Author Topic: Say something honest..  (Read 54168 times)

cricketclub

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
Re: Say something honest..
« Reply #210 on: February 13, 2020, 12:46:34 PM »
I would love to regularly watch SKATELINE but the sound quality is terrible on headphones. Or anything really. Straight up painful on headphones though.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

DangerJP

• Rep: 2
« Reply #211 on: February 13, 2020, 12:59:22 PM »
- I suck at skating, but I like to think that my unconditional love for it compensates.
- I'm convinced that having good "fits" allows me to stay relevant at the skatepark. Right now, I'm back at wearing loose/baggy pants. And I'm 38. I'm the worst.
- I secretly hope that Brandon Biebel is actually trolling SLAP/the whole internet with his weird antics (you know the vibes...). I just loved the guy's skating back in the Yeah Right days and I just feel bad laughing at his IG posts. Social media really ruined everything.

Dr Dew

« Reply #212 on: February 13, 2020, 01:13:05 PM »
I abhor the roll away trick after a heavy rail or gap, something about it pisses me off to no end.

I’ve changed my opinions about the whole group hug thing in some ways it validates how hard the trick was and how long it took to perfect it., but a solid high five and a Beagle bump is waaay better.

fuck a group hug, 2020 we're dogpiling our homies after they land the trick

dpelevator

• Rep: 6
« Reply #213 on: February 13, 2020, 01:14:37 PM »
the slap message board is a pale comparison to it's former self

Im actually impressed it is as strong as it is still. Forums like this have all died and been folded in subreddits where they become super lame. I've had a few usernames over the past 14 years and its never felt like it was dying which is shocking. This is some web 1.0 stuff still going strong. Its changed in the same way skating has changed. But its still the best place on the internet for people who love skateboarding and are elitist about it (like me).

FrostedPancake

• Rep: 0
« Reply #214 on: February 13, 2020, 01:18:23 PM »

- I secretly hope that Brandon Biebel is actually trolling SLAP/the whole internet with his weird antics

He 100% isn't

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #215 on: February 13, 2020, 01:36:32 PM »
Since it’s useless wooden toy talk and not off topic.

I think hardflips are ugly (partially because jealous I can’t do them)

I suck at manuals besides the basic ones.

I’m confident I can do or learn most ledge tricks but I’ve come to terms with the fact I’ll never be able to nollie crook or switch back tail and it makes me sad.

I can skate most transition but I get shy trying to learn how to skate private bowls because it’s usually a big session so I never go to them.

I don’t really care about most videos or watch any until my roommates put them on.

I’ve never Ollied down something bigger than a 7 stair.

I’ve been skating longer than I haven’t been skating.

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #216 on: February 13, 2020, 02:10:52 PM »
In street contests, I always thought it was weird that it's considered okay to pick up your board and walk across the platform and drop in somewhere else. In the 1980s and 1990s it was more about staying on your board and keeping your flow, getting speed naturally instead of getting to reposition entirely.

It's somewhat okay to drop in right where you got up on the quarter pipe, like Dennis B in his Tampa winning run

But when people pick up their board and walk some distance across the course to reset, it feels a bit like golf.

Just my opinion though  :D

Wtf is  Minute 1:06 please? a small nbd? never seen someone doing that
https://youtu.be/jtsEniVrp_U?t=66

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #217 on: February 13, 2020, 02:17:19 PM »
- I suck at skating, but I like to think that my unconditional love for it compensates.
- I'm convinced that having good "fits" allows me to stay relevant at the skatepark. Right now, I'm back at wearing loose/baggy pants. And I'm 38. I'm the worst.
- I secretly hope that Brandon Biebel is actually trolling SLAP/the whole internet with his weird antics (you know the vibes...). I just loved the guy's skating back in the Yeah Right days and I just feel bad laughing at his IG posts. Social media really ruined everything.

everything about this!

Tracersbrother

• Rep: -195
« Reply #218 on: February 13, 2020, 02:25:17 PM »
I used to ride for the worst board brand in the late 90s. If someone can guess the brand I'll send them a package

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #219 on: February 13, 2020, 02:33:38 PM »
Expand Quote
I abhor the roll away trick after a heavy rail or gap, something about it pisses me off to no end.

I’ve changed my opinions about the whole group hug thing in some ways it validates how hard the trick was and how long it took to perfect it., but a solid high five and a Beagle bump is waaay better.
[close]

fuck a group hug, 2020 we're dogpiling our homies after they land the trick

What? Nah-you got it twisted. We kissing our homies goodnight in this bitch.

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #220 on: February 13, 2020, 02:52:18 PM »
90% of ledge skaters wax the corner edge of stuff instead of the top or the side like theyre supposed to.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #221 on: February 13, 2020, 02:57:40 PM »
I cannot slappy. I make the excuse that my city has very few curbs conducive to the trick
Talk to sneaky secrets and he can break it down for you. Haven’t gotten a chance to try yet but I will be because of his tips. He fronts like he sucks but he ain’t bad.  ;)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #222 on: February 13, 2020, 03:18:01 PM »
I don’t like taking a shit unless I’m about to take a shower. And I refuse to learn impossibles, they always do that weird mike mo  late flip impossible and I’ve landed about a hundred of those by accident but never a real impossible.

are you Donovan
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Nag Champa

• Rep: -29
« Reply #223 on: February 13, 2020, 03:19:21 PM »
Never done a nollie flip or nose manual, have tried them for twenty years, not happening.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 972
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #224 on: February 13, 2020, 03:20:35 PM »
I like one of Jereme Rogers songs. A lot. Is kinda shocking how much I like that one.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2020, 04:00:58 PM »
I ollied a 13 stair in 2007

WPG

• Rep: -3
« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2020, 04:51:27 PM »
I really wanna see someone skate Bristol motorspeedway or any nascar tracks with steep banking fuck it get someone to land a couple tricks before the Daytona 500 Sunday
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2020, 05:02:47 PM »
It bums me out that I’ve had like 25 years of trying tre flips and heel flips and can’t do either. What’s the secret to those? I can kickflip. I even used to switch kickflip so it’s not like I have no flatground skills.

mongopushingmallgraber

• Rep: 31
    • Voicemail avatar image
« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2020, 05:27:22 PM »
I realized that the dudes I spent a lot of my life looking up to, are total scumbags.  Once I started to look up to positive role models, and diversifying my friend group with people that have goals and aspirations outside of skating, I watched my life become extremely more productive and rewarding. Even though this feeling makes me feel like I am starting to fall out of love with skateboarding, I will forever grateful for skating and all the amazing memories in my life that have come with it.  I will always skate, but I am at the time in my life where I need to start looking out for my future self and go make shit happen.  In the end I know I wouldnt be me without skating. Shalom

Mort Garson

• Rep: 13
« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2020, 06:13:10 PM »
I wish I could pressure flip.
rad rat's ex-wife

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2020, 06:13:14 PM »
I forget that I’ve seen shows on Netflix. Like when You season 2 came out; I read the description and thought: oh I’ll start with season 1, then Netflix showed that I already watched season 1 and as I watched it every episode I was like, ooooh I remember this.
This has happened with multiple shows that I’ve watched on Netflix. Erased from my memory.
I did my first crooked grind at age 30 (or 31? Idr) and I don’t ollien into them.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #231 on: February 13, 2020, 06:15:19 PM »
I was here a while ago and focused because most of you are idiots.
Now I'm back just so I can sell stuff.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2020, 06:17:58 PM »
I have never, ever, ever, given a fuck about anything Jamie Thomas did, besides his online business shenanigans.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2020, 06:23:36 PM »
I'm pretty hyped to see skateboarding in the Olympics.

Tracersbrother

• Rep: -195
« Reply #234 on: February 13, 2020, 06:24:37 PM »

What are you selling cause I am buying. I got the scrillaz if you got the d

Coffee

• Rep: 40
« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2020, 06:27:43 PM »
I started skating again 5 years ago after a 12 year break and I can’t get my flip tricks back. Like in 5 years I’ve landed maybe 10 varial flips and thats it. For some reason when I try kickflips or heelflips my font foot just refuses to land on my board. Also I hate skating transition but it’s winter in the Midwest and the only indoor park where I live is almost all transition so at 36 I’m trying to learn all the basic shit I should have learned 20 years ago.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #236 on: February 13, 2020, 06:47:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What are you selling cause I am buying. I got the scrillaz if you got the d

Coming soon little g...

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #237 on: February 13, 2020, 06:56:45 PM »
It bums me out that I’ve had like 25 years of trying tre flips and heel flips and can’t do either. What’s the secret to those? I can kickflip. I even used to switch kickflip so it’s not like I have no flatground skills.

So you wanna do trey flips. Well here’s the big cat about to teach you how to Trey flip in the safari. Trey flips are arguably easier because you don’t have to know how to flick with your front foot. Actually on the contrary you dont want your traditional ankle roll with a trey. It’s a big toe roll if you do it right. It helps to know 360 shuvits(not ollie 360 shuvits, non popped 3). The other thing about 360 flips is that you need to learn how to do a rocking motion with your back foot. So basically without your front foot on the board put the middle toe of your back foot right over the edge of the board rail on the back bolts, just the back foot, put 75-80% of your foot weight on your big toe in said position, then slowly rock to about 60% of your weight to your heel. Now after you have that subtle rocking, try to slide the wheels while you rock, use that toe to pull the slide and then go toe heel on the rock. After you learn how to pull it and rock it, then try to do it hard and pull your foot away. Eventually you will make it flip a 360 flip with just your back foot, kind of like a 360 flip no comply but you aren’t really “popping” like a no comply, so a really shitty no comply 360 flip. Eventually once your back foot can create that flip profile, then it’s time to add the front foot. Put your front foot at about a 30 degree angle from the rail with about half of it on the board half off. Do the same back foot motion but this time jump, and flick your front foots toe down. I call this style of trey flip the toe down shaping. Extremely useful for flatground because it looks good and gives extreme consistency. Now this shaping once you want to take it to obstacles falls apart like a lot of different shapings for other tricks, but if I’m skating a contest and want to throw a flatground trey flip out there, that’s the type of shaping I’m gonna use because the percaentage of Landing it is highest. Once you figure out how to do traditional toe down shaping come back, and I’ll give you tips on how to do high shaped treys, or if you want to yo it out or do another’s shaping profile this big cat will imbue you with the knowledge.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #238 on: February 13, 2020, 07:27:59 PM »
I never liked Fully Flared

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: February 13, 2020, 07:33:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So you wanna do trey flips. Well here’s the big cat about to teach you how to Trey flip in the safari. Trey flips are arguably easier because you don’t have to know how to flick with your front foot. Actually on the contrary you dont want your traditional ankle roll with a trey. It’s a big toe roll if you do it right. It helps to know 360 shuvits(not ollie 360 shuvits, non popped 3). The other thing about 360 flips is that you need to learn how to do a rocking motion with your back foot. So basically without your front foot on the board put the middle toe of your back foot right over the edge of the board rail on the back bolts, just the back foot, put 75-80% of your foot weight on your big toe in said position, then slowly rock to about 60% of your weight to your heel. Now after you have that subtle rocking, try to slide the wheels while you rock, use that toe to pull the slide and then go toe heel on the rock. After you learn how to pull it and rock it, then try to do it hard and pull your foot away. Eventually you will make it flip a 360 flip with just your back foot, kind of like a 360 flip no comply but you aren’t really “popping” like a no comply, so a really shitty no comply 360 flip. Eventually once your back foot can create that flip profile, then it’s time to add the front foot. Put your front foot at about a 30 degree angle from the rail with about half of it on the board half off. Do the same back foot motion but this time jump, and flick your front foots toe down. I call this style of trey flip the toe down shaping. Extremely useful for flatground because it looks good and gives extreme consistency. Now this shaping once you want to take it to obstacles falls apart like a lot of different shapings for other tricks, but if I’m skating a contest and want to throw a flatground trey flip out there, that’s the type of shaping I’m gonna use because the percaentage of Landing it is highest. Once you figure out how to do traditional toe down shaping come back, and I’ll give you tips on how to do high shaped treys, or if you want to yo it out or do another’s shaping profile this big cat will imbue you with the knowledge.
If you could put this into a word document, and clean up the structure for like 10 minutes, I'll be your biggest fan.