Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 43088 times)

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2020, 01:55:03 PM »
Just bought it, some of the animations are wonky asf. But the way you can style tricks definitely makes up for it. Also love the fact that this is the first sim skating game I've played where you can do impossibles. So it's game of the year for me already.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Skimper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -64
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2020, 04:17:09 PM »
Yeah most of the animations are bad half of the settings dont really work and the transition skating is no good. Hopefully they fix everything in the future updates, i bought it on Xbox.
Shalom

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2020, 06:21:41 PM »
Transitions garbage. Super frustrating to graze a wall and rag doll out. Got a decent feel for the controls at this point and having fun but I for sure can’t wait for them to fix some stuff.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2020, 11:36:56 AM »
i like it a lot but the replay editor is so depressing
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2020, 04:53:27 PM »
I bought Session for Xbox today and just finished playing for a few hours.

Things I like:
- The graphics/textures/lighting are good for a game still in development.
- The ability to do tricks a particular way.
- How satisfying it is when you finally land something clean.

Things I don't like:
- You can't pop onto like half the spots.
- The overall glitchiness and lack of flow.
- The controls. The legacy (Skate) controls are an option, but they're too glitchy.

I think this game definitely has potential, but it's rough around the edges gameplay-wise.
Playing this made me realize the perfect skating game for me would just be another Skate game, but with options like Session that let you increase the sim-factor.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2020, 08:49:08 PM »
Expand Quote
What happened with the Xbox release? I backed this game years ago and was supposed to get a key for Xbox, then I bought the game on PC just for the meantime but they randomly sent me a Steam key anyways that same week, figured it must have been a mistake so I just gave it to some other slap member who I was friends with on Steam, now I'm not even sure what to expect.
[close]
They keep saying by the end of season, but it’s kinda been a shit show with it getting pushed back and back.

I contacted them, turns out that key they gave me was by accident, but since it was already redeemed on PC they won't even bother giving me my Xbox key. What a mess.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2020, 07:48:22 AM »
I've been playing the shit out of it... I actually made an instagram for it haha... Recreating some famous tricks and shit...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCHTQ5sAzOG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

OrangeVHStapes

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2020, 08:04:45 AM »
Welp... I guess I’ll keep my shitty nerd train going... Made this yesterday...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCOVn9ulCm3/?igshid=1iuuj879zvn5j

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2020, 04:25:58 PM »
Those are sick ^^

I paid for the early access on Xbox and I've really been enjoying it. I started playing with the "legacy" controls but they felt super laggy and unresponsive. Once I switched over the game became so much better. It's a steep learning curve and I still skate rails for shit, but each time I play I find I've gotten a little better. I'm looking forward to seeing what's next and how the map expands.

Also love the "historical challenges" it's such a nice touch for skate nerds.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2020, 05:38:51 PM »
Keep making those Orange.

I haven't messed with the replay editor much, but I have filmed my screen a few times after getting a decent clip lol. I may eventually compile them into a lil something.

I feel like I have no control over the style of ollies. They always look awkwardly tweaked, so kickflipping into most things has become my default.

OrangeVHStapes

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2020, 04:39:42 AM »
Thanks dude! Fuck legacy controls. Gotta play hardcore mode. Once you get used to it it’s the most rewarding thing. Yeah I only play Xbox... As for the replay editor... I can’t use it for shit... I capture the shit from the Xbox menu, usually using the camera like live while the game clip records, usually takes a few tries but then I’ll bring it into premiere pro and clean it up, add fisheye, that type of shit... Made this one yesterday

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCRlMv9ltpA/?igshid=2t4jlmiogzuj

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2020, 04:45:37 PM »
Nice one, Orange. I forced myself to figure out the replay editor today, which I did, but the game kept crashing when I'd finish a clip lol. If I can sort that out I'll definitely piece together a little edit.

OrangeVHStapes

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2020, 08:03:44 AM »
Nice one, Orange. I forced myself to figure out the replay editor today, which I did, but the game kept crashing when I'd finish a clip lol. If I can sort that out I'll definitely piece together a little edit.

Thanks, man. Yeah I’m terrible with the replay editor, hope they fix it/simplify it... I’m sure they will. Also yeah dude! Post your edits! We need more hardcore/realistic shit... Some of these kids post the dumbest shit... Mostly 360 inward heel nose grinds with green grip tape and terrible trap music with a caption that says something like “fire fire fire let’s goooo” ... it sucks...

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2020, 09:29:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks, man. Yeah I’m terrible with the replay editor, hope they fix it/simplify it... I’m sure they will. Also yeah dude! Post your edits! We need more hardcore/realistic shit... Some of these kids post the dumbest shit... Mostly 360 inward heel nose grinds with green grip tape and terrible trap music with a caption that says something like “fire fire fire let’s goooo” ... it sucks...

Seriously! I'll see someone post a "realistic" part, and the first trick will be a 540 down a 20 stair lol. I may only be able to put together about 30 seconds of footage based on the luck I'm having. I did hear that the devs are planning on totally scrapping the current replay editor, and rebuilding it. Let's hope that's the case.

OrangeVHStapes

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2020, 12:20:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Seriously! I'll see someone post a "realistic" part, and the first trick will be a 540 down a 20 stair lol. I may only be able to put together about 30 seconds of footage based on the luck I'm having. I did hear that the devs are planning on totally scrapping the current replay editor, and rebuilding it. Let's hope that's the case.

Haha, yep... I'd prefer them to work on the map more so than the replay editor. I got out of bounds a few times and saw a rough outline of the courthouse ledge to drop and black hubba across the street. I heard they are working on Columbus park too.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2020, 07:48:12 PM »
Transitions garbage. Super frustrating to graze a wall and rag doll out. Got a decent feel for the controls at this point and having fun but I for sure can’t wait for them to fix some stuff.

haha my buddy was telling me about the game as he had the trial and basically summed up it with "you look at a ledge and fall over", still curious to give it a try myself though so I'm jumping on that trial today.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2020, 04:42:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha my buddy was telling me about the game as he had the trial and basically summed up it with "you look at a ledge and fall over", still curious to give it a try myself though so I'm jumping on that trial today.

It's definitely a pain in the ass when you first try learning the game, but I'd really urge you to stick with it until you get a feel for the controls. It probably took me 4-5 days for it to start clicking in my head. I'm a few weeks in now, and it just gets more fun with every Session.

swordtechnique

• Rep: -56
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2020, 08:59:03 AM »
just played the new skater xl update and wanna say THANK GOD FOR SESSION. Honestly I have no idea why xl is more popular on slap. maybe because it's easier to play modded maps or something? session is way better as a skater sim, not even fucking close.

OrangeVHStapes

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2020, 06:34:09 PM »
just played the new skater xl update and wanna say THANK GOD FOR SESSION. Honestly I have no idea why xl is more popular on slap. maybe because it's easier to play modded maps or something? session is way better as a skater sim, not even fucking close.

Yeah dude, I just tried Skater XL... Garbage compared to Session.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2020, 07:48:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I have both now as of this morning. I have more time put into Session but I’ll be honest the more I’ve played XL the more I’m liking it, and I was a sceptic at first. They’re still going to be putting out updates for both games for a long time, I would hope any complaints in here will be fixed by the end of the year.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2020, 06:32:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I have both now as of this morning. I have more time put into Session but I’ll be honest the more I’ve played XL the more I’m liking it, and I was a sceptic at first. They’re still going to be putting out updates for both games for a long time, I would hope any complaints in here will be fixed by the end of the year.
Vanilla xl is terrible. Modded physics and manual catch mod on pc is a dream. Session is tight but can use some updates. I'm just glad there is competition with skating games.

MareVitals

• Rep: -38
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2020, 07:14:33 AM »
Bought an xbox just to get in on all the new skating games and started out with Session. Haven't been drawn to start Skater XL yet even though I have both. Seems that SkaterXL has a bigger mod community which is definitely helping it above session but I've been turned off by the amount of youtubers I see doing 540 double flips with red grip tape. Hope Session can still be successful with all the competition because I definitely prefer the vibe (historic challenge idea is great too).

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2020, 09:07:14 AM »
this game > skater xl
mArLeY

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2020, 07:15:13 AM »
Anyone looking forward to the new update that should hopefully be out by October?

The physics is getting an overhaul, new customization options, and the pyramid ledges map is being expanded.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/861650/view/2844540983584901644

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2020, 07:26:41 AM »
Here's a couple random clips I filmed off my TV screen. Hopefully soon enough they'll update the replay editor so that we can actually save and share clips that way.

https://imgur.com/a/jU647Ck

https://imgur.com/a/Qk2bex0

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2020, 06:57:32 AM »
Man I just got the new Kickstarter beta for Session and I’m loving it. It’s always been so glitchy in it’s early forms but they’ve settled that down and redone the physics. Honestly feels so much better, liking it way more than XL now. All the flips look better, the grinds feel and sound amazing, and they’ve added Philly and expanded NY from the pyramid ledges.

Turning still sucks but it’s a much better experience now. Doing backside 180 kickflips feel right, landing looks better, and just the way you do and land your tricks feels great. it’s whole exploration vibe is actually enjoyable now. Started implementing missions to too which are fun. Spent an hour just doing flip tricks down the Love park gap.

The levels are so much better than Skater XL too. Really feels like you’re exploring for spots.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2020, 11:41:33 AM »
that sounds great, i'm definetly ready to check this out again after the skater xl update debacle.

last update fucked up all my stuff to the point everything is off so now i'm like done with it basically.

i reckon it might take some time for them to get the steam version up to date, but it's good to hear they got so much work done already. wouldn't have thought they'd add philly, too. that's so awesome.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2020, 04:20:10 PM »
watched someone play the new update the other day and it looked horrible, the pushing is horrendous and everything looks so weird and glitchy. I wish session and skaterxl would just combine their resources and use the good things from each game, because one EA comes back around their both pretty fucked. (yes I'm aware this will never happen and makes zero sense from a business perspective)

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2020, 01:10:19 PM »
that sounds great, i'm definetly ready to check this out again after the skater xl update debacle.

last update fucked up all my stuff to the point everything is off so now i'm like done with it basically.

i reckon it might take some time for them to get the steam version up to date, but it's good to hear they got so much work done already. wouldn't have thought they'd add philly, too. that's so awesome.

There's already been another update since then that should fix most of the problems

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2020, 01:18:34 PM »
no i mean my mods. the stats mod got updated, too, but the balance is different, pop height was gone completely, now it's hard to adjust for me. among other things. but the stats don't really pan out the same as they did and i was really reliant on those from the point i found them.

it also still runs like shit. first minute in any level is a sludgefest. it needs about 30 seconds and then it runs fine for the most part, but now it has weird stutters and camera glitches. i also still can't access the ingame mod menu, and i think it's because i'm running gameplay mods through the unity mod manager and that seems to disable the in-game mod manager.

so this update and the fixes still did nothing for me unfortunately. i'll pass on the game until it actually gets more polished or the mods have all adapted to fix the new update.