Author Topic: 9-Year-Old Trae ”The Tank” Montgomery Ollies A 20. But What's Up With His Dad?  (Read 108632 times)

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
If I were a rad-dad, I would force my kid to skate like Mark Suciu. Make that ungrateful burden turn every session into a math equation and I would yell at him every single time he missed the switch/reverse line.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
why would you want your kid to be really good at big gaps... poor kids gonna be on crutches/wheelchair by the time hes 40

It’s not even translatable into an Olympics skill, which I’d assume would be the whole point

Sandygoat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -45
  • THE BIGGEST SHALOMIE
IMO I think the dad believes that the kid will heal from his injuries ( dubious) and the whole juxtaposition of small child big obstacle is truly groundbreaking. It is like a side show circus act but with less comedy and more child abuse.  . He has turned his kid into a gimmick which will harm whatever career he has left ( image wise and health wise). Definitely not kosher to say the least.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
kinda bummed that Santa Cruz is pushing this kid like this is something to emulate or aspire to
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

flintstagram

• Rep: 80
kinda bummed that Santa Cruz is pushing this kid like this is something to emulate or aspire to

This. I like a lot of the shit the SC crew is doing, but this is just awful. Not a fan of promoting this at all.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
Dont really want to compare them because that adds further hype but both Nyjah and Sheckler were waaaaay better as groms than this kid
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
why would you want your kid to be really good at big gaps... poor kids gonna be on crutches/wheelchair by the time hes 40

because thats the only metric non-skater rad-dads can judge - gnarlyness

IpathCats

Dont really want to compare them because that adds further hype but both Nyjah and Sheckler were waaaaay better as groms than this kid

That's why I don't think anyone that knows what's up really cares about this kid. And in that way, we're all kinda like his father.

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
Is there anybody who was known for skating in that style that young who went on to have a successful career? That sort of skill level doesn't translate to being a good skater when you're older. Skaters like Nigel and Sheckler had way more technical ability when they were kids
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

padded_shorts

• Rep: 5
Nigel
No.

WPG

• Rep: -8
Is there anybody who was known for skating in that style that young who went on to have a successful career? That sort of skill level doesn't translate to being a good skater when you're older. Skaters like Nigel and Sheckler had way more technical ability when they were kids

https://youtu.be/XG-Q6kqxkxc
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Expand Quote
[close]

https://youtu.be/XG-Q6kqxkxc
i wonder if this slam is responsible for why his arms dont work normally now.

Merman

• Rep: -40

Excatly. Trae and Ocean will be crippled in their 20's at this rate. Call child protective services for fuck's sake.

RapedByRepublicans

• Rep: -17
Expand Quote
[close]

Excatly. Trae and Ocean will be crippled in their 20's at this rate. Call child protective services for fuck's sake.
Expand Quote
[close]

Did youse guys read his dad's recent interview in The Bible... Certainly seemed like he loved his kid... How much older is/was CJ? 

I don't know he came across as genuine and caring to me.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
^^^
Are you kidding me? It was a fluff piece to cover all the hate he’s been getting. Basically a PR stunt.
Why didn’t Trae not even get a quote? Let the boy speak for himself.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s not even translatable into an Olympics skill, which I’d assume would be the whole point

Jaws is probably the best at in the world and he is barely on Footprint
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Merman

• Rep: -40
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Jaws is probably the best at in the world and he is barely on Footprint

Jaws' dad is a bit like Trae's dad but with more concern for his son's safety, I gather.

Watitdo

The skate conspiracy that you won't be able to walk at an older age because of jumping down stuff when your a pre-teen is not true. It's actually better to do that shit at that age. If a kid broke a growth plate then there would be problems.

Glurmpz

The skate conspiracy that you won't be able to walk at an older age because of jumping down stuff when your a pre-teen is not true. It's actually better to do that shit at that age. If a kid broke a growth plate then there would be problems.

Clearly you don't know many skaters who tried to come up going big. I know too many to count who don't even skate anymore because they blew their knees out.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/

Damn that's cool, while you're at it would you like to pay for my disc realignment surgery?

Seriously that shit is bad for anyone, let alone a kid who's being hounded by his own dad to destroy his body... for vicarious fulfillment?

I don't know a single skater my age who's stoked on having spent their teens jumping down gaps. I'm fucked, but I got lucky. Most of my old friends pop pills and can't stop drinking. Gotta stunt the pain somehow :-[

Fuck "The Bible" (gag) for endorsing this abusive shit, fuck all the skate co's scavenging for instagram clout, and fuck this bat-dad kook most of all.

Edit: Glurmpz you nailed it. RIP knees :-\

Blueabyssofthisss

Slap of huckmode database

Watitdo

Yup clowns I know many that have blown out their knees and torn ACL, MCL, twice on both knees, rehabilitated and are ripping now.

You are claiming that 5-12 year olds jumping down 10 stairs will end up in a wheelchair and claiming that's child abuse are fucking major kooks.

Also claiming that today's pros didn't hit big gaps when they were pre-teens and need assistance walking is major bullshit. There is not one pro in the history of pro skating walking with a cane because of a pre-teen stair set or gap injury. That would mean they went through their whole pro career using a fucking cane and could say it came from this specific session when I was 7 ollieing a 10 stair lmao.

Ask a medical expert about pre-teens and their bones, unless you are scared to.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
Yup clowns I know many that have blown out their knees and torn ACL, MCL, twice on both knees, rehabilitated and are ripping now.

You are claiming that 5-12 year olds jumping down 10 stairs will end up in a wheelchair and claiming that's child abuse are fucking major kooks.

Also claiming that today's pros didn't hit big gaps when they were pre-teens and need assistance walking is major bullshit. There is not one pro in the history of pro skating walking with a cane because of a pre-teen stair set or gap injury. That would mean they went through their whole pro career using a fucking cane and could say it came from this specific session when I was 7 ollieing a 10 stair lmao.

Repeated heavy impact stress on growing bones while a douche bag Californian single dad yells at you while he's recording you is recommended by 9 out of 10 medical professionals

#freetrae

Glurmpz

Are you 15? Lol.

I'm telling you straight up my friend, I know former pros and many other skaters who can't skate anymore because they focussed on doing big shit when they were younger. You seem to be really hung up on the age when injuries happen, while I'm talking about the long term effects of this type of skating in general. Trae seems to be into huge drops. If he continues on that path for much longer, he will be feeling it for the rest of his life, trust me. I barely fucked with gaps and rails and at 43 my body is a painful wreck, but I can still skate because I kept it more low impact most of the time.

But yeah - hit us with links to these rippers who blew both knees twice and are still ripping on the same level. Love to see it. That's inspiring. Something tells me you made that up though.

Ed boy

• Rep: 79
Matt Montgomery is a piece of shit

I worked at the Etnies Skatepark in Lake Forest for the last 5 years and this dude would bring his kid to the park and force him to skate the biggest obstacles. He would push Trae to the brink of tears to skate the 11 stair.

Trae skated in our contest and got 4th place and Matt confronted us in the office about it.
He yelled in our faces about how his kid should have won.

His wife told us "We have 30 thousand followers, you guys are done"

Fuck that dude.

I feel bad for the kid, who knows what he goes through behind closed doors.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
As someone who skates, this shit makes me super bummed. As a father, it makes me fucking disgusted.

He’s such an abusive piece of shit it hurts to watch.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
Matt Montgomery is a piece of shit

I worked at the Etnies Skatepark in Lake Forest for the last 5 years and this dude would bring his kid to the park and force him to skate the biggest obstacles. He would push Trae to the brink of tears to skate the 11 stair.

Trae skated in our contest and got 4th place and Matt confronted us in the office about it.
He yelled in our faces about how his kid should have won.

His wife told us "We have 30 thousand followers, you guys are done"

Fuck that dude.

I feel bad for the kid, who knows what he goes through behind closed doors.

Ive definitely seen this happen in person at the park. Regardless of whatever his dad said in the interview, the dynamic between him and his kid is significantly worse in person

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H

lol why would anyone be scared to do that
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
Expand Quote
[close]

lol why would anyone be scared to do that

Favorite slap exchange.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.