Author Topic: Say something honest..  (Read 54158 times)

decoi1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 18
Re: Say something honest..
« Reply #150 on: February 12, 2020, 06:59:06 PM »
I’m scared to skate even average sized ledges now. I used to have a pretty deep bag but I freak out in my head right before snapping into anything and it really bums me the fuck out. I’m 37 and busted my ankle really bad a few years ago and haven’t been able to get it back. I’ll always love skating and will always roll in some capacity but I’m having to accept the fact that the glory days are behind me. Also, I used to think fakie double flips were cool and would always utilize it in a game of skate. Guaranteed letter

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #151 on: February 12, 2020, 07:12:15 PM »
Expand Quote
I have a pair of Ventures and a pair of Tensors both with the same Bones soft bushings.
I find Tensors so much better turning than Ventures they feel nicer over all. It's just the Venture truck shape looks so much better than the Tensors
[close]

Tensor gang rise up! They are the dark horse brand of 2020 and are still shaking off the gimmicky perception from the 2000s with their plastic sliders and 2 page Transworld ads with more bombastic words than an undergrads thesis paper.

Are you fucking high? Independents have the best transition carve and ventures have the best street carve and I don’t think people debate this lol. Tensor are amazing fucking trucks don’t get me wrong but to bring up turning when talking about their strengths is the most ridiculous shit I might have ever heard on slap. That’s like saying the dopest thing about an 18 wheeler is how amazing it’s 0 to 60 is, like what in the fuck lmfao. Tensors flip amazingly and have great resonance when it comes to pop, which obviously the mind that could give cheetah a run for his money developed. Also those “cheap” plastic sliders were AMAZING. It was just hard to sell to people because they found them gimmicky and like why the fuck would u have a non metallic part of a truck u know. That shit actually fucking worked extremely well. I remember as a kid in my skate crew, the other dudes would try to skate Unwaxed ledges and face plant, and cheetah would just roll thru like it was a SoCal skatepark.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
« Reply #152 on: February 12, 2020, 07:24:29 PM »
Yeah tbh i liked the plastic inserts, they worked great
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2020, 07:29:53 PM »
fuck you i have anger issues

fucking, joy

• Rep: 13
« Reply #154 on: February 12, 2020, 07:34:30 PM »
In think Elissa has one of the best styles of all time & her Paradise part was ahead of all East Coast dudes skating like that by at least 5 years.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 976
  • the moon rules
« Reply #155 on: February 12, 2020, 07:42:37 PM »
Sometimes it hurts when my hood gets pulled back and I try to have sex with someone. I get pretty soft and the girl gets pretty bummed out, but I’m too embarrassed to just say “my foreskin hurts” to smooth it over. Maybe next time I’ll just blurt it out and see what happens. It can’t be any worse than everything ending prematurely because the girl thinks I’m not attracted to her

I’m also at the age where my friends back home are getting married and having kids, but I’m skating by myself in a skatepark or parking lot because I don’t have many friends that skate where I live now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
fuck you bama

Tacotuesday

• Rep: 5
« Reply #156 on: February 12, 2020, 07:42:57 PM »
I am 34 and have been skateboarding for 22 years ... I have never dropped in.
"keep doing what you're doing and maybe, just maybe you'll earn enough volcom points to hang with Benji Galloway"

https://www.olympiaskateshop.com/

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #157 on: February 12, 2020, 07:46:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have a pair of Ventures and a pair of Tensors both with the same Bones soft bushings.
I find Tensors so much better turning than Ventures they feel nicer over all. It's just the Venture truck shape looks so much better than the Tensors
[close]

Tensor gang rise up! They are the dark horse brand of 2020 and are still shaking off the gimmicky perception from the 2000s with their plastic sliders and 2 page Transworld ads with more bombastic words than an undergrads thesis paper.
[close]

Tensors flip amazingly and have great resonance when it comes to pop

The fuck?

DiscountCanofTuna

• Rep: 7
« Reply #158 on: February 12, 2020, 08:14:39 PM »
I go to the skatepark by myself 2 or 3 times a week. Every time I tell myself I'll make a friend/find a squad but it never happens.

I even moved to a new city thinking it would help, but nah.

Saaaaaame. And now i'm on the other side of the planet lol. Not that i've been skating because i busted (somehow without breaking the bone) my wrist real bad cruising back from the park right before i left.
2023 Slap Pals Fantasy Football Champion

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #159 on: February 12, 2020, 08:20:43 PM »
I am 34 and have been skateboarding for 22 years ... I have never dropped in.

I broke my ankle dropping in for the first time in 1996. My foot was turned sideways and I ended up needing 3 surgeries. I’ve never learned to drop in since then. I also grew up skating Love Park.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #160 on: February 12, 2020, 08:21:03 PM »
I’m scared to skate even average sized ledges now. I used to have a pretty deep bag but I freak out in my head right before snapping into anything and it really bums me the fuck out. I’m 37 and busted my ankle really bad a few years ago and haven’t been able to get it back. I’ll always love skating and will always roll in some capacity but I’m having to accept the fact that the glory days are behind me. Also, I used to think fakie double flips were cool and would always utilize it in a game of skate. Guaranteed letter

This!!! Me too with everything you said. Including fakie double flips. Double halfcab flips were also often used.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

doublesteveburger

« Reply #161 on: February 12, 2020, 08:25:57 PM »
y’all are fucking so silly hahahaha

billyerlife

« Reply #162 on: February 12, 2020, 08:31:52 PM »
I'm gonna be 36, and I love the act of skateboarding more than ever, but I'm so fucking bored of the media. It's ridiculous, because the kids have never been gnarlier, or more tech, but I just don't give a shit. Maybe it's that this current generation seems to consist entirely of coddled children being treated by Olympic doctors to maintain the output necessary to meet the conditions of their corporate sponsorships, but mostly I think its that I just lost the capacity to give a shit.

I'm a little sad about it right now, but I'm hopeful it'll actually feel good to disengage, just focus on the doing if the thing.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #163 on: February 12, 2020, 08:45:20 PM »
even though i can agree with most of the hate towards him, and think its pretty fuckin hilarious
i do like to watch fat bills edits, and i do really love the fa/hockey/supreme conglomeration

Technique

« Reply #164 on: February 12, 2020, 08:49:41 PM »
It took a solid two years of watching skate videos for me to notice that people were sometimes doing tricks switch.

Not most observant guy on the planet.

LOL
I used to think that some of the clips were just flipped as a kid. No idea where that came from hahah. Obviously, my mind was blown when I finally understood what switch was.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1220
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2020, 12:51:44 AM »
I’ve “lost my virginity” 3 times

Dirty Douggie

• Rep: 11
« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2020, 12:58:17 AM »

I’m not religious at all but my dad passed in august and my girl prob got knocked up in November and I wondered like is it reincarnation?

Wow, i just went through the exact same shit, with the same timeline...:/

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2020, 03:10:45 AM »
Indy will always be a far superior truck than Venture.

Chocolate has better art direction, brand identity, and overall style than any company currently in vogue.

Sole Tech should just pull the plug on Emerica.

Baker currently being trendy still blows my mind. It will always be a little kid company to me, but the team itself rips.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2020, 03:40:49 AM »
There is some heavy shit in here, shalom to all those going through struggles.

To the dood suggested I wear knee pads, it's not that easy. I ruptured my acl/mcl/pcl and meniscus , plus a vertical fracture of my femur.

One one move and my knee is done, again. Sometimes it's just stepping off something akward.

But I keep skating. I've lost alot of tricks obviously,  but I'm somewhat content that in my day I did some pretty cool shit.

Now I enjoy rolling and watching the young bucks do what I didnt think was imaginable.

If you love skating, it never leaves you,  whether you can skate or not. You'll still look at the streets thinking "what could i have done there" etc.

You dont leave skateboarding, its forever

Gentleman ninja warlock

my english is bad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • no hablo english
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2020, 05:38:18 AM »
I really hate the skate scene of the island and fat bill filming sucks

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2020, 05:59:10 AM »
I'm going to SLS London this May...
But hey, I will be there with my good friends and I bet it will be fun.
Nothing wrong with that, why should skaters be ashamed of going to watch pros skate. I went in 2018 and it was a fun evening. What's shameful is the fucking prices though, looked at going again last year and it had doubled. I ain't paying £80 to watch a skate contest for about 45 minutes.

Saying that it is a bit embarrassing being surrounded by skateboarding 'fans', mainly dads with tiny kids who skate, cheering and booing like it's WWE
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2020, 06:01:40 AM »
Ever since I’ve quit drinking my day’s are extremely hard from loneliness and a sense of worthlessness.

My skating is going quite well and I’m a bit on top of my game, I just find it disheartening to interact with people in general because it’s either too young of kids 20’s that want to get faded or old dudes who’re bitter about meeting new people and just want to be a permanent fixture at a bar.

It basically leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I want nothing to do with either, so I remain sad.

Dueces Bitch's

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2020, 06:05:09 AM »
Indy is the best truck for 360s in my garage
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2020, 06:27:21 AM »
I have never felt so unmotivated in my life with pretty much everything since I started working 9 to 5 in an office in 2018.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #174 on: February 13, 2020, 06:29:11 AM »
I actually enjoyed Mid90s quite a bit.  It was more my older cousin's era (who gave me my first complete) and I got secondhand nostalgia because it reminded me of looking up to him during his heyday.  It actually got me back into skating after a long hiatus.

Ianizyeah

• Rep: -59
« Reply #175 on: February 13, 2020, 06:31:47 AM »
I cant be myself when posting on SLAP
Most of yall are a bunch of left wing skateboarder bitches.
Ganging up on those yall deem as kooks.
Fuck yall pussies who cant stand one deep against the opposition. Fuck yall who gotta find safety in numbers.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #176 on: February 13, 2020, 06:34:04 AM »
Indy will always be a far superior truck than Venture.

Chocolate has better art direction, brand identity, and overall style than any company currently in vogue.

Sole Tech should just pull the plug on Emerica.

Baker currently being trendy still blows my mind. It will always be a little kid company to me, but the team itself rips.
I would like to subscribe to your newsletter sir.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #177 on: February 13, 2020, 06:41:33 AM »
Ive been on Slap for four years and still don't know how to get it to show my username and mot my real name.
This was my favorite one.

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #178 on: February 13, 2020, 06:43:55 AM »
I'm only writing these things down for this thread. I don't like to be a hater. I'm all for anyone's idea of skating. These are just my opinions:

I don't want to be as strict as Ricky Oyola when it comes to judging street skating but I can't help it. I don't like turn arounds (do a 180 trick or do a trick in the stance you landed) or switch mongo (push switch). I still love all the classic skate footage I grew up on but I just wish every switch mongo push was a switch push. I can't help it. One of my favorite parts, for example, is Lavar McBride in Trilogy. Most of the time he does switch mongo but then sometimes he does a switch push... and his switch push is good!

I don't like "dork tricks" as we rudely called them when I grew up. I will make an exception for tasteful no complies. One is enough for a part. I like creative street skating but I'd much rather watch simple, classic, trick selection.

I don't like overly close fish eye shots. I like close, but there is such thing as too close. I don't like tilted shots. I want the horizon to be level in the frame the whole time.

I really enjoy watching transition and vert skating more now than as a kid, but I still can't skate it. Even rock to fakies on little quarters scare me when I do them. I hope to one day have access to a mini ramp and finally learn it. It looks so fun. Pivot fakies are true thing of beauty and I want that trick.

I have come to really respect people who pad up and wear a helmet. I'm even considering it to get me to start skating transition.

I cannot slappy. I make the excuse that my city has very few curbs conducive to the trick and generally the concrete just totally sucks here.

I took a break from skating from 2006 to 2012.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 10:15:29 AM by cricketclub »
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2020, 06:45:51 AM »
Besides a select few skaters, I don’t think skateboarding has ever been as boring as it is now.