Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 43128 times)

radcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2020, 02:17:53 PM »
Been playing 0.0.0.6 and I gotta say it’s really made this game great. The pushing is ridiculous but everything else is miles better. Haven’t gone back to Skater XL since. The flips and grinds feel much better, you don’t glitch out on everything, feels heavy and solid. Love that you can drop the dude just anywhere, the levels are so much better than XL as you feel like you’re finding spots. And just doing something like a tail slide at the pyramid ledges feels fun as shit. I think the resistance on grind surfaces feels better too and the sounds rule.

But it still sucks so bad for turning, same as XL. Got into a chat with the developer who also said turning is pretty much finished which fucking sucks. So twitchy and has zero momentum or weight shifting to it. You can loosen your trucks now and truck and wheels change the handling but it’s still twitchy and shit.

Just one skating game that uses weight and momentum, that can carve up to a ledge or squirrels out on a landing in your weight transfer is a bit off. Actual weight based physics that turns from the shoulders and hips, not just the ankles.

Anyway, that aside, it’s way better.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #61 on: December 29, 2020, 11:36:20 AM »
Been playing 0.0.0.6 and I gotta say it’s really made this game great. The pushing is ridiculous but everything else is miles better. Haven’t gone back to Skater XL since. The flips and grinds feel much better, you don’t glitch out on everything, feels heavy and solid. Love that you can drop the dude just anywhere, the levels are so much better than XL as you feel like you’re finding spots. And just doing something like a tail slide at the pyramid ledges feels fun as shit. I think the resistance on grind surfaces feels better too and the sounds rule.

But it still sucks so bad for turning, same as XL. Got into a chat with the developer who also said turning is pretty much finished which fucking sucks. So twitchy and has zero momentum or weight shifting to it. You can loosen your trucks now and truck and wheels change the handling but it’s still twitchy and shit.

Just one skating game that uses weight and momentum, that can carve up to a ledge or squirrels out on a landing in your weight transfer is a bit off. Actual weight based physics that turns from the shoulders and hips, not just the ankles.

Anyway, that aside, it’s way better.

So excited for the new update... I am gonna recreate so many fucking tricks... I backed the game but play on xbox so I can't play the new dev build... Fucking killing me.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #62 on: December 29, 2020, 03:28:11 PM »
I finally got a PC, and have gotten into modding the game a bit, which has been super fun.

LoveParkV5 is a great map:

https://imgur.com/a/MKfhdcv

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: December 29, 2020, 03:31:36 PM »
Here's a blunt wallie I was pretty hyped on today:

https://imgur.com/a/yt3guKC

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2020, 11:31:28 AM »

That was sick, i'm excited for this update for xbox, i love the look and feel of this game way more than skater xl, when this game is complete i don't think i'll ever need another skateboarding game

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2021, 10:59:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That was sick, i'm excited for this update for xbox, i love the look and feel of this game way more than skater xl, when this game is complete i don't think i'll ever need another skateboarding game

Thanks! I feel the same way too. It's probably because I learned Session first, but SkaterXL (even with mods) just doesn't feel right to me. I'm looking forward to the day Session has decent transition and vert skating.

OrangeVHStapes

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2021, 07:00:18 AM »
I finally got a PC, and have gotten into modding the game a bit, which has been super fun.

LoveParkV5 is a great map:

https://imgur.com/a/MKfhdcv

Damn, that was rad... Yeah this game is way superior to XL... XL is definitely for the kids who consider "Send Saturday's" to be a skate video...

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2021, 08:20:04 AM »
Thanks Orange!

Here's a lil downhill clip: https://imgur.com/a/ty24jpD

OrangeVHStapes

« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2021, 02:32:06 PM »
Thanks Orange!

Dude... Modded maps!? So jealous. You see my nerdy session instagram? I recreate tricks sometimes... Can't wait for the new map to spend all my time recreating famous tricks and lines so much so that my girlfriend breaks up with me because I literally spend all my time either skating in real life or skating in a video game...

https://www.instagram.com/session__aesthetics/

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2021, 02:57:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Thanks Orange!

[close]

Dude... Modded maps!? So jealous. You see my nerdy session instagram? I recreate tricks sometimes... Can't wait for the new map to spend all my time recreating famous tricks and lines so much so that my girlfriend breaks up with me because I literally spend all my time either skating in real life or skating in a video game...

https://www.instagram.com/session__aesthetics/

There are some amazing modded maps. The one with Love Gap is like 25 city blocks of all kinds of interesting spots. I've thought about making a Session IG, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. Just followed you though.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2021, 06:27:02 AM »
i saw you going in on the other thread about how good this game has gotten. i might have to give it a shot, from the get go it always just seemed like an inferior version of skaterXL but i really need to see for myself. i prefer complex controls though
ONTARIO CANADA

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: January 06, 2021, 08:33:58 AM »
A quick line at another mod map:

https://imgur.com/a/s1cFDQa

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2021, 12:46:04 PM »
0.0.6 is coming this month and they're adding Daewon Song, Mark Appleyard, Manny Santiago and Billy Marks (last two wtf).

They also announced that they found a publisher so I guess there will be a PlayStation version.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKMbV1EFrms/?igshid=x4bbin594wqg

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2021, 12:49:10 PM »
isn't nacon a controller company? didn't know they publish games. cool for the session team though.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2021, 03:18:32 PM »
More platforms so finally a ps4 option? Hyped

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2021, 04:54:31 PM »
More platforms so finally a ps4 option? Hyped

gotta wait for the 1.0 release, and then wait 3 months since xbox has exclusivity rights

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2021, 07:09:31 AM »
Weird pro list

foureyedjim

« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2021, 08:12:46 AM »
What, you don't like Manny Santiago, epitome of east coast street skating?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2021, 09:57:44 PM »
If any of you guys who backed the kickstarter but cant play the update would be willing to part with the access code, please consider sending it to me? Might as well not let it go to waste...

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2021, 05:43:58 AM »
hope narcon helps with a copywriter too

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2021, 07:34:49 AM »
It's looking sooo good. I'll miss the modded maps I have for 0.0.0.5, but the update will keep me entertained for a long time.

https://twitter.com/actionofcreate/status/1351994397932437504

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2021, 03:58:22 PM »
When is the update dropping?

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2021, 04:40:24 PM »

By the end of January.

fs_filip

• Rep: 2
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2021, 09:56:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

By the end of January.

just dropped! like 1 hour ago

OrangeVHStapes

« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2021, 11:07:38 AM »
New update is definitely gonna take some getting use to trick wise... But Philly and the extended maps... So worth it.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2021, 02:58:38 PM »
New update is definitely gonna take some getting use to trick wise... But Philly and the extended maps... So worth it.

Agreed, but damn, I'm loving it so far. I'm feeling awkward, but the game is really starting to come together excellently.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2021, 03:48:45 PM »
I can no longer smith grind to save my fucking life. Grinding has become a lot harder. The levels are great, the Philly level is incredible. I find the graphics lag a lot and sometimes don't fully render (I'm on Xbox) but I'm sure it'll all be smoothed out. Every flip trick looks a lot better, smoother all around. I'd say overall it was worth the wait.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2021, 05:38:36 PM »
I can no longer smith grind to save my fucking life. Grinding has become a lot harder. The levels are great, the Philly level is incredible. I find the graphics lag a lot and sometimes don't fully render (I'm on Xbox) but I'm sure it'll all be smoothed out. Every flip trick looks a lot better, smoother all around. I'd say overall it was worth the wait.

I've managed to do some smiths, but I feel like it won't let me 5050? All the blunt slides + lipslides feel easier to me though.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2021, 05:45:34 PM »
Yeah, every time I try to 5050 it either registers as a nosegrind or a 5.0. Oh well, it really only comes into play trying to do certain historical challenges.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2021, 06:47:42 PM »
Are the body physics any better yet or is the dude still rather robotic?