Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 43216 times)

Dr Waffles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 15
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2021, 11:45:43 AM »
I finally decided to try Session after the last update. Filmed some clips. Still trying to figure it out. The maps are really good looking. Still a little stiff looking / feeling, but it's okay once you get used to moving around.

https://youtu.be/C32L5GoB5qU
In 5 years skateboarding will be dirtbiking

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2021, 05:55:41 AM »
I finally decided to try Session after the last update. Filmed some clips. Still trying to figure it out. The maps are really good looking. Still a little stiff looking / feeling, but it's okay once you get used to moving around.

https://youtu.be/C32L5GoB5qU

Good shit!

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2021, 10:41:54 PM »
Started playing again recently after the whole SkaterXL modding bitchfest. Idk if it’s the new update or what but I really wish I had been playing this the whole time I was complaining about minimal maps on console XL.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 48
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2021, 12:20:27 AM »
Started playing again recently after the whole SkaterXL modding bitchfest. Idk if it’s the new update or what but I really wish I had been playing this the whole time I was complaining about minimal maps on console XL.

me too. when i heard the new update came out, i ditch SXL and now been getting a lot game time on Sessions.

Bozo Dubbed Over

• Rep: 1
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2021, 01:07:20 PM »
I'm so excited to see where this game's gonna be in a year.
Already so much better (imo) than SXL, and theyre still in Beta

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #126 on: August 14, 2021, 01:23:49 PM »
I'm so excited to see where this game's gonna be in a year.
Already so much better (imo) than SXL, and theyre still in Beta

Been playing Session now for a couple months. Went back to Console SXL last night for a minute and it was honestly a nightmare. And this is coming from someone who played SXL almost every day since it came out for PS4. Them physics sliders made the game infinitely better.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 82
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2021, 01:30:09 PM »

Donatello

• Rep: 2
« Reply #128 on: November 18, 2021, 01:40:22 AM »
This game is a hundred times better than XL it honestly boggles the mind why XL is more popular. I guess XL is just easier or whatever? Session is wayyy more realistic and therefor satisfying though.

Ambient Johnny

• Rep: -14
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2021, 06:22:30 PM »
This was my first attempt at an edit:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/k66GeeIu2uxJeKxevZ2

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 274
« Reply #130 on: November 21, 2021, 06:19:24 AM »
This game is a hundred times better than XL it honestly boggles the mind why XL is more popular. I guess XL is just easier or whatever? Session is wayyy more realistic and therefor satisfying though.

+1

Trilogy

• Rep: -233
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2021, 03:24:54 PM »
Is the Xbox One version as good as the PC version??

phlap

• Rep: 6
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2021, 05:53:43 AM »
Is the Xbox One version as good as the PC version??

Other than the lack of mods* and obvious lack of graphics settings, I think it's pretty much spot-on.

There's a free trial for Xbox as well.

*Probably worth mentioning the game isn't as mod-friendly as SXL, so there's a lot less of them, but they're also not as necessary IMO.
-Summer of George-

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2021, 07:56:03 AM »
Late to the info, but what brands can you use in this? (Or can someone send me a link to some info)
I haven't got to play it yet, but I find XL frustrating

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2021, 01:30:35 PM »
I love this game and have no life

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qvibdMQWdJo

eSK3

« Reply #135 on: January 07, 2022, 03:35:45 AM »
Anyone else think this is the better of the two skateboarding games out right now?

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2022, 07:40:32 AM »
Anyone else think this is the better of the two skateboarding games out right now?

I started playing SkaterXL when it came out on PS4 and really enjoyed it, but was always jealous hearing about the mod browser and stats menu on Session. Finally reformatted my gaming laptop and set up Session last weekend. At first, it was impossible and felt weird, but once I got the hang of it a little bit more, I am really enjoying it. Still struggling with the manual catch/making things look a certain way but it's a good challenge.

Session is fucking HARD. I can do basic flatground tricks but just barely, and I am lucky to land a grind. I'm about as good in real life as I am at the game. Doing a line where I ollie up a curb and then 50-50 a ledge and then kickflip down a 4 stair is satisfying haha.

I can barely figure out boardslides and handrails but I feel like things are clicking in between playing and every time I turn it on I'm a little better than last time.

I would love to see more maps that mimic real places, and then figure out how to do the filming thing. I see myself spending a lot of time in Session over the next few months for sure.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2022, 08:42:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I started playing SkaterXL when it came out on PS4 and really enjoyed it, but was always jealous hearing about the mod browser and stats menu on Session. Finally reformatted my gaming laptop and set up Session last weekend. At first, it was impossible and felt weird, but once I got the hang of it a little bit more, I am really enjoying it. Still struggling with the manual catch/making things look a certain way but it's a good challenge.

Session is fucking HARD. I can do basic flatground tricks but just barely, and I am lucky to land a grind. I'm about as good in real life as I am at the game. Doing a line where I ollie up a curb and then 50-50 a ledge and then kickflip down a 4 stair is satisfying haha.

I can barely figure out boardslides and handrails but I feel like things are clicking in between playing and every time I turn it on I'm a little better than last time.

I would love to see more maps that mimic real places, and then figure out how to do the filming thing. I see myself spending a lot of time in Session over the next few months for sure.
to me skater xl plays and looks like idealized skating. sessions is weirder to control, but for some reason it mirrors more how skating feels irl to me. i feel like the hardest part in session is to actually line up your tricks right. everything seems more sensitive.

i'm still not sure which one i like more. i like the process of making videos more with a modded xl, but i think overall session looks better and they both look real in their own respective way that i can't pinpoint down, but different.

skater xl vs session is like skate vs a current gen version of thrasher: skate & destroy to me.

Ambient Johnny

« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2022, 10:52:40 AM »

Ambient Johnny

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2022, 05:09:13 AM »

foureyedjim

« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2022, 08:12:34 AM »
No mention of body animation changes is strange.
The base game so far is honestly pretty good but the skating looks ugly.

Ambient Johnny

« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2022, 10:45:23 AM »
Yeah, at some point in the past they had mentioned motion capture work was going to be done before the full release, hope they didn't abandon that plan.

foureyedjim

« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2022, 08:34:22 AM »
Even if they just touch it up a bit the game would be much more enjoyable.  As it stands they're still using placeholder animations, right? 

c-dock

• Rep: 8
  • Lurker
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2022, 11:37:09 AM »
Even if they just touch it up a bit the game would be much more enjoyable.  As it stands they're still using placeholder animations, right?

Yeah placeholder animations for the time being, they'll definitely improve over time. My main issue is how stiff the game feels compared to something like XL or even Skate 2/3. The visual stuff I can live with, but I hope the physics are something they have plans to improve on. Game has huge potential

foureyedjim

« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2022, 11:42:05 AM »
Flip tricks, great. 
Grind mechanics, great.
Turning/maneuverability, awful.
Animations, awful

It's almost there.  For a game that's focused on "gritty east coast skating" adding casper and primo slides before making the game feel good has always confused me.  I have faith it'll be a great game once it does come out though.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2022, 02:31:36 PM »
i followed some guys youtube instructions on how to make it super realistic on PC and it has been a month or more of being worse at a video game than i skate in real life. it took me until the last week or so to feel like i was having "fun". i went into the settings last night and bumped up the pop by 1 and it was a game changer. basically back to even on the slider bar. glad i waited until i learned how to play before doing it though. now i can pop onto the ledges and sometimes even flip in to grinds/slides.

Palm

• Rep: 0
    • Palm Discord avatar image
« Reply #146 on: January 31, 2022, 06:01:02 AM »
Session needs a lot of practice before being comfortable enough to do whatever you want.
Its known that the game have a steep learning curve. Dont give up, watch others gamers, I highly recommend to lurk some twitch stream, or/and join the official discord, don t afraid to ask if you need help, the community is very helpful.

For the new players, here is an example of the possibility in the game.
With a video we ve made a few month ago.

https://youtu.be/xS8z9VDeAqc

Session mods available on our discord
http://bit.ly/PalmApparel

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #147 on: January 31, 2022, 06:07:40 AM »
Is there some kind of setting guide to make this game look good?

I feel like I'm tripping cuz my character pushes like a toddler and the animations are so wonky. But I see footage that looks much better. I remember when the beta launched I got pretty decent at it but with all these updates something changed and I can't find my way back in the options.

Palm

• Rep: 0
    • Palm Discord avatar image
« Reply #148 on: January 31, 2022, 06:45:42 AM »
There is no miracle settings, just like irl, your tricks will looks better with practice. The controls are super sensitive, a subtle input will change completly your tricks.

In the game settings, it’s working pretty much like irl, tight/untight your trucks for turning more or less.
Advanced setting, for more or less pop, more or less speed, more or less grind, more or less rotation etc etc

The whole video has been made on the hardest hardcore setting, which is not recommended if you are starting. Start low and build up your board control step by step.

Session has been made like you would learn a trick IRL, you need to understand you foot position, the angle you gonna go into the obstacle, the speed you need, how much you need to scoop/flip/rotate.

You need to analyze your tricks, and what you are doing wrong to correct it and land your trick the way you want.

You really need to be a super skate nerd to enjoy that game. It’s not casual at all, well you could play casual by having all the setting on auto, but that’s not the way  the game has been designed to enjoy it to its fullest.

« Stitched » the first guy in the video, often streaming on twitch, at night (EST time zone)
Hop on and watch him play live if you can, you probably will understand better/faster the game
Session mods available on our discord
http://bit.ly/PalmApparel

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2022, 06:52:45 AM »
I mean I've been playing since day 1 and got pretty used to it, but every time there's an update it looks worse for me. Like my character actually looks like they're wearing a diaper when they push lol.