Author Topic: 9-Year-Old Trae ”The Tank” Montgomery Ollies A 20. But What's Up With His Dad?  (Read 109188 times)

JohnnySaintLethal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 15
I’m only being a contrarian and bored. But when I was 10 I used to jump off my garage roof (that was a normal 9-10ft drop) for fun and land straight legged. When it came to skating I didn’t develop any technical abilities til I was in my late teens so I never tried jumping off stuff or anything that wasn’t in my comfort zone. This kid seems like he has talent and I’m not saying the dad isn’t influencing him into some shit, but I’d be hard pressed this kid isn’t also along for the ride as well. Kids a skate rat albeit not my favorite type and he’s just gonna be an Instagram skater but whatever. If anyone has actual proof the dad is beating him speak up but just from what I see. Jock dad and kid who Ollies big gaps.

I see the one kid devin Flynn in philly a lot and he’s on the little grom Santa cruise team his dad brings him everywhere and he does 540s in the 8ft  bowl. I think he’s 11. Anyways little kids skate and some little kids are pretty fucking good.

I’m just drunk and feel like arguing ha.

Davethedavedave

• Rep: -101
People are just salty becuz Mad Dawg be getting all the bitches

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
So which is it LPQ?

First you make the thread which insinuates that the father is making his kid jump ofoff big shit, and now you backpedal and show people saying that this isn’t the case?

Which is it?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
So which is it LPQ?

First you make the thread which insinuates that the father is making his kid jump ofoff big shit, and now you backpedal and show people saying that this isn’t the case?

Which is it?

He supplies links, pics, and quotes. Interpret how you will.

satan

• Rep: 38

Expand Quote
do you by chance remember that interview?
[close]

[5:43]

Expand Quote
Nigel: So Trae - what was the scariest thing about trying to ollie Rincon?

Trae: Me clipping.

Nigel: You clipping?

Trae: Yeah. And that actually did happen.

Nigel: Yeah. That was pretty crazy dude.
[close]

[6:56]

Expand Quote
Nigel: Alright Trae - so when you tried Rincon - that was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. But I did see in the comments that a lot of people think that your dad forces you to do it. And I was there. I know your dad doesn't force you to do anything...But we were all about to leave, and me and my filmer actually got outside the gate, and then they didn't come. And I was like, "Wait, where are they?" So I called, and Trae's dad was like, "Hey - he's trying it again! He's trying it again! He just already tried it once." So we rush back in, and Trae decided to want to try it again after we started to leave. He's like - what'd you say?

Trae: I said, "I'm just gonna get this. I don't care if I fall or hurt myself." I just wanted to get it.

Nigel: And then after that first slam too, like, you weren't even, like, hurt. So - it looks gnarly. It does. I'm gonna admit that.

Trae: It did hurt, but not enough for me to stop trying it.

Nigel: 'Cus you just wanted to get it that bad, right?

Trae: Mmhmm.

Nigel: So these haters - they just don't understand how tough this guy really is. He's a freaking tank. Trae "The Tank." Handlin' biz bro. And if a kid is really hurt - we know when they're hurt, and we're gonna have them stop. Any skater. Period. I don't like seeing anyone skate hurt or get hurt. So - but if a skater wants to try something and we have faith in their abilities, we're gonna let 'em try. Got that Trae?

Trae: Yeah.
[close]
Your Honor, defense is leading the witness..

Clock3rs

• Rep: 2
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
do you by chance remember that interview?
[close]

[5:43]

Expand Quote
Nigel: So Trae - what was the scariest thing about trying to ollie Rincon?

Trae: Me clipping.

Nigel: You clipping?

Trae: Yeah. And that actually did happen.

Nigel: Yeah. That was pretty crazy dude.
[close]

[6:56]

Expand Quote
Nigel: Alright Trae - so when you tried Rincon - that was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. But I did see in the comments that a lot of people think that your dad forces you to do it. And I was there. I know your dad doesn't force you to do anything...But we were all about to leave, and me and my filmer actually got outside the gate, and then they didn't come. And I was like, "Wait, where are they?" So I called, and Trae's dad was like, "Hey - he's trying it again! He's trying it again! He just already tried it once." So we rush back in, and Trae decided to want to try it again after we started to leave. He's like - what'd you say?

Trae: I said, "I'm just gonna get this. I don't care if I fall or hurt myself." I just wanted to get it.

Nigel: And then after that first slam too, like, you weren't even, like, hurt. So - it looks gnarly. It does. I'm gonna admit that.

Trae: It did hurt, but not enough for me to stop trying it.

Nigel: 'Cus you just wanted to get it that bad, right?

Trae: Mmhmm.

Nigel: So these haters - they just don't understand how tough this guy really is. He's a freaking tank. Trae "The Tank." Handlin' biz bro. And if a kid is really hurt - we know when they're hurt, and we're gonna have them stop. Any skater. Period. I don't like seeing anyone skate hurt or get hurt. So - but if a skater wants to try something and we have faith in their abilities, we're gonna let 'em try. Got that Trae?

Trae: Yeah.
[close]
[close]
Your Honor, defense is leading the witness..

Sorry but that does not proove anything. A 9 years old is unlikely able to defend himself nor does he really know what he is actually into. Not saying, that Trae can not speak for himself, but I hardly doubt he understands his situation

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
So which is it LPQ?

Which is it?
LPQ is impartial motherfucker. put some respect on that name

morningcommute

Expand Quote
So which is it LPQ?

Which is it?
[close]

He’s doing gods work but far from impartial, let’s be real.

iNeverSkated

• Rep: 36
  • is this right?
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So which is it LPQ?

Which is it?
[close]
[close]

That would be a good thread. We all love and respect and gargle LPQ's balls, but what's their agenda? He's rolling out info like the QAnon of the skate industry, but what's he/she/they getting out of it? Are they actually an agent of white nationalists deflecting attention from the true racists by getting everyone to focus on red herrings like 1010?

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
He barely ollied at all on rincon. Just basically landed a crash

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
So Nigel just films like kids and shit now?

Frontsaladbowl

I think I’m only pissed cause my dad wasn’t there rooting me on with a camera in one hand and a fist of hope in the other. Took 3 to 4 years to make have my dad realize I didn’t like football at all, it was a waste of my time.

morningcommute

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So which is it LPQ?

Which is it?
[close]
[close]

[close]

That would be a good thread. We all love and respect and gargle LPQ's balls, but what's their agenda? He's rolling out info like the QAnon of the skate industry, but what's he/she/they getting out of it? Are they actually an agent of white nationalists deflecting attention from the true racists by getting everyone to focus on red herrings like 1010?

I had it in my head that lpq mentioned in the JT lawsuit thread that he was Kyle beachy from vent city but I just did a quick search and can’t find that post so maybe I’ve imagined it.
I Have a poor memory so apologies if I’m way off. Was anyone else under the impression?
Not out to dox anyone but yeah, if beachy is lpq then he definitely has an agenda. you could argue a justifiable agenda but still an agenda all the same

Nigel coaxing Trae into saying he consents to the activity is fucking trash
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 10:36:04 AM by morningcommute »

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Should DM his sponsors tell them to stop encouraging this
[close]

I'm becoming that guy but I actually did DM Andrew Cannon to get his opinion on this when I first saw the thread. No response so far. I like Andrew, he seems levelheaded so I'd like to hear his thoughts.

It reminds me of John Cardiel's Epicly Laterd, where Phelps tells a story about how John's dad was an ex-Marine I believe, and made John jump off a 70-foot bridge or something when he was seven or eight. Obviously it's water instead of concrete, and it's not skateboarding, but in my opinion it's still not the right way to raise a child. Not talking badly about Cardiel's family, I just don't agree with that.

Furthermore, it also reminds me of a PhD candidate who wanted to make her kids "strong" so she would show them horror movies...her kids were 5-8 years old. These backwards-ass misconceptions of parenting continue to be used. I don't get it.
[close]
I let my son do things he wants to do and try to avoid pushing him. I don’t get the point in trying to show your kids how hard the world is going to be- they’ll find out on their own and there’s no real way to prepare for the hardest things in life.

Got a response from Cannon yesterday saying that they're looking into it. He also apologized about the late response. He's a good man in my books.

chipped tail

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -42
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So which is it LPQ?

Which is it?
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I had it in my head that lpq mentioned in the JT lawsuit thread that he was Kyle beachy from vent city but I just did a quick search and can’t find that post so maybe I’ve imagined it.
I Have a poor memory so apologies if I’m way off. Was anyone else under the impression?
Not out to dox anyone but yeah, if beachy is lpq then he definitely has an agenda. you could argue a justifiable agenda but still an agenda all the same

Nigel coaxing Trae into saying he consents to the activity is fucking trash
my guess is that LPQ is SLAP admins drumming up content for threads to boost user activity here so they can sell ads for the bedazzled John Dixon Emerica shoe.

Kylo Send

So which is it LPQ?

Which is it?

Like the dumb Korn bull shit wasn't back peddling enough. I followed the kid for a few days, watched his stories, then unfollowed. So much commotion and no adulting whatsoever. "I've seen him at the park, harassing his son." Well do something about it homie. "Nah dog, I'll talk shit on slap instead." Typical peter pan air head bullshit.

Props to the person above about jumping off high shit when you're a kid. Thanks for the reminder I used to climb. 👍

But in all honesty I'm curious what the medical impact is on these pre-puberty kids hucking off big sets from the mouth of a doctor. Maybe like that skate doctor in LA everyone see's. It would be cool to hear his take.

Lord Viper Scorpion

i can't wait until this kid gets his head caved in and you all have to publicly apologize to lpq. oh man, that's going to be great. besides the dead kid part.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So which is it LPQ?

Which is it?
[close]
[close]

I back that. He had a post on instagram accusing Koston of using a homophobic slur for calling someone a cocksucker. I don't even like Koston but that's bullshit. His posts are generally pretty good for discussion on here but this insta shit is like scrounging for a story.

Mantis tabogin

• Rep: -7
His Agro jock dad probably makes him watch and study josliln's video parts everyday, while he makes him guzzle a BROtein shake

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
His Agro jock dad probably makes him watch and study EURO josliln's NEW STREET video part everyday, while he makes him guzzle a BROtein shake
[/quote

Davethedavedave

• Rep: -101
Still much rather skate with Mad Dawg than Jamie Thomas. Thats how much of a fucking kook Jamie is

links, pics, and quotes

Switch FS K-Swiss Grind

• Rep: 76
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So which is it LPQ?

Which is it?
[close]
[close]

[close]
I back that. He had a post on instagram accusing Koston of using a homophobic slur for calling someone a cocksucker. I don't even like Koston but that's bullshit. His posts are generally pretty good for discussion on here but this insta shit is like scrounging for a story.
wait, LPQ has an insta?
Handle pls
on the commentary for the scene where jeremy klein rollerblades at that little skatepark he said the actual blader with dreads who was there came up to him and asked him if he listens to korn

Shifty Flip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming

Andrew Cannon must've looked into it like he said he would. Or did Mad Dawg demand more money and Olympic access and get denied? 

Seriously though, buying a stolen bike of of a homeless man and trying to pass it off as helping both you son and the homeless man is a bad look. Be honest with yourself and your kid.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Classic abuser move, leading questions that are only open to agreeing with

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -277
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Expand Quote

[close]

Andrew Cannon must've looked into it like he said he would. Or did Mad Dawg demand more money and Olympic access and get denied? 

Seriously though, buying a stolen bike of of a homeless man and trying to pass it off as helping both you son and the homeless man is a bad look. Be honest with yourself and your kid.
Relax man. A bike being stolen is a part of the bikes life cycle. Single father doesn’t need to be spending $1000 on a new bike for some kid that shreds on a skateboard. Also it teaches him a bit about life, don’t leave your bike outside or that guy will be here selling it.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
LPQ, did you add Street Hassle or were they just watching Baker 3
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
Expand Quote

[close]

I wish I knew someone who said "I bought a bike off a homeless person to help them out" just so I could tell them how fucking stupid they are.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
I honestly feel so bad for this kid. He can’t even kick it on the couch without his dad putting a god damn camera in his face.

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
I honestly feel so bad for this kid. He can’t even kick it on the couch without his dad putting a god damn camera in his face.

Have you tried writing a letter?
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore