Author Topic: 9-Year-Old Trae ”The Tank” Montgomery Ollies A 20. But What's Up With His Dad?  (Read 108635 times)

blurst_of_times

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
This kid's dad gives off heavy BatDad vibes.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
Flood all of his primary hashtags.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
If I ever spawn a kid into this world guy or girl and feel the need to force an sport/activity on them it would definitely be golf. Loads of money, and the injuries are nothing like the beating trae is taking.

Yeah this is what fucking gets me. At least in football or hockey you get fucking paid. Skateboarding, the odds of getting paid are so much lower then all the other “sports” out their. I mean how many skaters make over a million a year? That’s commonplace for the bottom of the barrel NHL, NBA, MLB, and NFL players. Like his dads get rich scheme makes no sense at all in skateboarding. Maybe that’s all his kid wants to do, and his dad thinks he knows how to make a pro skater. I was lucky in that the big cats trained me, and I can assure you the big cats do not train the cubs like this.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
Expand Quote
Wish I had dad like this kid
[close]

I dont know where you are coming from and why you would wish for being treated like this. My dad wanted me to become a tennis pro and I am glad it wasnt the day and age of social media. He was obsessed with the idea of me making "easy" money and pretty much projected his own dreams onto me. It wasnt as bad as it looks for poor little Trae,  and yet I am still trying to make peace with my dad about this whole shitty topic. So yeah, I wouldn't wish to be in Trae's shoes and we should definitely comment on the IG account. Doesnt have to be offensive but apparently his dad needs a reality check soon. Thanks for bringing it up LPQ!

Yo u still play tennis? That’s only activity I do outside of skateboarding. I know what u mean with a parent(s) trying to push you to purse something like that and sometimes it is in the best interest but this kids dad seems like a total douche. The sweet trampstamp doesn’t help but why is he seriously having his kid huck down these huge sets and grind handrails? He’s gonna be burnt out or totally fucked with injuries before he’s even 16. From his IG , looks like he has already taken some gnarly spills

Cranberry Relish

• Rep: 25
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Def seems like the type of guy that would be willing to actually fight someone punch you in the larynx over insta comments
[close]

Expand Quote
#maddawg
[close]

[close]
Can the O-side pals give me the low on the grandeur shop? Respected? I was there a couple years back I got some weird vibes. 

Not an Oceanside local, but I was in that shop sometime in 2019 as I happened to walk by.  First and only time I've seen a skate shop that was Cash-Only. 

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 939
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
I could see him on Plan B

The dad right? total Jock Dway Vibe.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -270
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Those bails in the first page are pretty standard little kid shit. People need to get over themselves.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Can you imagine making your tiny 9 year-old go by "The Tank"? Dad has some serious inadequacy issues.

Get some therapy you abusive fuck.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You see this sort of horse shit all over Southern California.
Another case? Maybe he’s just dumbass determined.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3IKOBnlNgg/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
[close]

Was going to try to find this clip because I thought it might be the same skater/dad. That clip makes me so uncomfortable. Serious child abuse to watch your kid slam his head into the side of a rail and want him to keep trying.
[close]

seriously though, you don't even have to watch it--when else does a child make the sickening noises that kid makes on those beefs?
[close]

Jesus christ. That kid took 3 slams that are harder than any I've taken in 33 years.

Dude I was thinking the same thing. I’ve taken slams in the past, but nothing this brutal.

If I took the first slam this kid took. I’d just stay off my board for a week to rest up... my god

kid casserole

• Rep: 6
Expand Quote
Make him eat a baseball.
[close]

At least make him poop out a softball.

Unfortunately little trae will be the one doing this after the subsequent opiate addiction follows a life of not meeting a former pro ball player dad’s heavy expectations. 

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
The dad has some vacant, empty eyes, even when he's looking directly at the camera
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Charlie Hustle

Bet dad looooves Pennywise.

“This songs called ‘Bro Hymn’...”

victor doom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
  • "Have no fear of perfection, you'll never reach it
Expand Quote
[close]

"Prepare to be......Batdaded"

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
Expand Quote
Parents are flawed. I’m sure people here got spanked or were threatened with being sent to military school.
That kid probably loves the shit out of his dad and dad loves the shit out of him.
[close]

naw i've seen this kid with his dad in person a few times and those statements from LPQ's first post in the thread are definitely accurate. Especially about the kid not wanting to skate and the dad forcing him to do shit. I've seen the kid in tears after slamming on a large gap or handrail and his dad will be cursing him out for being a "pussy" instead in any way at all. And I don't mean like minor little kid slams, i mean like full body slams on the ground after hucking yourself down something and eating complete shit. Just seeing this kids face when his dad treats him that way is heartbreaking to see in person. Parent is a monster confirmed

shit like this baffles me. if complete strangers can see how upset your kid is how the fuck as a parent can you not see what youre doing to him?
 i cant stand making my son sad, even when hes being a little dick the sadness on his face when I give him into trouble is the worst.. I thought every parent felt like that?

this dude sounds like absolute scum. Im guessing the mom either died or was a complete pile for this guy to end up with full custody.

poor fuckin kid

one-off

• Rep: 105
In 2020 socal, the chimneysweep has an Insta where you can see his slams

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
Flood all of his primary hashtags.

Big brain play
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Parents are flawed. I’m sure people here got spanked or were threatened with being sent to military school.
That kid probably loves the shit out of his dad and dad loves the shit out of him.
[close]

naw i've seen this kid with his dad in person a few times and those statements from LPQ's first post in the thread are definitely accurate. Especially about the kid not wanting to skate and the dad forcing him to do shit. I've seen the kid in tears after slamming on a large gap or handrail and his dad will be cursing him out for being a "pussy" instead in any way at all. And I don't mean like minor little kid slams, i mean like full body slams on the ground after hucking yourself down something and eating complete shit. Just seeing this kids face when his dad treats him that way is heartbreaking to see in person. Parent is a monster confirmed
[close]

shit like this baffles me. if complete strangers can see how upset your kid is how the fuck as a parent can you not see what youre doing to him?
 i cant stand making my son sad, even when hes being a little dick the sadness on his face when I give him into trouble is the worst.. I thought every parent felt like that?

this dude sounds like absolute scum. Im guessing the mom either died or was a complete pile for this guy to end up with full custody.

poor fuckin kid

God. I'd hate to see what he'd do to the kid if Santa Cruz/NHS kicks him off the flow program.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
fuck this kid and his dad.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
This screams all kinds of red flags to me but I'm not sure what could actually be done about it. Any one have any serious ideas?

Dracula

• Rep: -20
LPQ is actually the dad

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
This screams all kinds of red flags to me but I'm not sure what could actually be done about it. Any one have any serious ideas?

We could drill a small hole in his houseboat

Nothing too noticeable
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Bucketguy

• Rep: 15
@asphaltposerclub on IG posted something about this kid today and there is some more comments of people backing up the lunatic dad ordeal. I can’t post screenshots. Someone else can.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
@asphaltposerclub on IG posted something about this kid today and there is some more comments of people backing up the lunatic dad ordeal. I can’t post screenshots. Someone else can.

Yeah i saw that. Weird coincidence that i close this thread and open instagram and that's  the first post i see

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
In 2020 socal, the chimneysweep has an Insta where you can see his slams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I-b_GJ4ltk

imafugyashizup

• Rep: 12
Bet dad looooves Pennywise.

“This songs called ‘Bro Hymn’...”

This had me dying and feels highly accurate.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
Can you imagine making your tiny 9 year-old go by "The Tank"? Dad has some serious inadequacy issues.

This has been going on for years. He’s been marketed like that since at least age 7
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
Expand Quote

[close]

This has been going on for years. He’s been marketed like that since at least age 7

Dad's nickname is Mad Dawg.  The son is lucky he got Tank. Could've been infinitely worse. Dodged the Lil Mad Dawg bullet.

TheDingus

There’s this other skate dad in so-cal that has two kids that look like baby cavemen with Mohawk helmets. Saw them at a demo type thing and when one of the kids wouldn’t try to jump over this picnic table set-up, the dad would cluck at him like a chicken. Felt bad for the kid, but felt worse for skateboarding as a whole

conqueso

could see them on two felons