Author Topic: Heath Kirchart talks video parts  (Read 3443 times)

Spacetravelisboring

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -423
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Heath Kirchart talks video parts
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2020, 02:16:33 PM »
Be cool to see a video filmed and scored by heath some day

Fre$HPrince

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2020, 02:21:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn’t this guy like bully some little kid and didn’t he also have to get rescued by the Mexican coast guard?
[close]

Yep.
[close]

Shhhh - read the room! But seriously, just cos so many of you guys have a huge crush on Heath doesn’t make him the great guy you want him to be. Amazing skater obviously.

Expand Quote
It's still odd to hear him talk posthumously about his skate career. No one ever made such a clean break from the pro skate game, i feel like. It's only natural to milk it for a little while at least.

Then again he's financially secure and has no wife or children. God only knows what i'd do in that situation
[close]

If by “clean break” you mean TM Emerica, delivering Pizzanista, doing Vice stuff and hanging around skater bar - then yeah, Heath’s your man. If your looking for someone who bowed out, stayed rad and hooked up with a good job while raising a family, maybe look at SJ or Cairo and plenty of others too.
[close]

"clean break" meaning not being a paid professional skateboarder any more by choice. none of those have categorically anything to do with that.  shut up
[close]

Sorry for the buzz kill, forget I said anything. Let’s go back to watching Heath lounge around the hotel room and sit on the end of the bed - straight sex.
[close]

Why do you constantly feel the need to project your misery all over this board?
We are not miserable. We are happy to be here. Found this place when we was in jail on a phone that smelled like shit. Got out and came back with a phone that smells like purell hand sanitizer.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2020, 05:20:43 PM »
I'm glad he didn't come off as a bitter curmudgeon former pro boomer; he acknowledged the reality of being a pro in 2020 (constantly putting out content, less creative control) and realized every generation will approach a video part differently.

Hard to pick a favorite video part of his but Mindfield is #1 in my books. Final gnar swan song, no filler, 10 years in gestation, perfect song choice.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Nicki

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2020, 10:07:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Didn’t this guy like bully some little kid and didn’t he also have to get rescued by the Mexican coast guard?
[close]

Yep.
[close]

Shhhh - read the room! But seriously, just cos so many of you guys have a huge crush on Heath doesn’t make him the great guy you want him to be. Amazing skater obviously.

Expand Quote
It's still odd to hear him talk posthumously about his skate career. No one ever made such a clean break from the pro skate game, i feel like. It's only natural to milk it for a little while at least.

Then again he's financially secure and has no wife or children. God only knows what i'd do in that situation
[close]

If by “clean break” you mean TM Emerica, delivering Pizzanista, doing Vice stuff and hanging around skater bar - then yeah, Heath’s your man. If your looking for someone who bowed out, stayed rad and hooked up with a good job while raising a family, maybe look at SJ or Cairo and plenty of others too.
[close]
Wade Speyer. hung up his tights and never looked back. Peterbilt.
now that's a man who quit professional skating and moved on.

Matt Hensley. Brian Lotti. Natas Kaupas.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 10:12:11 PM by Nicki »

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2020, 12:16:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yep.
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

All three of them returned to professional status after retiring at one time or another.
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -302
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2020, 01:05:28 AM »
I bet he gets so much tang.

Nicki

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2020, 04:45:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Yep.
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

All three of them returned to professional status after retiring at one time or another.

Exactly. Hopefully Heath does the same. He's obviously still down with skating as he's around it all the time, why not get back involved properly?! Here's hoping. Fuck, even a krooked guest board would sick! It sucks that he dropped out of skating to live of his investments and bum around.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 04:53:51 AM by Nicki »