Author Topic: Session Skate  (Read 44358 times)

matt_2993

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
Re: Session Skate
« Reply #210 on: June 03, 2022, 08:21:22 AM »
I think we can at least feel pretty safe that they'll absolutely continue to develop and enhance the game after release vs Easy Day Studio who has always ignored the community. Session developers are everything I wish Easy Day could've been. But we'll see anyway

oak leaf

• Rep: 50
« Reply #211 on: June 03, 2022, 10:30:44 AM »
i played the launch version for a mean minute and then put it down. just tried the update and wtf. this game is too good. no lie practicing fs 50s flip out at muni ( in game ) just made me realize what im doing wrong popping out of grinds in real life…. thank you session  ;D

eSK3

« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2022, 07:24:51 AM »
Official 1.0 release date: 09/22/2022
Hoping for multiplayer. I’ve already played well over 500 hours of early access. It just gets better and better.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2022, 09:38:49 AM »
I don't think we're getting multiplayer in September, but supposedly the devs are promising further updates after full release. I'm bummed we're not getting vert either. I wasn't anticipating mega-ramp type vert, but the fact that there won't be any grabs whatsoever is sad. I was looking forward to doing airs at the FDR half pipe. I really enjoy the mechanics of the current version, but man it's optimized like dog shit. At this point I'd be happy to just have the game as is but without all the frame rate issues and general wonkiness.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2022, 11:27:02 AM »

Release trailer could be so much better tbh

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #215 on: July 11, 2022, 03:31:53 PM »
On session can you fall on manuals and grinds? Or do you just fall out of them like on xl?

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #216 on: July 12, 2022, 11:20:14 AM »
I love the separate post just to emphasize the game will be packed with baggy pants options
https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cf6-C3lFlSE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #217 on: July 15, 2022, 12:02:53 PM »
I think we can at least feel pretty safe that they'll absolutely continue to develop and enhance the game after release vs Easy Day Studio who has always ignored the community. Session developers are everything I wish Easy Day could've been. But we'll see anyway

That was the lead developers vision and I trust him.

But he's gone now. They've got a publisher and producers. Nothing is guaranteed anymore.

I hope they respect the initial vision, but who knows.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #218 on: July 19, 2022, 11:42:53 AM »
I love the separate post just to emphasize the game will be packed with baggy pants options
https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cf6-C3lFlSE/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

For me this was probably one of the main features i hoped for every update

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2022, 08:42:49 PM »
since skate 4 is more than likely gonna be some wonky shit can anyone let me know if session is worth the money to buy for xbox one?
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

Palm

• Palm Discord avatar image
« Reply #220 on: July 25, 2022, 08:43:38 AM »
On Xbox you can test the game for 2h for free.

It’s still on pre alpha development at this moment. At a very low price. But that will change at the V1 release in September for a higher price.

It doesn’t hurt to buy it now and see what’s up in September
Session mods available on our discord
http://bit.ly/PalmApparel

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #221 on: July 25, 2022, 09:01:36 AM »
I can’t get use to the shoulder button steering. In skater xl I used the front foot joystick to steer

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #222 on: July 26, 2022, 12:45:48 PM »
since skate 4 is more than likely gonna be some wonky shit can anyone let me know if session is worth the money to buy for xbox one?

I'm playing with an Xbox One S and runs decently, 20$ is a bargain for the 200 hours I been playing

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #223 on: July 26, 2022, 01:53:13 PM »

The current version doesn't run super well on Xbox, so it might be worth waiting until just before the full release in September when it'll be optimized better. The game has a pretty significant learning curve, but once you're past that it's a great game. I've been playing for a couple years now and still love it.

knee surgery

• Rep: 12
« Reply #224 on: July 26, 2022, 05:19:45 PM »
I play it on series s and it is the best skateboarding game you can get for the platform, I don't know why but the demo feels wonkier than what the retail version is (some flaws but it is way way playable) 10/10 best 24 euros ever spent

FuzzGNU

« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2022, 07:01:44 PM »
My primary issue with Session is the turning feels pretty bad, no matter what I do to the settings. If I get the settings perfect, the turning is "okay" at best.

They need to learn from SkaterXL because those guys nailed the turning controls.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #226 on: August 10, 2022, 01:10:23 AM »
My primary issue with Session is the turning feels pretty bad, no matter what I do to the settings. If I get the settings perfect, the turning is "okay" at best.

They need to learn from SkaterXL because those guys nailed the turning controls.

Same here. Fucking kills it for me. It’s all trick focused but so much of skateboarding is feeling good on your board. The last update did help, but still feels like you’re turning a stick. Let me lean into a turn, use my weight against a curb. Honestly if someone made a skate game demo that all you can do is turn with weight dynamics and momentum, breaking traction properly, using this to make hillbimbs fun and doing slappies feel right I’d pay anything.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: August 10, 2022, 05:04:33 AM »
As someone who's waited for session since the absolute first day it even mentioned online, can someone fuckin make me feel better and say the turning isn't that bad? Finally bout to have the console game this year god damn it

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #228 on: August 10, 2022, 05:55:06 AM »
Look, it's way better than it was, and hopefully even better by V1.0

Palm

« Reply #229 on: August 10, 2022, 10:31:40 AM »
As someone who's waited for session since the absolute first day it even mentioned online, can someone fuckin make me feel better and say the turning isn't that bad? Finally bout to have the console game this year god damn it
You got a shit ton of options for turning from loosing trucks independently, having wheelbite, adjusting banking to the way your camera will follow the skater . I got like more of 4000h in that game and I don’t have issue with turning. The last update fixed a lot of issues in that domain.

FuzzGNU

« Reply #230 on: August 10, 2022, 02:00:40 PM »

It's gotten better. The turning was awful before. Now it's just vaguely bad.

Like others said there are tons of options and settings to fine tune. You can make it okay with a bunch of effort... But SkaterXL nailed turning controls in my opinion, so it's frustrating to be playing a game with mediocre turning when I know great turning is possible.

Don't let my posts discourage you.

Slugboi22

• Rep: 65
« Reply #231 on: August 14, 2022, 11:29:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Like others said there are tons of options and settings to fine tune. You can make it okay with a bunch of effort... But SkaterXL nailed turning controls in my opinion, so it's frustrating to be playing a game with mediocre turning when I know great turning is possible.

i barely changed any of the base settings and i found the turning to be just fine. calling it awful is a bit of an exaggeration. i personally find session to be the superior game and i’m super excited for 1.0 :)

FuzzGNU

« Reply #232 on: August 14, 2022, 12:50:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i barely changed any of the base settings and i found the turning to be just fine. calling it awful is a bit of an exaggeration. i personally find session to be the superior game and i’m super excited for 1.0 :)

Glad to hear it.

For me, with how finesse I have to be with the trigger, it really bothers my finger. I can never just fully hold down the trigger, so I gotta hang in this uncomfortable middleground all the time.

Using Xbox One controller on PC, if that matters.

Palm

« Reply #233 on: August 14, 2022, 01:31:16 PM »
Just a lil word about the community Session mag, new issue is out.
Primo Session Mag Issue 2

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #234 on: August 15, 2022, 08:27:21 AM »

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #235 on: August 16, 2022, 03:23:29 PM »
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/861650/view/3362519627202834530

I'm stoked to see that there's a psysichal release of the game! I asked so many times but didn't get an answer. The cover looks boring but I'm glad to support the game again.

https://www.game.es/session-skate-sim-xbox-series-x-207302
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 03:35:49 PM by alraunen »

Palm

« Reply #236 on: August 16, 2022, 06:48:40 PM »
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/861650/view/3362519627202834530

I'm stoked to see that there's a psysichal release of the game! I asked so many times but didn't get an answer. The cover looks boring but I'm glad to support the game again.

https://www.game.es/session-skate-sim-xbox-series-x-207302

This isn’t the final cover, they haven’t revealed it yet.
Next week they are supposed to reveal the new city via IGN. And a bunch of other shit during a German Gamescon event.

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 84
« Reply #237 on: August 26, 2022, 07:35:19 AM »
SF is the newest city. They released a trailer for it on youtube then deleted it.

https://www.ign.com/videos/session-skate-sim-gameplay-trailer

You can watch it on IGN but you gotta watch a 15 second ad before...

alraunen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2022, 08:50:42 AM »

SF is a great choice

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2022, 09:37:39 AM »
Yooo thats so fuckin dope can't wait to buy it.

Altho I really wish they got the body animations better still. Absolutely no impact after landing that 20 stair handrail, hopefully its something they can still update later