Author Topic: Versace Plug part  (Read 11596 times)

Leifkennedy

Re: Versace Plug part
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2020, 09:39:55 PM »
guns are sketchy and double flips are fugly. chief keef aint even dope.
i went to one of chief keefs shows for free out here and every one has club gear on and trainers and i had an aloha shirt and regular ass skate shoes i didn't fit in, then i was yelling "yeah" at all the wrong parts of his songs. he was pissed. i wasn't doing it on purpose, i wasn't supposed to be there at all.

givecigstosurfgroms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2020, 10:01:49 PM »
i went to one of chief keefs shows for free out here and every one has club gear on and trainers and i had an aloha shirt and regular ass skate shoes i didn't fit in, then i was yelling "yeah" at all the wrong parts of his songs. he was pissed. i wasn't doing it on purpose, i wasn't supposed to be there at all.
   Ur lost cheif keef is a musical genius.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2020, 12:34:07 AM »
o man dis slaps i could really move to somethin' like dis in da klub
this is really racist.

Donald Rump

« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2020, 12:35:27 AM »
I enjoyed it, could have done with more ledge and manuals but anyway.

I like the quick combos down the stairs and the switch flip up to rocket switch flip down was rad I thought.

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Rep: 44
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2020, 12:53:12 AM »
I got hung-up on a lyric from the song and couldn't pay attention... "So much ice, I could jet-ski". Not sure what that means. Did he confuse jet-skis with snowmobiles?

I think possibly “the ice”, a common reference to diamond jewelry (usually necklaces, but not exclusively) is hinting at his “drip,” or general prodigal style. Said “drip” effectively characterizes our narrator, assumedly Keef himself, as a member of the high class, for who else would be able to acquire jewelry of the sort? He has so much ice on that his “drip” or style is in excess. Said drip, moving the aquatic metaphor forward, most likely accumulates around him, overtime creating the necessary body of water for him to ride his jet ski on. Hyperbole, sure, but playful and creative nonetheless. Note, however, that the aforementioned jet ski is not metaphorical, but is used here to signal Keef’s participation in bourgeoisie leisure activities, further associating Keef with the upper echelons of American society. Basically he’s got a lot of jewelry, a lot of swagger, and can afford to do the activities he likes, no matter the cost.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 12:56:10 AM by MichaelJacksonsGhost »

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2020, 08:10:28 AM »
Expand Quote
I got hung-up on a lyric from the song and couldn't pay attention... "So much ice, I could jet-ski". Not sure what that means. Did he confuse jet-skis with snowmobiles?
[close]

I think possibly “the ice”, a common reference to diamond jewelry (usually necklaces, but not exclusively) is hinting at his “drip,” or general prodigal style. Said “drip” effectively characterizes our narrator, assumedly Keef himself, as a member of the high class, for who else would be able to acquire jewelry of the sort? He has so much ice on that his “drip” or style is in excess. Said drip, moving the aquatic metaphor forward, most likely accumulates around him, overtime creating the necessary body of water for him to ride his jet ski on. Hyperbole, sure, but playful and creative nonetheless. Note, however, that the aforementioned jet ski is not metaphorical, but is used here to signal Keef’s participation in bourgeoisie leisure activities, further associating Keef with the upper echelons of American society. Basically he’s got a lot of jewelry, a lot of swagger, and can afford to do the activities he likes, no matter the cost.

If he wanted to make a clever aquatic reference to his drip, he missed by a mile with "so much ice". It's too much of an abstraction without any implication that the "ice" is melting.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2020, 08:41:33 AM »
I wonder if this is some sort of stealth marketing by Nike Thrasher and Designer Brands to try to make skaters more likely to skate in ugly ass 300 dollar hoodies than thrift clothes and walmart pants

Something stinks

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2020, 08:44:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If he wanted to make a clever aquatic reference to his drip, he missed by a mile with "so much ice". It's too much of an abstraction without any implication that the "ice" is melting.
wtf haha? ice  "drip" ... melt..  water... pretty synonymous
"diamonds on my wrist stay drippin"

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 506
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2020, 08:54:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
   Ur lost cheif keef is a musical genius.

Chief Keef is the beatles of our generation.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2020, 10:01:09 AM »
I wonder if this is some sort of stealth marketing by Nike Thrasher and Designer Brands to try to make skaters more likely to skate in ugly ass 300 dollar hoodies than thrift clothes and walmart pants

Something stinks

late to the game son, theres plenty rich kids runniing around in £100 palace jeans - ironically they all look like they came straight from the charity shop. idiots.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2020, 10:01:20 AM »
he skis on frozen jets

CreepySweaty

• Rep: 60
  • i am mitchie brusco i have done the 1080
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2020, 12:21:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
wtf haha? ice  "drip" ... melt..  water... pretty synonymous
"diamonds on my wrist stay drippin"

keef is warning the listener of the lasting effects of climate change. it's first-grade type stuff and it's a shame you're not picking up on it.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2020, 12:52:26 PM »
A few decent clips. However, overdone flip tricks down 8 stair size gaps, in out of date skatepark kid fashion is not appropriate for the streets in the year 2020

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 88
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2020, 01:41:04 PM »
You can tell the guy is talented.
I like his loose style.

However, this felt a little repetitive to me. Maybe I’ve seen too many clips of him on Instagram’s explore page. Maybe it’s the spot selection ? The filming ? Maybe his clothes are too much for me. I don’t know. For example, when I watch a Palace video, the fashion/hypebeast side of the brand is nothing compared to the skating, the styles, the spot selection, the filming etc...

Definitely not the worst, but Hyun’s part lacks personality maybe ?

FrostedPancake

• Rep: 0
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2020, 02:30:10 PM »
on rewatch this is pretty good i really like the bigflip over the trashcan and and 3flip nollie bs flip line

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2020, 05:13:49 PM »
A few decent clips. However, overdone flip tricks down 8 stair size gaps, in out of date skatepark kid fashion is not appropriate for the streets in the year 2020

Shout out to Dave for having the one decent thread on this subject.

Yes! People claiming legendary shit and it’s basically 8-10 stair flip tricks, with a lot of after affects/modeling. That nollie heel 3flip clip is getting love because he’s going too fast to put his weird fake nonchalant thing on it. I too love antwuan, the wade d 3flip trick tip***, and the direction of the young god wair’s latest cruising casualness. This ain’t it tho. He’s not ‘bad’. It’s just really dramatic.

*** the stank leg 3flip was cool when one person was doing it, and it wasn’t so serious, and that one person s/o kalis as having the best, and theirs was so obviously different. Once a bunch of brats starting doing it....not so much.

no name cargos plug

« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2020, 05:28:02 PM »

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2020, 06:41:46 PM »
The Billy Marks of 2020.

JB77

« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2020, 02:43:29 AM »
Kid's got a nice style. I'm glad he left some sketch in there and didn't go back and re-film every trick until it was perfect.  He's young and I'm sure we'll see him progress a lot over the next few years.  DGK should snap him up and start flowing him decks today.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2020, 11:04:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
this is really racist.

Except it isn't

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2020, 11:06:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I'm  with frothy on this one. Shit was nonsensical

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #111 on: February 21, 2020, 09:49:22 AM »
If part of my getting old and out of touch is not “getting” this music, I guess it’s not all bad. 

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #112 on: February 21, 2020, 09:51:20 AM »
Wait that’s this scrawny fucks nickname? I’ll see myself into the retirement village now.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #113 on: February 21, 2020, 12:34:20 PM »
As noted by someone else, this is clip he just posted might be better than the whole part

no name cargos plug

« Reply #114 on: February 21, 2020, 04:01:44 PM »
^slight exaggeration but damn!! I don’t think building timeless parts is this guy’s modus operandi at all though. Lots of amazing tricks in there but leaving a few out would have made it a lot better imo.

The people dismissing this dude probably use the term “mumble rap”.

G raham

• Rep: -49
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2020, 06:22:30 PM »
^slight exaggeration but damn!! I don’t think building timeless parts is this guy’s modus operandi at all though. Lots of amazing tricks in there but leaving a few out would have made it a lot better imo.

The people dismissing this dude probably use the term “mumble rap”.
I gnar'd you in my mind for mumble rap comment
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #116 on: March 07, 2020, 02:27:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
this is really racist.
[close]

Except it isn't

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #117 on: March 07, 2020, 05:03:10 AM »
Sounds like you don’t have rhythm. Chief Keef fucking slaps. Look at my fucking avatar. I’ve been listening to Greif, Cephalic Carnage, and Black flag all day. But I’m ‘bout to blast some chief keef rn.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #118 on: March 09, 2020, 01:45:26 AM »

Not my type of skating at all, the music is very bad, but somehow I liked this edit
support your local ramp-tramp

therealstreetpirate

« Reply #119 on: March 09, 2020, 12:19:02 PM »
He puts some really shitty Instagram clips out there. I thought he sucked and he was just getting by in skateboarding because he was Japanese and got swiggty swag. But he is good.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 12:22:12 PM by therealstreetpirate »