Author Topic: 9-Year-Old Trae ”The Tank” Montgomery Ollies A 20. But What's Up With His Dad?  (Read 108802 times)

KoRnholio8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Imagine free higher education, where the only thing that matters is you SAT score. Also, free universal healthcare. Oh Europe, why do you spoil us so?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • Overweight and Underprepared

Real sports is so great. One of the last real displays of journalism.

It's going to get real weird when skate coach parents inevitably increase precipitously after the Olympics.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Pango

• Rep: -30

Its crazy, I coach high school sports, we actually play Weymouth where that player in the Real Sports segment plays for, its insane the amount these kids play.  There are rules in place at the Massachusetts level stating that they cannot play for multiple teams while in season, but they all pretty much play on at least one other team during season.  It is just that horrible idea that I must play D1 and that scouts "go see my club team."  Legit so toxic, it is really weird phenomenon where tbh these kid's high school team is less stressful than their club teams....

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
Expand Quote

[close]

Its crazy, I coach high school sports, we actually play Weymouth where that player in the Real Sports segment plays for, its insane the amount these kids play.  There are rules in place at the Massachusetts level stating that they cannot play for multiple teams while in season, but they all pretty much play on at least one other team during season.  It is just that horrible idea that I must play D1 and that scouts "go see my club team."  Legit so toxic, it is really weird phenomenon where tbh these kid's high school team is less stressful than their club teams....

What a small world- my brother coaches on of the private school teams and is dealing with this issue where kids can’t play a certain amount of months in the year and for a particular amount of teams. They are not even allowed to do on ice clinics In the off season.  .
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61

Lord Viper Scorpion

Lord Viper Scorpion

comments disabled - poosies

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1028
  • Gnar Kook
Looks like Trae died a lot in that

conqueso

#freetrae

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
stiil time to rebrand as trae-bomb martin
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
    • My Wife avatar image
I didn't hate that. Company name is low hanging fruit and the music was pretty lame, helmet is whatever, but he's not untalented.

Real question from a lifelong low impact skater:

the way Trae lands his bigger stuff, like almost leaning/crouching/rubber-banding his legs upon impact...does that have a beneficial or detrimental effect on his knees in the long run? Basically, is it a technique or just bad/awkward form? Or are his knees already shot and that's just how it is for him now?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

beatifk

• Rep: 162
For a family so hell bent on documenting the premature destruction of a child's body, you'd think they find a better filmer and use better cameras.

Imagine sitting in your wheelchair at age 30 showing your children how you used to be an amazing skateboarding and all the footage is in square (or vertical) format at super low res.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
I'd rather watch Willy Santos cut hair.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
Matt Montgomery is a child abuser and Santa Cruz loves him

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
I didn't hate that. Company name is low hanging fruit and the music was pretty lame, helmet is whatever, but he's not untalented.

Real question from a lifelong low impact skater:

the way Trae lands his bigger stuff, like almost leaning/crouching/rubber-banding his legs upon impact...does that have a beneficial or detrimental effect on his knees in the long run? Basically, is it a technique or just bad/awkward form? Or are his knees already shot and that's just how it is for him now?

i have no expertise to back up what i'm saying, but i have to say it still: that kid won't skate long past 20. if he does. chances are even if his body is staying fine, he is gonna be over it as soon as he can escape his dad's grip. that is if his dad is not finding some bullshit stunt to put the kid in a wheelchair once and for all before that.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • Free Max B
Kids gonna be giving anti-opiate speeches to middleschoolers from a wheelchair by the time he’s 20

Free max b
FREE MAX B

conqueso

Kids gonna be giving anti-opiate speeches to middleschoolers from a wheelchair by the time he’s 20

Free max b

dad will be in the back filming every minute

Dr Waffles

• Rep: 15
Why is the filming so bad? Also, dude only has like 5 tricks. Feel bad for him.
In 5 years skateboarding will be dirtbiking

djoekr

• Rep: 293
Expand Quote

Free max b
[close]

dad will be in the back filming every minute

While cashing his disability checks and pocketing the money for his GoFundMe.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
It is kinda of crazy to think that provided his body doesn't combust in the coming years, it could still be another decade until he could reach his full skating capabilities.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
#Crumpelstiltskid

Hastings

• Rep: 37
I would rather see him manual roll a sidewalk or skate a flat bank than another huck to squat landing, it's just not nice for anybody.

That back smith was rad though, proper style.

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
We’re in a high of low impact skating hype and slappy-only parts and this boomer is making a child sacrifice his knee caps for instagram

blowjobtofakie

• Rep: 103
We’re in a high of low impact skating hype and slappy-only parts and this boomer is making a child sacrifice for instagram

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
The sad thing is that some kids are so used to stage parents, they think it's normal.

Uncle Jeffrey

• Rep: 36
We’re in a high of low impact skating hype and slappy-only parts and this boomer is making a child sacrifice his knee caps for instagram

My parents are boomers. I was this kids age 20+ years ago. His dad's probably a millennial lol

LewFarrell

• Rep: 140
Expand Quote
[close]

My parents are boomers. I was this kids age 20+ years ago. His dad's probably a millennial lol

He's Gen X, all fucked up from New Coke.

braksabbath

• Rep: 192
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Boomer is a state of mind. In age he’s a young gen X’r or elder millennial for sure. He skated in the 00’s and thinks dropping hammers is still the pinnacle of going pro.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Boomer is a state of mind. In age he’s a young gen X’r or elder millennial for sure. He skated in the 00’s and thinks dropping hammers is still the pinnacle of going pro.

Quick. Someone send Trey's dad Andrew Allen parts.