Author Topic: 9-Year-Old Trae ”The Tank” Montgomery Ollies A 20. But What's Up With His Dad?  (Read 109227 times)

dooley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
I hear his dad throws like a wilting flower emoji.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
April 14, 2015

Expand Quote
#instafame
[close]

April 15, 2015

Expand Quote
#4yearsold
[close]

No fucking 4 year old is going to do something that beats him up that badly over and over. You're gonna cry on your first shinner and want to stop for the day. Nice swollen eye as well.

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
Well since we know he's reading this.

"Trae talks back at times. He doesn't listen"

Well no shit bud, you're raising him like a commodity instead of a child.  How do you expect a child to show you any respect or even have self respect when all you've instilled in him is a purely risk reward mindset. I know single A baseball teams don't teach Social Rule System Theory but this poor kid's entire existence revolves around you exploiting him for your own gratification and gain on social media.  Deny it all you want but the way his entire social media presence is crafted is out of his control and everything in those clips and pictures points to a kid his been coached and managed and conditioned into something simply to please his failure of a father.

Let him be a kid and actually skate with other people away from the camera. Just the sheer volume of content alone on  these pages you've made for him is disturbing. We all skate, we know how time consuming it is traveling from spot to spot and the time it takes in between these trips to rest up. Not to mention the fact that he's in elementary school and spends his entire day in school. Like what time does he actually have to be a child and develop normal relationships and learn about life the way kids are supposed to?

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
Something tells me his own dad was quite the asshole himself. Totally worked out for him too his fucked up shoulder and shitty tats are awesome

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Imagine having to explain to a social worker why your small child is covered in bruises and black eyes on your IG. This guy is building his own case. Foster care would probably be a relief for this kid.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581

Well no shit bud, you're raising him like a commodity instead of a child.  How do you expect a child to show you any respect or even have self respect when all you've instilled in him is a purely risk reward mindset. I know single A baseball teams don't teach Social Rule System Theory but this poor kid's entire existence revolves around you exploiting him for your own gratification and gain on social media.  Deny it all you want but the way his entire social media presence is crafted is out of his control and everything in those clips and pictures points to a kid his been coached and managed and conditioned into something simply to please his failure of a father.

Let him be a kid and actually skate with other people away from the camera. Just the sheer volume of content alone on  these pages you've made for him is disturbing. We all skate, we know how time consuming it is traveling from spot to spot and the time it takes in between these trips to rest up. Not to mention the fact that he's in elementary school and spends his entire day in school. Like what time does he actually have to be a child and develop normal relationships and learn about life the way kids are supposed to?

I did my first tic tacs and rode a board for the first time when I was 3, and could you know ride around the driveway on my little world industries board. I then quit like 3 weeks into it and didn’t become a “skateboarder” until like 10, although I rode a board on and off in my driveway not doing tricks every summer between then, which I credit with making me realize the importance of not doing tricks.
I mean when I was a young kid and started taking it seriously, close to traes age now all I wanted to do was be a pro skateboarder. I could see his dad trying to help his son as much as possible even if it’s a fucked up way of thinking. I think he realizes that marketing the kid is the trick to getting sponsored as opposed to baseball or something where it’s purely based on statistics and win loss percentage. Now I definitely ate some shit at 3 years old, and to be honest the younger I was, the more shit I was willing to eat before giving up, I found this to be true even as I aged. Like if I get smoked now it’s fucking over, so I don’t agree with that shit. I also had a similar experience of having a black eye from jumping off my roof as kid and the school thinking my dad or mom beat me as a kid, so putting this out here like this is definitely not shalom because little kids do crazy shit, and my dad or mom definitely did not beat my ass. Like at this point everyone here thinks this dude is abusing his child and we genuinely don’t know and are making assumptions like a bunch of idiots on the internet, I mean it’s slap, but for real.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
Imagine having to explain to a social worker why your small child is covered in bruises and black eyes on your IG. This guy is building his own case. Foster care would probably be a relief for this kid.
Or maybe it’s a great alibi. “No I don’t hit him this is from skateboarding”

brwrxstl

• Tumblr avatar image
Expand Quote

[close]

I did my first tic tacs and rode a board for the first time when I was 3, and could you know ride around the driveway on my little world industries board. I then quit like 3 weeks into it and didn’t become a “skateboarder” until like 10, although I rode a board on and off in my driveway not doing tricks every summer between then, which I credit with making me realize the importance of not doing tricks.
I mean when I was a young kid and started taking it seriously, close to traes age now all I wanted to do was be a pro skateboarder. I could see his dad trying to help his son as much as possible even if it’s a fucked up way of thinking. I think he realizes that marketing the kid is the trick to getting sponsored as opposed to baseball or something where it’s purely based on statistics and win loss percentage. Now I definitely ate some shit at 3 years old, and to be honest the younger I was, the more shit I was willing to eat before giving up, I found this to be true even as I aged. Like if I get smoked now it’s fucking over, so I don’t agree with that shit. I also had a similar experience of having a black eye from jumping off my roof as kid and the school thinking my dad or mom beat me as a kid, so putting this out here like this is definitely not shalom because little kids do crazy shit, and my dad or mom definitely did not beat my ass. Like at this point everyone here thinks this dude is abusing his child and we genuinely don’t know and are making assumptions like a bunch of idiots on the internet, I mean it’s slap, but for real.

All very valid points. I personally haven't used to word "abuse" because you're right we can draw conclusions from assumptions here and that's not right even if this dude is actually "abusive".

But when you look at the things we have to go off I definitely think it's fair to call the dad "exploitative". You're absolutely right about social media being a means to an end in regards to sponsorship and shit. However when you look at hashtags like "grandeur" and "instafame" and read comments from the guy it gives serious credibility to the stories about him being demeaning to his son in public and makes the overly managed social media accounts look weird as well.

Most of us were under age 10 using some form of social media. I had a fucking geocities page dedicated to Korn at that age (and was deep into skateboarding) so you'd think there would some form of personal expression from Trae on his own pages. These pages just feel like a marketing tool from the dad more than Trae's own outlet which again reinforces  the "exploitative" nature of  everything.

I just think it's sad. Is it uncommon?  No and unfortunately because of social media this stuff is more prevalent than it's ever been. But in this case being skateboarders we know what "normal" is in regards to how somebody skating at that level should be. I mean just the way he slams like a wet mop alone gives the impression that his entire time on a skateboard has been about being a hashtag. It started as #4yearoldskater and now here we are at #9yearoldskater or #10yearoldkater. What I mean by that is that  I think his entire time skateboarding has been about producing these "stunts" or whatever that audience of 47 thousand instagram followers see them as more than a kid falling in love with and progressing at skateboarding on his own.

The poor kid seems negatively conditioned to just going out and doing the biggest shit possible for the sake of producing content is my point and that's unfortunate.

Stephens Lawyer

• Rep: 139
lemme see that korn geocities page fuckin please

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
All we need to do is post a thread titled "Trae the Tank's dad is a Nazi and Santa Cruz loves him"

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

All very valid points. I personally haven't used to word "abuse" because you're right we can draw conclusions from assumptions here and that's not right even if this dude is actually "abusive".

But when you look at the things we have to go off I definitely think it's fair to call the dad "exploitative". You're absolutely right about social media being a means to an end in regards to sponsorship and shit. However when you look at hashtags like "grandeur" and "instafame" and read comments from the guy it gives serious credibility to the stories about him being demeaning to his son in public and makes the overly managed social media accounts look weird as well.

Most of us were under age 10 using some form of social media. I had a fucking geocities page dedicated to Korn at that age (and was deep into skateboarding) so you'd think there would some form of personal expression from Trae on his own pages. These pages just feel like a marketing tool from the dad more than Trae's own outlet which again reinforces  the "exploitative" nature of  everything.

I just think it's sad. Is it uncommon?  No and unfortunately because of social media this stuff is more prevalent than it's ever been. But in this case being skateboarders we know what "normal" is in regards to how somebody skating at that level should be. I mean just the way he slams like a wet mop alone gives the impression that his entire time on a skateboard has been about being a hashtag. It started as #4yearoldskater and now here we are at #9yearoldskater or #10yearoldkater. What I mean by that is that  I think his entire time skateboarding has been about producing these "stunts" or whatever that audience of 47 thousand instagram followers see them as more than a kid falling in love with and progressing at skateboarding on his own.

The poor kid seems negatively conditioned to just going out and doing the biggest shit possible for the sake of producing content is my point and that's unfortunate.

Very rational and well thought out response, prolly my favorite and best take of the issue on the fuck dad side. I definitely think you are as far as I would go on talking negatively about the dad.  Like I think the truth is a mixture of that^^ and not knowing how his kid should be trained and wanting to be a good dad. I think it’s definitely muddy territory and the answer prolly lies somewhere in between, but I don’t think he’s beating his fucking kid, and I also think if the kid can actually step to 20 stair handrails and land them that’s crazy and what muddys this discussion further.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched

Seconded.  I know I definitely had a webpage like that
at one point in my life.  A couple dragon ball z pictures, some dancing hamsters, tiled tiny moving gifs for wallpaper.  Had a whole section devoted to Limp Bizkit.

But that was almost 2 years ago.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Expand Quote
[close]
Or maybe it’s a great alibi. “No I don’t hit him this is from skateboarding”
That actually happened to Tony Hawk. I read it in his book and he says it in the Bones Brigade doc that a Dr pulled him aside and asked if his parents beat him he was going to the hospital so much from injuries.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2209
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Expand Quote
Whats the house boat joke all about? Ive seen that in multiple threads now.
[close]

what you've never seen the old heath house boat graphic?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

KP

• Rep: 16
Trae ... "the tank" ??  just by starting this way, you know the whole story is gonna be fucked up ... and anything i've been reading in this thread or on instagram about/from his dad is a solid proof.

Not even speaking about the kid's knees and body in a few years or about the loads of shit he eats already.
i wish he will be able to skate as long as possible if he wants and enjoys to but all this is smelling surgery at 12 ... i really hope i'm wrong on this one

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
this kid is just gonna be that one friend who will Ollie everything but honestly suck at everything else.

brwrxstl

• Tumblr avatar image
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Very rational and well thought out response, prolly my favorite and best take of the issue on the fuck dad side. I definitely think you are as far as I would go on talking negatively about the dad.  Like I think the truth is a mixture of that^^ and not knowing how his kid should be trained and wanting to be a good dad. I think it’s definitely muddy territory and the answer prolly lies somewhere in between, but I don’t think he’s beating his fucking kid, and I also think if the kid can actually step to 20 stair handrails and land them that’s crazy and what muddys this discussion further.

And the thing with him being physically abusive is that it would actually be counterproductive in the scheme of things. I mean here's a dad who's basically relying on his kid "making it big" to validate his own failed dreams of "#granduer". And the thing with these stage dad types is that because they are so devoid of any concept of childhood in regards to social norms (the ones here in America) that they don't think they're emotionally crippling their kids either. I mean by all accounts Trae seems to live in a nice area and he probably truly is "spoiled" and has a "good life" in the same way Jockey's think stabling their horses in nice places gives them a "good life". In both cases the exploitation doesn't register with the "handlers" because the care they provide is indeed superficially good and with these types of parents they either trauma bond their children to the idea of shared success or just negatively reinforce it to such a point they that perceive their children as being on board with this kind of shitt because the kid is terrified to say otherwise because they don't want to let their parents down. That's what sucks is that kids are hardwired to please their parents.

Unfortunately all of that creates equally as strong social deficits in children as out right locking them in a basement everynight in the sense that they're still depriving their kids of traditional human conditioning and social interaction on top of being frigid and overly demanding. That's just what makes these scenarios sad is that by placing so much emphasis on "#instafame" people like Mr Single A Baseball basically set their kids up for failure in the sense that they instill the same vapid mindset into the children.

It just bums me out to see skateboarding in the same realm of things like pageantry and sports in regards to something  hashtag hungry parents would even try to cash in on. I mean at the point most of us started skating it was something our parents hated us doing. I'm rooting for the kid though and I Hope everything aside he does at least somewhat enjoy skateboarding and that skateboarding itself provides him an opportunity to get away from this guy.

Here's about as close to the ruins of a once great civilization that I could find:

ItsNoUse

• Rep: -15
Expand Quote
[close]

at one point in my life.  A couple dragon ball z pictures, some dancing hamsters, tiled tiny moving gifs for wallpaper.  Had a whole section devoted to Limp Bizkit.

PFFFFF - THAT SHIT HAD ME DYING BRUH   ;D

Tom Hanks is the Heath Kirchart of the acting world.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Dad is the love child of Kenny Powers and Nyjahs father

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
Depressing stuff, clearly the dad is someone who thinks pro sports is the only form of success and tries to re-do his failed attempt through his kid.

Still fucking weird to see this stuff in skateboarding, as skateboarding is still nowhere near as lucrative of a career as major sports, and is largely based on luck. There's a handful of pros that might make close to the minimum salary of any major sports league.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
Bet this asshole used to play "Who Let the Dogs Out" everytime he came running onto the field, all giddy for his t-ball match.

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
That poor kid... Why would you post your beat up kid online? That's horrible where is his mother? Where is CPS?

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • Free Max B
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

PFFFFF - THAT SHIT HAD ME DYING BRUH   ;D
this is now a Korn/ Geocities thread. fuck this stupid kid and his dumbass dad.

free max  b
FREE MAX B

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • Free Max B
also i think i found that dudes geocities. i got you bro.

free max b
FREE MAX B

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663

One of us

dooley

• SLAP Pal
It's why he got fat after. Dude got rich then became a gourmet burrito addict after weaning off his xanax addiction. Boom na da noom na na nema, da boom na da noom na namena.

fongool

• Rep: 94
https://www.facebook.com/MadDawg66

unsurprisingly, dad is a Trump fan and despite never playing a single game in the major league, has this as his work history:

PL0P

• Rep: 11

PL0P

• Rep: 11
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He played professional baseball for ten years and has not enough money to let his kid enjoy life?pretty sad!!!
He think it’s easy to get rich in skateboarding ;D
[close]

This smells of ten years in single A. He never made it so he’s going to force his kid to be the best. His dad probably did the same thing with baseball and he failed and let him down so he won’t let trae “fail”.
[close]

https://www.tradingcarddb.com/GalleryP.cfm/pid/72591/Matt-Montgomery

https://www.mlb.com/player/matt-montgomery-408041

[close]
so for people that don’t understand minor league baseball, to put it simply, this dude played at a level just above college. AA is the second lowest level, and for pitchers it’s make or break time. if you can pitch well in AA, you’ll get bumped to the majors at some point. if you’re pitching in AA for years, your shot at the majors was gone in the first year, and you’re just too stubborn or stupid to see the writing on the wall. also, AA players make like 15,000 a year in 2020, can’t imagine how little this moron made throughout his “career”

spot on, his numbers were painfully mediocre too. Odds are the last team he was on let him go for a new vending machine.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He played professional baseball for ten years and has not enough money to let his kid enjoy life?pretty sad!!!
He think it’s easy to get rich in skateboarding ;D
[close]

This smells of ten years in single A. He never made it so he’s going to force his kid to be the best. His dad probably did the same thing with baseball and he failed and let him down so he won’t let trae “fail”.
[close]

https://www.tradingcarddb.com/GalleryP.cfm/pid/72591/Matt-Montgomery

https://www.mlb.com/player/matt-montgomery-408041

[close]
so for people that don’t understand minor league baseball, to put it simply, this dude played at a level just above college. AA is the second lowest level, and for pitchers it’s make or break time. if you can pitch well in AA, you’ll get bumped to the majors at some point. if you’re pitching in AA for years, your shot at the majors was gone in the first year, and you’re just too stubborn or stupid to see the writing on the wall. also, AA players make like 15,000 a year in 2020, can’t imagine how little this moron made throughout his “career”
[close]

spot on, his numbers were painfully mediocre too. Odds are the last team he was on let him go for a new vending machine.
They let him go for a new trash can to bang on.