Author Topic: What was the last video game you played?  (Read 554144 times)

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
Re: What was the last video game you played?
« Reply #5220 on: February 01, 2024, 12:41:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Final Fantasy 7 Remake, trying to finish it before the next release in Feb this year. Not really feeling it and the hype seems overblown. Voice acting, pacing and linearity weigh the game down; initially tried to 100% the game and watch all the cutscenes but the voice acting was so bad. Hopefully the pacing and linearity improves in the 2nd instalment.
[close]

Same here. Couldn’t finish the game. Felt stale and more like a chore than something I’d want to spend my time with
[close]

The latter half gets better, materia and weapon load outs matter more, timing abilities to get a stagger is satisfying. The gym mini games and Wall Market with Don Corneo is the best part so far, just a shame they didn't pack more mini games and incidental side quests like a Yakuza game.

Just skipped all the cut scenes and dialog, much better.
[close]

Ah ok. Good to know. Maybe I will give a spin after I finished Baldur’s Gate 3. But I don’t see this end quickly. One of the best games of the last 20 years. Can’t put it down. The amount of weight everything has and how well it is written is incredible.
[close]

I played FF7 Remake when it first came out and enjoyed it but I can't imagine how disappointing it would seem playing it immediately after BG3 because that game is just so tremendously good
At the moment I have a hard time to imagine enjoying any game after the behemoth that is Baldur’s Gate 3

Theme For A Jackal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #5221 on: February 01, 2024, 09:22:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Final Fantasy 7 Remake, trying to finish it before the next release in Feb this year. Not really feeling it and the hype seems overblown. Voice acting, pacing and linearity weigh the game down; initially tried to 100% the game and watch all the cutscenes but the voice acting was so bad. Hopefully the pacing and linearity improves in the 2nd instalment.
[close]

Same here. Couldn’t finish the game. Felt stale and more like a chore than something I’d want to spend my time with
[close]

The latter half gets better, materia and weapon load outs matter more, timing abilities to get a stagger is satisfying. The gym mini games and Wall Market with Don Corneo is the best part so far, just a shame they didn't pack more mini games and incidental side quests like a Yakuza game.

Just skipped all the cut scenes and dialog, much better.
[close]

Ah ok. Good to know. Maybe I will give a spin after I finished Baldur’s Gate 3. But I don’t see this end quickly. One of the best games of the last 20 years. Can’t put it down. The amount of weight everything has and how well it is written is incredible.
[close]

I played FF7 Remake when it first came out and enjoyed it but I can't imagine how disappointing it would seem playing it immediately after BG3 because that game is just so tremendously good
[close]

FF7 Remake has an iota the freedom allowed by BG, which is fine by me - the sheer amount of freedom is intimidating for me.

Aside from the dialog and cut scenes my biggest gripe with FF7 Remake is the towns - they are as wide as an ocean but as deep as a puddle. I remember being able to look at random signs in the original that set you off in interesting quests (Wutai Turtle's Paradise poster, speaking to the villager in Rocket Town to get Cid's ultimate weapon). In the remake there is a lot of wasted opportunities with the street vendors, clothing stores and hidden paths - I hope they flesh that out in the follow up.

Yeah, the side stuff they added is all pretty lackluster tbh and I'm hoping they do better on that with the new installment. Also my complaint with FF16. That said I enjoyed the main story of FF7 remake a lot, I think it's cool that they're doing different things with it and changing up the lore.

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 469
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5222 on: February 05, 2024, 12:32:33 AM »
I am currently stuck in a Morrowind rabbit hole. This game alongside with OSRS molded my childhood like no other game, event though I never managed to finish it or progress further than a few quests. But the atmosphere and vibe of this game is unmatched.
I am no gamer in any sense at all, I am just a huge nerd that likes open world RPGs, and this game is a gem when it comes to roleplaying.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5223 on: February 06, 2024, 05:04:41 PM »
last of us part 2 on Grounded+
the no return mode is super addicting.

Also starting Super Mario RPG. Never played it on the SNES

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?
« Reply #5224 on: February 11, 2024, 07:56:49 PM »
having a ball playing donkey kong country on SNES

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5225 on: February 12, 2024, 07:18:58 AM »
having a ball playing donkey kong country on SNES

One of the best games, worth it for the soundtrack alone, but DKC2 is even better in my mind

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1855
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5226 on: February 12, 2024, 07:57:23 AM »
Finished FF7 Remake over the weekend, didn't bother with hard mode or the Yuffie DLC.

Replaying Shovel Knight for something lower stakes and easy to put down.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

hmmoookay

• Rep: 50
  • content nausea
« Reply #5227 on: February 12, 2024, 09:01:22 AM »
In terms of FPS, Apex Legends is my main game and has been for a couple years now. Pretty excited about the changes coming to season 20 tomorrow. Hoping for good balance across the board.

Been really getting in to DayZ again after kind of falling out of it for a bit. I would play it, but just did not have the drive to really try and have an adventure. But it's nice to escape into that world again and feel fully immersed.

Lastly, thinking about grabbing the last of us pt II remaster for PS5, it's only $10 for those who own the previous version. Anyone picked that up yet? Worth it for the extra stuff / graphical upgrades?

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5228 on: February 14, 2024, 03:59:24 PM »

Lastly, thinking about grabbing the last of us pt II remaster for PS5, it's only $10 for those who own the previous version. Anyone picked that up yet? Worth it for the extra stuff / graphical upgrades?

I played it on the ps4 and enjoyed it a lot.
I just platinum'd it on the ps5 grounded+ mode and enjoyed that a ton. The patience needed, how the controls just click, and the visuals made it a great 2nd playthrough.
The no return mode is definitely worth the $10 alone and I hope they keep adding it it.

The hate this game got for the story is still so clowning to me.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #5229 on: February 14, 2024, 05:20:42 PM »
Spent the last few days playing the new Yakuza game Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and man I'm hooked bad, can't put it down
I've been playing this too, and it's definitely growing on me. I've been so used to free combat though, that the turn based system took me by surprise (not having any experience with previous games in the series).

Also been playing Death Stranding after seeing the trailer for the sequel and being blown away by it.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -185
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5230 on: February 14, 2024, 05:21:47 PM »
Tecmo Super Bowl
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5231 on: February 15, 2024, 01:36:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Spent the last few days playing the new Yakuza game Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and man I'm hooked bad, can't put it down
[close]
I've been playing this too, and it's definitely growing on me. I've been so used to free combat though, that the turn based system took me by surprise (not having any experience with previous games in the series).

Also been playing Death Stranding after seeing the trailer for the sequel and being blown away by it.

Oh nice, you never played Like a Dragon, though? Can't imagine trying to follow this story without playing a few of these already. All the games were brawlers until the last main installment when they switched to turn-based JRPG. I like both styles personally but prefer the turn-based.

Death Stranding is divisive but man I loved it. Can't wait for the new one, looks bonkers

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #5232 on: February 15, 2024, 03:00:20 PM »
Oh nice, you never played Like a Dragon, though? Can't imagine trying to follow this story without playing a few of these already.

Yeah, until last spring I hadn't seriously played video games since high school. The last console I owned was a PS2.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5233 on: February 16, 2024, 07:20:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Oh nice, you never played Like a Dragon, though? Can't imagine trying to follow this story without playing a few of these already.
[close]

Yeah, until last spring I hadn't seriously played video games since high school. The last console I owned was a PS2.

Oh shit. Well on the bright side there's a ton of modern classics you can go play that are heavily discounted at this point and heavily patched/supported

Carrolls Chesthairs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5234 on: February 18, 2024, 02:03:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Enjoy the ride/walk!
Had a great time playing that one through.

Switch360flip

• Rep: 15
« Reply #5235 on: February 20, 2024, 09:03:50 AM »
LA Noire

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -71
« Reply #5236 on: February 20, 2024, 02:05:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Enjoy the ride/walk!
Had a great time playing that one through.

Death Stranding here too. It was free on Epic maybe a year ago or something, and I just got the nerves to install and play it. Super relaxing and stressful at the same time. I just spent an hour crawling through the mountain with my BB crying and those things around me. And once I crossed the peak, the rain stopped, beautiful music kicked in and It was the most surreal thing. Love this game, just like all Kojima games before.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #5237 on: February 21, 2024, 11:29:16 AM »
Playing Baulder's Gate online with some friends, it's all of our first time playing it so we want to experience the whole game and finish it together before we do solo play throughs. Only bummer is it's really hard to get all 4 of us online at the same time, especially considering one friend lives in Hawaii, so on top of busy schedules we have to work around a 4 hour time difference. At the rate we're going we'll hopefully complete the game by, I dunno...December.
If only three of us can be online we'll switch to Deep Rock Galactic which I'm really starting to like.

Pacific Drive comes out tomorrow. I imagine I'll be playing the fuck out of that this weekend.
Just gotta decide if I want it on PC or PS5.