Author Topic: Say something honest..  (Read 54236 times)

Cranberry Relish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
Re: Say something honest..
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2020, 01:46:27 PM »
I can't backside noseslide to save my life. Don't even ask why, I don't get it either.

You're not alone bro, you're not alone. 

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2020, 01:49:15 PM »
Oh and I once faked falling asleep during a blowjob because of how horrible it was.

I've faked an orgasm multiple times with the same woman. I felt bad but she was just so shitty in bed. Had a great personality though in all sincerity.

Also, absolutely garbage at dropping in. I've done it a couple times but it terrifies me. I'm 28 and always just felt like a twat because of how bad I am at it/unexperienced. Always makes me anxious around people so I never do it then I always get anxious because I can't ever practice and it ends up being this cyclical mindfuck that ends with me just being a pussy for not just pushing past it and getting better by practicing. Really defeating at times.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2020, 01:49:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My best friend died almost exactly 6 years ago to the day, and I haven't really skated since.

I think as we got older (late 30's), I only kept skating because it's what we always did together since we were 12.
[close]
R.I.P. Why not have a little sesh in his memory?

Vans as a "core" brand is pretty delusional, but try explaining that to some dumbass billboard kid who also has the shirt to match in case people are confused.
[close]

I can tell you this from personal knowledge. I’m pretty sure I’ve stated it a number of times, so it feels like I’m beating a dead horse, but when VANS sold themselves to VF Corp they had an extremely unique contract situation where essentially they got to keep creative control of the brand, while also keeping complete control of the skate sides money allocation including contests/charity. The only thing VF corp has control of is production and who is selling the product(not just core shops), but the actual marketing and skate team and skate parks and contest series are being controlled by those that were in charge before the change. Therefore comparing them to say Nike or Adidas is a joke because they didn’t completely sell out.
[close]

So basically what your saying is they are owned by a corporation which could hypothetically shut them down at any time if its not profitable.
[close]

No there’s something in the contract preventing this or else VF has to give it back over with all the growth they gave it as well. It’s very complicated but the people who told me, I trust very heavily, prolly more then anyone out there as a matter of fact.
[close]

Let's just say this is wrong....okay.
Why would you skate shoes other than Vans? Maybe you like they way they look, feel, the comfort-ability  they afford your feet.

I just don't understand why anyone would wear anything else than Vans or Emerica's. Trust me I'm pigeonholing myself and I know this, but when I see someone skating in Nike's or Adidas it just looks wrong
[close]

People have been skating Nike Blazers, a basket ball shoe, since the 70s.   Even your Van's messenger explained in a Love Letters how Nike sponsored entire teams like G&S (go look up Neil Blender photos) in the 80s.   

Adidas and Nike were all over skating in the 90s because minus the HalfCab, no one wanted to skate the shitty Van's shoes that were hard to find anyway.   

Then look at whatever the fuck Van's did to try to stay relavent when Es and Axion took over for a bit.  The Cab 5 or 6 or whatever the fuck.   Van's were hurting then.

Then go examine the first issue of Thrasher.  The cover specifically.   Then think about your opinion some more. 

And throw the word "core" out of your vocabulary.  That shit doesn't exist.

You my friend have completely missed the point. I know, and respect, the history of skateboarding to the fullest. I also respect pro skaters taking the money they rightly have earned to put their bodies on the line. Take that Nike Check, take that Red Bull check...cash in from Levi's or BMW

But this is a "Say Something Honest" thread:

When I was growing up... "This is Skateboarding" had just come out and I fell in love with Emerica's. At the time, you didn't see to many pro's rocking Nike's, the first person that comes to mind is Bam in "Jump of a Building" and that was a few years before.

Moreover, I grew up in Northern VA, which at the time had the largest indoor skatepark in the world...go figure it gets torn down a few years later because the mall in which it was built didn't like skaters kids hanging around. Hence, my love of Vans grew out of having this skatepark in my own local city. I wore the Rowley's everyday for years.

So to be honest...when I see kids today skating in anything but Vans or Emerica's it generally bums me out. Occasionally, I'll see someone wearing Lakai's but that is few and far between today. Hence... I don't like seeing people wear: Nike, Converse, Adidas, or New Balance. This is just my own personal preference, but to me, it looks strange

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2020, 01:59:43 PM »
I like Etnies.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2020, 02:12:53 PM »
I've never had a pair of Vans I liked, in fact, I think they're terrible shoes.

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2020, 02:21:12 PM »
I can't backside noseslide to save my life. Don't even ask why, I don't get it either.

I can do them, but always end up back to fakie. I always flop them out back regular.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2020, 02:37:47 PM »
Sounds like a lie, cheetah. Another big claim you won't prove.

You realize the only way to “prove” my “claims” is to basically doxx myself which I won’t do. I can tell you straight up this is one of the 10-20 most respected people in the industry of all time. You could even say he’s the GOAT at what he does arguably. I don’t need to prove anything on an anonymous message board.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Yu Dum

« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2020, 02:56:22 PM »
I can't skate ledges to save my goddamned soul. Every "trick" I do on a ledge feels like a fluke. 

Matt

• Rep: 28
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2020, 03:01:59 PM »
I bought socks with special foam on the shin and ankle bones (the ones that pop out on either side) because I kept getting hit in the same spot on my inner front foot. Worn them once and I think they saved me from a bunch of shinners too so I'm probably going to keep wearing them.
live love laugh

rothdigga

• Rep: 574
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2020, 03:02:09 PM »
I placed higher than Brian Anderson at Tampa Pro, but was beaten by Elissa Steamer (we all did terribly). I did get a trophy in Best Trick, though.
This makes me want to go back and check the results so I can see who you are...since I most likely judged that contest. 
OK...here's a few:
I still skate a 7.875 deck with 50mm wheels and Lo- 139 Indy's like it was 1994
Although I was pro, I've never skated more than a 6 stair in my life...
I'm a huge movie nerd but have never seen: Any Die Hard, Silence Of The Lambs, any of the Lord of the Rings, any Batman without Bale in it and I just finally watched Back to The Future II/III 2 months ago. 

Kylo Send

« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2020, 03:02:46 PM »
Honestly bummed that potential Berrics THPS edit never came out or was never going to happen in the first place.

I get a little anxiety from skaters who chit-chat too much while skating, park snakes, and man babies. Pretty much nothing else bothers me.

Rebecca Black got hot AF in all honesty

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2020, 03:19:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I can do them, but always end up back to fakie. I always flop them out back regular.

What’s the issue? Sticking? Getting into it? What’s the deal?

For the dude going to fakie u aren’t using your shoulders properly. That’s the instant sign of bad shoulders on a back nose. Same with front nose too but let’s stick to backside. If you always go to fakie your back shoulder is drifting out past your front shoulder therefore causing the rotation. Can you do crook pop outs? Working on those would alleviate your back nose to fakie since it requires your front shoulder to stay 45 degrees with the ledge which means really laying into that front shoulder. Tbh the only differences between doing a crook and a noseslide is how you hold your shoulders and how you weight the slide. Like if crook u want to think your pseudo on top of it while also just grazing it, where as noseslide u want it to feel like you are throwing it forward on the ledge. Like if u try to put weight above the nose on a noseslide, instead of pushing out on the pocket rail closest to your heel then you’re doing noseslide the wrong way. Staying above it instead of pushing the rail from the side is what makes u stick ever so slightly the more you slide, hence your back shoulder drifts and u land fakie.

Also it’s much easier to learn on something tall af because it prevents u from trying to land on the nose and not push from the pockets rail.

Cheetah out, shalom
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 03:20:36 PM by cheetahsheets »

“Big Money
Big Cars

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2020, 03:22:52 PM »
I act all modest and humble but deep down I know I'm the shit.

roomservice

• Rep: -209
« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2020, 03:45:09 PM »
I'm the only person in the world who can actually skate and everyone else's skating is a holographic, highly sophisticated deepfake

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2020, 03:49:33 PM »
^That's actually true and I;m the only person who really gets Rick & Morty everyone else is just pretending they do to impress me

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #135 on: February 12, 2020, 03:54:36 PM »
Ive been on Slap for four years and still don't know how to get it to show my username and mot my real name.

Just think, in four more years you'll have 106 posts and a rep of -5.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
« Reply #136 on: February 12, 2020, 04:20:12 PM »
Going what was said off of earlier pages, the etnies marana is a good shoe.

Along with the Adio toro shoes that I stole from zumiez's sale pile before iphones.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 04:21:52 PM by Carrolls Chesthairs »

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2207
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2020, 04:41:13 PM »
I believe that I was actually at my own “peak” (skateboarding) in my early forties.
Until children came along & provided me with lots of new ways to expend my free time, I kept improving.
I went from terrible to mildly awful only AFTER having my femur replaced twice.
Note: I am not a “returning skater” that picked the old hobby back up. Aside from a forced two years (plus) off for the aforementioned leg repair(s), I’ve kept at being a shitty skater since I was a ‘tween-ager.

Also, on a semi humorous note, I recently gave myself an inguinal hernia by wiping out on a slappy combo, because... OLD.
So, surgery next month & at least a couple more hanging around on SLAP with you lovelies while my gut parts mend.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Tracersbrother

• Rep: -195
« Reply #138 on: February 12, 2020, 04:43:32 PM »
Im not really tracers brother. Im his cousin

Tracersbrother

« Reply #139 on: February 12, 2020, 04:44:49 PM »
Oh and I once faked falling asleep during a blowjob because of how horrible it was.
did your sister wake you up???

Tracersbrother

« Reply #140 on: February 12, 2020, 04:46:00 PM »
Im from the midwest but I act eastcoast if you catch my drift

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #141 on: February 12, 2020, 04:46:59 PM »
I believe that I was actually at my own “peak” (skateboarding) in my early forties.
Until children came along & provided me with lots of new ways to expend my free time, I kept improving.
I went from terrible to mildly awful only AFTER having my femur replaced twice.
Note: I am not a “returning skater” that picked the old hobby back up. Aside from a forced two years (plus) off for the aforementioned leg repair(s), I’ve kept at being a shitty skater since I was a ‘tween-ager.

Also, on a semi humorous note, I recently gave myself an inguinal hernia by wiping out on a slappy combo, because... OLD.
So, surgery next month & at least a couple more hanging around on SLAP with you lovelies while my gut parts mend.

Hang in there bro! I’m in the same boat. Keep your chin up and the big cats are watching down on you :)

“Big Money
Big Cars

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #142 on: February 12, 2020, 04:54:59 PM »
the reason i come to slap everyday is to check and see if anyone died
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #143 on: February 12, 2020, 05:41:39 PM »
I've faked an orgasm multiple times with the same woman.

Tried it, but she realized that it was just a Pillsbury Toaster Strudel frosting packet I'd had warmed up on deck just so I could bail sooner.
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2020, 05:57:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I've faked an orgasm multiple times with the same woman. I felt bad but she was just so shitty in bed. Had a great personality though in all sincerity.
How did she not know you were faking orgasms when there was no spunk being expelled?

cheetah, you do. That's a big claim and you're basically saying, "Hey let's spend money on a hear-say because I said it was true! Brought my own gavel". As if.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2020, 06:08:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
How did she not know you were faking orgasms when there was no spunk being expelled?

cheetah, you do. That's a big claim and you're basically saying, "Hey let's spend money on a hear-say because I said it was true! Brought my own gavel". As if.

This person knows the fucking Van Doren’s personally. Like why would I make this shit up. Aesthetically I like Nike and Adidas more then Vans. I’m not a Vans Homer by any means. I find them to be the best actual skate shoes, but that doesn’t mean I’m a fucking Vans Homer. As a matter of fact I think it’s fucked how much better Nike and Adidas are for core shops than Vans. I’ve never found emericas or any other “core” brands worth a shit. Fun fact, cheetah won a bunch of free Emericas in a contest some years ago and found them to be trash. Specifically quite a few Reynolds 3s and I will legit never understand the love for them on here. They look ugly and they don’t skate well in comparison to other shoes.

“Big Money
Big Cars

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2020, 06:30:13 PM »
I have a pair of Ventures and a pair of Tensors both with the same Bones soft bushings.
I find Tensors so much better turning than Ventures they feel nicer over all. It's just the Venture truck shape looks so much better than the Tensors

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2020, 06:48:59 PM »
It took a solid two years of watching skate videos for me to notice that people were sometimes doing tricks switch.

Not most observant guy on the planet.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2020, 06:51:28 PM »
I like mikey taylors part in mindfield more than most of the others.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2020, 06:55:29 PM »
I have a pair of Ventures and a pair of Tensors both with the same Bones soft bushings.
I find Tensors so much better turning than Ventures they feel nicer over all. It's just the Venture truck shape looks so much better than the Tensors

Tensor gang rise up! They are the dark horse brand of 2020 and are still shaking off the gimmicky perception from the 2000s with their plastic sliders and 2 page Transworld ads with more bombastic words than an undergrads thesis paper.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m