Author Topic: Boards yet to be skated  (Read 2657 times)

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 545
Boards yet to be skated
« on: February 10, 2020, 08:52:16 PM »
I practiced no restraint when I saw stuff on sale and now have a good amount to get through. And I'm curious to see as what people have lined up to skate.

Creature Kimbal 8.38
Creature Jeremy Fish 8.38 (gonna be a wall hanger)
Creature EverSlick 8.25
Creature Baekkel 8.6
Anti Hero 8.38
Quasi 8.5

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Boards yet to be skated
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2020, 09:32:07 PM »
I practiced no restraint when I saw stuff on sale and now have a good amount to get through. And I'm curious to see as what people have lined up to skate.

I feel personally attacked by this statement, that said I'll toss up the boards I have on ice when I get home.

Primitive Diego Najera - Was looking for an 8.25 with a 14 WB, pals on here have good good things about the shape and dims.
Visual Joey Brezinsky - Another 8.25 x 32 x 14.18, thought it was listed as a 14 on Zumiez, again in the pursuit of a shorter WB.
Habitat Globe - Got the setup with Thunder 148 Titaniums at a steal, used it for 1 session before I felt the length was a little hard to get used to. Feel bad for abandoning it, I'll try it again with I get some Ventures.
Real Kyle Walker - 14.38" was way more than I thought I could handle. Have 2 of these, happy to try have 1 as a wall hanger and try it again when I'm feeling up to it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 04:23:57 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 08:44:38 AM »
I'm not proud to post in this thread...

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 09:13:20 AM »
I’m not exaggerating when I say I have more than everyone in this thread so far combined.

Yes I’m seeking therapy.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 09:35:15 AM »
I’m not exaggerating when I say I have more than everyone in this thread so far combined.

Yes I’m seeking therapy.

Does that include boards kept for collection / wall hangers?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 09:41:19 AM »
Expand Quote

Yes I’m seeking therapy.
[close]

I just have 2.  A Daniel Shimizu Heroin and a Coda just because I like the art.  Not much of a wall-hanger guy.  But to answer your question, no.  :-[
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

moonordie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 09:46:02 AM »
Expand Quote

Yes I’m seeking therapy.
[close]

I would say no.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 11:04:07 AM »

Waiting to be skated, love the shape.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 02:56:06 PM »

What's the concave like on that red Santa Cruz everslick reissue? Last time they did that purple one it was really flat.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 03:47:07 PM »

Yes I’m seeking therapy.

It's kind of cute seeing these kids and their 4 board stacks. Almost like we were before our mental illness just full on destroyed our lives and bank accounts. No way in hell I'm showing what I have, mostly because its embarassing but I don't think I could fit it in one picture.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 08:08:57 PM »
Expand Quote

Yes I’m seeking therapy.
[close]

It's kind of cute seeing these kids and their 4 board stacks. Almost like we were before our mental illness just full on destroyed our lives and bank accounts. No way in hell I'm showing what I have, mostly because its embarassing but I don't think I could fit it in one picture.

I think I've got a mountain of around 40 in a storage, I'll post up a photo tonight. But those aren't for skating, just boards I collected over the years that I don't plan on riding.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 08:09:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What's the concave like on that red Santa Cruz everslick reissue? Last time they did that purple one it was really flat.

I think its described as the 'modern concave'. A little steeper than I hope it would be. I don't thin its as flat as the one you are referencing.

I'm determine to set one or two of these boards up soon and just accept I should pass on some current  used shit to some kids at the park...

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 08:56:53 PM »
An 8.74 flight and an &&. Plus a used 9x34 Skull Skates that will eventually replace my current cruiser
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 11:21:21 PM »
Visual Joey Brezinsky

The graphic on that one got me. My favorite Brezinski footage has always been his urban grit phase too. Thought it was some Zoo York board on that pic till I caught the name.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 11:51:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Visual Joey Brezinsky
[close]

The graphic on that one got me. My favorite Brezinski footage has always been his urban grit phase too. Thought it was some Zoo York board on that pic till I caught the name.

Great, now you got me thinking about not skating it to keep the graphic intact.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 01:39:40 AM »
I mean, the brand name is Visual. But nah, you should definitely slay that 7-ply dragon out of existence no matter how much of a collector's item. Depending on what part of the graphics you want to keep intact, maybe you should think your trick selection on it accordingly, say some kind of variation on the forbidden 14, if you happened to hold a personal grudge against Joey you could always just do a couple of Jon West grinds, life is what you make it.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 02:02:58 AM »
I mean, the brand name is Visual. But nah, you should definitely slay that 7-ply dragon out of existence no matter how much of a collector's item. Depending on what part of the graphics you want to keep intact, maybe you should think your trick selection on it accordingly, say some kind of variation on the forbidden 14, if you happened to hold a personal grudge against Joey you could always just do a couple of Jon West grinds, life is what you make it.

They have some pretty suspect graphics but the ladies on the photos are fine........

Boards I got while travelling overseas

Signed AWS boards post Mindfield, 1 with all the riders, 1 with Arto's signature and 1 from AVE

Benny Fairfax (signed), Popwar board on clearance, and 1 Populis board, numbered 44/55

General collection, may skate the Cliche Eldridge board in the future

Warhol series: made some good commission on my first job and treated myself with a set from overseas

Not riding most of them, but I've been dying to show these off.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:30:21 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 07:48:51 AM »
You make me feel better about myself. I didn't post my wall hangers but I've curbed them at 3. Just 3 SC/SMA boards from the era I started in.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 08:00:33 AM »
I still have 3 reissued Blind High Guy 9” football shaped boards that I had planned on skating. I think I bought 6 in total and skated 3 of them.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 08:23:35 AM »
This is just the "to be skated" stash. Probably have a dozen or so on the walls of the house

Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 08:27:21 AM »
You make me feel better about myself. I didn't post my wall hangers but I've curbed them at 3. Just 3 SC/SMA boards from the era I started in.

Yeah I cheated on that one. I have a few Powell re-issues, another Arto Saari Flip board and a Mystery Pete Eldridge board missing from the picture.

I stay in a tiny 610sqft apartment and the storage box I have for boards is bursting at the seams right now.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 09:08:37 AM »

I have this one waiting for when the weather breaks. Hopefully I’ll be able to ride it without getting the song from Serge’s Life of Leisure part stuck in my head.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 03:43:12 PM »

I fucking love that Al Davis graphic. 

michael

• Rep: 4
  • lurkallday
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 04:10:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Signed AWS boards post Mindfield, 1 with all the riders, 1 with Arto's signature and 1 from AVE

Benny Fairfax (signed), Popwar board on clearance, and 1 Populis board, numbered 44/55

That Arto board is rad and I love that Popwar board, Kenny is the best.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 04:12:06 PM by michael »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 04:53:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That Arto board is rad and I love that Popwar board, Kenny is the best.

My board collection exploded when I started making good commissions on my first job and broke up with my then girlfriend; lots of disposable income. Was so psyched to get AWS boards especially since it was the first time we got a load of them in my tiny Asian country, my only regret is not scooping up a Kirchart board when he still rode for them.

The Popwar boards got added when I discovered the wonders of ebay.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2020, 06:27:40 AM »
Expand Quote

Yes I’m seeking therapy.
[close]

still waiting to see the picture of all the skate shit that you have.
good come sausage

Yossi

• Rep: 20
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 07:53:36 AM »
Most of you guys live at sea level? I live at altitude and my wall boards are all warped af. My local shop has at least 100 boards on the floor that are warped. I'd love to stock up on decks to skate, but I'd end up with a stack of twisted shit.

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2020, 07:57:45 AM »
Most of you guys live at sea level? I live at altitude and my wall boards are all warped af. My local shop has at least 100 boards on the floor that are warped. I'd love to stock up on decks to skate, but I'd end up with a stack of twisted shit.

This always stresses me out.

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2020, 03:58:01 AM »
This is just the "to be skated" stash. Probably have a dozen or so on the walls of the house

Got that Quasi Happiness deck as a wall hanger. Kept staring at the shape which prompted me to toss money at DOA when they had their sale. Like that square shape.

Sativa Lung

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2020, 05:22:14 AM »
These aren't actually "to be skated" for the most part, but just stuff I bought and liked enough to hold on to. I have duplicates of the new scumco decks that I wanted to skate (everything except the KT and Nicholson decks) so I've actually tried a couple of those and they're awesome.

The other stuff will probably be wall hangers if I ever move to a bigger place, although I really dig the shape of the scumcolympics deck so that one is hard to hold off on.