Author Topic: Favorite cannabis strain  (Read 4470 times)

Dr Dew

Re: Favorite cannabis strain
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2020, 01:48:28 PM »

Diocletian

« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2020, 01:59:22 PM »
I stopped smoking weed 7-8 years ago but I always loved blue dream the most. Best smelling, tasting, and familiar easy going high. Close friend at the time had a steady connect with someone who grew “bubba kush” and that stuff would totally obliterate me. It had a very distinct look, smell, and taste that I loved but I could not accomplish anything when I smoked that strain.

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2020, 04:45:25 PM »
White widow

authentic_creed_bratton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 36
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2020, 05:12:36 PM »
I have smoked like six thousand pounds of weed in my life, and apart from the high cbd shit i can barely tell the difference between strains, apart from taste. To me, as long as its not shitty weed, its good.
🤙

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2020, 08:35:56 PM »
White widow

Breeding staple. Classic

As is pre 98 bubba kush

Blue dream is one of the worst strains I've ever smoke tbh. But many people grow it/cross it because one thing it does well is yeild(which means money)

It's also very hermie prone and does not grow well under any stress
Gentleman ninja warlock

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2020, 08:50:51 PM »
i had blue dream once and it tasted pretty good, but otherwise it wasn't that remarkable.
I have smoked like six thousand pounds of weed in my life, and apart from the high cbd shit i can barely tell the difference between strains, apart from taste. To me, as long as its not shitty weed, its good.

this is true, but it's good to have options and names to go by, if even just to avoid certain stuff when you know you don't like it.

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 437
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2020, 06:06:06 AM »
Girl scout cookies
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2020, 10:52:28 AM »
God I hate when kids act like smoking weed makes them cool.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2020, 11:03:04 AM »
I stopped smoking weed 7-8 years ago but I always loved blue dream the most. Best smelling, tasting, and familiar easy going high. Close friend at the time had a steady connect with someone who grew “bubba kush” and that stuff would totally obliterate me. It had a very distinct look, smell, and taste that I loved but I could not accomplish anything when I smoked that strain.

when I See blue dream I always buy...it never fails..
Ive had bubba kush too, its cool.

for the last 1-2yrs i mainly fuck with concentrates ...its interesting seeing and smelling the same strains in a wax or sugar form..

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2020, 11:04:41 AM »
i wanna grow & sell weed
mArLeY

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2020, 01:06:16 PM »
Lamb’s Bread (Breath) -landrace Jamaican Sativa
Garlic Breath - GMO or Garlic cookies/mendo breath
Flo- Purple Thai/Afghani indica
Impossible to choose one, first one is sweet and the other 2 are spicy as hell!

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2020, 02:34:50 PM »
Very puzzled at all the people claiming all the strains are the same in this thread.

I tend to encounter hybrids most often and I’m happy with that.

My wife is insanely good with indoor plants and if it were legal in my state I 100% would grow. 
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2020, 02:45:30 PM »
Lamb’s Bread (Breath) -landrace Jamaican Sativa
Garlic Breath - GMO or Garlic cookies/mendo breath
Flo- Purple Thai/Afghani indica
Impossible to choose one, first one is sweet and the other 2 are spicy as hell!
Flo is great , so is gmo

I'll be breeding with both this year using SCS lavender FLO and RRSC gmo strains
Gentleman ninja warlock

tyshoes

• Rep: 8
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2020, 06:15:48 PM »
If youre looking for a GREAT strains with some variability. Check out Caramelo. Its Lavender Indica leaning and Lavender Sativa leaning crossed to caramelo. I think delicious seeds but not sure where it came from. Best frangrance, coated with fur and purple all over the place (unless very hot)

I got like 4 phenos from a pack of 5 and did lots of breeding with that strain. Very overlooked

I have gmo live resin and I grew Critical Flo for a few runs. Vritical Kali Myst was my fav sativa out of the criticals. Then Critical Sensi Star which is a classic high yeilding and very strong yet easy to grow one.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2020, 11:47:55 PM »
If youre looking for a GREAT strains with some variability. Check out Caramelo. Its Lavender Indica leaning and Lavender Sativa leaning crossed to caramelo. I think delicious seeds but not sure where it came from. Best frangrance, coated with fur and purple all over the place (unless very hot)

I got like 4 phenos from a pack of 5 and did lots of breeding with that strain. Very overlooked

I have gmo live resin and I grew Critical Flo for a few runs. Vritical Kali Myst was my fav sativa out of the criticals. Then Critical Sensi Star which is a classic high yeilding and very strong yet easy to grow one.

How many phenotypes did you think youde get with seed?

If it's not a clone of the genotype, every seed planted is a phenotype.

Not trying to sound like an ass, but the phenotype is the genotype x environment.

So every seed will grow slightly differently

That's why s1s are becoming popular.  It's as close to a clone as you can get in a seed form.

What you just endorsed was most likely a filial generation of f1 or f2 which is very unstable. People should not pay for those seeds as they have not been worked.

Add the fact it's a polyhybrid makes it even worse in terms of stability.

As a breeder, I can say we work the strain to become as stable as possible through various methods.

F1s and f2s are generally given away as "testers" because we cannot guarantee great medicines,and we also use it as a shortcut through reputable growers to gather data and speed up the process.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 11:59:30 PM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

tyshoes

« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2020, 08:42:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not trying to sound like an ass, but the phenotype is the genotype x environment.

That's why s1s are becoming popular.  It's as close to a clone as you can get in a seed form.

What you just endorsed was most likely a filial generation of f1 or f2 which is very unstable. People should not pay for those seeds as they have not been worked.

As a breeder, I can say we work the strain to become as stable as possible through various methods.

F1s and f2s are generally given away as "testers" because we cannot guarantee great medicines,and we also use it as a shortcut through reputable growers to gather data and speed up the process.

I was expecting significant variation and maybe 1 or two keepers for mothers, but each had significant diff internodal spacing so I did a lot of training w those. I kept the stout Indica purple one for my mother plant and breeding. This was everyones favorite and I ran it for almost a year SOG.  Some strains are very consistant and stable and provide very similar plants even from seed in my experience, just slight variations and I wouldnt consider it a diff pheno unless one is clearly sativa leaning and one is stout.  This is about 10 years or so ago. Yeah this place

https://www.deliciousseeds.com/del_en/caramelo.html

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2020, 09:14:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I was expecting significant variation and maybe 1 or two keepers for mothers, but each had significant diff internodal spacing so I did a lot of training w those. I kept the stout Indica purple one for my mother plant and breeding. This was everyones favorite and I ran it for almost a year SOG.  Some strains are very consistant and stable and provide very similar plants even from seed in my experience, just slight variations and I wouldnt consider it a diff pheno unless one is clearly sativa leaning and one is stout.  This is about 10 years or so ago. Yeah this place

I didnt look at the link yet but I appreciate your honesty.

If you found a keeper mom that's consistent from a good pheno hunt, that's fucking great! I'm happy for you

I absolutely hate when on paper it looks great, 200 plants later and nature just says "nope, I'm not giving you what you want" lol.

That happened to me last year in a massive grow and I found two keepers out of close to 300 plants.

So frustrating

EDIT

Looked at the link, that's a feminized polyhybrid,  good luck stabilizing it in the next 2-3 years.

Still, my hats of to ya, at least your trying
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 09:24:52 PM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

tyshoes

« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2020, 10:06:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I didnt look at the link yet but I appreciate your honesty.

If you found a keeper mom that's consistent from a good pheno hunt, that's fucking great! I'm happy for you

I absolutely hate when on paper it looks great, 200 plants later and nature just says "nope, I'm not giving you what you want" lol.

That happened to me last year in a massive grow and I found two keepers out of close to 300 plants.

So frustrating

EDIT

Looked at the link, that's a feminized polyhybrid,  good luck stabilizing it in the next 2-3 years.

Still, my hats of to ya, at least your trying

100% right. It lasted a year before I had to put the mother into flowering and male flowers started popping up. After that all my breeding was done with reg seeds. Closet & tent operation but really fun times. Soothing and i miss it.  attached some pic links. First of the caramello on her deathbed and you can see a male flower on the tip, the Alien Hallucination, then Alien shoes which was my cross of Alien Hallucination x Strawberry diesel. That I had to dc cus I was selling the house but it was my fav result.

https://ibb.co/KVWgzV5
https://ibb.co/KVP91nP
https://ibb.co/PGLCVwF
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 10:29:30 AM by tyshoes »

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2020, 02:57:20 PM »
Plants look nice! Great job
Gentleman ninja warlock

SSBS1080CBBSNP

• Rep: 18
« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2020, 01:38:38 PM »
Anybody in here have perspective on differences between green states? I’ve only experienced legal stuff out west where it seemed abundant and accepted for the most part. What’s the situation like in the Illinois, D.C. and Northeastern States?

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2020, 07:40:02 AM »
On a sad note, I'm completely dankrupt and my connect is MIA. Haven't heard from him in a while and I have no one else to grab from at the moment. Such a bummer. If any of you guys are in PA, hit me up.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2020, 05:31:42 PM »
someone mentioned lamb's breath/bread. that's my all time favorite strain. new some kids pumping that shit out 10 years ago, then they killed the mom. Haven't seen it since.

knew some other kids who had a few different phenos of blue dream x LA confidential and blue dream x Gods gift. they were pretty much no name strains, true boutique exotic shit- the grower refused to name it, just called it LBD or LBG- and when it first came around, folks were like "this is fire, but what's up with the no-name?" The homies needed to stop working and after a handful of years, people are still saying "daaaamn, where's that LBD, son?"  God, they were perfect plants at 4800ft.

high elevation durban poison is usually off the hook. I prefer landrace sativas rather than hybrid crosses. I find a pure sativa to be less anxiety inducing than a cross.

Harborside put out some killer Star Dawg cuts a few years back. Shit was absolute fuego.

I miss me some trainwreck. Haven't seen any in the wild for a hot minute. Pineapple trainwreck... mmm
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2020, 10:37:46 PM »
someone mentioned lamb's breath/bread. that's my all time favorite strain. new some kids pumping that shit out 10 years ago, then they killed the mom. Haven't seen it since.

knew some other kids who had a few different phenos of blue dream x LA confidential and blue dream x Gods gift. they were pretty much no name strains, true boutique exotic shit- the grower refused to name it, just called it LBD or LBG- and when it first came around, folks were like "this is fire, but what's up with the no-name?" The homies needed to stop working and after a handful of years, people are still saying "daaaamn, where's that LBD, son?"  God, they were perfect plants at 4800ft.

high elevation durban poison is usually off the hook. I prefer landrace sativas rather than hybrid crosses. I find a pure sativa to be less anxiety inducing than a cross.

Harborside put out some killer Star Dawg cuts a few years back. Shit was absolute fuego.

I miss me some trainwreck. Haven't seen any in the wild for a hot minute. Pineapple trainwreck... mmm

Blue dream x la confidential was bred in oregon and it's called jager kush.

The other I'm not sure about but its def out there since everyone seems to have used blue dream in breeding years back.

Gentleman ninja warlock

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2020, 04:56:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The other I'm not sure about but its def out there since everyone seems to have used blue dream in breeding years back.

I've seen plenty of that jager, while the named genetics are supposedly the same, the phenos are nowhere near what these homies had going on. I know old growers in southern oregon who say Jager it's a descendant of Hindu Kush. All really know is that it's nothing like the LBD in taste, smell, structure. Blue dream can be a great strain- high yield and easy to grow, green crack/green queen is the same. Got some GDPxGreen Crack in a jar right now. It's nice.

Straight blue dream hasn't been easy to find in the past couple years, buyers all want the cookies and shit. But man, BD and GC are so nice for high elevation outdoor cultivation. I'm glad to not see so much Mr. Nice and Hash Plant anymore, that's for sure.
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2020, 05:27:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I've seen plenty of that jager, while the named genetics are supposedly the same, the phenos are nowhere near what these homies had going on. I know old growers in southern oregon who say Jager it's a descendant of Hindu Kush. All really know is that it's nothing like the LBD in taste, smell, structure. Blue dream can be a great strain- high yield and easy to grow, green crack/green queen is the same. Got some GDPxGreen Crack in a jar right now. It's nice.

Straight blue dream hasn't been easy to find in the past couple years, buyers all want the cookies and shit. But man, BD and GC are so nice for high elevation outdoor cultivation. I'm glad to not see so much Mr. Nice and Hash Plant anymore, that's for sure.

Yeah, very valid point. 100 breeders might breed the same damn plant and it's never the same. Look on eu.seefinder and you might find the original lineage to grow.

Green crack is all over the fuckin place here. I've grown and had seeds for quite some time.

I dont care for blue dream either but I dont blame people for liking it. To me it's really mild, and same problem as mentioned before, lotsa different phenos and not original cuts.

Cookies is such a fuckin hype strain too. Ive maybe come across 2-3 cookie crosses I liked outta hundreds.

You should all look into some smaller "craft breeders " that are creating some awesome fuckin cannabis.

I cannot wait to start my next project. So fun.

I have a great medical glue x deepchunkf12 male that's ready to get his load on
Gentleman ninja warlock

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #85 on: March 05, 2020, 11:41:55 AM »
Favorite satvia: Toss up between Tangie and Jack Herer.
Runner up: Had some Durbin Poison last week that was some of the best I've ever smoked.

Favorite indica: Master Kush for sure.
Runner up: Blue cheese.

Favorite sativa dominate hybrid: Amnesia Haze
Favorite indica dominate hybrid: The White

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2020, 04:25:55 AM »
Runner up: Had some Durbin Poison last week that was some of the best I've ever smoked.

Hm, don't think I've had "the white" but I just finished some white knuckles the other day. It's a cross between Mr. White and Kimbo Kush. Really heavy hitting indica. My absolute favorite kind of smoke.

If you like Master Kush, try Kosher Kush. Awesome Kush variant that I'm in love with. Also, Pink Kush was great as well. I can't get enough Kush to be honest. Every indica leaning Kush I've ever had has sat well with me. I've become such a big fan which is crazy because I used to think I loved sativas the most.

Right not I have some Cherry Pie wax. A little Super Silver Haze bud which is nice, and some Girl Scout cookies and the tiniest bit of Mk Ultra left.

The GSC, which I didn't like for the longest time, has finally started to grow on me. Previously I found a propensity for depression on that strain but now I've really come to enjoy it. Still prefer a heavier indica dominant strain though. I love couch lock and being able to sit still with indica. Something I can't really do otherwise.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: March 06, 2020, 05:31:01 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hm, don't think I've had "the white" but I just finished some white knuckles the other day. It's a cross between Mr. White and Kimbo Kush. Really heavy hitting indica. My absolute favorite kind of smoke.

If you like Master Kush, try Kosher Kush. Awesome Kush variant that I'm in love with. Also, Pink Kush was great as well. I can't get enough Kush to be honest. Every indica leaning Kush I've ever had has sat well with me. I've become such a big fan which is crazy because I used to think I loved sativas the most.

Right not I have some Cherry Pie wax. A little Super Silver Haze bud which is nice, and some Girl Scout cookies and the tiniest bit of Mk Ultra left.

The GSC, which I didn't like for the longest time, has finally started to grow on me. Previously I found a propensity for depression on that strain but now I've really come to enjoy it. Still prefer a heavier indica dominant strain though. I love couch lock and being able to sit still with indica. Something I can't really do otherwise.

Master kush is really good.

If you like that try black domina and herijuana
Gentleman ninja warlock

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #88 on: March 06, 2020, 10:01:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Master Kush has been one of those amazing L.A. So Cal strains...Ive never seen it in Nor Cal weed shops

I remember hooking up with some So cal people in 2006 and dude had a ton of Master Kush  :D

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #89 on: March 06, 2020, 02:29:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Master Kush has been one of those amazing L.A. So Cal strains...Ive never seen it in Nor Cal weed shops

I remember hooking up with some So cal people in 2006 and dude had a ton of Master Kush  :D
Damn, glad to see Master Kush getting some love.

I don't know if anything better after a stressful day than some Master Kush. It's easily the best end of your day strain I have ever had. It also really helps after a day of hard, painful skating too. Make's you super relaxed and relatively pain free but one of the few indices that doesn't make me immediately tired after smoking it. It'll make you hungrier than a mother fucker though lol.

edit: To the dude that said he's never had the white, I've only had it about 3-4 times but this picture (below) I found is exactly what it looked like every time. Probably 90% of the time I'll choose a sativa/sativa heavy strain over an indica and even though the white is supposedly 60% indica, if I didn't know and you told me it was a 100% sativa I'd have believed you. It has almost zero body high. every single time it gave me a gint head high and as someone with pretty bad ADHD it helps me focus rather well. It feels like a strain I'd be super productive on and would make tedious tasks bearable. Oh taste and smell of it was mostly piney in my opinion. Amazing strain though. Not my favorite strain ever (probably Jack Herer or Tangie, maybe even Sour D would be a little higher) but if you told me I could only smoke the white for the rest of my life id be perfectly okay with that.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 02:41:49 PM by Jud Nestorkins »