Author Topic: 9-Year-Old Trae ”The Tank” Montgomery Ollies A 20. But What's Up With His Dad?  (Read 108631 times)

urbneathme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He played professional baseball for ten years and has not enough money to let his kid enjoy life?pretty sad!!!
He think it’s easy to get rich in skateboarding ;D
[close]

This smells of ten years in single A. He never made it so he’s going to force his kid to be the best. His dad probably did the same thing with baseball and he failed and let him down so he won’t let trae “fail”.
[close]

https://www.tradingcarddb.com/GalleryP.cfm/pid/72591/Matt-Montgomery

https://www.mlb.com/player/matt-montgomery-408041

so for people that don’t understand minor league baseball, to put it simply, this dude played at a level just above college. AA is the second lowest level, and for pitchers it’s make or break time. if you can pitch well in AA, you’ll get bumped to the majors at some point. if you’re pitching in AA for years, your shot at the majors was gone in the first year, and you’re just too stubborn or stupid to see the writing on the wall. also, AA players make like 15,000 a year in 2020, can’t imagine how little this moron made throughout his “career”

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Heavy Danny Way vibes to be honest.

With a dose of Randy “Poppa” Shecks in there
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 08:50:15 AM by Salty Lame Ass Poosey »
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Speakr

• Rep: 61
#inktparents

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1238
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Big fan of Tray and his dad.

I look forward to posting on slap about Tray’s creepy tattoos in 10 years.  See you fellas then!
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 87
Damn, didn’t know this kid. This is so sad. His knees...  :-\

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
Where’s the mom at?
Teresa the Tank

Deputy Wendell

it must be utterly confusing and unnerving (terrifying?) for these kinds of dads, when their kids not only want to pursue something like skating, which these kinds of dads not only never understood, but which i bet he and his friends probably used to ridicule and attack.

it's fucking awful to watch these boobs try to make up for how little they can relate to their kids who want to skate, by barking at them as loudly and aggressively as they can to try to get them to do shit faster and higher...god forbid the kid just have fun...

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
i saw a very young Nyjah with his dad several times a week when i worked at vans skatepark. Little nyjah never skated with any other kids, only his dad. little nyjah could also heelflip board slide the rail, and do other tricks that seemed to involve skill. trea the tank is young and could still develop skills, but blasting ollies and doing 5050s isnt really progressive skating. remember how good and tech young louie was or young bledsoe. they did real tricks. hopefully dad is just biding time until young trea is ready to lean to throw a curve ball. all the money is in baseball. $15,000 a year to be in the minor leagues beats getting flowed boards as an eternal AM.

Jagr

• Rep: 116

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
They live in a house boat
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Lucky kid

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
Poor kid.
[close]

Seriously. Fuck that guy and any parent like him. For a while I was a substitute teacher for elementary and there are so many shitty parents out there, it's insane. The dad should go take a walk into oncoming traffic.

conqueso

risking your kids health and safety for fame. what a tradeoff.

n0torious

• Rep: 153
LPQ is carrying Slap on their back. Fuck jocks of all types.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
The roid ape has an iron cross tattoo, set between "mad dawg". He's the type of dude who watches Pawn Stars unironically.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
I skate with my kids and if my son said he was gonna try to ollie 17 I'd say nope, be smart dont be person
You gonna take advice from somebody who slapped Dee Barnes?

imafugyashizup

• Rep: 12
The roid ape has an iron cross tattoo, set between "mad dawg". He's the type of dude who watches Pawn Stars unironically.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
Expand Quote
I skate with my kids and if my son said he was gonna try to ollie 17 I'd say nope, be smart dont be person
[close]

excellent work
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

artskool

• Rep: 30
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
This kid's dad is fucking insane and irresponsible. Your prime directive as a parent is to protect your children. I would never let my kid try that, even if she wanted to.

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
remember when parents DIDN;T want their kids to skate?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3PFC86UNI
Lady Fanny from Omaha

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
Oddly enough I was lurking his IG last night - seems like his dad is the one who comments as the way he writes, isn't how a 9 year old would. Also, all his pictures where he's in them, seems like he's fake smiling. Looks very forced. Check his sponsor package pics if you wanna see what I mean.

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
Dude of course his dad's running his account. He's probably not allowed to have crayons at a family restaurant because he might scribble for help.

Not A Damn Chance

• Rep: 92
  • Banned from Slam
You see this sort of horse shit all over Southern California.
Another case? Maybe he’s just dumbass determined.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3IKOBnlNgg/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 422

Was going to try to find this clip because I thought it might be the same skater/dad. That clip makes me so uncomfortable. Serious child abuse to watch your kid slam his head into the side of a rail and want him to keep trying.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Deputy Wendell

all future Olympians obviously

i could see these dads--in the warped and sordid vacuums that are their minds--viewing the violence being done to these unformed child bodies, as also perhaps proving to others (since appearance is everything of course) that their kids are in fact TOUGH, despite their enthusiasm for such a traditionally "pussy" pastime practiced by freaks, fags, and misfits from bad families...

Deputy Wendell

Expand Quote

[close]

Was going to try to find this clip because I thought it might be the same skater/dad. That clip makes me so uncomfortable. Serious child abuse to watch your kid slam his head into the side of a rail and want him to keep trying.

seriously though, you don't even have to watch it--when else does a child make the sickening noises that kid makes on those beefs?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Expand Quote
[close]

Glad you caught it, had me laughing.
Gentleman ninja warlock

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
Wish I had dad like this kid
9/11 was a national tragedy

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

seriously though, you don't even have to watch it--when else does a child make the sickening noises that kid makes on those beefs?

Jesus christ. That kid took 3 slams that are harder than any I've taken in 33 years.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:52:47 AM by Betaphenylethylalamine »
Gentleman ninja warlock

Deputy Wendell

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Jesus christ. That kid took 4 slams that are harder than any I've taken in 33 years.

and thank god for that helmet doing him just all kinds of good