Author Topic: Last purchase you regretted  (Read 49797 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Last purchase you regretted
« Reply #120 on: February 23, 2020, 03:16:13 AM »
Probably the radial slims I'm currently skating. Not because they're red but apparently I got way too used to the tablet shape and now I'm having issues regarding locking in.
Or I could just stop being a bitch a commit more...

Hey, no need for the negative talk buddy.

Got a 2nd hand complete off a local site, had Venture trucks and a Real board basically new, both of which I wanted to try. Too bad the trucks were 5.0 and the bearings were completely rusted. Now I got to try and resell the trucks.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

eranka

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #121 on: February 23, 2020, 05:05:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Any vans shoe I’ve purchased in the past year has fallen apart really quickly. Whatever glue they’re using does not hold the sole on for more than a month .
[close]

Had some Crockett 2s and I had to use super glue on 75% of the stitching to keep the shoes together. Meaning not just the toe area of my front foot but like, the inner side panel of my push foot. The shoes were literally held together by super glue.
[close]
just got the Kyle Walker shoe after about 10 years of only skating NBs and adidas, first session felt pretty good, by the 3rd session they already feel too floppy for me, i probably have about 8-9 hours of skating the shoe and its not ripped or anything but i dont feel safe in them at all and my feet hurt by the end of the session. shittiest feeling shoes i had in years

bought a Sour board and it went soggy and wore out super quick.
update-

shoe busted open on the medial side and not even on a seam, the suede itself ripped
shit sucks

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #122 on: February 23, 2020, 05:13:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Any vans shoe I’ve purchased in the past year has fallen apart really quickly. Whatever glue they’re using does not hold the sole on for more than a month .
[close]

Had some Crockett 2s and I had to use super glue on 75% of the stitching to keep the shoes together. Meaning not just the toe area of my front foot but like, the inner side panel of my push foot. The shoes were literally held together by super glue.
[close]
just got the Kyle Walker shoe after about 10 years of only skating NBs and adidas, first session felt pretty good, by the 3rd session they already feel too floppy for me, i probably have about 8-9 hours of skating the shoe and its not ripped or anything but i dont feel safe in them at all and my feet hurt by the end of the session. shittiest feeling shoes i had in years

[close]
update-

shoe busted open on the medial side and not even on a seam, the suede itself ripped
shit sucks

Honestly I've never been so utterly disappointed with Vans. They've really fallen off the wagon - the shoes are insanely expensive here in Australia for fuck all wear time. I hate to say it but current Lakai is a more appealing option than Vans at this stage.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #123 on: February 23, 2020, 05:34:37 AM »
Nah the new vans upgrades seem to be a lot better. New gum outsole new materials on the latest models (suede on rowans is sick) and the new popcush better than ultracush. Try the Ave or Rowan

5teve.0h

• Rep: 24
« Reply #124 on: February 23, 2020, 11:46:49 AM »
Nah the new vans upgrades seem to be a lot better. New gum outsole new materials on the latest models (suede on rowans is sick) and the new popcush better than ultracush. Try the Ave or Rowan

The Ave retails for $200 in AUS which is roughly $132 USD. Kinda more than a lot of skaters are willing to pay for a pair of shoes. They seem to be really popular with yuppie soccer mums but

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #125 on: February 23, 2020, 11:52:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The Ave retails for $200 in AUS which is roughly $132 USD. Kinda more than a lot of skaters are willing to pay for a pair of shoes. They seem to be really popular with yuppie soccer mums but
wow yeah, didn’t realize that price hike. No chance. $100 still too much.

TD

• Rep: -2
« Reply #126 on: February 23, 2020, 07:24:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
wow yeah, didn’t realize that price hike. No chance. $100 still too much.

Biggest thing holding me back. It's so insane how high the prices are here for vans, or any other vulc skate shoe. I always try and support my shop, but I know they're feeling the burn for sure on how insane these prices are getting.

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2020, 02:28:01 PM »
I can't imagine paying over 60 bucks for a pair vans, of all shoe brands

ThrashGnar

• Rep: 6
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2020, 05:01:12 PM »
A second pair of Lakai Owen slip-ons. Had one pair and they left great with a sort-of hybrid vulc/cup sole and a slip-on!  2nd paid the suede chewed through in a couple mellow sessions and made me sad. My éS Accel vulc are close enough w/ Footprint insoles so I’m happy again.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2020, 06:48:19 PM »
paid like $59 for the rowans and they’re sick

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #130 on: February 29, 2020, 03:41:13 PM »
Like 2 weeks ago I got some RED radial slims. I knew I would regret it...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 968
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2020, 06:42:29 PM »
This bullshit gram of corporate purps.

That joint is fucking up their shatter so bad they had to knock 10 bucks off grams.

Its the only place open late.  My mistake was saying just gimme that fire forget the numbers I'm in a rush.

18 bucks is 8 bucks too much

quote author=moonordie link=topic=109123.msg3230593#msg3230593 date=1583019673]
[/quote]

that's a nice wheel. I think you will get used to them quickly.

Harder wheels are better I feel.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 07:13:15 PM by Banned from the room »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #132 on: March 01, 2020, 07:07:35 PM »

The ones with the red dragon trim or the fully red scales one?

For me its 54mm Radiam Slims in 99a. They looks great in the package but I can't bring myself to skate anything bigger than a 52mm. I'm liking the shape of Bones V1 and just got myself a pair of V3 Easy Streets. Not ready to make that jump to the fireman.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2020, 07:08:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

For me its 54mm Radiam Slims in 99a. They looks great in the package but I can't bring myself to skate anything bigger than a 52mm. I'm liking the shape of Bones V1 and just got myself a pair of V3 Easy Streets. Not ready to make that jump to the fireman.

54mm is my choice size ;)

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2020, 01:10:54 PM »
All of my Dunks, I love the way they look but the board feel fucking sucks and they're uncomfortable as hell.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2020, 01:15:51 PM »
All of my Dunks, I love the way they look but the board feel fucking sucks and they're uncomfortable as hell.
what size? hard to find nowadays

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #136 on: March 02, 2020, 01:17:15 PM »

Useless - and I only paid $10 for the pair.  Gave them away after skating them maybe twice.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #137 on: March 02, 2020, 01:37:20 PM »
i mean krux just sounds like the word for crap in multiple languages

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #138 on: March 02, 2020, 01:42:47 PM »
Two chicken sandwiches from Popeyes. I know one is enough.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #139 on: March 02, 2020, 01:52:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

These radial slims 54 99
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #140 on: March 02, 2020, 02:26:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

13, thinking about selling em cause I only skate in my Half Cabs or Old Skool Pros.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #141 on: March 02, 2020, 02:28:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

13, thinking about selling em cause I only skate in my Half Cabs or Old Skool Pros.

post em up in the classifieds

bombsaway86

• Rep: 160
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2020, 06:47:56 PM »
Hosoi Hammerhead... total impulse buy. Made frontside grinds a lot easier, made everything else a lot harder

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2020, 08:42:03 PM »
Old pair of one stars....7.5 thought they would fit for sure....too big!  Old converse sizing...

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2020, 05:17:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fair, did you get them on sale? From what I've seen pro models are usually much more than 60 but if you liek them that's awesome. I gotta admit I'm bias agianst vans since my and my buddies have repeatedly had awful experiences with vans like bad suede, soles wear through, etc. I will say the Rowans look alright and it sounds like they fixed the rubber outsole from the marketing but they look too skimpy with no suede around the heel and only single stitching around the lace loop panel. I think for me vans just always look cheap with cut corners but again it's a bias of mine.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2020, 05:32:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Fair, did you get them on sale? From what I've seen pro models are usually much more than 60 but if you liek them that's awesome. I gotta admit I'm bias agianst vans since my and my buddies have repeatedly had awful experiences with vans like bad suede, soles wear through, etc. I will say the Rowans look alright and it sounds like they fixed the rubber outsole from the marketing but they look too skimpy with no suede around the heel and only single stitching around the lace loop panel. I think for me vans just always look cheap with cut corners but again it's a bias of mine.
yeah Skatewarehouse when they had some 15% (I think?) but I also got the black pair at my local shop on Skateshop day for a discount too. Toecap is triple stitched and the heel panel is double stitched. Suede on black pair was better than I thought. Haven’t skated in em enough yet but top laces are getting worn.

whatsreallygood

• what it do dirty
« Reply #146 on: March 05, 2020, 10:23:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
yeah Skatewarehouse when they had some 15% (I think?) but I also got the black pair at my local shop on Skateshop day for a discount too. Toecap is triple stitched and the heel panel is double stitched. Suede on black pair was better than I thought. Haven’t skated in em enough yet but top laces are getting worn.

Toe cap looks solid no issues there, I just meant the collar is canvas, which is where I tend to wear when I do heelflip variations, no issue with the heel panel though. The panel with the lace loops is single stitched though which I find always falls off (this issue isn't exclusive to vans of course). Either way a good deal is a good deal, if they're sick props to vans.

lesserredpanda

• Rep: 15
« Reply #147 on: March 05, 2020, 03:47:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
update-

shit sucks
[close]

Honestly I've never been so utterly disappointed with Vans. They've really fallen off the wagon - the shoes are insanely expensive here in Australia for fuck all wear time. I hate to say it but current Lakai is a more appealing option than Vans at this stage.

Complained in some other threads about this issue... Crock 2s suck. Which is a shame because the OG Crockett's were fantastic. I skate a lot of Vans and have worn tons of pairs over the last 20 odd years. The only time i've had an issue was with Crockett 2s. I've owned two pairs and both had similar rips but closer to the seam. One split open before I even skated them, was just breaking them in wearing them at the office. Had a buddy's who ripped his in the same place too. Was so irked I bought 3 sets of Boo Johnson's Diamond slip ons when they were on sale and skated those for about a year before returning to Vans. Switched over to Kyle Walker's model and love those, looking forward to trying out Rowan's model or some of the new AVE's if they go on sale. Wish they'd go back to the Crockett 1 design way nicer looking and better crafted shoe.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2020, 03:55:22 PM »
Haha seemed fitting

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #149 on: March 18, 2020, 08:23:22 PM »