Author Topic: 9-Year-Old Trae ”The Tank” Montgomery Ollies A 20. But What's Up With His Dad?  (Read 109222 times)

Cranberry Relish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
There’s this other skate dad in so-cal that has two kids that look like baby cavemen with Mohawk helmets. Saw them at a demo type thing and when one of the kids wouldn’t try to jump over this picnic table set-up, the dad would cluck at him like a chicken. Felt bad for the kid, but felt worse for skateboarding as a whole

Was it "StuntmanJake" ?? He sorta looks like a baby caveman, and I'm pretty sure he has a Mohawk Helmet, lol.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
Expand Quote
Wish I had dad like this kid
[close]

I dont know where you are coming from and why you would wish for being treated like this. My dad wanted me to become a tennis pro and I am glad it wasnt the day and age of social media. He was obsessed with the idea of me making "easy" money and pretty much projected his own dreams onto me. It wasnt as bad as it looks for poor little Trae,  and yet I am still trying to make peace with my dad about this whole shitty topic. So yeah, I wouldn't wish to be in Trae's shoes and we should definitely comment on the IG account. Doesnt have to be offensive but apparently his dad needs a reality check soon. Thanks for bringing it up LPQ!

cause I  want to kill my daddy again
9/11 was a national tragedy

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
I just wanna take a moment to appreciate everybody on this thread that realizes what skateboarding is and the fact that what this kid is dealing with isn't it. Fuck this dad for ruining what skateboarding could've been for him. The self exploration and experimentation that skating offers has been completely lost in pursuits of destroying his body at the demands of his fucking dad. Pure trash human being.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
Oh man his follower count is gonna tank when people catch wind of this thread

Fuck BatDad

beef_rag

• Rep: -2
Expand Quote
There’s this other skate dad in so-cal that has two kids that look like baby cavemen with Mohawk helmets. Saw them at a demo type thing and when one of the kids wouldn’t try to jump over this picnic table set-up, the dad would cluck at him like a chicken. Felt bad for the kid, but felt worse for skateboarding as a whole
[close]

Was it "StuntmanJake" ?? He sorta looks like a baby caveman, and I'm pretty sure he has a Mohawk Helmet, lol.

ha ha not stuntman Jakes dad he is pretty cool... you are talking about the shithead with two kids they wear fucking  spiky prongs on their helmets look like little pygmies . Dad is a complete asshole from denmark or something... @calikidzlb these two little dicks are major snakes one of them almost took out Anthony Hawk at the CATF .Was almost funny.

lordrandall

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: -27
  • Your Uncles Favorite Uncle.
    • tokyo 19xx avatar image
Ugh. after the Olympics is over this year. Prepare to see Rad Dad's and moms at every park.
I remember there was a asshole rad dad in grass valley. He would rage on his kid so bad.

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
Dude of course his dad's running his account. He's probably not allowed to have crayons at a family restaurant because he might scribble for help.

Holy shit way to make me laugh at a terrible situation...

When I watched this clip and he looked at the cam with this look...It hurt my soul. Thats a Thousand yard stare if I've ever seen one... I mean look at his eyes...

Abused for sure. Fuck that "dad"

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
i saw a very young Nyjah with his dad several times a week when i worked at vans skatepark. Little nyjah never skated with any other kids, only his dad. little nyjah could also heelflip board slide the rail, and do other tricks that seemed to involve skill. trea the tank is young and could still develop skills, but blasting ollies and doing 5050s isnt really progressive skating. remember how good and tech young louie was or young bledsoe. they did real tricks. hopefully dad is just biding time until young trea is ready to lean to throw a curve ball. all the money is in baseball. $15,000 a year to be in the minor leagues beats getting flowed boards as an eternal AM.

Going off of that...the poor kid doesn't even know how to soften a fall. If you watch those slam videos he's just out there ragdolling himself around. It's pretty uncomfortable to watch honestly.  I think a helmet and pads are always best for kids when they're easing into skateboarding but they're a detriment if the intention is to be indestructible like we're seeing here where this asshole literally turned his kid into a crash test dummy. And what's the point of all this? Like you said with this skill set and wear and tear on his body he's not going beyond being an eternal am.

Also from a psychological standpoint none of this is healthy either. Imagine being his age when this all started 4 or 5 years ago and going through adolescence being exploited by somebody who's supposed to nurture and develop you and being treated as just some kind of meal ticket.  I mean this is all red flag 101 from a standpoint of how to fuck up a kid's head. I hope this asshole holds on to those flat brimmed hats and  Santa Cruz shirts because that's about all he's going to get of doing this to his son. He can put them in a box next to his single A jersey.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Expand Quote
This screams all kinds of red flags to me but I'm not sure what could actually be done about it. Any one have any serious ideas?
[close]

We could drill a small hole in his houseboat

Nothing too noticeable

!!!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
Just watched his most recent revenge compilation on YouTube. Kid broke his leg skating a stair set not super long ago. Shits depressing. I will say though that he has quite a few fucking tricks he can pull down 10 stair rails which I was suprised by, in that vid I saw bs board, fs board, fs lipslide, front 50-50, front 5-0, front smith, back krook, and back feeble on 10 stair or bigger rails. As much as we want to shit on his dad, kid has a decent amount of tricks he can do on big fucking rails for his age. I wanted to watch and see if this kid was just doing Ollie’s and boardslides on giant shit before I came on here with a comment. Kid can kickflip, shuvit, and 180 down good sized shit as well. If I were this kids coach, and I’ve coached enough kids, it’s obvious the kid has the balls to skate whatever he wants, so it’s not really in his best interest in terms of getting hurt to really push him in that direction anymore. I do think skating bigger stuff when you are younger is actually the time to do it because if you are small and can skate a 10 stair handrail, it definitely will age better then learning it later so long as you don’t suffer major injuries. I would say at this point kid needs to focus on developing a flatground game, getting his switch skating down, and learning how to play on box’s, manual pads, and also learning as many tricks as possible on flat round rails. This kid actually has the potential to be a really good skateboarder, but if his dad keeps pushing him in one myopic way with his skateboarding, there’s no way this kid becomes great. He should also teach him how to carve and do some slalom. Some slalom would really open this kids style up. I could write a literal manual on how to make this kid top level and the exercises he would need to do. The Big Cat has had so many people over the years ask him how to make their kids good skaters and have been willing to pay good money. If this dad was serious and wanted an actual opinion on how to make a great skater, he really should hit up cheetah. I don’t want to see this kid get hurt when he has good potential, and someone as good as me could rationalize with the father and make him be like yo this isn’t the best route for your kid. Straight up hit up cheetah if you’re reading this Matt.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Kylo Send

This thread is straight gnarly. I wonder how this will escalate....I bet the dad won't actually fight, but if he did my money is he would whoop ass, he just looks like that. As for the kid, like I said earlier he could be pro in a few years or playing a different sport.

The nastiest thing about all this is the thread. To be calling someone a child abuser online from a different state or country is fucked up.  I can't imagine what would happen if the skate dad's and mom's in my state got accused of child abuse because of a still frame or because *gasp* a kid cried and a parent swore. This shit reminds me of the bbq 911 bitch or that other bitch calling 911 for the kid selling water bottles.

Go hang out at grocery store all day or a mall. You'll see mom's and dads go crazy on their kids all day. Call the cops and hang out waiting for them to arrive and file a report for a parent yelling. 🤔

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
If the dad wasn’t aware of SLAP before, he is now.

Comments under the first post, I think

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
This thread is straight gnarly. I wonder how this will escalate....I bet the dad won't actually fight, but if he did my money is he would whoop ass, he just looks like that. As for the kid, like I said earlier he could be pro in a few years or playing a different sport.

The nastiest thing about all this is the thread. To be calling someone a child abuser online from a different state or country is fucked up.  I can't imagine what would happen if the skate dad's and mom's in my state got accused of child abuse because of a still frame or because *gasp* a kid cried and a parent swore. This shit reminds me of the bbq 911 bitch or that other bitch calling 911 for the kid selling water bottles.

Go hang out at grocery store all day or a mall. You'll see mom's and dads go crazy on their kids all day. Call the cops and hang out waiting for them to arrive and file a report for a parent yelling. 🤔

You sound like a complete idiot.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
Lets see his dad ollie Dan Pageau el Toro.

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated

You must be a troll… Or really are you that fucking dumb?
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373

heres dad's response to all of the questioning

I dunno how people can believe the dad for simply denying these claims.

You know how easy it is  to ask somebody over social media if they did something wrong and for them to answer "nah"

If you approach anybody for having done something wrong at any time in the past, they're most likely going to deny it. Not saying that this is in the past, but this has been an ongoing thing with this dude and his child for the last few years at the minimum

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
Whats the house boat joke all about? Ive seen that in multiple threads now.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
Expand Quote

[close]

heres dad's response to all of the questioning

I dunno how people can believe the dad for simply denying these claims.

You know how easy it is  to ask somebody over social media if they did something wrong and for them to answer "nah"

If you approach anybody for having done something wrong at any time in the past, they're most likely going to deny it. Not saying that this is in the past, but this has been an ongoing thing with this dude and his child for the last few years at the minimum

The line “If you skate you know there’s no way you make yourself jump down 20 stairs and on top of him make him land it” is convoluted and weird.

Unless it’s an autocorrect issue, it’s like he’s tried to get two contradictory excuses out before either was fully formed.

“there’s no way to make yourself jump like that (so of course someone has to pressure you)”

And

“(There’s no way) to make him land it (if he actually didn’t want to)”

I wish it was clearer what he was trying to say here

« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 06:17:33 PM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139

what you've never seen the old heath house boat graphic?

no name cargos plug

Parents are flawed. I’m sure people here got spanked or were threatened with being sent to military school.
That kid probably loves the shit out of his dad and dad loves the shit out of him.
If this was the place for reasonable and logical discourse I sure as hell wouldn’t have signed up.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
@ashphaltposerclub sucks. Cornyass memes I wouldn't even have laughed at as a teen. Now he's eating the dad's shit too, must've been paid in roids and Affliction shirts. Weak.

He lives on a houseboat.

Dude is of that fake stoic shit, now that his delusional dream is at risk. Probably doing pushups while scrolling this thread with his nose, like the dog he is. Ruin all of his accounts but lookout for his son's safety.

DotGuru

• Rep: 23
Just watched his most recent revenge compilation on YouTube. Kid broke his leg skating a stair set not super long ago. Shits depressing. I will say though that he has quite a few fucking tricks he can pull down 10 stair rails which I was suprised by, in that vid I saw bs board, fs board, fs lipslide, front 50-50, front 5-0, front smith, back krook, and back feeble on 10 stair or bigger rails. As much as we want to shit on his dad, kid has a decent amount of tricks he can do on big fucking rails for his age. I wanted to watch and see if this kid was just doing Ollie’s and boardslides on giant shit before I came on here with a comment. Kid can kickflip, shuvit, and 180 down good sized shit as well. If I were this kids coach, and I’ve coached enough kids, it’s obvious the kid has the balls to skate whatever he wants, so it’s not really in his best interest in terms of getting hurt to really push him in that direction anymore. I do think skating bigger stuff when you are younger is actually the time to do it because if you are small and can skate a 10 stair handrail, it definitely will age better then learning it later so long as you don’t suffer major injuries. I would say at this point kid needs to focus on developing a flatground game, getting his switch skating down, and learning how to play on box’s, manual pads, and also learning as many tricks as possible on flat round rails. This kid actually has the potential to be a really good skateboarder, but if his dad keeps pushing him in one myopic way with his skateboarding, there’s no way this kid becomes great. He should also teach him how to carve and do some slalom. Some slalom would really open this kids style up. I could write a literal manual on how to make this kid top level and the exercises he would need to do. The Big Cat has had so many people over the years ask him how to make their kids good skaters and have been willing to pay good money. If this dad was serious and wanted an actual opinion on how to make a great skater, he really should hit up cheetah. I don’t want to see this kid get hurt when he has good potential, and someone as good as me could rationalize with the father and make him be like yo this isn’t the best route for your kid. Straight up hit up cheetah if you’re reading this Matt.

He's too small to get a flatground game.
Smaller kids need drops/ramps to do flip tricks because they can't jump high enough to do them on flat. I'd suggest that now is the time to master transition.

DotGuru

• Rep: 23

Lord Viper Scorpion

Expand Quote
[close]
Dude is of that fake stoic shit, now that his delusional dream is at risk. Probably doing pushups while scrolling this thread with his nose, like the dog he is. Ruin all of his accounts but lookout for his son's safety.

fuckin dooley has spoken

cricketclub

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
Since I know the dad has checked the thread once at least:

Like others have said, Trea could focus on transition and get more flat ground, flat bar, and ledge skills. Kid is crazy good - no need for him to huck it down 20 stairs rn - as incredibly impressive as that is. Also, tell him to watch old Bobby Puleo, Ricky Oyola, and Kieth Hufnagel parts. Shalom.
Handsome debonair fella, Got the Mellow Yellow bezel, Black rims on the Phantom same color Dr. Pepper.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
Expand Quote
[close]

Smaller kids need drops/ramps to do flip tricks because they can't jump high enough to do them on flat. I'd suggest that now is the time to master transition.

are you smoking crack? Little kids can do any flip trick. The fact you think flip tricks require strength and not board mechanics/leverage tells me a lot about what you know in regards to flip tricks/skating in general. Learning flip tricks at that age is the best because it ingrains the muscle memory before 13, then when the kid grows and gets the strength to pop that shit he’s already consistent as fuck. I’m saying this not to be a dick but because people have literally begged me to train their children. There is not a single flip trick a kid would not be able to do with proper technique. Where this is more true is technical manual/ledge skating because you need power to flip in and out correctly, but just for base flatground flips, no son, you’re fucking wrong, so fucking wrong. Plus learning how to slalom would be so much more beneficial for this kid then learning how to skate transition but that’s a whole different story.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Parents are flawed. I’m sure people here got spanked or were threatened with being sent to military school.
That kid probably loves the shit out of his dad and dad loves the shit out of him.
That was my dad, I wish I realized at the time he was too fucking cheap to send me to military school. My dad wasn't all bad though, he only got on me about school. He was proud of me for rejecting playing on the baseball All Star B Team after my friend who sucked got put on the A team because his dad was the coach.

Always supported my skating but I don't think he ever took my board away or anything. Always wanted me to be careful. He sure was a dick but he wasn't the worst.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
Expand Quote
[close]

Why do you know this? Hahah
I’ve honestly never felt the need to watch or follow any child skateboarders.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 07:20:29 PM by Esmith5488 »

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

are you smoking crack? Little kids can do any flip trick. The fact you think flip tricks require strength and not board mechanics/leverage tells me a lot about what you know in regards to flip tricks/skating in general. Learning flip tricks at that age is the best because it ingrains the muscle memory before 13, then when the kid grows and gets the strength to pop that shit he’s already consistent as fuck. I’m saying this not to be a dick but because people have literally begged me to train their children. There is not a single flip trick a kid would not be able to do with proper technique. Where this is more true is technical manual/ledge skating because you need power to flip in and out correctly, but just for base flatground flips, no son, you’re fucking wrong, so fucking wrong. Plus learning how to slalom would be so much more beneficial for this kid then learning how to skate transition but that’s a whole different story.

I fucking love The Big Cat. hahaha

You do have a point about muscle memory though. I did a ton of shove-its as a kid and even if I hardly skate I can still do them almost waist high. My kickflips are good too, the ones I posted in the shalom off I swear were a fluke because of that lame ass setup I had. You gotta believe me guys.

links, pics, and quotes

April 14, 2015

#instafame

April 15, 2015

#4yearsold