Author Topic: Rehoboth Beach, Delaware  (Read 3134 times)

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
« on: February 25, 2020, 10:56:10 AM »
going down there for the dogfish head brewery in a few weekends. no clue about what else is down there. any recommendations food/skate/surf/drink would be welcomed. thx y'all
good come sausage

iwishilivedinfinla

Re: Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 11:21:53 AM »
hit the Epworth park.  There's also a Vans outlet right across from it

dr. radishh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 77
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 01:44:32 PM »
epworth park for sure, you'll pass it on your way to dogfish head. also, probably not worth going out of your way for it, but i've always wanted to properly wax
. unfortunately traffic is heavy around the bend during tourist season when i go.

sick town, would love to live there someday. have fun

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 05:03:41 PM »
Ep is going to be your best bet there honestly. If you plan on surfing I would go to the Indian river inlet or cape henlopen but it’s too cold for me to be doing that shit.
Was there last month and a ton of new food places have popped up but I hear the big chill surf cantina is decent

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 05:18:30 PM »
Aside from what everyone else said, If you're into hiking and biking, Cape Henlopen rules. Dogfish, Surf Bagel, and Grotto Pizza are my go-tos for food (Caveat: people who didn't grow up going to Rehoboth tend to hate Grotto but I love it).

It's too early but if for some reason Funland is open, go on the Haunted Mansion ride.

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2020, 06:35:40 AM »
Aside from what everyone else said, If you're into hiking and biking, Cape Henlopen rules. Dogfish, Surf Bagel, and Grotto Pizza are my go-tos for food (Caveat: people who didn't grow up going to Rehoboth tend to hate Grotto but I love it).

It's too early but if for some reason Funland is open, go on the Haunted Mansion ride.

Gross swirl of sauce and cheddar cheese on pizza is the real reason bud.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 07:57:15 AM »
Haven't been to Rehoboth in awhile  but I remember Epworth when it was just a half pipe next to a church. Crazy to see its a real park now, definitely hitting that place next trip I go down.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

csb711

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 08:22:32 AM »
Epworth park is great, awesome mellow bank to ledge. Really only here to say Nicola pizza has the best stromboli’s ever (nico-bolis), and taco reho is an awesome taco truck but not sure if it’s open outside of the busy season
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 08:25:24 AM by csb711 »

dr. radishh

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 08:27:09 AM »
Haven't been to Rehoboth in awhile  but I remember Epworth when it was just a half pipe next to a church. Crazy to see its a real park now, definitely hitting that place next trip I go down.

yo that ramp sucked! unless you're talking about the one that was basically in the woods - that one was alright. i'm so glad they started building more/better stuff. the bank to ledge and the huge manny pad with ledges on top are A+

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 10:14:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

More pizza for me then.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2020, 10:37:49 AM »
Dude I managed that vans for a summer and only skated that shitty ramp and they had two grey quarters and maybe a box. It was cool to see what it became

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 10:38:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

yo that ramp sucked! unless you're talking about the one that was basically in the woods - that one was alright. i'm so glad they started building more/better stuff. the bank to ledge and the huge manny pad with ledges on top are A+

That manny pad with the slappy curb is the best. If we had that at my local I might not ever go anywhere else.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 11:28:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

More pizza for me then.
Just skip the Rehoboth trip and go to Ocean City MD for Dough Roller slices.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

iwishilivedinfinla

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 12:37:47 PM »
Really only here to say Nicola pizza has the best stromboli’s ever (nico-bolis)

BIG facts

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2020, 01:01:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dude I managed that vans for a summer and only skated that shitty ramp and they had two grey quarters and maybe a box. It was cool to see what it became

Yup that was it. My parents used to drive us all down in the summer all the time. Once we found out about it, we spent the whole day there while they shopped. Got some good deals on vans too back then too, good times.

MusclesMarinara

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2020, 01:03:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nah it was the two grey ones haha. I was probably 13-14 so I didn't know any better. Was just stoked to get to skate instead of awkwardly standing around in the outlets while my parents shopped.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2020, 01:04:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

More pizza for me then.
[close]
Just skip the Rehoboth trip and go to Ocean City MD for Dough Roller slices.
Plus if your driving down that way Uber bagels is a must stop

dr. radishh

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2020, 01:25:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Nah it was the two grey ones haha. I was probably 13-14 so I didn't know any better. Was just stoked to get to skate instead of awkwardly standing around in the outlets while my parents shopped.

that's what i'm thinking of, forgot they were two separate quarterpipes

i've got a week off work in march and damn, this thread is really making me consider a rehoboth/epworth trip. anyone tryna meet up and slappy the shit out of that curb with me?

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 02:39:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

BIG facts

I fucking love Slap. Nicola is the shit!

Epworth park is hella fun, I also saw Jimi Britches in a surf shop there once, right on the boardwalk. They sell skate stuff and he was making fun of their deck selection. A month later he got fired from FA.
p-shuvs and v-flips

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2020, 05:13:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

BIG facts
[close]

I fucking love Slap. Nicola is the shit!

Epworth park is hella fun, I also saw Jimi Britches in a surf shop there once, right on the boardwalk. They sell skate stuff and he was making fun of their deck selection. A month later he got fired from FA.
In all fairness that shop does have a whack selection.

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2020, 10:33:12 AM »
shoutout to all of you who made rec's by the way, we had a stellar weekend down there. pretty much exclusively did dogfish head things (brewery, brewpub, seafood restaurant) and rise-up coffee was the go to morning spot (they sold decks, lol). i also spent $90 at the vans outlet and got 4 pairs of shoes.
good come sausage

P Casanova

• Rep: -124
    • Eastern Exposure avatar image
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2020, 05:26:48 PM »
Rehoboth has so many hidden spots. If you are looking for spots just shoot me a message.

phillip dominguez

• Rep: 15
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2020, 05:51:46 AM »
Rehobeth definitely has spots outside of the park to hit up, my family used to vacation there when I was young and I’d just skate the town all night.   

Grotto Pizza used to be awesome, been a minute since I’ve had it.  Don’t know why everyone’s about Dough Roller, that shit was and has been average as shit, kinda like MD peeps who rave about that square sauceless pizza Ledo’s has.

I’m not your typical Maryland person/mid Atlantic though as far as food.  I hate crabs, shits too much work for not enough food, more of a social thing, and the smell of Old Bay makes me wretch.

My shit aside the outlets are cool for deals there, and like others had mentioned if you go back ever Cape Henlopen is an awesome park.  You can camp right by the beach, they have a dog beach if you’re into taking your pet with you on vacation, and the waters supposedly some of the cleanest in the country. 

If you go again, drive into the white trash tourist trap that’s Ocean City MD, the boardwalks cool, and there’s a decent park in Ocean Pines, you have to rock a helmet though.  OC is fun to skate in the off season. 

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2020, 06:21:03 AM »
Just skip Dogfish food is average and all the beer you can get is available in the wild easily, hit Dewey Beer Co. or Big Oyster. Really great smaller breweries with good food and really great beer.

Fractured Prune donuts if you've never had them are cool I guess.

Epsworth is fun for a while, depending on what direction you're coming from you can hit Salisbury Park and ocean pines on the way in
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2020, 06:35:10 AM »
Rehobeth definitely has spots outside of the park to hit up, my family used to vacation there when I was young and I’d just skate the town all night.   

Grotto Pizza used to be awesome, been a minute since I’ve had it.  Don’t know why everyone’s about Dough Roller, that shit was and has been average as shit, kinda like MD peeps who rave about that square sauceless pizza Ledo’s has.

I’m not your typical Maryland person/mid Atlantic though as far as food.  I hate crabs, shits too much work for not enough food, more of a social thing, and the smell of Old Bay makes me wretch.

My shit aside the outlets are cool for deals there, and like others had mentioned if you go back ever Cape Henlopen is an awesome park.  You can camp right by the beach, they have a dog beach if you’re into taking your pet with you on vacation, and the waters supposedly some of the cleanest in the country. 

If you go again, drive into the white trash tourist trap that’s Ocean City MD, the boardwalks cool, and there’s a decent park in Ocean Pines, you have to rock a helmet though.  OC is fun to skate in the off season.

I feel like I don’t actually hate any group of people except for mid Atlantic dinguses who say this shit. “You don’t like Old Bay,You belong in LA”. I made some crab cakes last night and was bummed that I had to use snow crab over blue crab.

Angelinas

• Rep: -1
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2020, 10:42:12 PM »
Enjoy an old-fashioned beach vacation, complete with a boardwalk, at one of Delaware's most popular resort towns. Long a traditional summer getaway for families, Rehoboth Beach is now also a favorite of gay and lesbian travelers.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2020, 05:20:03 AM »
Enjoy an old-fashioned beach vacation, complete with a boardwalk, at one of Delaware's most popular resort towns. Long a traditional summer getaway for families, Rehoboth Beach is now also a favorite of gay and lesbian travelers.
people have called it Rehomoth beach for long time.

Hydroponic

• Rep: 1
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2020, 02:30:15 AM »
I live in Rehoboth and was stunned to see this thread existed. First time I’ve glanced outside the UWTB board in months.

quarterpound

• Rep: 14
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2020, 03:19:57 PM »

Wow I was so onboard with your post until you said "old bay makes you wretch"!!  I love rehobo and OCMD though.  crabs are too much effort (cake sammiches ftw!) dough roller is trash and grottos 4 lyfe... sometimes you just need some grease pool =9

Hydroponic

• Rep: 1
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2020, 12:47:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Wow I was so onboard with your post until you said "old bay makes you wretch"!!  I love rehobo and OCMD though.  crabs are too much effort (cake sammiches ftw!) dough roller is trash and grottos 4 lyfe... sometimes you just need some grease pool =9
Nicola’s > Grotto’s and Dough Roller