Author Topic: Seen It On #SkateTwitter: “Adidas Skateboarding Chopped Their Entire Sales Team”  (Read 12321 times)

Nicki

Expand Quote
Maybe they dont need a dedicated skate sales team? The sales team for adidas would be large enough to cover it.

Might just be trimming some dead wood. As long as they are still paying the skaters well and looking after them so they can wow us wolith amazing tricks, then thats what matters yeah?
[close]

While paying the skaters well and looking after them is great, it shouldn't come at the expense of shops that are out there selling and promoting their products. Case in point:

Expand Quote
in canada we havent had an adidas rep in more or less 2 years. i dont think our rep lost his job, just isn't the rep for adidas sb.

they did send out an email last fall to visit their showroom to view samples with the guide of some of their employees. not too sure how that worked out

not the best to deal with
[close]

Good point. Seems like the difference between supporting the industry/culture and feeding off it.
...time to release another Gonzfather reissue to show you’re core....
“2020 release of third colorway inspired by his 2018 recreation of his 1998 performance”. Nice. Seamless continuity.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B83KXRqA7M2/?igshid=1a7rer0jab5nz
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 12:36:22 AM by Nicki »

brwrxstl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
Expand Quote
Is anyone actually surprised that a company founded on Nazi money isn't 'keeping it real'? Business 101 - infiltrate the industry, gain legitimacy through hiring insiders, stomp the competition out, then fire everyone besides the execs and child laborers.
[close]

I love when I read dumb ass shit on SLAP. adidassler was founded years prior to the NAZI party and after the war split into PUMA and Adidas. It was founded by two brothers that became a part of the NAZI party, but to say it was “funded” by Nazi money is laughable. Everyone in Germany then that wasn’t a Jew was a NAZI and adhered to the NAZI doctrine or else it was death. Shit is laughable trying to discredit them like that. This is not fucking VW by any means. Also y’all realize information was so fucking compartmentalized back then because all you heard were a few prominent voices on the radio. There was no television or internet or phones or anything that allowed mass communication. People in America didn’t even know that fucking FDR was paralyzed. Even Judging these people by your standards is silly. Information was so compartmentalized and no one had any clue what was going on. Go read Mandela’s thoughts on apartheid(which modeled themselves as the NAZI party with even more compartmentalization). Y’all with modern age thinking I swear. I could write a fucking essay to this, but fucking hell.

+1 to all of this

Not to mention I wouldn't call a 15+ year investment in a skate program "infiltration" especially when you factor in the failed attempt they had at entering the market a few years prior to launching this one. Adidas has put a lot of money into skateboarding and I'd be skeptical that they've really seen a return on that investment.

Nicki

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is anyone actually surprised that a company founded on Nazi money isn't 'keeping it real'? Business 101 - infiltrate the industry, gain legitimacy through hiring insiders, stomp the competition out, then fire everyone besides the execs and child laborers.
[close]

I love when I read dumb ass shit on SLAP. adidassler was founded years prior to the NAZI party and after the war split into PUMA and Adidas. It was founded by two brothers that became a part of the NAZI party, but to say it was “funded” by Nazi money is laughable. Everyone in Germany then that wasn’t a Jew was a NAZI and adhered to the NAZI doctrine or else it was death. Shit is laughable trying to discredit them like that. This is not fucking VW by any means. Also y’all realize information was so fucking compartmentalized back then because all you heard were a few prominent voices on the radio. There was no television or internet or phones or anything that allowed mass communication. People in America didn’t even know that fucking FDR was paralyzed. Even Judging these people by your standards is silly. Information was so compartmentalized and no one had any clue what was going on. Go read Mandela’s thoughts on apartheid(which modeled themselves as the NAZI party with even more compartmentalization). Y’all with modern age thinking I swear. I could write a fucking essay to this, but fucking hell.
[close]

+1 to all of this

Not to mention I wouldn't call a 15+ year investment in a skate program "infiltration" especially when you factor in the failed attempt they had at entering the market a few years prior to launching this one. Adidas has put a lot of money into skateboarding and I'd be skeptical that they've really seen a return on that investment.

Please don’t encourage them. Both the troll and response was a bizarre rant. And of course they’re making money of it, their not doing it for shits and giggles, hence the “streamlining efficiencies” to maintain max profits. Busenitz pro are my favourite shoes but I’m under no illusion that this is nothing but a ruthless multinational juggernaut that’d cancel the Christmas party to save few Euros.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/268417/gross-profit-of-the-adidas-group-worldwide-since-2000/
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 01:37:51 AM by Nicki »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
If all the other big shoe companies follow through with such budget cuts then I wonder to what extent that might affect skate media in the long run, as the majority of it right now is only surviving off the crumbs those corporations bother throwing their way in exchange for monopolizing their presence in them (aggressive marketing that's actually not doing the brands any favors in the long run either). Maybe that's when some of the least sincere dinosaurs will die.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 02:46:00 AM by silhouette »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 566
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
Expand Quote
Maybe they dont need a dedicated skate sales team? The sales team for adidas would be large enough to cover it.

Might just be trimming some dead wood. As long as they are still paying the skaters well and looking after them so they can wow us wolith amazing tricks, then thats what matters yeah?
[close]

Yeah, maybe - but it’d be nice if they could keep the videos up though to showcase their riders work.
I guess it’s modern times, why pay a sales/marketing team when you’ve got 500 new promoters you can pay with product.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8sV0sJnz4P/?igshid=1rhg25xe0ojem

Aren't all these looking for ambassadors accounts fake ?
Just a trap for idiots

Do you really think Adidas is interested in your reach if you have 500 followers ?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 03:33:09 AM by BALARGUE »

TD

• Rep: -2
Lakai (and core skate shoe brands in general) gang rise up

All according to plan before the re release of the Manchester

Meg's on some illuminati shit these days

Nicki

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, maybe - but it’d be nice if they could keep the videos up though to showcase their riders work.
I guess it’s modern times, why pay a sales/marketing team when you’ve got 500 new promoters you can pay with product.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8sV0sJnz4P/?igshid=1rhg25xe0ojem
[close]

Aren't all these looking for ambassadors accounts fake ?
Just a trap for idiots

Do you really think Adidas is interested in your reach if you have 500 followers ?

Yeah, you’re probably right. But it does seem to be the way - paying IG/twitter etc influencers dollars for posts rather than having a sales team. Isn’t that basically what this corporate gobbledygook means;

“We are making targeted investments in our strategic growth drivers, especially in our digital business, where we are looking for new talent”.
Adidas told Footwear News at the time that the retail market continues to shift, with consumers increasingly shopping online, and that has prompted the brand’s structural changes. Examples cited were “increasing the use of digital tools for our wholesale partners and investing in our own e-commerce channels,” the statement said”.

From this article:
https://shop-eat-surf.com/2020/02/job-cuts-come-to-adidas/

Pretty much confirms what everyone’s been saying that they don’t give a fuck about skate shops.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 04:23:25 AM by Nicki »

SHIREFLIP

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

+1 to all of this

Your writing style is quite similar to East Kremer’s.

+1
It’s normal he a still a bit angry about baker making profit of his chaotic/violent behavior and then letting him down when they didn’t find Dixon profitable anymore.
I like Reynolds and Ellington too but they supossed to be the mature ones and help him any times possible.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

+1 to all of this

[close]

Your writing style is quite similar to East Kremer’s.

Expand Quote
+1
It’s normal he a still a bit angry about baker making profit of his chaotic/violent behavior and then letting him down when they didn’t find Dixon profitable anymore.
I like Reynolds and Ellington too but they supossed to be the mature ones and help him any times possible.
[close]

Well this changes everything

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
Expand Quote
Uh-oh, Spaghetti-Os!

LPQ, it also appears you have a fans.
[close]

Jenkem hating on LPQ? So weak.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
Looks like those Tyshawns I bought me for XMas are going on ice for the time being.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H

I keep laughing at how fucking dumb this is. "Why tf is someone reading the wild speculation I'm writing on my public social media account and then talking about it with people"
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Looks like those Tyshawns I bought me for XMas are going on ice for the time being.

That’ll show them, not the money you gave them already.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
A giant corporation fucks over its workers. People are yet again surprised.....

Amazing.

This shit will happen with EVERY CORPORATE OWNED SKATE SHOE eventually. As soon as they aren't doing well, nikesb will pull this same shit as will every other company with shareholders. This is inevitable.

They don't care about skateboarding. They care about profits. When profits leave, so does skateboarding from their product line. They don't care how many people love to skate in 3st's or whatever. They don't care about getting rid of a product line. They don't care about their riders and they don't care about us. This should've been real fucking obvious. Anyone working or riding for a giant corporate shoe that expects anything more than a check at the end of the day is going to be real disappointed.

Get your shoes, get your check, and move the fuck on. Corporations are bound to do this.

As for the people talking on twitter about these issues, then getting mad when someone posts them on here, well you're genuinely an idiot. Don't post shit online if you don't want other people to see it and don't pour your life into a corporation and expect to get anything good back from it.

This isn't some "you get what you deserve" type shit that I'm saying. People don't deserve this. But everyone should have expected this to happen one day.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
Skateboarding doesn't deserve shoes.....

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
Y’all fucking realize we are in this fucking predicament because skate shoe companies shafted shops and sold everywhere? Like this is such fucking modern liberal bullshit pyschobabble without any historical context for why things are the way they are with a touch of anti corporatism and anti capaitalism. Anti corporatism is not bad by itself, what causes anti corporatism to go bad is the individuals at the top once their companies take off end up realizing they can have extreme wealth and start making decisions based on that, or sell it to some other company make a lot of profit, and then those guys at that top of that conglomerate or private equity firm end up doing the same thing. This is what occured with SKATER OWNED COMPANIES. do you think Pierre and Don started fucking selling to malls because it was ethical compared to skate shops. Hell no, as a matter of fact they are even More fucking greedy because they don’t have thousands of shareholders to distribute their wealth with. They have a few select individuals who made a shitload off of selling to malls and what not, and now they try to save face with this stupid marketing they have all gotten stuck in your fucking heads about “being skater owned bro”, shit is fucking crazy how brainwashed y’all fucks are. Like at the end of the day it’s human nature to want to achieve success you never dreamed of if that opportunity suddenly presents itself right to your face to provide for your kids and their kids kids, it’s just basic evolution, so it’s not like I slight say Don or Pierre in the case of Sole Tech but y’all really have been fucking brainwashed. Do you all understand the concept of Triage? Like dealing with the most pertinent problems essentially that will cause the most death to skateboarding there is? You know what that is? It’s shops fucking closing, plain and fucking simple. Other then California, and very few states west of Kansas that have an insane number of skateparks and shops, most places in the United States have one or two tiny-medium dope shops in the entire fucking state, and those guys closing there doors is so much more detrimental to skateboarding then big corporate brands controlling it. At the end of the day skate shops are like the heart of the human body, and the shoe brands are like the legs. Even if the big skate shoe brands sucked USA dry and paralyzed us, skateboarding would go on because our heart is still beating, but the second you kill shops, you decimate fucking skate scenes, and there is nothing more detrimental to skateboarding then shops closing, and Nike and Adidas are the sole reason 40-50% of shops in America can stay in business. Shit sucks but if you gotta have a pacemaker, you gotta have a pacemaker.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
Is this gonna cause a similar exodus like with Indy??

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
Also since this deals with skate shops. Go to Embark in Frederick Maryland. Brent is seriously one of the nicest people out there in skateboarding.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
Expand Quote

[close]

I keep laughing at how fucking dumb this is. "Why tf is someone reading the wild speculation I'm writing on my public social media account and then talking about it with people"

The only issue with this whole thread is it’s based on a prediction that Andrew murrell made. He is consistently as or more wrong than every other person who has no idea what they’re talking about.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 09:15:11 AM by Nosferatu »
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2157
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Also since this deals with skate shops. Go to Embark in Frederick Maryland. Brent is seriously one of the nicest people out there in skateboarding.

Sorry if I’m years behind the curve, Frederick wise, but... is there no more Pitcrew? Tim & Malc were always so great to deal with. Hope they’re still slangin’ sticks/sneaks.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
Maybe stop buying adidas
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
This makes me greatly dislike adidas, along with them cutting their snow program minus Jake Blauvelt. Too bad because I love the businetz, plus suciu, Silas, and Lucas are amazing. I'm having a moral dilemma.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
NB, then Nike next.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
Skaters are gonna gossip about how shitty adidas is because of this for like a week, until they put out some new web clip with Gustav and Busenitz and some new colorway and then all will be forgiven.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
Just the whores, not everyone.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237

Lmao delete your Twitter if you don’t want anyone to read it or be able to screen shot it.
Crying about it offers no solution.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 08:08:30 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
At least he got the “fuck of” correct for Slap.

bodega vape pods

• Rep: -5
  • kook me
LPQ > shit-huffermag. they are vice tier corny these days anyway

dooley

• SLAP Pal
LPQ > shit-huffermag. they are vice tier corny these days anyway
Pretty much, half of their posts are plugs now. Dude's going off on the shitclub about his pro skater veteran services, crob fawning over him - did he even get Ragdoll a jerb in the next episode? Now they're dissing LPQ? Nah.