretty impressed with: how much this (bigger new wheels) fucked with me, and with the durability/longevity of the wheels. F4s fuckin last. They take awhile to get smaller.
[close]
huge respect to the cats who ride the classic 60s to sub 50mm. contemplated doing it but id have to go: 1/4 > 1/8 > no risers just for the wheels alone.

You have a photo example? I’ve never been able to be that patient. Sounds sick tho.

Weezil

• Rep: 32
« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2020, 01:43:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

experiencing this now after just having re-upped to some fresh 56mm f4 classics after using my 56mm conical fulls for the last year and a half. they feel big as fuck, also not skating cast Indys anymore so it feels extra weird.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2020, 01:46:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You have a photo example? I’ve never been able to be that patient. Sounds sick tho.

I forget who it is but there's an insta account dedicated to pics of super worn down wheels.

Solid bowlcut

« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2020, 01:48:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I forget who it is but there's an insta account dedicated to pics of super worn down wheels.
@bearingcondoms

danmasontree

• Rep: 10
« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2020, 03:54:36 PM »
I kinda regret this 8.25 Creature I got, its a little too steep for me and I just feel off. My flip tricks are a complete mess too

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2020, 06:01:01 PM »
Enjoi R7 8.125 Deck. I've been skating alot latly, before I got this board aswell, and I just cant seem to get comfy with it. Its way too stiff and "dead". Like skateboarding something that doesnt work with you, but against you.

I feel that. I had a Madness R7 deck before and no matter what I did, it felt super off for some reason.

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2020, 06:52:31 PM »
I've got a good grom setup for y'all.

When I was really young and world industries was still a thing, I got a board with flameboy sitting on top of an icebox with wet Willy frozen in a block.
I got a set of Royal trucks and got a color matched blue truck for the tail and a yellow truck for the nose to match the graphic...

Say what you will 14 year old me was killing the game hahaha.
I don't want to sound like a dick, but 14? I was definitely not expecting you to say 14 after you described that board.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2020, 08:07:55 PM »
I got these adidas vulc superstars awhile ago.  I had the Tyshawn pro models (the name of the shoe, not his current pro model) and for some reason I was stoked on the blue rubbery insole they had.  Flash forward, I get them and they fit weird as hell, and that insole just meant I always had to retie the shoes every time because it would catch and roll your sock otherwise.  Then, adidas rereleased the superstars for skating anyway.  I think they're under my bed somewhere.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #220 on: May 27, 2020, 09:23:44 AM »
Heroin black summer egg. It was fun for like 5 min and then I discovered the Villani football shape which work like heaven for me and in comparison now the egg feels like crap.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #221 on: May 27, 2020, 09:24:44 AM »
Heroin black summer egg. It was fun for like 5 min and then I discovered the Villani football shape which work like heaven for me and in comparison now the egg feels like crap.

How so? Just wondering what the particulars are
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 09:40:01 AM by Ok »

KillDayoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #222 on: May 27, 2020, 10:24:45 AM »

If you're trying to get rid of that egg, I can help you out

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 36
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #223 on: May 27, 2020, 04:05:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How so? Just wondering what the particulars are
Heroin egg feels like tiny even tho is a 8.7 board, also is quite short @ 31.75
Expand Quote
[close]

If you're trying to get rid of that egg, I can help you out
Shipping from Chile would be a bitch probably.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

earthling

• Rep: -1
« Reply #224 on: June 09, 2020, 11:42:15 AM »
Vans half cabs. Vans in general I usually regret but I thought I'd give them another try but I went through probably 6 different laces until I had to shoe goo them which just made them hard to loosen and tighten. And then just as I started to get used to them the soles blew out and I had holes through the bottom. And this all happened in like 2 weeks. Weakest shoes I swear.

midtownatl

• Rep: -10
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2020, 07:06:55 PM »
Vans half cabs. Vans in general I usually regret but I thought I'd give them another try but I went through probably 6 different laces until I had to shoe goo them which just made them hard to loosen and tighten. And then just as I started to get used to them the soles blew out and I had holes through the bottom. And this all happened in like 2 weeks. Weakest shoes I swear.

I’ve regretted basically every Vans purchase I’ve ever made.

Tweekyn

• Rep: 9
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2020, 07:13:58 PM »
Picked up a 5boro 8" to see if I'd like the wood they use (I believe it is Chapman). And it feels so clonky and heavy compared to boards I've ridden in the past. I just can't get used to it. My ollies lag behind a bit and just don't pop like Im used to. I wish I could do something with the deck now.

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2020, 10:02:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve regretted basically every Vans purchase I’ve ever made.

For some reason I'd always go crawling back to vans after trying a different brand and end up with the same all black sk8 hi's. I did this cycle for years but I just can't do it anymore. Vans make my feet feel flat and floppy.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

hillbilly shifty

• Rep: 46
« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2020, 10:06:10 PM »
Picked up a 5boro 8" to see if I'd like the wood they use (I believe it is Chapman). And it feels so clonky and heavy compared to boards I've ridden in the past. I just can't get used to it. My ollies lag behind a bit and just don't pop like Im used to. I wish I could do something with the deck now.

i was just looking at the 8" NY logo deck on their website since i've wanted to try a 5boro deck. i believe their woodshop is south central.
what trucks were you running?

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #229 on: June 10, 2020, 09:13:13 AM »
Not so much my last purchase but my wife gifted me with a Welcome deck.

I like shaped decks for cruising around but I ollied up a curb started to hear a rattling sound looked down there’s a visible stress crack.

Normally I wouldn’t bitch about this but it was second session out so I decided it’s better looking as a wall hanger.
Dueces Bitch's

Tweekyn

• Rep: 9
« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2020, 05:51:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i was just looking at the 8" NY logo deck on their website since i've wanted to try a 5boro deck. i believe their woodshop is south central.
what trucks were you running?

I’m running thunder hollow lights 147 on that board. By no means am I bashing 5boro; I know a lot of people who love their boards but it just wasnt for me.

eckstarr

• Rep: 1
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2020, 01:34:12 AM »
Thunder 148 Hollow Lights, I’m hoping a change from the stock bushings will stop the ridiculous amount of wheelbite I’m getting atm

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #232 on: June 11, 2020, 05:02:59 AM »
Thunder 148 Hollow Lights, I’m hoping a change from the stock bushings will stop the ridiculous amount of wheelbite I’m getting atm

Those are nice, definitely tighten them up slowly
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2020, 07:17:24 PM »
Ordering shit from Skate America / Action Village.

1) Skate America shipped me a cruiser board instead of a popsicle which blow
2) Action Village took 4 days to process my order and the order that is on its way is missing a bunch of items
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #234 on: August 31, 2020, 07:18:48 PM »
Skater xl
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #235 on: August 31, 2020, 07:28:58 PM »
Skater xl

I concur. Maybe cause I am old but I can't unlearn Skate 3 and I hate how you have to use a button to turn in the air. It's just too sim for me.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

MalHuis

• Rep: 4
« Reply #236 on: September 01, 2020, 12:38:52 AM »

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #237 on: September 01, 2020, 04:32:49 AM »
Santa cruz bb wheels

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #238 on: September 01, 2020, 07:55:18 AM »
Definitely the Nike Adversary shoes. If anyone wears an 11.5 and is interested in them, holler.

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 89
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #239 on: September 01, 2020, 08:20:10 AM »
Regret buying this Hockey 8.125 board. Felt so steep and also kinda heavy.
Have loved every single Hockey board I've skated so it really surprised me.