Author Topic: Stockholm (2019)  (Read 1705 times)

behavioralguide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Stockholm (2019)
« on: February 12, 2020, 06:33:36 AM »
n-e updates? didn't want to necro.
what shop to go to?
what's good (indoor) park?,
is that skatespot.nu reliable/ updated/complete? seems so very few indoors/outdoors esp with the skatepark building craze in europe since the last 5 years.

Although there is no real snowy winter atm id like to not freeze on some shitty gritty asphalt whenever i do have time off

I'm about an hour south of stckhlm, all i can find is two miniramps half an hour drive away

HeavyLow

• Rep: 8
Re: Stockholm (2019)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 11:08:11 PM »
what shop to go to?
is that skatespot.nu reliable/ updated/complete? seems so very few indoors/outdoors esp with the skatepark building craze in europe since the last 5 years.

Although there is no real snowy winter atm id like to not freeze on some shitty gritty asphalt whenever i do have time off

I'm about an hour south of stckhlm, all i can find is two miniramps half an hour drive away

Stockholm local here.

Local shops in the city Hollywood and Brädkultur (vans store)

Indoor parks: Fryshuset (closest subway station Gullmarsplan), Push in Gallerian, (closest subway station T-centralen).

Outdoor skateparks: Rålis Skatepark(street tranny mix) Highvalley Skatepark (tranny for days) Humlegården (Stockholms Tompkins Square), Skarpnäck (diy plaza), Bredäng skatepark (all street), Kristineberg bowl (tranny)

We have a bunch of spots all over the city.
The parks listed are just a couple of the top of my head.
Highly recommend Skarpnäck and Humlegården.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 11:12:16 PM by HeavyLow »

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 02:44:44 PM »
Expand Quote
what shop to go to?

[close]

Stockholm local here.

Indoor parks: Fryshuset (closest subway station Gullmarsplan), Push in Gallerian, (closest subway station T-centralen).

Outdoor skateparks: Rålis Skatepark(street tranny mix) Highvalley Skatepark (tranny for days) Humlegården (Stockholms Tompkins Square), Skarpnäck (diy plaza), Bredäng skatepark (all street), Kristineberg bowl (tranny)

Not a local but go to STO 6-8 times a year - Gallerian is a fun bowl when it isn't crowded. Rålis is fucking great/unique, and that's coming from someone living in Southern California with a plethora of great/unique parks.

Randy Lahey

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 11:05:40 AM »
https://youtu.be/c0YC2qiC8o4?t=381

where in stockholm is this spot (6.20)?

HeavyLow

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 01:47:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
what shop to go to?

[close]

Stockholm local here.

[close]

Not a local but go to STO 6-8 times a year - Gallerian is a fun bowl when it isn't crowded. Rålis is fucking great/unique, and that's coming from someone living in Southern California with a plethora of great/unique parks.

Yeah but Rålis is super hectic. Its better to skate there early mornings.
Gallerian is ok I guess.

HeavyLow

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 01:47:58 AM »
https://youtu.be/c0YC2qiC8o4?t=381

where in stockholm is this spot (6.20)?

I have no idea. Ill check with the homies to see if they know. Looks insane.

Edit: this is apparently not in Stockholm but in a town called Eskilstuna, about hour and a half from Stockholm.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 05:11:32 AM by HeavyLow »

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 01:58:45 PM »
I'm gonna +1 on Humlegården, that's my favorite spot in Stockholm. It's simple but if you like ledges and a miniramp it's pretty much perfect.

Rålis is worth visiting, though super hectic. It's like running a gauntlet trying to skate through there.

PUSH in Gallerian is small but I also think it's kinda sick, and the tranny there makes me feel like I can actually skate tranny. Which I can't.

Side note, where are these spots?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3gwlx4laYo/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5cSpx9lmb3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 02:19:14 PM »
Walking down Regeringsgatan, would love if those brick banks/ QP looking planters on the sidewalk were more smooth.

STO is lockdown right now due to COVID19

HeavyLow

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 12:29:35 AM »
I'm gonna +1 on Humlegården, that's my favorite spot in Stockholm. It's simple but if you like ledges and a miniramp it's pretty much perfect.

Rålis is worth visiting, though super hectic. It's like running a gauntlet trying to skate through there.

PUSH in Gallerian is small but I also think it's kinda sick, and the tranny there makes me feel like I can actually skate tranny. Which I can't.

Side note, where are these spots?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3gwlx4laYo/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5cSpx9lmb3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I dont know where the first spot is, but the second spot is in a garage right in the middle of the city. Its just called Sheraton, and its slappy heaven. Its pretty popular during the winter cause its still pretty warm down there even when temperatures drop down below zero.

joe momma

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2020, 10:22:24 AM »
reviving this thread solely to see where to find weed... any ideas?

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2021, 09:04:31 AM »
Reviving this old thread, but not looking for weed like the dude above haha.

Any locals still around or someone who's been to Stockholm? Would you spend 3 weeks there in July?  I'd just be trying to skate for the most part, also hang out with friends and meet new folks. How's the situation there atm?

HeavyLow

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2021, 11:08:45 PM »

Any locals still around or someone who's been to Stockholm? Would you spend 3 weeks there in July?  I'd just be trying to skate for the most part, also hang out with friends and meet new folks. How's the situation there atm?

Stockholm local here. 3 weeks in Stockholm is alot if you are just here for skateboarding. I would say a week, week and a half. We only have so many parks/spots. But if you are going for 3 weeks make sure to spend some time in the archipelagos. 3 weeks though will probably get you more time to venture out of the city along the subway lines.

Let me know if you need recommendations for spots or parks.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2021, 02:44:49 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Stockholm local here. 3 weeks in Stockholm is alot if you are just here for skateboarding. I would say a week, week and a half. We only have so many parks/spots. But if you are going for 3 weeks make sure to spend some time in the archipelagos. 3 weeks though will probably get you more time to venture out of the city along the subway lines.

Yeah, 3 weeks is a lot for most places if you're just lurking haha. I'd actually be pet sitting for a friend in Sundyberg and still working remotely. So I guess I'd mostly be living like a local. I've only ever been to Malmo and it was alright. I know Stockholm is a lot more expensive than Berlin so I'd probably just ride my bike around, hang in parks, go skate, and visit the Systembolaget here and there. But that's pretty much what I do anywhere minus the missions to the Systembolaget.

But yeah, would be keen to hear your recs on spots and parks. Would you say Stockholm is even a decent skate destination in general?

HeavyLow

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2021, 01:45:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, 3 weeks is a lot for most places if you're just lurking haha. I'd actually be pet sitting for a friend in Sundyberg and still working remotely. So I guess I'd mostly be living like a local. I've only ever been to Malmo and it was alright. I know Stockholm is a lot more expensive than Berlin so I'd probably just ride my bike around, hang in parks, go skate, and visit the Systembolaget here and there. But that's pretty much what I do anywhere minus the missions to the Systembolaget.

But yeah, would be keen to hear your recs on spots and parks. Would you say Stockholm is even a decent skate destination in general?

Stockholm is an allright city to skate in. Malm� way way better.

Hogdalen is tranny heaven. There is a flatground/street area but there is better options for that kind of skating. But if you enjoy skating tranny. Go there! Green line towards Hagsätra.

Bredäng
is along the red line. One of the better street parks in town. Close to the subway so it's easy to find it.
Skarpnäck - End station on the green line. Skarpnäck houses the only skate plaza in Stockholm. Super good spot!
Humlegården if there is a comparison to be made then it's that Humlegården is Stockholms Tompinks Square Park. Right in the middle of the city. Ledges, rails, manny pads and a mini ramp.
Rålis best park in the city. Go there during late evenings or early mornings or perpare for a gauntlet. Closest subway station is either Fridhemsplan or Thorildsplan. Green/blue line.
Kristineberg got a good bowl down by the water. Green line.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2021, 11:54:28 PM »
Catch a train to stadion and have a look on each side of that big road
listen to cosmic psychos

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2021, 02:07:21 AM »

Cool, thanks for the tips! More of a ledge/flatground guy so the Stockholm version of Tompkins sounds up my alley. Would check out some tranny but I don't go too hard on it. Can get down on a mini ramp or something of that stature though haha.

Pretty old video, but is this the spot?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC09LR602h8
Curious how crusty those ledges are since that vids from something like 6 years ago, ha

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2021, 05:23:15 AM »
Yeah that’s it, it’s like a block away from station
There is or was random street shit all through those streets and there’s a school there with an out ledge
listen to cosmic psychos

HeavyLow

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2021, 06:27:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cool, thanks for the tips! More of a ledge/flatground guy so the Stockholm version of Tompkins sounds up my alley. Would check out some tranny but I don't go too hard on it. Can get down on a mini ramp or something of that stature though haha.

Curious how crusty those ledges are since that vids from something like 6 years ago, ha

The ledges are just fine. Closest subway station is Östermalms torg. And yes, that is the spot. Humlegården.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2021, 12:42:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

The ledges are just fine. Closest subway station is Östermalms torg. And yes, that is the spot. Humlegården.

Cool, thinking this will probably be my go to spot when I'm there but we'll see. Probably be there around the 9th-30th of next month so if you guys wanna meet up and skate  shoot me a dm.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2021, 03:34:59 AM »
Yo, another question about Stockholm in July. I keep hearing the city empties out as the whole country goes on holiday in July. Will it be that empty? Am I going to just be there bored walking the empty streets of Stockholm haha?

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2021, 07:57:31 AM »
Stockholm is a nice city but kind of boring. I would bring a book or something. Hard to explain. It's sort of like going to nordic Seattle.

I did something similar, from Berlin to Stockholm for 2 weeks in 2016 to house-sit. I stayed in Hammarby Sj�d which was a nice area but very little to do. I took the ferry a lot, which I recommend. The food up there is nothing special, I wound up eating halloumi Max burger multiple times. There was a very cool industrial concert space out where I went to a work conference/festival kind of thing but I just looked it up and it has been destroyed.

Anyway I liked it there because I am not a social guy. It was a good break from Berlin. Also I went around this time, the weather was awesome and the sun is out from like 3 am to 11pm. I wouldn't bet on broing down with anyone or hooking up or have cool nightlife experience. but if you just want to chill out for a while its cool.

Ha, yeah, I gotta say that I've been to Malmo and wasn't super  stoked on it - kind of instantly wanted to go back to CPH. So we'll see what Stockholm is like. Not really expecting much - just riding a bike around, going swimming, and skating. Also going to be working while I'm there so there's that.

But on the latter  part, do you say not to expect those things because everyone will be gone or just that you found Swedish people to be super reserved? Don't plan on really partaking too much in the nightlife scene either way.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2021, 01:13:21 PM »
Fuck I forgot about maxs that’s like one of the best fast food joints in the world I reckon

If you can borrow a little boat or anything go fuck around in the archipelago it’s really nice there’s heaps of random islands and shit
listen to cosmic psychos

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2021, 02:48:38 AM »
Fuck I forgot about maxs that’s like one of the best fast food joints in the world I reckon

If you can borrow a little boat or anything go fuck around in the archipelago it’s really nice there’s heaps of random islands and shit

Well from this thread I guess I'm still not expecting much aside from biking around, swimming(if the weather's nice enough), probably trying to visit a sauna or two if they're open, and planning my drinking around Systembolaget's opening hours ha. Goodstore looks like a pretty legit vegan store so will pop in there at some point. And one of my friends is requesting I bring them some Santa Maria potato spice back haha.

Skating wise, Humlegården and Rålis are looking like they'll probably be my go to's. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 03:05:50 AM by sexualhelon »

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2021, 03:01:08 AM »
I’ll dm you some street spots bro
listen to cosmic psychos

HeavyLow

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2021, 05:46:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well from this thread I guess I'm still not expecting much aside from biking around, swimming(if the weather's nice enough), probably trying to visit a sauna or two if they're open, and planning my drinking around Systembolaget's opening hours ha. Goodstore looks like a pretty legit vegan store so will pop in there at some point. And one of my friends is requesting I bring them some Santa Maria potato spice back haha.

Skating wise, Humlegården and Rålis are looking like they'll probably be my go to's.

Make sure to go out to Skarpnäck. The plaza there is super fun!