Author Topic: Last purchase you regretted  (Read 49798 times)

Radim

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
Re: Last purchase you regretted
« Reply #450 on: August 27, 2022, 03:54:15 AM »
Axion Genesis - thought it would be cool to skate a pair but just showed me that I don't like thick puffy shoes. Also rolled my ankle in them and put me out for months.
I am thinking About them. Collectors noticed great shoe quality. Where is the problem?
Fountain of Youth since 1995. Thank you Skateboarding!

Creature 8.0 - Venture 5.2 - F4 52/99a

xrossings

• Rep: 61
« Reply #451 on: August 27, 2022, 04:43:34 AM »
a couple months ago i had some kalis lites and they were gone in like 3 days (shoes usually last me a bit)

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1123
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #452 on: August 27, 2022, 07:46:00 AM »
a couple months ago i had some kalis lites and they were gone in like 3 days (shoes usually last me a bit)

That’s interesting because I was definitely interested in those. Where was the damage the worst?

I had similar experience with the es accel slim which was super disappointing. Toe tore immediately

LebowskisRug

« Reply #453 on: August 27, 2022, 07:58:03 AM »
At the last second I switched the deck I was getting for an April Mariano. Not a brand I normally buy but their 8.3 is the BBS generic I like and Guy is Guy.

Literally delaminated in 2 days. The deck makes a popping sound and is super flexy. So that was a bad last minute swap.

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #454 on: August 27, 2022, 08:43:43 AM »
At the last second I switched the deck I was getting for an April Mariano. Not a brand I normally buy but their 8.3 is the BBS generic I like and Guy is Guy.

Literally delaminated in 2 days. The deck makes a popping sound and is super flexy. So that was a bad last minute swap.

Damn, quite unfortunate. I also skate two April boards recently (that hilarious shane face graphic) as the dims were exactly what I wanted and they held up extremely well. Hope the next board serves you better.

SupremePizza

• Rep: 44
« Reply #455 on: August 27, 2022, 10:59:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Axion Genesis - thought it would be cool to skate a pair but just showed me that I don't like thick puffy shoes. Also rolled my ankle in them and put me out for months.
[close]
I am thinking About them. Collectors noticed great shoe quality. Where is the problem?

Nothing wrong with the quality. For me they fit small and were narrow in the toes. Definitely needed to get 1/2 size up. If you like a puffy thick shoe you'll probably like these.

Radim

« Reply #456 on: August 27, 2022, 12:15:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Nothing wrong with the quality. For me they fit small and were narrow in the toes. Definitely needed to get 1/2 size up. If you like a puffy thick shoe you'll probably like these.
Thanks for reply. Yeah all new axions seems have narrow toes. I like mid to puffy shoes,but with a boardfeel. Like Accel Og.
Fountain of Youth since 1995. Thank you Skateboarding!

Creature 8.0 - Venture 5.2 - F4 52/99a

xrossings

• Rep: 61
« Reply #457 on: August 27, 2022, 03:43:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s interesting because I was definitely interested in those. Where was the damage the worst?

I had similar experience with the es accel slim which was super disappointing. Toe tore immediately
the damage to my kalis lites were definitely worst in the toes

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1123
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #458 on: August 27, 2022, 05:18:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
the damage to my kalis lites were definitely worst in the toes

Sucks. Definitely will avoid them. My kickflips just don’t work with some shoes like that

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #459 on: August 27, 2022, 07:34:21 PM »
SUPERGLUE ALL EXPOSED SEAMS.

And also, fuck a nike.

commie

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #460 on: August 28, 2022, 12:05:40 PM »
IDK what's up with NB 440s I got, because I think most people like them. I definitely prefer grippier shoes, because my feet were sliding all over the place skating transition and I ate major shit multiple times. The soles only lasted 3 weeks, although I have a bad habit of scooching my feet around. Otherwise, the flick was good and they were comfy.

IpathCats

« Reply #461 on: August 28, 2022, 08:12:50 PM »
IDK what's up with NB 440s I got, because I think most people like them. I definitely prefer grippier shoes, because my feet were sliding all over the place skating transition and I ate major shit multiple times. The soles only lasted 3 weeks, although I have a bad habit of scooching my feet around. Otherwise, the flick was good and they were comfy.

I was hyped on the 440s when they came out and got the black/black pair right away. I destroyed them in a couple weeks and was sorely disappointed.

streetmeat

• Rep: 170
« Reply #462 on: August 29, 2022, 05:33:26 AM »
Didn't purchase but I was given a sheet of Pepper grip with a new deck purchase and it's making me want to throw the entire thing away. Theres grippy and then there is grippy to the point where you can't do a single fucking thing cause your feet do not move on the grip.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #463 on: August 29, 2022, 06:20:07 AM »
I had to retire a Quasi Rizzo deck after a couple of sessions, just couldn’t handle the big nose

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 618
« Reply #464 on: August 29, 2022, 07:29:28 AM »
Didn't purchase but I was given a sheet of Pepper grip with a new deck purchase and it's making me want to throw the entire thing away. Theres grippy and then there is grippy to the point where you can't do a single fucking thing cause your feet do not move on the grip.
You just sold me on the pepper. That sounds great

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #465 on: August 29, 2022, 08:28:58 AM »
I regret these stupid FP insoles I had to wait forever to get.  Say what you will, They are trash to me. I got two pairs. Such a waste. Second is I regret paying full price for the Spanky G6. meh.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #466 on: August 29, 2022, 08:36:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Pepper is my current go to and is in no way 'too grippy' as is being implied in that post. Is it grippy? Yes, yes it is.

It's grippy without being sharp (like Mob). Go back to Jessup if you want less grip than Pepper.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #467 on: September 26, 2022, 12:12:57 AM »
LRAB vm001 lows. I had the highs before and liked them.
I then ordered two lows and they felt completely different from the highs.
I use them as my casual shoes now

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #468 on: September 26, 2022, 12:59:46 AM »
dgk tracksuit and globe shoes

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #469 on: September 26, 2022, 02:40:34 AM »
An UMA board, sadly. I dont know how they do it in states, but Im in Europe, and this one had MADE IN CHINA printed on it. I skated many boards that were made in China, so I didnt really gave a fuck, but it was too clunky, soft, thick, just overal not a great experience. I dont know what I was thinking.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #470 on: September 26, 2022, 02:58:33 AM »
Vans Wayvee on the Henry colorway.
Terrible shoe, they lasted 2 weeks and my feet started to get really sore...
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #471 on: September 26, 2022, 06:29:18 AM »

which parts of the shoe lasted 2 weeks. that shoe was my last set and it was a drag. it was the only shoe i was anticipating on finishing. looks good tho

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #472 on: September 26, 2022, 06:30:33 AM »
I regret these stupid FP insoles I had to wait forever to get.  Say what you will, They are trash to me. I got two pairs. Such a waste. Second is I regret paying full price for the Spanky G6. meh.

Yeah I got the thickest FPs and I'm regretting them. I think the orthos seen comfortable for walking around, but I can't imagine skating in these. Arch bruise sounds way more dangerous than heel bruise. Even just Ollie's on flat I could feel how much weight it was putting on the middle of my feet. Also feels like I will roll an ankle.

I also don't really care about board feel, but the board feel was so bad that it felt dangerous. It was like skateboarding in boots minus the ankle protection. The non-ortho ones seem okay... But still too thick for my cupsole shoes (again I got the thickest ones). Opted to slide in G6 instead.

If you grab FP insoles I guess go for the mid thickness? But honestly it bothers me how large of a range of sizes some of their insoles cover, and then they don't give you any visual cues for trimming, nor any guides online.

Not to mention the shipping time (I understand they were slammed due to sale, but it was still bad considering I had to pay for first class shipping), the awful graphics, the box being incorrect and having the wrong instructions on it for heat molding (potentially dangerous since it lists a higher temperature).

Just top to bottom was a shit customer experience. The insoles themselves are clearly higher quality than G6... BUT their website is so awful for figuring out what I needed that I'm coming away feeling like I got played.

Don't take this as a "don't buy FP", but more of a buyer beware. It was so hard to research what I needed and I still came away feeling like I was 0/2 on the ones I grabbed. Like they will get used, but I got these G6 for a fraction of the price and they seem more practical to skating, and have visual cues on how to trim them.

EDIT: I gotta say, the "Moldable heel cup Hi Profile Kingfoam Elite" feel alright in Romero Laced (which had pretty terrible insoles by default) so I guess those will work (still a bit tall, and potentially ankle rolley), but the Orthos seem dangerous for skating. Might eventually use the Orthos in some walking shoes as they feel nice to walk in, but for now I have no use for them. Again, I feel like if I used them in even the Romeros I would roll an ankle for sure.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 08:55:53 AM by FuzzGNU »
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 771
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #473 on: September 26, 2022, 08:40:57 AM »
 :-X
dgk tracksuit and globe shoes

Post that fit

nothing's been the since same

DERBY

• Rep: 254
« Reply #474 on: September 26, 2022, 09:49:40 AM »

skatebruh

• Rep: 30
« Reply #475 on: September 26, 2022, 04:37:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ventures
[close]
[close]
cant leave us hanging like this...without giving the WHY
I have a set of Venture Highs that I set up every once in a while after seeing a pro skate Ventures or when I end up with a board that's too flat. Flip trucks work great, but I cannot stand how they turn. I will switch them out for Thunder, Indy, or Ace within a week.

huggernaut

« Reply #476 on: September 26, 2022, 05:16:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Pepper is my current go to and is in no way 'too grippy' as is being implied in that post. Is it grippy? Yes, yes it is.

It's grippy without being sharp (like Mob). Go back to Jessup if you want less grip than Pepper.

How does grizzly fit into that spectrum?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #477 on: September 26, 2022, 05:47:07 PM »
An UMA board, sadly. I dont know how they do it in states, but Im in Europe, and this one had MADE IN CHINA printed on it. I skated many boards that were made in China, so I didnt really gave a fuck, but it was too clunky, soft, thick, just overal not a great experience. I dont know what I was thinking.

Bummer, my last few UMAs were BBS (had the sticker)

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

How does grizzly fit into that spectrum?

I like grizzly and would put it up there with Pepper; I'd still pick pepper though, I like grip with perforations =D Prepper is grippier jessup / less chunky mob; closer to mob-m80 but feels like there's more/larger grit.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 05:55:19 PM by Xen »

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #478 on: September 27, 2022, 08:43:59 PM »
Nike Blazer GTs - 2 sessions deep and:

2 metal eyelets fell apart- they're not solid but each side is sort of riveted together
Laces are constantly coming untied...feels like they are too short as well (sure easily swapped but still)
They absolutely kill my feat. After each session the sole of my feet just ache and I'm not even jumping down shit or running out that much.

Not impressed.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #479 on: September 30, 2022, 10:48:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

which parts of the shoe lasted 2 weeks. that shoe was my last set and it was a drag. it was the only shoe i was anticipating on finishing. looks good tho
Like the sole felt sloppy and soggy in no time. They're still like new but feel awful
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.