Author Topic: Harrisburg PA  (Read 727 times)

drewsmahgoos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Harrisburg PA
« on: February 16, 2020, 01:34:24 PM »
Anyone around the Harrisburg area skate? I just moved here from Lancaster because my apartment burned down. I'm actually outside of the city but close enough to catch a bus or whatever. Just wondering if anyone knows of any decent spots around here.

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
Re: Harrisburg PA
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 01:52:56 PM »
Anyone around the Harrisburg area skate? I just moved here from Lancaster because my apartment burned down. I'm actually outside of the city but close enough to catch a bus or whatever. Just wondering if anyone knows of any decent spots around here.
i haven't but i like Lancaster. it looks like a miniature Philly.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 06:05:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
i haven't but i like Lancaster. it looks like a miniature Philly.

Yeah, way less crime though :P

It's a great little city honestly. It didn't get hit nearly as hard as the rest of PA during the recession and pockets of the city have always been nice. Very little ghetto.

Harrisburg on the other hand kind of sucks. Ghetto and a lot of sprawl outside of the city. I'm not paying rent at the moment though and where I'm living is nice so I shouldn't complain. I don't know anywhere decent to skate around here or even how the police treat skateboarders downtown or any of that. I'm not quite the social butterfly out here so that coupled with living in the suburbs without a car has made it pretty tough to figure out good skate spots.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 09:56:33 PM »
A guy was telling me the other day that the Steelton park is fun. Looks like it's just south of downtown.

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2020, 09:18:43 AM »
A guy was telling me the other day that the Steelton park is fun. Looks like it's just south of downtown.

steelton is dope when it’s not packed. the layout is meh but the obstacles are great (and not gigantic thankfully)

gnarlycharlie

• Rep: -4
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 09:44:18 AM »
oringially from lebanon til i moved to west palm beach but still got a solid group of homies up there that skate if your having trouble let me know i can put you in touch with my buddy whos lives 10 mins from the steelton park