Author Topic: Last purchase you regretted  (Read 49706 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1929
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Last purchase you regretted
« Reply #390 on: July 22, 2022, 11:06:16 PM »
Picked myself a Foundation Corey Glick deck because he rips, graphic was rad too.

Then I took out the tape measure:
8.25 x 31.2 x 14

Took multiple measurements I couldn't believe how short the tail was.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #391 on: July 22, 2022, 11:16:51 PM »
ES Accell Slim Plus - Worse shoe i've ever skated

I second this. I actually got two pairs before I used them because there was some crazy deal.

The colorway is so sick, but my feet hurt just doing flat ground ollie's on those. No cushion at all. Some tech skaters swear by them but I'm too heavy footed for them.

If anyone wants to trade skate gear for some brand new size 9 black red white Accell Slims, pop me a DM.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #392 on: July 22, 2022, 11:47:31 PM »
Picked myself a Foundation Corey Glick deck because he rips, graphic was rad too.

8.25 x 31.2 x 14

What board? I also recently skated a glick 8.25. i thought it was excellent.

Last purchase i regretted is probably some ross gym shorts. A few inches too short for my liking.

O also going to this fucking dentist. Dude charged me an arm and a leg. Meanwhile the hygienist was sitting outside on her break in a brand new Benz. So ass.

That or Bitcoin... Sighhh...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 11:56:00 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #393 on: July 23, 2022, 06:28:16 AM »
Expand Quote

8.25 x 31.2 x 14

[close]

Last purchase i regretted is probably some ross gym shorts. A few inches too short for my liking.

O also going to this fucking dentist. Dude charged me an arm and a leg. Meanwhile the hygienist was sitting outside on her break in a brand new Benz. So ass.

This graphic, websites had it listed as 32 x 14.25, pissed on that.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

EagleassMF

• Rep: 10
« Reply #394 on: July 23, 2022, 08:21:46 AM »
I got influenced by the Ben Degros woodshop video and decided to give PS Stix a shot. Picked up an 8.375 Quasi after riding the DLX 8.5 14.25 wb for nearly two years. 

The decks have nearly the same measurements and quality-wise I don’t see issues, but I cannot get along with the mellow kick and steep nose of the PS Stix. I feel like I barely get a regular pop and I ghost pop everything off the nose.

I try to ride my decks into the ground, but might have to toss this one after a couple weeks.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #395 on: July 23, 2022, 08:55:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.25 x 31.2 x 14

[close]

[close]

Haaaaa i had the exact same graphic. It skated pretty good. I've read on here that foundation uses random sale wood. Maybe you got a bad batch?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #396 on: July 24, 2022, 05:43:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.25 x 31.2 x 14

[close]

[close]

[close]

Haaaaa i had the exact same graphic. It skated pretty good. I've read on here that foundation uses random sale wood. Maybe you got a bad batch?

It definitely could have been from any number of woodshops that one.

More so now either PS Stix or BBS in USA I thought, but there was a time when they were on almost anything, including wood from unknown places.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #397 on: July 24, 2022, 05:45:34 PM »
I got influenced by the Ben Degros woodshop video and decided to give PS Stix a shot. Picked up an 8.375 Quasi after riding the DLX 8.5 14.25 wb for nearly two years. 

The decks have nearly the same measurements and quality-wise I don’t see issues, but I cannot get along with the mellow kick and steep nose of the PS Stix. I feel like I barely get a regular pop and I ghost pop everything off the nose.

I try to ride my decks into the ground, but might have to toss this one after a couple weeks.

I had this issue for a long time (and kept buying quasi and gx just because), but I finally decided to just ollie a bunch to get use to the timing, and now I love the schmidt stix

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #398 on: July 24, 2022, 06:56:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.25 x 31.2 x 14

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

More so now either PS Stix or BBS in USA I thought, but there was a time when they were on almost anything, including wood from unknown places.
It had a black and white "Made in Mexico" sticker, BBS?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #399 on: July 24, 2022, 07:06:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

8.25 x 31.2 x 14

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
It had a black and white "Made in Mexico" sticker, BBS?

Yes, that one definitely BBS.

I wonder if it was just graphic on whatever wood they had available in similar widths?

What I should have said though was some of the "unknown" woodshop boards had different dimensions to the BBS / PS Stix boards, especially given those two might have been listed the same, but with the different measuring methods, PS would have been shorter, but I guess that doesn't help right now.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #400 on: July 24, 2022, 07:47:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I second this. I actually got two pairs before I used them because there was some crazy deal.

The colorway is so sick, but my feet hurt just doing flat ground ollie's on those. No cushion at all. Some tech skaters swear by them but I'm too heavy footed for them.

If anyone wants to trade skate gear for some brand new size 9 black red white Accell Slims, pop me a DM.

The cushion was ok for me, but the toe ripped fully within two sessions and then fucked with my kickflips. Was bummed because those were THE shoes of my childhood that I was never able to buy and they were such a disappointment

bolts the snowman

• Rep: -37
    • follow @nycskatedaily on instagram! avatar image
« Reply #401 on: July 24, 2022, 08:03:05 PM »
nike sb zoom veronas.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #402 on: July 24, 2022, 08:17:03 PM »
Habitat Austyn board, the one with the guitar. I absolutely hated the shape. Had a ridiculously small tail and a weird nose. Couldn't get used to it to save my life. Made me question getting another habitat board.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #403 on: July 24, 2022, 08:21:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The cushion was ok for me, but the toe ripped fully within two sessions and then fucked with my kickflips. Was bummed because those were THE shoes of my childhood that I was never able to buy and they were such a disappointment

Really strange dimensions, haven't seen any BBS decks with those dimensions, I think the WKND (PS Stix) 8.25 CT shape is very similar. Real shame, the shape was looking really good. I emailed the retailer to ask for a partial refund or exchange.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #404 on: July 25, 2022, 12:40:55 AM »

8.25 x 31.2 x 14

Buying online is like this! It happened to me last year but i actually liked that the deck came shorter than what the webstore had written. Now i check a couple of web sites before i order, so i could get more correct info about the decks. The woodshop thread, coz i live in europe and some brands use different woodshops for europe, some eurpean sites like skatedeluxe.com ( a lot of their sizes are wrong, but at least  they have good photos of the concave), some us sites like tactics, skatewharehouse and zumies (of which the zumies had the most correct sizes) and may be one of the best site for messuarments https://r-fskate.com

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #405 on: July 25, 2022, 08:57:05 AM »
Two Blanks from tactics, not because the boards are bad. Just because I broke one after about two weeks and the other literally my first session on it.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #406 on: July 25, 2022, 09:38:34 AM »
like newports.

I had the lakai maite newports with the rubber toe. They were a great shoe. A few months latter, I picked up a pair size 11. and could not it my foot in it, So i send them back. The shoe is discontinued. I find a pair a few months ago on sale for $22 size 11.5. And its way too big for my foot. I cant walk without my heel lifting out shoe.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #407 on: July 25, 2022, 11:45:42 AM »
like newports.

I had the lakai maite newports with the rubber toe. They were a great shoe. A few months latter, I picked up a pair size 11. and could not it my foot in it, So i send them back. The shoe is discontinued. I find a pair a few months ago on sale for $22 size 11.5. And its way too big for my foot. I cant walk without my heel lifting out shoe.

Have you tried the Flaco 2 or Cambridge yet? The fit is kinda similar to the Newport's.
IG: @flowterspace

skatebruh

• Rep: 30
« Reply #408 on: July 25, 2022, 02:56:49 PM »
Thunder Lights and a flat deck. It's not that one or the other is bad, but the combination of the two is really not working for me.

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 43
« Reply #409 on: July 25, 2022, 05:36:35 PM »
Two Blanks from tactics, not because the boards are bad. Just because I broke one after about two weeks and the other literally my first session on it.
That sounds pretty bad, unless you warm up by jumping off roofs...

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 43
« Reply #410 on: July 25, 2022, 06:24:55 PM »
Got the 58mm Mike V samurai wheels. Not regretting them yet... but I thought they were 98a and they are 101a. I'm a little scared. You guys riding wheels that hard (and narrow) in the bowl? Vote below...
A. Sack up and ride them!
B. You're going to die, old man!
C. Lol both A and B
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 06:31:58 PM by gringo_viejo »

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 989
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #411 on: July 25, 2022, 06:37:01 PM »

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #412 on: July 25, 2022, 06:54:56 PM »
Got the 58mm Mike V samurai wheels. Not regretting them yet... but I thought they were 98a and they are 101a. I'm a little scared. You guys riding wheels that hard (and narrow) in the bowl? Vote below...
B. You're going to die, old man!
C. Lol both A and B

Definitely C, going to be great!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #413 on: July 27, 2022, 08:06:01 PM »
Expand Quote

8.25 x 31.2 x 14

[close]
Buying online is like this! It happened to me last year but i actually liked that the deck came shorter than what the webstore had written. Now i check a couple of web sites before i order, so i could get more correct info about the decks. The woodshop thread, coz i live in europe and some brands use different woodshops for europe, some eurpean sites like skatedeluxe.com ( a lot of their sizes are wrong, but at least  they have good photos of the concave), some us sites like tactics, skatewharehouse and zumies (of which the zumies had the most correct sizes) and may be one of the best site for messuarments https://r-fskate.com

Sent the pics to customer service, thankfully he was a skater, and he was able to work out a refund for me. Very pleased with that outcome.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

JK42

• Rep: 22
« Reply #414 on: August 04, 2022, 11:52:04 AM »
Vans skate half-cab, thought they’d eventually break in and stop hurting my feet. Gave up and sold them on Vinted.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #415 on: August 04, 2022, 02:34:54 PM »
got a 4 pack of big water bottles, should've gotten a 6 pack instead.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #416 on: August 04, 2022, 02:44:22 PM »
a pair of state's on sale, could've gotten free stomach poisoning at taco bell for half the price

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #417 on: August 04, 2022, 02:59:36 PM »
justin henry wayvees. leather ain’t cuttin it for me

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #418 on: August 04, 2022, 11:27:40 PM »
got a 4 pack of big water bottles, should've gotten a 6 pack instead.

IG: @flowterspace

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #419 on: August 05, 2022, 04:09:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That sounds pretty bad, unless you warm up by jumping off roofs...

Ehh, i weigh about 190 and am not too amazing at landing bolts. Still a bummer