Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 43089 times)

Andrefosho

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #180 on: February 18, 2022, 12:15:48 AM »
Fired up the update and I'm very pleased with the changes.

Still wish they would put more effort in improving the mechanics and animations instead of pumping out new levels. Like what @slappies commented above on FDR level.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 471
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2022, 06:53:24 AM »
Yeah I wish they’d just work on this content and not bother releasing it till the skater control ls right. They’ve got seperate teams so it’s not really taking manhours away apparently but just stack all that shit for the final game. I’d be happy to keep this with an experimental area and no options as long as they made more progress on the intricacies of control. This update is really good, and will keep me away from XL but it still feels a bit wonky.

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2022, 08:01:04 AM »
My big fear is that they are going to release the last big update and the game is still wonky as it was before. It keeps getting slightly less wonky but never like damn they got it all figured out now. I originally didn't think this was a problem until they announced it's essentially just two updates till they call the game complete.
Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #183 on: February 18, 2022, 09:35:08 AM »
This was just a sample of the animations.  That's why you have to turn them on in experimental.  They release fully in the fall, and  from now until than will be the physics and animation overhaul.   I thought they did an excellent job with this update.   Turning and style have really improved, and adding people to the city is awesome!!!   I think they said they're approx. 26 new features added this update.   To get the best experience I like to watch JL Nighmare break the updates down on youtube!! 

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #184 on: February 18, 2022, 12:43:12 PM »
My big fear is that they are going to release the last big update and the game is still wonky as it was before. It keeps getting slightly less wonky but never like damn they got it all figured out now. I originally didn't think this was a problem until they announced it's essentially just two updates till they call the game complete.

I had the same feeling but this time it seems there is a lot more space between the updates and they must already have been in progress for a while with all the marketing they are doing right now

Trilogy

• Rep: -230
« Reply #185 on: February 18, 2022, 12:50:40 PM »
Just bought this game last week and although I didnt expect much to be honest it is exceeding all my expectations.

Really realistic, and the option to control the gameplay and gravity\grind\rotation\flip settings is what make the simulation really good.

I think the maps are also really good with a lot of attention to detail, I have never been to New York or Philly spots, but now I feel if I go there I already know how it is, its really cool for a guy like me who have been watching skate videos all his life can now skate there, even if it in a virtual way.

You can see the team that is making this game have a passion for it and pay attention to detail which is amazing!

After a week playing it I can do almost every trick I want to do, just grinds\slides are a bit difficult sometimes but maybe they will upgrade that in the future.

The game is not perfect yet, but we finally have a GOOD skateboarding simulation, and lets hope for the updates to make it even better.

Well worth the 20 euros I spent on it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 01:03:39 AM by Trilogy »

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #186 on: February 18, 2022, 01:50:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had the same feeling but this time it seems there is a lot more space between the updates and they must already have been in progress for a while with all the marketing they are doing right now

I don't think that the game would be completed after the 1.0, but making the full release would allow them to publish in all plattforms and selling it full price.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2022, 02:06:11 PM »
Yeah the new physics implementation is cool, really adds to it but I remember asking about the turning ages ago as a Kickstarter backer and they said it’s fundementally not gonna change, and they’re right so far. It’s a trick simulator, not a skating simulator. I’m after something that you can really lean into turns and use your weight and momentum to wallride and slappy etc but this ain’t that game. Getting to spots and doing tricks is it’s vibe, and I guess that’s fine. It is getting better at it and is now actually fun as shit to play mostly, but just doesn’t FEEL cool to skate around still.

One thing I do love is how it does switch. Takes a while to click but with the revert update is way more functional. Just doing a backside kick flip then doing one switch with all the control reversed feels so good. Love it. So much more satisfying than XL

Palm

• Rep: 0
    • Palm Discord avatar image
« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2022, 07:20:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't think that the game would be completed after the 1.0, but making the full release would allow them to publish in all plattforms and selling it full price.

not true, the V1 will be a complete game with all the goal checked from the road map.
but there will be a lot of chances, that they will keep developing the game after the V1 with new features. Will see it once the final version hit the market.

Also, for the ppl who think that V1 will be still janky. The build you are currently playing, is not the build the Devs have, since the beginning they've always  been way more headed in their work, than the public can play. This new update came out after 7month of work and you can see how it has evolved. and the 2 next updates will have 5 month between them, its a lot of time of work still.
Session mods available on our discord
http://bit.ly/PalmApparel

Space Cowboy

« Reply #189 on: February 20, 2022, 03:39:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

not true, the V1 will be a complete game with all the goal checked from the road map.
but there will be a lot of chances, that they will keep developing the game after the V1 with new features. Will see it once the final version hit the market.

Also, for the ppl who think that V1 will be still janky. The build you are currently playing, is not the build the Devs have, since the beginning they've always  been way more headed in their work, than the public can play. This new update came out after 7month of work and you can see how it has evolved. and the 2 next updates will have 5 month between them, its a lot of time of work still.

I dont think that Crea-ture is a studio that will abandon the project after V1

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2022, 12:49:32 AM »
I bought the first version way back when they first released it, and Ive been struggling with the game ever since. I could never get into it the way I got into moded SXL.

But this last update, the spinning and turning mechanics are much, much better and its actually playable. Still a little wonky and clunky, but way better. I put around 10 hours in since the update, and its a completely different game.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2022, 05:59:01 AM »
I can just skate around doing 180s and manuals everywhere and be happy. It’s really clicking now how much better it works.

Prinzy

• Rep: 178
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2022, 08:39:18 AM »
mostly loving the update, cosign all the praises so far.

only complaint is performance on xbox one is quite buggy, but I expected this with such a large update. still, a couple times its been such a bummer i turned it off cause i was over it.

spongebob is lit and if i see any spongebob slander i'm pulling up to your house and beating your ass

Space Cowboy

« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2022, 04:21:43 PM »
I bought the first version way back when they first released it, and Ive been struggling with the game ever since. I could never get into it the way I got into moded SXL.

But this last update, the spinning and turning mechanics are much, much better and its actually playable. Still a little wonky and clunky, but way better. I put around 10 hours in since the update, and its a completely different game.

Im super hyped to hear about this, was needing a reason to play more recently

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2022, 08:56:41 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Im super hyped to hear about this, was needing a reason to play more recently

this update has me playing a lot. i agree with the clunky comment,  but it's insane how much better feels now over when it dropped. Really looking forward to the transition skating physics.

CanadianBacon

« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2022, 05:23:46 PM »
Jahmir Brown coming soon to Session!!!!   Pretty big deal to have a Palace head in the game!!

Ambient Johnny

• Rep: -14
« Reply #196 on: March 03, 2022, 05:55:52 AM »
Was excited about the update, however I've found myself playing it less after it dropped. Some useful adjustments to the turning physics and animations, yet I have been struggling to find any settings that feel as right as things did prior to the update. The push force especially, it's always too much or too little, and it glitches A LOT where after one push you suddenly get an extra burst of speed for no apparent reason, and it has fucked up landing things to the point of just quitting the game instead of sitting there getting frustrated over and over. Also getting into grinds feels more difficult now, certain grinds, like smith grinds, are more about luck than a "locked in" feeling I had it down to in the past (don't like the changes they made to getting into grinds/slides).

The Jerome Banks map is kind of cool, but very small, and I find the instantaneous insane speeds you reach hitting the banks hard to work with. Anyone else having issues with skate sounds not working as before?

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #197 on: March 04, 2022, 03:25:58 AM »
Watched the community contest clips. It's nuts what is possible in this game. I'm just here nosesliding/tailsliding.

For me the game is noticeably improved after the last update. SXL just there collecting dust.

Pudd

• Rep: 4
« Reply #198 on: March 25, 2022, 09:55:08 AM »
New update is sick but has anyone run into the problem of manuals not registering? Trying to beat all the missions but am stuck on the first antiferg one because it doesn't register the manuals

Palm

• Rep: 0
    • Palm Discord avatar image
« Reply #199 on: March 25, 2022, 10:51:57 AM »
Manuals are working fine.
But the Antiferg are all NO PUSH lines missions only.
Make sure to not push between tricks. Don’t skip the dialogues, important informations about the mission and the games in general are given to you.
Session mods available on our discord
http://bit.ly/PalmApparel

Pudd

• Rep: 4
« Reply #200 on: March 25, 2022, 10:52:26 AM »
oh gotcha thank you

Space Cowboy

« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2022, 10:56:24 AM »
New update is sick but has anyone run into the problem of manuals not registering? Trying to beat all the missions but am stuck on the first antiferg one because it doesn't register the manuals
Manuals are working fine.
But the Antiferg are all NO PUSH lines missions only.
Make sure to not push between tricks. Don’t skip the dialogues, important informations about the mission and the games in general are given to you.

I was having the same problem, didn't even think of this hahaha

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #202 on: April 22, 2022, 02:15:20 PM »
This just looks insane. Dying for this to drop on ps4
https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ccqts22gA5U/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Space Cowboy

« Reply #203 on: April 25, 2022, 05:37:41 PM »
This just looks insane. Dying for this to drop on ps4
https://www.instagram.com/tv/Ccqts22gA5U/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I believe that they said they are expecting it to be on Playstation by Fall 2022 (No specific dates yet)

phlap

• Rep: 6
« Reply #204 on: April 27, 2022, 09:04:00 AM »
Honestly, just comparing how far along this game has come since I first played the Kickstarter demo 'til now. It's actually mental just how much far along the game has come.

I still randomly bail for seemingly no reason sometimes though, and I much prefer how SXL handles powerslides and reverts, but for everything else, Session just feels better to play. SXL is too easy/floaty for my liking.

Still. NO skateboarding game has ever had great mini ramp physics. I'm very interested to see how they tackle it when the transition update hits. Skating FDR does NOT feel good at the minute.
-Summer of George-

Ambient Johnny

• Rep: -14
« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2022, 04:58:31 AM »
Some of the bugs have become less severe lately. The one that still gets on my nerves every time I play now is the "extra push speed" thing that happens almost every time one takes one push from standstill, there is a boost of speed as if one had made an additional push, this was not an issue in the past, and it has frustrated me to the point of quitting more times than I can remember because of how it fucks up skating rails etc.

CanadianBacon

« Reply #206 on: May 18, 2022, 08:48:57 AM »
I've been playing this game on Xbox series X and recently tried it on my brother's Xbox one x.  I couldn't believe the difference in performance, it was almost unplayable on the old gen system.  If anyone is enjoying this on Xbox one and you have the means, upgrading your system will open up a while new experience for you!!!

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #207 on: May 30, 2022, 02:19:57 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CeMK2jnp6DS/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

June update has been cancelled and they will release the full game September 21th.

They also cancelled vert (not transition) and a few other things. Not the best news but I guess the publisher is pushing to release the game as soon as possible...

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #208 on: May 30, 2022, 09:58:02 PM »
Ps4 finally!!!

poopnutsupreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #209 on: June 03, 2022, 06:35:01 AM »

I think my fear is worse now with the news of them cancelling the second update. I really hope for this game to come out good but I’m fearing it’ll be another skater xl deal where it’s so close to something amazing but they stop before hitting the final stretch. Hoping to be proven wrong but I’m not counting on it.

Any dude that hates on roller hockey hasn't played, and likely haven't played a sport in their entire life.