Author Topic: Last purchase you regretted  (Read 49816 times)

lemonchicken91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
Re: Last purchase you regretted
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2020, 12:54:24 PM »
I've got a good grom setup for y'all.

When I was really young and world industries was still a thing, I got a board with flameboy sitting on top of an icebox with wet Willy frozen in a block.
I got a set of Royal trucks and got a color matched blue truck for the tail and a yellow truck for the nose to match the graphic...

Say what you will 14 year old me was killing the game hahaha.
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2020, 02:24:46 AM »
I just bought some all black és silos and didn’t realize that it was a mesh toe. It’s not where I flick but the thought off it ripping makes me feel uneasy. I really just shoulda bought another pair of symbols.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

l1ll1ll1

• Rep: 56
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2020, 03:53:18 AM »
Bought a Becky 8inch deck. Four sessions in started crackling like hell and now feels just worn out and shitty, don't have any faith in it any more and fucks with my brain. Apparently made by Clutch, skated BBS wood before (not by choice, just by coincidence), the difference is huge.

imposter

• Rep: -63
« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2020, 03:39:31 PM »
I recently got a polar 8.5 its to big and the tail looks weird and the graphic is corny

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2020, 03:07:27 PM »
A 8.375 Plan B blk ice which turned out to be 8.25
Good thing I could send it back to my local and got an Habitat board.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2020, 09:09:45 PM »
hopps boards, they feel like cardboard compared to other generator boards

I'm riding a hopps 8.25 rn, learned a shit ton of tricks on it. Didn't feel that different from other bbs I've skated (killing floor, theories). I think it's a Boston based brand so the locals been stocking up on a lot of them, but I'm not that stoked on the graphics :/

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2020, 04:01:08 PM »
I regret buying skate gear on Amazon (I got a gift card for my birthday, shut up)

Some 5.8 V-Lights popped up for $40, sold by Daddies, but they shipped some standard 5.8 with an awful orange baseplate. Bleh.

My experiences buying from shops (Seasons, Library, and through Parade) during my birthday shopping spree were all great.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2020, 04:03:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm riding a hopps 8.25 rn, learned a shit ton of tricks on it. Didn't feel that different from other bbs I've skated (killing floor, theories). I think it's a Boston based brand so the locals been stocking up on a lot of them, but I'm not that stoked on the graphics :/

I wish Hopps still used Chapman. Stiffest boards ever.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2020, 05:17:12 PM »
I regret buying skate gear on Amazon (I got a gift card for my birthday, shut up)

Some 5.8 V-Lights popped up for $40, sold by Daddies, but they shipped some standard 5.8 with an awful orange baseplate. Bleh.

My experiences buying from shops (Seasons, Library, and through Parade) during my birthday shopping spree were all great.

I’m a broken record with my hatred for modern commerce (aka online whatever), but I’ve always hated my experiences from online shopping.

That hasn’t been the case when i call one of the 35th’s, ask them dumb shit over the phone, and then place an online order. Dunno, I just hate bots

chris.

• Rep: 184
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2020, 05:22:16 PM »
I’ve got my eye on a 35th shop deck and a pair of sale shoes on their site right now. I bought so much shit the past couple weeks though haha.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #160 on: April 22, 2020, 06:57:15 PM »
I’ve got my eye on a 35th shop deck and a pair of sale shoes on their site right now. I bought so much shit the past couple weeks though haha.

Don't remind me, I'm staring at a stack of 3 gripped but unskated boards, 9 ungripped boards, 2 pairs of Ventures, 1 pair of Thunders and 1 pair of Kalis Lites.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #161 on: April 22, 2020, 08:42:41 PM »
Hopefully not the Ventures I'm skating.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #162 on: April 22, 2020, 11:36:21 PM »

Your only regret will be not skating them earlier!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #163 on: April 23, 2020, 06:44:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Your only regret will be not skating them earlier!

After selling all mine, I bugged and got another set of Venture 5.8s. Going to try them with some hard 97a bushings, but if they don't work out I need to accept that I am an Indy/Ace person.

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #164 on: April 23, 2020, 09:15:14 AM »
FA Board

Nose / Tail were way to steep & lasted under 2 weeks.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #165 on: April 23, 2020, 09:26:05 AM »
FA Board

Nose / Tail were way to steep & lasted under 2 weeks.

This has been my experience. For some reason I keep buying ‘em.

Kastel TM

• Rep: 2
« Reply #166 on: April 23, 2020, 09:41:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I wish Hopps still used Chapman. Stiffest boards ever.

trippin on hopps graphics comment, but as for the stilled used Chapman comment, Chapman does not make boards anymore/haven't in a long time. They are pretty much a warehouse for NY/NJ based brands. They still do some screening and heat transfers for boards, but thats about it. Never had an issue with any of my Hopps or Traffic boards.
T 714/369.4920

[email protected]

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 21
« Reply #167 on: April 24, 2020, 01:27:21 AM »
A bought a mini logo a while ago because I was short on dough and omg that deck was terrible. Skinniest 8.25 I’ve ever seen w/ very little nose or tail. It felt like a Walmart shape. You get what you pay for I guess.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2020, 07:46:24 PM »
I'm starting to regret getting the evan smith formula four wheels, the purple and white swirl ones.

CrappyChan

• User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2020, 09:20:59 PM »
Just did some online shopping... Most direct company sites were out of the shapes I wanted to I decided to support my local shop. They were out of my size (anything bigger than 8.5) too so I settled with an 8.5 baker og shape mellow concave. I havent bought this blindly in years but man, this concave is so much steeper than the 8.6 ah board I was riding. Havent given it a chance yet but I almost want to return it. Didnt want to get the quasi because they can be unpredictable, my last one had too mellow of a tail and i felt like i lost a foot off of my ollie. Looking into shoe shopping now and that also seems to be impossible. If no one has what I want but I have a gaping ollie hole and no grip left what am I to do?
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #170 on: May 09, 2020, 09:32:40 PM »
Just did some online shopping... Most direct company sites were out of the shapes I wanted to I decided to support my local shop. They were out of my size (anything bigger than 8.5) too so I settled with an 8.5 baker og shape mellow concave. I havent bought this blindly in years but man, this concave is so much steeper than the 8.6 ah board I was riding. Havent given it a chance yet but I almost want to return it. Didnt want to get the quasi because they can be unpredictable, my last one had too mellow of a tail and i felt like i lost a foot off of my ollie. Looking into shoe shopping now and that also seems to be impossible. If no one has what I want but I have a gaping ollie hole and no grip left what am I to do?
skating barefoot isnt nearly as bad as you think
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #171 on: May 10, 2020, 06:52:22 AM »

Baker mellow shape is steep?
What do you normally ride?
Unless they changed something, that shit used to be real flat

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
« Reply #172 on: May 10, 2020, 12:16:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i think they call the flat ones "OG concave"
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

CrappyChan

• User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #173 on: May 10, 2020, 03:19:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've been bouncing around brands for a minute. Rode an old 3d I found a couple years back and that was a game changerever since I've been looking for the perfect board. Quasi always seems to change their shapes ever so slightly that its hard to rely on them. Last one I had didnt have enough steepness in the nose or tail which fucked with my ollie height. I usually ride really wide boards like 8.75 to 9.25, footballs but I like 14.25 or 14.5 wheelbases. This baker may just feel steep because its smaller and or because I haven't ridden it enough. We shall see
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #174 on: May 10, 2020, 03:42:58 PM »
I deeply regret the 9" Baker Kader I got days ago
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #175 on: May 10, 2020, 03:48:56 PM »
five pairs of HUF clives because they were on sale instead of getting the hupper2s that I knew id like

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #176 on: May 10, 2020, 03:55:09 PM »
I deeply regret the 9" Baker Kader I got days ago

I know that feeling well.
I hate every board, most of the trucks, etc etc that I have.
My problem is I’ll set up something different, meaning much larger, or perhaps much smaller, and then proceed to attempt to skate the exact same way. Wtf is that?!? Obviously my 9.2x14.75x32.5 with 159s is going to skate much differently than my 7.75x14.31.25 with 5.0s. And yet. There/here I am. Getting in whatever the fuck and trying to kickflip, switch flip, 360 flip, nollie flip and freaking out. Amazing.

My personal experience ramble aside, possibly try to do something different with that board: bomb a hill. I guarantee it’ll be different, stable, and possibly a blast. Try some high speed slappys. Board slide a park rail. There is something there that will be fun/enjoyable, even if that set up isn’t ‘the one’

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #177 on: May 10, 2020, 04:14:26 PM »
DC Kalis S. Haven't even skated them yet and one of the hoops for the laces has blown out, rendering them useless unless i shoe goo the shit out of the hoop.

was loving these shoes (even though I’ve barely fucking worn them so far) so I’m gonna see if customer service can change my regret, but for now I’m tight.

*They changed my regret. Customer service hooked it up for the defective pair, I love DC they good peoples.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 07:22:53 PM by YungJugg »

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #178 on: May 10, 2020, 04:52:42 PM »

100 people on instant buyers regret.

Mew

• Rep: -31