Author Topic: Last purchase you regretted  (Read 49414 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
Re: Last purchase you regretted
« Reply #300 on: September 16, 2020, 10:49:32 AM »
also need to know about Busenitz II. Was going to get some, now I am nervous

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #301 on: September 16, 2020, 12:48:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
busenitz vulc II
[close]
Worst shoe I've skated probably in my whole life
[close]
what was so offensive about em?

I haven't worn mine yet but they feel pretty good when I tried them on
back pain and arch pain, others have mentioned alot, search other shoes thread

hot take

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #302 on: September 16, 2020, 02:59:45 PM »
Bought a consolidated deck. It says shine on. Not feeling it.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #303 on: September 16, 2020, 07:05:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Bought a Creature deck at my shitty local named Skate Shack but they also sell bikes and it’s where they mostly profit. Where I live there’s only one local and all their skate products are NHS.

Anyways, bought a Creature 8.2 x 31.9 deck from them and the concave is too steep and the wheelbase is too long for my Thunder 149s. The setup feels so weird and I can’t even land most of my tricks right. One of the worst setups I’ve ridden so far. Even paid $96 for it since there is literally no other way to buy a deck here in Qatar besides online.

I fucking regret buying anything NHS related too. Fuck dem racists
[close]

That is worrying for me to hear. I'm setting up a Santa Cruz P2 (lightly used) next and I'm thinking of what trucks to pair them with. Part of me says stick with Venture 5.6 V-Hollow with a cast baesplate, the other part says ride them with Thunder Titaniums but I'm not sure about the lack of baseplate action.
iirc thunder titaniums push the wb out as much as venture forged plates
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #304 on: September 16, 2020, 07:39:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Bought a Creature deck at my shitty local named Skate Shack but they also sell bikes and it’s where they mostly profit. Where I live there’s only one local and all their skate products are NHS.

Anyways, bought a Creature 8.2 x 31.9 deck from them and the concave is too steep and the wheelbase is too long for my Thunder 149s. The setup feels so weird and I can’t even land most of my tricks right. One of the worst setups I’ve ridden so far. Even paid $96 for it since there is literally no other way to buy a deck here in Qatar besides online.

[close]

That is worrying for me to hear. I'm setting up a Santa Cruz P2 (lightly used) next and I'm thinking of what trucks to pair them with. Part of me says stick with Venture 5.6 V-Hollow with a cast baesplate, the other part says ride them with Thunder Titaniums but I'm not sure about the lack of baseplate action.
[close]

After extensive research it goes something like
Thunder Titanium - +3.15"
Venture Cast - +3.25"

(Actually it was just a revisit here: https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108580.150, same conversation between you and I LOL)
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #305 on: September 16, 2020, 07:43:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

After extensive research it goes something like
Thunder Titanium - +3.15"
Venture Cast - +3.25"

(Actually it was just a revisit here: https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=108580.150, same conversation between you and I LOL)
of fucking course
+1 for the swiftness
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Damoforce

• Rep: 24
    • YouTube Channel avatar image
« Reply #306 on: September 16, 2020, 08:19:37 PM »
I regretted buying a 5boro deck. Was super steep, but maybe I was too much of a sook. But something a little more mellow better for my older legs I think
Just an older guy trying to learn to Skateboard over 30 with developing gear madness syndrome

Join me on YouTube for skateboarding, reviews and ect

flintstagram

• Rep: 80
« Reply #307 on: September 16, 2020, 08:42:48 PM »
You guys have heard of Bronson Bearings, right?

Seriously though, bought a set, they suck. They're the g2s, and the shields are faulty I think. I've had several of the shields get wedged into the bearings to stop rolling. I've also had a couple of the bearings just crap out. Even thinking of straying from Bones was a huge mistake.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #308 on: September 16, 2020, 09:01:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
busenitz vulc II
[close]
Worst shoe I've skated probably in my whole life
[close]
what was so offensive about em?

I haven't worn mine yet but they feel pretty good when I tried them on
[close]
back pain and arch pain, others have mentioned alot, search other shoes thread
This exactly. Instant lower back pain. Don't get those shoes.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #309 on: September 17, 2020, 06:44:02 AM »

Seriously though, bought a set, they suck. They're the g2s, and the shields are faulty I think. I've had several of the shields get wedged into the bearings to stop rolling. I've also had a couple of the bearings just crap out. Even thinking of straying from Bones was a huge mistake.

pals don't let other pals buy Bronson (or Shake Just), please consult with us first next time!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #310 on: September 17, 2020, 12:30:06 PM »
got some lakai protos on super sale but they irritate my Achilles. So I ordered some supra penny's and they were bigger than I expected and they are sold out a half size down so I can't even switch em up. Hopefully the proper cinexs in the mail will do the trick.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 225
« Reply #311 on: September 17, 2020, 12:34:18 PM »
got some lakai protos on super sale but they irritate my Achilles. So I ordered some supra penny's and they were bigger than I expected and they are sold out a half size down so I can't even switch em up. Hopefully the proper cinexs in the mail will do the trick.

Protos gave me the worst heel/achilles blisters ever, but once broken in I loved em. Would be a huge improvement if they softened up that heel-lock hook.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #312 on: September 17, 2020, 12:44:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Protos gave me the worst heel/achilles blisters ever, but once broken in I loved em. Would be a huge improvement if they softened up that heel-lock hook.

Interested to hear about the cinex. I shoulda been had.
I was surprised by how much I liked the protos. Went half size up, coulda gone full size up.

Coffee

• Rep: 36
« Reply #313 on: September 17, 2020, 02:29:28 PM »
I bought some of the FP insoles with the arch support in them, skated in them twice and gave them away.  It would take about 30 minutes of warming up before they started to feel comfortable.  Not for me.  Gave them to my brother and he loves them.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #314 on: September 17, 2020, 02:53:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Interested to hear about the cinex. I shoulda been had.
I was surprised by how much I liked the protos. Went half size up, coulda gone full size up.

Yea im excited to try them. If you need a push, use code SLAPNERD for 30% of their website.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #315 on: September 17, 2020, 07:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
pals don't let other pals buy Bronson (or Shake Just), please consult with us first next time!
Bronson are the worst pieces of shit ever
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #316 on: September 17, 2020, 10:04:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Bronson are the worst pieces of shit ever
The last pair of Shake Junt Triple OGs i had were surprisingly good. That was 2 or 3 years ago. For they’re worth they’re good.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2020, 07:34:20 PM »
I got Aces for the third time. Third time regretting it.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2020, 08:35:08 PM »
bushings? I’m about to buy a pair and seller saying bushings strangely hard and need to be replaced. Don’t get it realy

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #319 on: September 27, 2020, 12:00:38 AM »
I had a friend who has tried every ”stage” of Aces and claim those trucks don’t turn, he swapped all the bushings etc and still same problem. We weight about the same and while I try his board they feel completely fine to me, just like my own set so I’ve come to this conclusion that my skating style is more aggressive so somehow I benefit from
those trucks more. Now he is on Films, I tried them for 5mins and now he is happy but to me those things felt like ventures, way too slow turn so I guess it just prefences?
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #320 on: September 27, 2020, 04:13:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
bushings? I’m about to buy a pair and seller saying bushings strangely hard and need to be replaced. Don’t get it realy
Yeah, among other things. Never going to get ace again. I'm currently skating Ventures which are good but after I hit axle I'll be coming I back to Indy which is the brand that works best for me.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #321 on: September 27, 2020, 11:39:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Yeah, among other things. Never going to get ace again. I'm currently skating Ventures which are good but after I hit axle I'll be coming I back to Indy which is the brand that works best for me.
None of you have gotten past the 2 week trial period to let them break in properly I'm guessing.
Ace turn better than anything with stock everything once you break them in.
Not denying Indy is the best overall truck.

Hombreezy

« Reply #322 on: September 27, 2020, 12:54:18 PM »
Had a deathwish board recently that snapped on a flatground tre after 4 days with no heavy impact skating. Then another 2 days before completely snapping.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #323 on: September 27, 2020, 01:09:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
None of you have gotten past the 2 week trial period to let them break in properly I'm guessing.
Ace turn better than anything with stock everything once you break them in.
Not denying Indy is the best overall truck.

I felt they turned amazing. Just every pop felt so weird to me.

True though I didn’t give them, or myself time to adjust. Just wasn’t having fun with them.

Going to keep em and try again later maybe.

Love the turn and they look awesome on top of that. Something was just... off for me though.

Indys feel the best out of everything I’ve tried. On some ventures for the first time in a long while, and I’m digging these for sure more than the aces. Who the fuck knows haha I’m just going to try to stop trying new truck brands.

Wheels/decks/bearings are no problem, trucks in general are the fuckiest part of a setup i think.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #324 on: October 05, 2020, 10:10:21 PM »
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

dunc

• Rep: 49
« Reply #325 on: October 05, 2020, 10:34:35 PM »
My wife.
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #326 on: October 05, 2020, 11:11:44 PM »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #327 on: October 06, 2020, 05:45:12 AM »
Tired Sigar shape - Love big 90s shapes but the nose was so tiny that it isn't skateable as anything other than a cruiser.
Adidas Busenitz - Love the way the shoes look and how long the sole lasts but I've now rolled my ankle pretty badly in every pair I've ever skated. Scares me back to vulcanized every time.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #328 on: October 06, 2020, 07:41:57 AM »
nice carpet

looks like cement or concrete to me

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #329 on: October 06, 2020, 09:06:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

China / Pricepoint board?

it wasn't supposed to be, cost as much as any normal board.  anyway, i bitched about it in another thread way too much.  maybe i got ripped off, maybe i just got a bad one. looking down at it made me so mad and my anger got the best of me.  i knew better than to fuck with Tum Yeto.  lesson learned!
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower