Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 43070 times)

Ramrod

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
Session Skate
« on: February 28, 2020, 02:37:57 PM »
none of yall are playing this????
its not a bad game at all.

This past update they just put in the SKATE 3 control configuration apparently.
I know the vast majority of you guys who want a skateboarding game get upset when the controls arent EXACTLY LIKE SKATE 3...

so far its okay, i dont really have many complaints, its still an early dev game.

the camera / replay feature is pretty dope also, but much more complicated than any other skateboarding game ive ever seen.

i tried posting in a different thread, but this deserves its own

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xd4xwnkPMo

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 05:19:29 PM »
Waiting for Xbox. But I will grab as soon as it’s available

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 08:33:54 PM »
Shame the Xbox release date keeps getting pushed back shit looks so good.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 07:26:41 PM »
This looks like the closest thing to skate 4!

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 05:29:05 AM »
the new update is super good. you now have more control over your flick, you can do slightly shiftied lazy ollies, like omar scrapers, turning is less glitchy, less bugs overall and better fps. also, they added the pyramid ledges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af6EwxwFfQ0

EDIT: posted the wrong vid, this is the right one
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 05:30:48 AM by Frank »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 06:07:02 AM »
Yeah this last update has made it start to feel like a real game, they’ve turned a corner.

Still find it frustrating they’re adding more tricks before making turns have weight. Needs a better physics engine that can handle slamming into slappies and stuff. It feels feather light still.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 07:29:37 AM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/projectsession/comments/fpc4dq/favorite_little_spot_to_hit_in_the_new_area/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
Loving the new update. Pyramid ledges are fun but Ive been spending alot of time fucking around with the stairs to grate over bench spot right in front of it.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 08:01:32 AM »
Yeah this last update has made it start to feel like a real game, they’ve turned a corner.

Still find it frustrating they’re adding more tricks before making turns have weight. Needs a better physics engine that can handle slamming into slappies and stuff. It feels feather light still.

agreed 100%, and it's what skater xl is missing, too, imo. i like session. more atm because it kind of feels more like real skating to me, there is more impact and more drag on grinds, they feel more rugged. but it's still not heavy enough. both games still need: ways to wallride/wallie and slappy, also transition still sucks in both but for different reasons.

marty mcfly

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 08:31:37 AM »
the new update is super good. you now have more control over your flick, you can do slightly shiftied lazy ollies, like omar scrapers, turning is less glitchy, less bugs overall and better fps. also, they added the pyramid ledges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af6EwxwFfQ0

EDIT: posted the wrong vid, this is the right one
Damn,that looks really nice!!!i want it now!
Local Filmer mode in NY?that means you can zoom in on your Face without seeing the actual trick,right?

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2020, 08:18:21 AM »
Is it me or the game looks slow ? I watched this guy Nightspeeds playing it on YouTube, when he tried « realistic » tricks he had to go quite slow

Are there any players here who can confirm / infirm this ?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2020, 08:27:35 AM »
Been playing for awhile. I like it a lot but since the new update it looks and runs like shit. :/

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2020, 11:35:49 PM »
Been playing for awhile. I like it a lot but since the new update it looks and runs like shit. :/

Yea with this update I lost about 30fps.  Gotta set the time of day to 6pm for more stability. Also the transition physics are way off. My character keeps trying to wallride when I pop near a wall.

Having said that, I've been having lots of fun with session and it has been cool to see it grow. I want to test the remote play with a homie. Has anyone here tried that yet?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2020, 02:58:14 PM »
yeah i successfully played a game of skate with a buddy who doesn't own it, but it was wonky. but works in principle.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2020, 08:11:19 PM »
What happened with the Xbox release? I backed this game years ago and was supposed to get a key for Xbox, then I bought the game on PC just for the meantime but they randomly sent me a Steam key anyways that same week, figured it must have been a mistake so I just gave it to some other slap member who I was friends with on Steam, now I'm not even sure what to expect.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2020, 07:29:53 AM »
What happened with the Xbox release? I backed this game years ago and was supposed to get a key for Xbox, then I bought the game on PC just for the meantime but they randomly sent me a Steam key anyways that same week, figured it must have been a mistake so I just gave it to some other slap member who I was friends with on Steam, now I'm not even sure what to expect.
They keep saying by the end of season, but it’s kinda been a shit show with it getting pushed back and back.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2020, 05:21:09 PM »
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 10:03:30 AM »
iM brandon turner
mArLeY

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2020, 05:25:54 PM »
i hope xbox happens. just inherited a base level xbone and im looking forward to skater xl but that's definitely the game to get on PC. session on console seems like a fuller package. neither of them are out of beta so we can't really know
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 04:37:52 PM »
i hope xbox happens. just inherited a base level xbone and im looking forward to skater xl but that's definitely the game to get on PC. session on console seems like a fuller package. neither of them are out of beta so we can't really know
Should hit early access in June. Been waiting months to give it a go

foureyedjim

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2020, 11:04:31 PM »
Finally bought it a week ago.  Its fun because of how hard it is to land what you want.  That said, animations are super ugly

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2020, 09:26:50 AM »
Just added a 2 hours trial to Xbox store

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2020, 12:06:17 PM »
Tried yesterday on the Xbox and I felt a little bit disappointed. I know it's an early version but everything seem very clumsy. Even with the skate 3 controls the game needs to flow a little more.

I will buy it anyway, I think that the game have good ideas and potential but needs more time to develop.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2020, 10:08:21 PM »
Tried yesterday on the Xbox and I felt a little bit disappointed. I know it's an early version but everything seem very clumsy. Even with the skate 3 controls the game needs to flow a little more.

I will buy it anyway, I think that the game have good ideas and potential but needs more time to develop.

Honestly don't even use legacy controls. It's damn near impossible to do any trick for some reason. Try using back/front controls it's a lot easier.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2020, 12:14:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Honestly don't even use legacy controls. It's damn near impossible to do any trick for some reason. Try using back/front controls it's a lot easier.

Thanks! Yesterday I finished the trial with the original controls and got a little bit better, I'll have to wait till next week for the release

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2020, 01:43:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thanks! Yesterday I finished the trial with the original controls and got a little bit better, I'll have to wait till next week for the release
I have to agree, the legacy controls are not worth it. Tried for 5 mins. The controls that session has standard are super strange at first but I spent maybe 20 mins figuring flat tricks out and as a skater it sorta clicked and by the end of the trial I was doing most of the stuff I wanted to do like crooked grinds. I will say that grazing a curb and ragdolling was pissing me off.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2020, 04:48:14 AM »
The problem with the controls afaik is that EA has the exclusive rights to the flickit system. I’m not actually sure how Session uses the same controls.

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2020, 05:50:04 AM »
The problem with the controls afaik is that EA has the exclusive rights to the flickit system. I’m not actually sure how Session uses the same controls.
how do they have right to trademark a movement of your thumb? Like how is that legal? Fuck Ea

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2020, 01:15:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
how do they have right to trademark a movement of your thumb? Like how is that legal? Fuck Ea
Honestly the session controls are better anyway.

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2020, 10:01:20 AM »
don't know what's wrong with y'all session is so far the best skating game I've played. you gotta work for your tricks, just like real life. only thing I don't like is that goofy stance isn't optimized yet like regular is, but it's still early access. anyway for me it's easily session > skater xl

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2020, 01:13:40 PM »