Author Topic: Do moves effect minds  (Read 3862 times)

darkelfdruid

Do moves effect minds
« on: February 11, 2020, 10:56:06 AM »
Or is it the other way around? like when I indy grab I'm pretty confidence that its me having an affect on the move I'm trying to pull. But its just a thought that the move you're doing might have more of an impact on the mind of the skateboarder whilst realizing the trick. Mind you this isn't simply chicken or egg which comes first, and the answer cant be as simple as mind over matter can it? <3  :-\ shalom

toe_knee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
  • Get bent
Re: Do moves effect minds
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 11:00:09 AM »
Uhhh what?
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 11:00:21 AM »
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 11:04:37 AM »
Or is it the other way around? like when I indy grab I'm pretty confidence that its me having an affect on the move I'm trying to pull. But its just a thought that the move you're doing might have more of an impact on the mind of the skateboarder whilst realizing the trick. Mind you this isn't simply chicken or egg which comes first, and the answer cant be as simple as mind over matter can it? <3  :-\ shalom

Mind you, as a matter of fact, it is mind over matter.   I have the utmost confident in it.

darkelfdruid

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 11:11:56 AM »
Fast answers today boys all I’m trying to figure out is whether it’s all in my head or if there’s some feedback from the skateboard itself, is it silly to think of the board as having this kind of narrative on the boarder. Are we one with the wooden toy? Or what kind of ratio can we find

darkelfdruid

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 11:12:29 AM »
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post
this may be my intention

no name cargos plug

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 11:14:51 AM »
You’re up cheetah

darkelfdruid

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 11:16:13 AM »
Thank you for all the feedback

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 11:19:29 AM »
I mean depends how well you train yourself/mind. Personally when I was playing music quite heavily and having to do sight reading, especially fast music, they teach u to read many measures ahead of where u are before u get there. In skating i do this with my lines on the fly, like I already mentally prepare where I’m going from the landing of the last trick. Like for instance say I fudge a landing of an impossible in the sense of like I land with my front foot on the nose and then my back foot halfway up the board, which is quite common for an impossible as I’m sure some of you all know. Well if I land that way and I was planning on something different earlier but don’t have to time to position my feet then I’m gonna have to improvise with what I’m going to do next, which if u get stuck in ruts like these often is pretty easy to do since u have familiarized yourself with the flawed landings. I mean this is a very simplistic example, but u can extrapolate many more advanced things from that thought.

When I learn tricks, see I have a photographic memory for visual data, so when I’m learning a trick I visualize who my favorite to ever do the trick that has a body style similar to mine on an obstacle similar to mind. I think of that trick in my head like a 3 dimensional model in say some computer animation software that Pixar or someone uses. Trying to recreate that exact model on the obstacle that I’m skating. The photographic memory thing also comes in hand when friends need help with what skater did what on where.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 11:21:17 AM »
Fast answers today boys all I’m trying to figure out is whether it’s all in my head or if there’s some feedback from the skateboard itself, is it silly to think of the board as having this kind of narrative on the boarder. Are we one with the wooden toy? Or what kind of ratio can we find

Some people let the board control them, some control the board. Case in point is Rodrigo TX versus Max Palmer. Rodrigo controls the board with extreme precision, Max Palmer lets the board control him with extreme imprecision.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 11:24:19 AM by cheetahsheets »

“Big Money
Big Cars

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 11:27:00 AM »

darkelfdruid

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2020, 12:02:20 PM »
So all in all I identify three parts the mind of the skater, the toy itself, and the maneuver which is essentially a combination of the first two this world may never know the real relationship between them and isn’t it all mind after all

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2020, 12:03:03 PM »
cheetah indeed killed it and posts in that style are my favorites of his. What people call being nerdy, we call it having a skate IQ around here, what's the world going to do.

OP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkb1McW9w-c

Material to fuck up your certitudes.

SantaMonca

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2020, 12:04:44 PM »

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 12:09:29 PM »
cheetah indeed killed it and posts in that style are my favorites of his. What people call being nerdy, we call it having a skate IQ around here, what's the world going to do.

OP:

Glen Fox is fuckin insane. It always looks like he is improvising his lines. Nothing planned, everything first try kind of shit.
IG: @flowterspace

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 12:12:21 PM »
^ That's what he naturally does, filming him used to be the most fun of nightmares because every line he'd do, he'd just do it, you couldn't fuck it up and if you managed to convince him to try again he'd still do something completely different, or not even take the same path at all. He's actually toned that aspect down a bit after that clip came out because people didn't 'get it' (the real-life insanity doesn't really translate over to the video part format) and he never mentioned it but I guess some reactions got to him, there was a pretty sudden shift in his skating towards something slightly more normalized for a bit which I actually always regretted, he's a pure at heart type of guy, too good for this world.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 12:15:11 PM by silhouette »

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 12:15:11 PM »
In all seriousness, I think I'm really damn dumb when it comes to skate IQ.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 12:16:25 PM »
For how rad skateboarding is, at its essence it’s dumb as dogshit. Like juggling or tight rope walking. Fucken love it though aye.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 12:21:07 PM »
^ That's what he naturally does, filming him used to be the most fun of nightmares because every line he'd do, he'd just do it, you couldn't fuck it up and if you managed to convince him to try again he'd still do something completely different, or not even take the same path at all. He's actually toned that aspect down a bit after that clip came out because people didn't 'get it' (the real-life insanity doesn't really translate over to the video part format) and he never mentioned it but I guess some reactions got to him, there was a pretty sudden shift in his skating towards something slightly more normalized for a bit which I actually always regretted, he's a pure at heart type of guy, too good for this world.

Thanks for the clarification silhouette, by the way your no comply wallie in balade was sick.
IG: @flowterspace

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 12:21:52 PM »
damn i gotta low skate iQ

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 12:23:39 PM »

OP:

We are collectively raising the skate IQ’s of slap one post at a time.

Y’all know that this mans question is the reason I have a short board, like I have a street board that’s exactly 7.6, where as my normal is 8.25. I skate the short board because I find that if you only skate a big board that you end up letting the board do the work, instead of forcing the board to do the work. Same thing with having more concave because concavity is essentially resonance, for a more but not completely detailed look at this go listen to the PS 9 club. The more spring essentially to your board the more the board essentially pushes back on you.

If you don’t think this works, I actually learned this trick from a friend of Natas and Gonz who both used to practice on freestyle boards in the 80s because they felt without that level of control they were never going to be able to control those massive shaped boards. Facts people.

Also why the fuck is OPs picture the model of a classical Tensor in Cartesian coordinates. Rodney you getting high and posting on here bro?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 12:25:15 PM by cheetahsheets »

“Big Money
Big Cars

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2020, 12:30:14 PM »
Expand Quote

OP:

[close]

Y’all know that this mans question is the reason I have a short board, like I have a street board that’s exactly 7.6, where as my normal is 8.25. I skate the short board because I find that if you only skate a big board that you end up letting the board do the work, instead of forcing the board to do the work. Same thing with having more concave because concavity is essentially resonance, for a more but not completely detailed look at this go listen to the PS 9 club. The more spring essentially to your board the more the board essentially pushes back on you.

If you don’t think this works, I actually learned this trick from a friend of Natas and Gonz who both used to practice on freestyle boards in the 80s because they felt without that level of control they were never going to be able to control those massive shaped boards. Facts people.

Also why the fuck is OPs picture the model of a classical Tensor in Cartesian coordinates. Rodney you getting high and posting on here bro?

Big brain.

exlurker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 546
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2020, 12:32:17 PM »
I do the tricks, not you

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2020, 12:39:46 PM »
In all seriousness, I think I'm really damn dumb when it comes to skate IQ.

damn i gotta low skate iQ

Y’all aren’t dumb when it comes to skate IQ. Y’all just never spent the time to study skateboarding. Most people don’t quite frankly, which is fine and great tbh. If all you want to do is have fun and find enjoyment of skating then go for it! I don’t discourage people from not giving a shit. I just found that over time to become a great skateboarder and to find more enjoyment out of it, then I was going to need to actively study it. I was also lucky in that the cheetah and other big cats taught me a lot. Fact of the matter is most modern skaters don’t care to think that deeply, and that’s no fault on them. Also when you don’t have people like me or the cheetah or Rodney or whoever teaching the masses these things how do you expect people to get higher skate IQs collectively. Skateboarding is like if all the Einstein’s in the world at it, never decided to educate the masses in their writing. Like seriously have you all ever fucking watched 99% of trick tip videos? It’s like a trey flip is like a kickflip and a 369 shuvit, so put your front foot in kickflip position, and your backfoot in 360 shuvit position, and then go for it! Seriously collectively skate IQ is low as fuck because we don’t have centers for this mass education. I try my best to inform you all but it’s difficult when u deride me all the time and I’m just like should I let them in on the knowledge. They will prolly just make jokes, which is ok, it’s slap, but I know I would have many disciples on here.

“Big Money
Big Cars

darkelfdruid

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 02:35:52 PM »
Expand Quote

OP:

[close]

wow cheetah I'm not sure if this makes me feel more or less strange and stupid about these two I never thought I'd use these 139 hangers again until I Frankensteind" them to 49 (USA)baseplates I had and this old Corkys 7.5 “MADE IN US” laying around for an otherworldly reason.. It's all pretty clear think I'll try and skate this
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:00:58 PM by darkelfdruid »

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2020, 03:13:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

OP:

[close]

[close]
wow cheetah I'm not sure if this makes me feel more or less strange and stupid about these two I never thought I'd use these 139 hangers again until I Frankensteind" them to 49 baseplates I had and this old 7.5 laying around for an otherworldly reason.. It's all pretty clear think I'll try and skate this

It’s the divine interconnectedness of all things. I’m just a holistic Big Cat here to open up the brown eyes of all of SLAP. Shalom young cub, and invoke the power of the big cats on your next session.

“Big Money
Big Cars

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2020, 03:26:03 PM »

If you’re doing a trick, you’ve almost certainly seen it done before by someone else.  So really it’s whoever you saw reaching through time and space to tickle your Brain juice in such a way to make the rest of your body juice make that trick.

But you don’t have a perfect image of the trick when you saw it.  You’ve got some made-up approximation of what you saw.  Just some foggy hint of a shape.  A mood...sizzling on the veranda.  That look back on the school bus from your 4th grade crush.  That pear you thought was bruised but would have actually been the best one you ever ate if only you’d given it the chance.

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2020, 03:32:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If you’re doing a trick, you’ve almost certainly seen it done before by someone else.  So really it’s whoever you saw reaching through time and space to tickle your Brain juice in such a way to make the rest of your body juice make that trick.

But you don’t have a perfect image of the trick when you saw it.  You’ve got some made-up approximation of what you saw.  Just some foggy hint of a shape.  A mood...sizzling on the veranda. That look back on the school bus from your 4th grade crush.  That pear you thought was bruised but would have actually been the best one you ever ate if only you’d given it the chance.

I'd attend that barbecue.

deathturd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2020, 05:30:13 PM »

I miss salvia being legal. That shit was something else.

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2020, 05:36:11 PM »
I felt this on a spiritual level